Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Suggest forum stuff
Do y'all ever feel like only the controversial stuff has any staying power in the suggestion forums? Because we also can't necro threads there's a lot of stuff that people are technically in favor for but don't really get any real replies.

Like for instance, simple quality of life stuff like delete all messages are pretty popular universally. But from my understanding usually threads that are on the first page, (Maybe the first few?) are the ones that get looked at by the staff.

I kind of wish we had like a feedback forum more for talking about features we already have and how we feel about them.

But FR has never added or removed forums from my understanding.
Do y'all ever feel like only the controversial stuff has any staying power in the suggestion forums? Because we also can't necro threads there's a lot of stuff that people are technically in favor for but don't really get any real replies.

Like for instance, simple quality of life stuff like delete all messages are pretty popular universally. But from my understanding usually threads that are on the first page, (Maybe the first few?) are the ones that get looked at by the staff.

I kind of wish we had like a feedback forum more for talking about features we already have and how we feel about them.

But FR has never added or removed forums from my understanding.
At some point every suggestion thread was on the first page.

My experience working for other companies:

Everything gets looked at once if not twice.

Anything "good" and "easily done" gets kept track of elsewhere and stickied into current development plans. Collect feedback from employees on how it would affect workflow/infrastructure/etc.

Incoherent and short gets shared around as a "do you know what this means?" "are they high?"

Worst/funniest/most ridiculously complex/illegal/etc. gets printed on a sheet that gets a tally mark every time it comes up.

Finally, if anyone has a personal pet project that comes up it gets mentioned.
At some point every suggestion thread was on the first page.

My experience working for other companies:

Everything gets looked at once if not twice.

Anything "good" and "easily done" gets kept track of elsewhere and stickied into current development plans. Collect feedback from employees on how it would affect workflow/infrastructure/etc.

Incoherent and short gets shared around as a "do you know what this means?" "are they high?"

Worst/funniest/most ridiculously complex/illegal/etc. gets printed on a sheet that gets a tally mark every time it comes up.

Finally, if anyone has a personal pet project that comes up it gets mentioned.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@nightwind Oh that's great, I really love the idea of them getting printed out.
I know the staff for FR check the suggestion forums but they move really fast, I worry that they tend to get buried before they can get properly looked at.
@nightwind Oh that's great, I really love the idea of them getting printed out.
I know the staff for FR check the suggestion forums but they move really fast, I worry that they tend to get buried before they can get properly looked at.
While the Suggestions Forum isn't and shouldn't be viewed as a to-do list for development, we do look at the Suggestions forum every day. And when we're scoping out development of a new feature? We keyword search the Suggestions Forum. From there, we collate the threads and discussions relevant to the project. This is done for both qualitative and quantitative analysis. It's important to remember that these are forums. The benefit to forums is that they move slower and double as an information archive. This means that even if a thread falls far off the first page, it can still be pulled up with a simple search with minimal noise in the results. [emoji=new friend size=1]
While the Suggestions Forum isn't and shouldn't be viewed as a to-do list for development, we do look at the Suggestions forum every day.

And when we're scoping out development of a new feature? We keyword search the Suggestions Forum. From there, we collate the threads and discussions relevant to the project. This is done for both qualitative and quantitative analysis.

It's important to remember that these are forums. The benefit to forums is that they move slower and double as an information archive. This means that even if a thread falls far off the first page, it can still be pulled up with a simple search with minimal noise in the results.
To my understanding, if you find an old thread that you'd like to see brought back up in suggestions specifically, you're allowed to necro!
It's only really frowned on if you bring up an ancient suggestion to say you think it's stupid and you don't support it, that's the kinda thing that contributes to the bad rep forums get. And also is just a little silly to begin with.

In all honesty, I see this happen mostly because people never search their suggestions up before they make a new thread. So you have the same ideas people generally like with no huge commentary to make, because it's simple stuff like QOL, come up a hundred times as a hundred different threads. As long as your commentary is relevant, necro'ing might even be more useful.
To my understanding, if you find an old thread that you'd like to see brought back up in suggestions specifically, you're allowed to necro!
It's only really frowned on if you bring up an ancient suggestion to say you think it's stupid and you don't support it, that's the kinda thing that contributes to the bad rep forums get. And also is just a little silly to begin with.

In all honesty, I see this happen mostly because people never search their suggestions up before they make a new thread. So you have the same ideas people generally like with no huge commentary to make, because it's simple stuff like QOL, come up a hundred times as a hundred different threads. As long as your commentary is relevant, necro'ing might even be more useful.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
You can necro an old thread, but primarily if you're offering more information and/or providing perosnal feedback and suggestions, just not only "support/no support" or "bump". Also, I can personally attest to the Staff's willingness to consider many suggestions and even bring them to life, although some things just require a lot of planning, communication among the team, timing, development, prioritisation, etc.
You can necro an old thread, but primarily if you're offering more information and/or providing perosnal feedback and suggestions, just not only "support/no support" or "bump". Also, I can personally attest to the Staff's willingness to consider many suggestions and even bring them to life, although some things just require a lot of planning, communication among the team, timing, development, prioritisation, etc.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Monako they've absolutely added forums in the past- the flights didn't use to have separate Dominance forums (dom stuff was all in either their General or Sales forums and just... generally a mess), and Quests & Challenges wasn't a thing for a while, either!

That is to say, there's hope ^-^
@Monako they've absolutely added forums in the past- the flights didn't use to have separate Dominance forums (dom stuff was all in either their General or Sales forums and just... generally a mess), and Quests & Challenges wasn't a thing for a while, either!

That is to say, there's hope ^-^
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.