Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | skydancer has weird feets
1 2 3
[center]It looks okay to me - they have hands after all. It's the back feet that always seemed a little odd, but nothing that apparel can't hide. Tundras, on the other hand? F pose insinuates they have to walk on their tippy toes. I'm not in any way a Tundra hater, but them grippy feet scare me... [img]https://i.imgur.com/7HZivRr.png[/img][/center]
It looks okay to me - they have hands after all. It's the back feet that always seemed a little odd, but nothing that apparel can't hide.

Tundras, on the other hand? F pose insinuates they have to walk on their tippy toes. I'm not in any way a Tundra hater, but them grippy feet scare me...

7HZivRr.png
paLKdZ5.png |
|
|
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSuns/Kerosene
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHe-Him / It-Its
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing me when replying.
...... arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSaved Mibella Templates
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Sales Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFAQ
|
|
|
jHRFH13.png
skydancers never really bothered me but guardian f front left toes bother me so much.. i cant ever use them as a reference when drawing guards i need to look at the male pose [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=162&auth=01c7d34abd46974af12de1114bec9c6af9404f81&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
skydancers never really bothered me but guardian f front left toes bother me so much.. i cant ever use them as a reference when drawing guards i need to look at the male pose

dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=162&auth=01c7d34abd46974af12de1114bec9c6af9404f81&dummyext=prev.png
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Have you SEEN fem Skydancer's back feet? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=20&winggene=9&wings=100&auth=2cc9a9bf05753c289dbf0639968911b21d1f1e70&dummyext=prev.png[/img] They're so friggin LONG Also male PC's back wing [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=32&auth=dcf673b7e18c145726412e99906a86bab9dfe65e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Enjoy!
Have you SEEN fem Skydancer's back feet?

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=20&winggene=9&wings=100&auth=2cc9a9bf05753c289dbf0639968911b21d1f1e70&dummyext=prev.png

They're so friggin LONG

Also male PC's back wing

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=32&auth=dcf673b7e18c145726412e99906a86bab9dfe65e&dummyext=prev.png

Enjoy!
Vista: Transgender Ribbon XXXX XXXX Vista: Pansexual Ribbon
[quote name="Solarizia"] why is the background-front claw like that... i swear it's talons are longer than the claw closer to the camera [/quote] I think it’s perspective, the closer one is tilted towards the viewer i think
Solarizia wrote:
why is the background-front claw like that... i swear it's talons are longer than the claw closer to the camera
I think it’s perspective, the closer one is tilted towards the viewer i think
IMG-7661.png

You can call me Ene or Een!
I’m subbed to all threads I make!

IMG-8367.png
[quote name="@Natron" date="2024-05-06 09:49:43" ] Ankles? On arms? There are no ankles on arms? Are you talking about wrists? They have very human-like hands which are almost fully plantigrade as ours. I can do the same with my hands, they just have low-positioned, opposable thumbs I don't know, from my understanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with their hands. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8N1Yvbk0/image.png[/img] anyway, enjoy this obligatory insert of my old art for context (light-hearted) [img]https://i.postimg.cc/2CNg6fbn/silly.png[/img] [/quote][font=american gothic][size=4] I think OP's talking about how bizarre their wrists look in relation to their ankles being so high up/Dog leg-itis. It makes it difficult to imagine them quadruped walking fast and implies that they're probably bipedal [emoji=undertide scared size=1] Compare to a reconstruction of a hadrosaur and where the wrists and ankles are in comparison to Skydancers to see what I mean that it looks a little funky. [s]Also light hearted but do [b]not[/b] call the cannon the hand near horse people they [i]will[/i] eat you alive[/s] [emoji=undertide scared size=1] I alluded to dog leg-itis in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3329820/16#post_56641401]this[/url] post if you're curious, since they're not the first FR dragon nor Undel-style dragon to exhibit dog leg-itis.
@Natron wrote on 2024-05-06 09:49:43:
Ankles? On arms? There are no ankles on arms? Are you talking about wrists? They have very human-like hands which are almost fully plantigrade as ours. I can do the same with my hands, they just have low-positioned, opposable thumbs

I don't know, from my understanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with their hands.

image.png

anyway, enjoy this obligatory insert of my old art for context (light-hearted)

silly.png

I think OP's talking about how bizarre their wrists look in relation to their ankles being so high up/Dog leg-itis. It makes it difficult to imagine them quadruped walking fast and implies that they're probably bipedal

Compare to a reconstruction of a hadrosaur and where the wrists and ankles are in comparison to Skydancers to see what I mean that it looks a little funky.

Also light hearted but do not call the cannon the hand near horse people they will eat you alive

I alluded to dog leg-itis in this post if you're curious, since they're not the first FR dragon nor Undel-style dragon to exhibit dog leg-itis.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@requacy OHHHHHH you're right, I didn't even think about that- probably because Snappers have the same exact problem except with extremely long thighs and lower legs, they look like frogs.

Anyway, since we have a female Skydancer upright, I am in full support of bipedal Skydancers, they look so bird-like anyway

And this is just going to make me want to call it a hand even more, I will fistfight horse people xD
@requacy OHHHHHH you're right, I didn't even think about that- probably because Snappers have the same exact problem except with extremely long thighs and lower legs, they look like frogs.

Anyway, since we have a female Skydancer upright, I am in full support of bipedal Skydancers, they look so bird-like anyway

And this is just going to make me want to call it a hand even more, I will fistfight horse people xD
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
You ever seen a clip of a human getting down on all fours and start walking like an animal?

Skydancers kinda have that vibe to me.
You ever seen a clip of a human getting down on all fours and start walking like an animal?

Skydancers kinda have that vibe to me.
I mean, it's not as bad as Gladekeeper's back feet. [img]https://flightrising.com/images/gods/9.png[/img] Say what you'd like about the skydancer's spindely digits, because gladekeeper's one step above that. Looks like it would be painful to walk on, it looks like it would be walking on those drumsticks that are made of multiple smaller sticks. Or something. It doesn't feel like roots for feet work I guess.
I mean, it's not as bad as Gladekeeper's back feet.
9.png
Say what you'd like about the skydancer's spindely digits, because gladekeeper's one step above that. Looks like it would be painful to walk on, it looks like it would be walking on those drumsticks that are made of multiple smaller sticks. Or something. It doesn't feel like roots for feet work I guess.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
Nah they feet are fine lets talk about the unsettlingly long wing finger bones
Nah they feet are fine lets talk about the unsettlingly long wing finger bones
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-05-06 09:41:36" ] it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). [/quote] I think you've nailed it.
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-05-06 09:41:36:
it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated).

I think you've nailed it.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
1 2 3