Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I like Rolly Pollies or Pillbugs etc
1 2
[quote name="Amei" date="2024-04-25 04:57:40" ] [quote name="charwal" date="2024-04-24 18:58:44" ] we exclusively call them carpenters where I live, like I've never met anyone in person who calls them something other than carpenters lol. they're very silly little bugs. really common here too, I find them everywhere in the summer [/quote] It's funny how everyone seems to have a different name for these wonderful little guys. We call them potato bugs here! I think potato bug is actually the name of another bug so that's kind of confusing lol I love isopod and isopod adjacent creatures so much, they're so cute [/quote] [center]That's funny because where I live, we call these things potato bugs [img]https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f2/62/ca/f262ca00972aa15fefba12ae82518273.jpg[/img] They're actually a Jerusalem cricket. But apparently there is a potato beetle :) Anyways, rollie pollies are cute :) Whenever I see one just on the concrete at my house, I go pick it up and take it somewhere it was hide under. As a kid I use to always lift up rocks and stuff to find them
Amei wrote on 2024-04-25 04:57:40:
charwal wrote on 2024-04-24 18:58:44:
we exclusively call them carpenters where I live, like I've never met anyone in person who calls them something other than carpenters lol. they're very silly little bugs. really common here too, I find them everywhere in the summer

It's funny how everyone seems to have a different name for these wonderful little guys. We call them potato bugs here! I think potato bug is actually the name of another bug so that's kind of confusing lol

I love isopod and isopod adjacent creatures so much, they're so cute
That's funny because where I live, we call these things potato bugs
f262ca00972aa15fefba12ae82518273.jpg
They're actually a Jerusalem cricket. But apparently there is a potato beetle :)

Anyways, rollie pollies are cute :) Whenever I see one just on the concrete at my house, I go pick it up and take it somewhere it was hide under. As a kid I use to always lift up rocks and stuff to find them
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I love isopods! I call them podlings lol I actually have two colonies of them, one being a fancy colour variation and the other just a collection of wild types I've saved [img]https://i.imgur.com/msa4aef.jpg[/img] Here are my Armadillidium Vulgare "tangerine" podlings! Enjoying carrot peels and pieces of orange bell pepper. I've also given them apple, lettuce, grapes, and speghetti in the past! The spaghetti was actually quite the hit lol [img]https://i.imgur.com/SgAOQ2G.jpg[/img] I don't have a photo of my wild colony atm (they're super skittish and run every time I open or even just move their home lol) but here's a dehydrated little guy I saved from a bucket in my parents' basement (who knows how long the poor thing had been stuck in there), enjoying a tiny piece of yellow bell pepper. Brought it home to add to my other guys.
I love isopods! I call them podlings lol

I actually have two colonies of them, one being a fancy colour variation and the other just a collection of wild types I've saved

msa4aef.jpg
Here are my Armadillidium Vulgare "tangerine" podlings! Enjoying carrot peels and pieces of orange bell pepper. I've also given them apple, lettuce, grapes, and speghetti in the past! The spaghetti was actually quite the hit lol

SgAOQ2G.jpg
I don't have a photo of my wild colony atm (they're super skittish and run every time I open or even just move their home lol) but here's a dehydrated little guy I saved from a bucket in my parents' basement (who knows how long the poor thing had been stuck in there), enjoying a tiny piece of yellow bell pepper. Brought it home to add to my other guys.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Me too I love bugs. They creep me out and I am fascinated by their perfect little designs
Me too I love bugs. They creep me out and I am fascinated by their perfect little designs
They are so much fun! I currently have 10 species I’m breeding right now. They are honestly so adorable. My favourite silly critters..
They are so much fun! I currently have 10 species I’m breeding right now. They are honestly so adorable. My favourite silly critters..
1 2