Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | pvp coli...
1 2
If it was around when I created my account, I don't remember venturing into the Coli then :o

Curious about the following though:

- If both sides have Ambush, who goes first?
- What were the rewards (if any)?
If it was around when I created my account, I don't remember venturing into the Coli then :o

Curious about the following though:

- If both sides have Ambush, who goes first?
- What were the rewards (if any)?
I remember playing PvP back in the day, but I don't remember if I was any good or what all was happening in that place lol.

I definitely think that they need to add way more variety to dragon builds for PvP to be a viable thing at all on this site. The moves your dragons can learn are sooo limited right now, it would probably end up being the same 2 or 3 builds over and over.

So I hope that when they do re-open it, that it comes with a whole lot of variety added to dragon moves and such.
I remember playing PvP back in the day, but I don't remember if I was any good or what all was happening in that place lol.

I definitely think that they need to add way more variety to dragon builds for PvP to be a viable thing at all on this site. The moves your dragons can learn are sooo limited right now, it would probably end up being the same 2 or 3 builds over and over.

So I hope that when they do re-open it, that it comes with a whole lot of variety added to dragon moves and such.
CLljvdp.png
I only played it a couple times. I don't remember anyone having any pvp specific builds lol, i just played with my coliseum grinders. Took forever to find a match.

I would like to see a pvp aspect return someday, but despite the battle system being horribly unbalanced from an objective standpoint: it feels too late to pivot and restructure it because of how much festival farming and dominance relies on it. I wonder if there would be rewards or some sort. Feels there is a lot of battle stones that would be of great use in PVP that go unused regularly in favour for ambush and berserkers.
I only played it a couple times. I don't remember anyone having any pvp specific builds lol, i just played with my coliseum grinders. Took forever to find a match.

I would like to see a pvp aspect return someday, but despite the battle system being horribly unbalanced from an objective standpoint: it feels too late to pivot and restructure it because of how much festival farming and dominance relies on it. I wonder if there would be rewards or some sort. Feels there is a lot of battle stones that would be of great use in PVP that go unused regularly in favour for ambush and berserkers.
xulc4O8.png
The meta was: Whoever the server chose to go first won.
The meta was: Whoever the server chose to go first won.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
To be honest, all I can think is that coli would need a significant revamp for PVP to be... even considerable, in my opinion.
To be honest, all I can think is that coli would need a significant revamp for PVP to be... even considerable, in my opinion.
pSn2GKM.png
@FrozenBarioth i did find an announcement from 2019 on coliseum PVP development, but i don't remember hearing anything about it afterward... according to this there were plans for toggleable rules to make battles more fair, like not being able to use eliminate or whatnot. super interesting to think about how coli could develop from there since i bet rules like that would make niches for non-eliminate focused builds, though as you've said it def depends on whether you can actually find matches too </3
@FrozenBarioth i did find an announcement from 2019 on coliseum PVP development, but i don't remember hearing anything about it afterward... according to this there were plans for toggleable rules to make battles more fair, like not being able to use eliminate or whatnot. super interesting to think about how coli could develop from there since i bet rules like that would make niches for non-eliminate focused builds, though as you've said it def depends on whether you can actually find matches too </3
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
Hmm, after reading that i would be curious to see how it's implemented. As in a lot of pvp based games there's usually some sort of incentive to play PVP which they seem to have but the clanbound aspect imo is a little interesting. We do have warrior's way but i can see folks who aren't into pvp getting discouraged for being locked out of that set, especially on a site thats relatively chill.

Maybe their ideas of vistas and little baubles for forum posting is the best way, cuz there is a sense of prestige with something few can aquire like the KS apparel or first-year festival apparel and maybe it would be best to not add more if it's skill-based? I don't know! Or perhaps they could have a set of clothing which is one colour, and have another colour like joxbox exclusive to warriors way for everyone. So folks aren't really too locked out of the PVP apparel if they don't want to get it.

I DO remember people having their usernames on the leaderboards, that WAS a thing back then... but it felt like it never changed considering how little the feature was used haha.

I wonder what a hypothetical meta pvp build would be without eliminate. would we see usage of more stones like clobber? anticipate? what's their statspread? i'm curious!
Hmm, after reading that i would be curious to see how it's implemented. As in a lot of pvp based games there's usually some sort of incentive to play PVP which they seem to have but the clanbound aspect imo is a little interesting. We do have warrior's way but i can see folks who aren't into pvp getting discouraged for being locked out of that set, especially on a site thats relatively chill.

Maybe their ideas of vistas and little baubles for forum posting is the best way, cuz there is a sense of prestige with something few can aquire like the KS apparel or first-year festival apparel and maybe it would be best to not add more if it's skill-based? I don't know! Or perhaps they could have a set of clothing which is one colour, and have another colour like joxbox exclusive to warriors way for everyone. So folks aren't really too locked out of the PVP apparel if they don't want to get it.

I DO remember people having their usernames on the leaderboards, that WAS a thing back then... but it felt like it never changed considering how little the feature was used haha.

I wonder what a hypothetical meta pvp build would be without eliminate. would we see usage of more stones like clobber? anticipate? what's their statspread? i'm curious!
xulc4O8.png
It was taken down shortly after I joined if I remember correctly. I’ve waited nearly a decade for it to come back ;-;
It was taken down shortly after I joined if I remember correctly. I’ve waited nearly a decade for it to come back ;-;
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
Quote:
Coliseum PVP

We know it's been awhile since we provided an update on the revamp of the Coliseum PVP system, so we wanted to say something briefly in this Dev Update. We apologize that it's taken awhile to roll this one out; much of the reason for that were other high-priority projects taking focus, namely the recent Achievements system, which was a 9-month full team effort.

While we still don't have much in the way of concrete information for you today, we are happy to say that the feature is quickly approaching an important internal milestone and we will soon be conducting playtests as part of an internal alpha within our team. We've made some modifications to the scope of that alpha so that we can truly target the important networking and infrastructure changes that needed to be built as the foundation for our future plans.

If internal alpha testing is successful, we will make an update to the community on our plans for kicking off a public beta, which we hope you will be a part of! Our first goal is narrow and simple: general stability, connectivity, and flexibility. The beta will focus on what we're calling "Friend Battles", which are voluntary, invite-based 1v1 battles with no stakes. There will be no matchmaking systems or ratings as part of this first phase, so that we can focus solely on the system successfully accommodating many concurrent multiplayer instances.

Another thing that this particular project is teaching us is how we can build a robust and modern multiplayer framework for Flight Rising. The successes and failures of Coliseum PVP testing will inform us how we might be able to implement the backbone of other major features in our development plans.

"Adventure" and "Dragonmeet" are terms that have been around for a long time, and while there isn't a lot we can say (yet), creating a stable multiplayer ecosystem will be integral in making sure those projects (or whatever name or form they end up taking) are set up for success. The Coliseum PVP system isn't just a rewrite, it's part of a larger R & D initiative for the future of Flight Rising!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3282852/1#message

It's in development and it'll come. It's important and it will be the basis for some bigger projects (Adventure/Dragmoneet/Other Stuff)

Also... I don't remember much about PvP. Almost nobody used it and it wasn't too interesting with the most used Eliminate builds. At least I never touched it because it wasn't really worth it or much fun.
Quote:
Coliseum PVP

We know it's been awhile since we provided an update on the revamp of the Coliseum PVP system, so we wanted to say something briefly in this Dev Update. We apologize that it's taken awhile to roll this one out; much of the reason for that were other high-priority projects taking focus, namely the recent Achievements system, which was a 9-month full team effort.

While we still don't have much in the way of concrete information for you today, we are happy to say that the feature is quickly approaching an important internal milestone and we will soon be conducting playtests as part of an internal alpha within our team. We've made some modifications to the scope of that alpha so that we can truly target the important networking and infrastructure changes that needed to be built as the foundation for our future plans.

If internal alpha testing is successful, we will make an update to the community on our plans for kicking off a public beta, which we hope you will be a part of! Our first goal is narrow and simple: general stability, connectivity, and flexibility. The beta will focus on what we're calling "Friend Battles", which are voluntary, invite-based 1v1 battles with no stakes. There will be no matchmaking systems or ratings as part of this first phase, so that we can focus solely on the system successfully accommodating many concurrent multiplayer instances.

Another thing that this particular project is teaching us is how we can build a robust and modern multiplayer framework for Flight Rising. The successes and failures of Coliseum PVP testing will inform us how we might be able to implement the backbone of other major features in our development plans.

"Adventure" and "Dragonmeet" are terms that have been around for a long time, and while there isn't a lot we can say (yet), creating a stable multiplayer ecosystem will be integral in making sure those projects (or whatever name or form they end up taking) are set up for success. The Coliseum PVP system isn't just a rewrite, it's part of a larger R & D initiative for the future of Flight Rising!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3282852/1#message

It's in development and it'll come. It's important and it will be the basis for some bigger projects (Adventure/Dragmoneet/Other Stuff)

Also... I don't remember much about PvP. Almost nobody used it and it wasn't too interesting with the most used Eliminate builds. At least I never touched it because it wasn't really worth it or much fun.
1 2