Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hypnotic bothers me visually. Luckily it's super uncommon. I don't think i've ever run into a dragon with it, even in all the years since it has released.

Everything else is fine. I can't picture dragons as 3D living beings, just flat jpegs, so... the concept of a gene being gross if it was real flies right over my head.
Hypnotic bothers me visually. Luckily it's super uncommon. I don't think i've ever run into a dragon with it, even in all the years since it has released.

Everything else is fine. I can't picture dragons as 3D living beings, just flat jpegs, so... the concept of a gene being gross if it was real flies right over my head.
Calathea-elderflower.png
plague primal, i used to dislike patchwork but now i actually love the concept of it for some reason?!?! also clouded/leopard and jaguar/its parallel (if there even is one, i dont know the name), i would strongly prefer not to look at, but it isn't the end of the world if i do
plague primal, i used to dislike patchwork but now i actually love the concept of it for some reason?!?! also clouded/leopard and jaguar/its parallel (if there even is one, i dont know the name), i would strongly prefer not to look at, but it isn't the end of the world if i do
I don’t particularly like orb, laced/edged, or leopard/clouded because it kinda makes the dragon look gross? Space also looks really weird to me too. They don’t really cause a huge amount of discomfort personally but I just don’t like looking at them.

I’ve tried to like soap but I think it’s like grosser looking stained and only works with really pastel dragons or already shiny dragons, otherwise it makes the dragon look texturally very unpleasant and sticky to touch.
I don’t particularly like orb, laced/edged, or leopard/clouded because it kinda makes the dragon look gross? Space also looks really weird to me too. They don’t really cause a huge amount of discomfort personally but I just don’t like looking at them.

I’ve tried to like soap but I think it’s like grosser looking stained and only works with really pastel dragons or already shiny dragons, otherwise it makes the dragon look texturally very unpleasant and sticky to touch.
RXOvIvB.png
gnarlhorns looks too much like how real animals that haven't had their claws trimmed in a long time and are suffering look. if only there was a version of the gene that had the horns and the shoulder spikes but not the grossly uncomfortable nails.
gnarlhorns looks too much like how real animals that haven't had their claws trimmed in a long time and are suffering look. if only there was a version of the gene that had the horns and the shoulder spikes but not the grossly uncomfortable nails.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
Capsule.

That's it, no problems with any other common issue genes (the only one I can think of is Scuttle, to me that's just a cool gene I'm waiting to be released on more breeds) but Capsule just looks wrong.

If I cover the miniscus with a scarf or something it just looks like Glimmer which I'm indifferent to, but it looks too unreal otherwise and unless there is some freaky lore story behind it (in which case I can dig it) then I pass it by.

My fodder filter is actually set to only show Capsule dragons so that on the odd occasion I'm buying fodder to exalt I can remove them from the game before they can breed further muahahahah
Capsule.

That's it, no problems with any other common issue genes (the only one I can think of is Scuttle, to me that's just a cool gene I'm waiting to be released on more breeds) but Capsule just looks wrong.

If I cover the miniscus with a scarf or something it just looks like Glimmer which I'm indifferent to, but it looks too unreal otherwise and unless there is some freaky lore story behind it (in which case I can dig it) then I pass it by.

My fodder filter is actually set to only show Capsule dragons so that on the odd occasion I'm buying fodder to exalt I can remove them from the game before they can breed further muahahahah
qDkA25S.png
Keel looks painful, like there's weird little knives stabbing the dragon, and not in a cool way.

Gnarlhorns has bothered me ever since the nails were pointed out.
Keel looks painful, like there's weird little knives stabbing the dragon, and not in a cool way.

Gnarlhorns has bothered me ever since the nails were pointed out.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
twinkle and flicker. I can't. I don't know what and why, but I hate looking at them

icing and candy too, maybe adding checker to is it is... same unnatural feel to them. they feel too artificial? yes some other genes do too, but checker patter is just what puts me off. like augment? fine. shark? odddddd I can't see it work but I don't mind it. also the fact icing + candy have too much empty area... just. no. it is visually upsetting me in balance way lol

if I think too hard about it, capsule. but I love how it looks/effect in term of colours
twinkle and flicker. I can't. I don't know what and why, but I hate looking at them

icing and candy too, maybe adding checker to is it is... same unnatural feel to them. they feel too artificial? yes some other genes do too, but checker patter is just what puts me off. like augment? fine. shark? odddddd I can't see it work but I don't mind it. also the fact icing + candy have too much empty area... just. no. it is visually upsetting me in balance way lol

if I think too hard about it, capsule. but I love how it looks/effect in term of colours
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Ripple/Current are probably the only genes that give me discomfort in a way that I can't quite place my finger on. It just feels gross to me. Not even plague primal does that(I stand by the fact that plague primal is like having built-in safety goggles).

Chrys/Mala are genes that I'm very picky on the colors with, because there are a surprising number of colors that make the gene feel like moldy bread, but that's more the color's fault, not the gene's fault.
Ripple/Current are probably the only genes that give me discomfort in a way that I can't quite place my finger on. It just feels gross to me. Not even plague primal does that(I stand by the fact that plague primal is like having built-in safety goggles).

Chrys/Mala are genes that I'm very picky on the colors with, because there are a surprising number of colors that make the gene feel like moldy bread, but that's more the color's fault, not the gene's fault.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
Slime, I don’t like the thought of my dragons melting. Similar thing with ground, I do not like the thought of my dragons crumbling apart. There are no exceptions for either of these. Also keel, and fish bone, they look painful. Same with the primal plague eyes, gosh darn, I know it’s plague, but there must’ve been something that doesn’t look like boils. Especially since the plague flight is not supposed to be about, it’s supposed to be about survival of the fittest.
Slime, I don’t like the thought of my dragons melting. Similar thing with ground, I do not like the thought of my dragons crumbling apart. There are no exceptions for either of these. Also keel, and fish bone, they look painful. Same with the primal plague eyes, gosh darn, I know it’s plague, but there must’ve been something that doesn’t look like boils. Especially since the plague flight is not supposed to be about, it’s supposed to be about survival of the fittest.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[quote name="CeriothOfCinders" date="2024-05-03 17:28:28" ] [snip] [b]Special mention:[/b] Carnivore only and specificly bothers me on aethers and dusthides, love it on others! [snip] [/quote] :sobs: I'm sorry! LOL ------------------- For me, it's hypnotic. I just get dizzy lookin' at it for too long. It is the bane of my existence.
CeriothOfCinders wrote on 2024-05-03 17:28:28:
[snip]

Special mention:
Carnivore only and specificly bothers me on aethers and dusthides, love it on others!

[snip]
:sobs: I'm sorry! LOL

For me, it's hypnotic. I just get dizzy lookin' at it for too long. It is the bane of my existence.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7