Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite be EXPENSIVE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I understand having retired familiars, but also the other Sprites are released new from Roundsey. It's JUST the Light Sprite that's unreasonably gatekept, and that would be fine if ALL the sprites were the same level of status. It's less of a "Kickstarter / Beta" exclusive and more "It's retired but not and you can't stop it" which is genuinely just annoying. I think I'd feel less bad if the Sprites were all the same unreasonable price, because at least it would be equal. But because of circumstances Year 1 During the first festival, not a whole lot of players thought they were being retired, and so didn't buy one.

I'd even consider it fair if they removed all the festival only familiars from Joxars spare inventory crate or hadn't ever introduced them to the spare inventory crate. But just the year 1 familiars is a bit odd, and it's been 10 years, almost 11.
I understand having retired familiars, but also the other Sprites are released new from Roundsey. It's JUST the Light Sprite that's unreasonably gatekept, and that would be fine if ALL the sprites were the same level of status. It's less of a "Kickstarter / Beta" exclusive and more "It's retired but not and you can't stop it" which is genuinely just annoying. I think I'd feel less bad if the Sprites were all the same unreasonable price, because at least it would be equal. But because of circumstances Year 1 During the first festival, not a whole lot of players thought they were being retired, and so didn't buy one.

I'd even consider it fair if they removed all the festival only familiars from Joxars spare inventory crate or hadn't ever introduced them to the spare inventory crate. But just the year 1 familiars is a bit odd, and it's been 10 years, almost 11.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
[quote name="Khuzdul" date="2024-04-23 19:54:00" ] [quote name="FlareFighters" date="2024-04-23 19:45:01" ] They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already. [/quote] [center]And the older apparel while we're at it. Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again. [/quote] Not gonna happen. This comes up every now and then and [i]always[/i] gets shot down for a multitude of reasons. Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now.
Khuzdul wrote on 2024-04-23 19:54:00:
FlareFighters wrote on 2024-04-23 19:45:01:
They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already.
And the older apparel while we're at it.

Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again.

Not gonna happen.

This comes up every now and then and always gets shot down for a multitude of reasons.

Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
light items in general are expensive

other (not so) fun fact: a luminous halo goes for more than an eroded crystalhide (rockbreaker 2013 apparel)
light items in general are expensive

other (not so) fun fact: a luminous halo goes for more than an eroded crystalhide (rockbreaker 2013 apparel)

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
[quote name="Lynell" date="2024-04-23 21:32:32" ] [quote name="Khuzdul" date="2024-04-23 19:54:00" ] [quote name="FlareFighters" date="2024-04-23 19:45:01" ] They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already. [/quote] [center]And the older apparel while we're at it. Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again. [/quote] Not gonna happen. This comes up every now and then and [i]always[/i] gets shot down for a multitude of reasons. Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now. [/quote] i mean i still don't understand why y1, y2 and i think maybe even y3 fest items aren't in the joxbox.. like the odds only get worse as we add items to the pool
Lynell wrote on 2024-04-23 21:32:32:
Khuzdul wrote on 2024-04-23 19:54:00:
FlareFighters wrote on 2024-04-23 19:45:01:
They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already.
And the older apparel while we're at it.

Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again.

Not gonna happen.

This comes up every now and then and always gets shot down for a multitude of reasons.

Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now.
i mean i still don't understand why y1, y2 and i think maybe even y3 fest items aren't in the joxbox.. like the odds only get worse as we add items to the pool
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
maybe its because ive played a lot of different online social/pet sims in my days but i think having a small handful of borderline-prohibitively expensive items in a game adds a bit of flavor

mostly because i find it interesting to consider the social factors that go into making an item so expensive, between aesthetics, history, associated social status, and community culture

so ye the light sprite is deathly expensive but its also intriguing to think about why exactly that is, instead of it being yet another png in an endless dressup game lineup
maybe its because ive played a lot of different online social/pet sims in my days but i think having a small handful of borderline-prohibitively expensive items in a game adds a bit of flavor

mostly because i find it interesting to consider the social factors that go into making an item so expensive, between aesthetics, history, associated social status, and community culture

so ye the light sprite is deathly expensive but its also intriguing to think about why exactly that is, instead of it being yet another png in an endless dressup game lineup
rLM2h8D.png
As someone who got her Light Sprite via Roundsey, I would support adding more of them via the Raffle. I consider mine a status symbol and will never sell it, but that price is more than some KICKSTARTER items...
As someone who got her Light Sprite via Roundsey, I would support adding more of them via the Raffle. I consider mine a status symbol and will never sell it, but that price is more than some KICKSTARTER items...
When I see threads like that I sort of regret going "Bah... It's ugly, not worth that kind of money" back in 2014 and the the thing was being sold on the AH for like, nothing.

Oops :P

When I see threads like that I sort of regret going "Bah... It's ugly, not worth that kind of money" back in 2014 and the the thing was being sold on the AH for like, nothing.

Oops :P

tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
The Light Sprite exceeds the price I paid for the Cranial Hornhelm and the price I paid for the Gilded Crown. I think these are inflated, but I also fully agree that they should just put more of them out at Roundsey's. There are so many players that unless they drop like 10,000 Sprites, it wouldn't really be noticeable. Let people have them, at least to decrease prices a little bit. I've been on here for almost 9 years and my opinion hasn't changed once - give people better accessibility to older items.

Heck, I'd love to see some alternate ways of getting those items, just something really really demanding
The Light Sprite exceeds the price I paid for the Cranial Hornhelm and the price I paid for the Gilded Crown. I think these are inflated, but I also fully agree that they should just put more of them out at Roundsey's. There are so many players that unless they drop like 10,000 Sprites, it wouldn't really be noticeable. Let people have them, at least to decrease prices a little bit. I've been on here for almost 9 years and my opinion hasn't changed once - give people better accessibility to older items.

Heck, I'd love to see some alternate ways of getting those items, just something really really demanding
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
It's insane how expensive they're getting. They had a dip a few years ago when I got mine for 49kg (before that they were like 60-80kg for some years) and since then their worth just skyrocketed... especially thinking about the many times they were reintroduced through Roundsey it just doesn't add up

Yeah I'd love to keep its value - but holy heck they should be added to Joxar...
It's insane how expensive they're getting. They had a dip a few years ago when I got mine for 49kg (before that they were like 60-80kg for some years) and since then their worth just skyrocketed... especially thinking about the many times they were reintroduced through Roundsey it just doesn't add up

Yeah I'd love to keep its value - but holy heck they should be added to Joxar...
@Spamton Agreed. I think that’s a lot of the reason why I still continue to play this game, it’s so much more complex than a lot of other pet breeding games out there. Like just thinking about what factors went into getting that sprite to be worth $1300 effectively. It’s crazy to think about.

As I saw someone affectionately put it: Dragon capitalism lol
@Spamton Agreed. I think that’s a lot of the reason why I still continue to play this game, it’s so much more complex than a lot of other pet breeding games out there. Like just thinking about what factors went into getting that sprite to be worth $1300 effectively. It’s crazy to think about.

As I saw someone affectionately put it: Dragon capitalism lol
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9