Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 86
Today I read up on some stuff I need to know for work this fall, which was interesting because while I knew most of it there was some stuff I didn't actually know! I also had some pages from different webcomics like Sparks, Kingfisher, and The Jewel of the Dragon's Hoard so I took a lil bit to catch up on those! Kingfisher is my favorite out of them and we're starting a new chapter and I'm very happy to see the "trio" reuniting <3

Have you ever been in a book club?

I haven't! I don't really have a lot of friends who really read, or at least, not in a way that's really condusive to a book club. We've all got pretty different tastes and while that's super fun when you just sit and talk about whatever you've been reading, it makes it less fun to try and coordinate a group to all do something at the same time. I also have the highest reading speed of any of my friends which can also make trying to read anything simultaneously a bit hard haha.
Today I read up on some stuff I need to know for work this fall, which was interesting because while I knew most of it there was some stuff I didn't actually know! I also had some pages from different webcomics like Sparks, Kingfisher, and The Jewel of the Dragon's Hoard so I took a lil bit to catch up on those! Kingfisher is my favorite out of them and we're starting a new chapter and I'm very happy to see the "trio" reuniting <3

I haven't! I don't really have a lot of friends who really read, or at least, not in a way that's really condusive to a book club. We've all got pretty different tastes and while that's super fun when you just sit and talk about whatever you've been reading, it makes it less fun to try and coordinate a group to all do something at the same time. I also have the highest reading speed of any of my friends which can also make trying to read anything simultaneously a bit hard haha.
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
Nope! Never been something I've been super interested in. I might consider one in the future if I can get my reading habits a little more consistent!

Daily Reading
Did a lot of skimming through a pile of old children's books to look for something for a troop meeting. Found some nice ones that the kids might enjoy, and found a few I might bring to camp as bedtime stories!
Nope! Never been something I've been super interested in. I might consider one in the future if I can get my reading habits a little more consistent!

Daily Reading
Did a lot of skimming through a pile of old children's books to look for something for a troop meeting. Found some nice ones that the kids might enjoy, and found a few I might bring to camp as bedtime stories!
vDH0pGc.png
Daily Reading
Read some more Japanese tales today! I'm slowly running out of time before I have to turn a bunch of books back into the library so I'm reading a lot of different books at once (and mostly not getting super far) Maybe I should switch to finishing a book before switching to another... I also want to catch up with another webcomic I've been neglecting...

Daily Question
I've never been in a book club, I'm mostly a solo reader but I wouldn't be entirely against joining one if I enjoyed the theme a bit more; the book clubs at my library seem to mostly be either romance or horror and I'm not super into either.
Daily Reading
Read some more Japanese tales today! I'm slowly running out of time before I have to turn a bunch of books back into the library so I'm reading a lot of different books at once (and mostly not getting super far) Maybe I should switch to finishing a book before switching to another... I also want to catch up with another webcomic I've been neglecting...

Daily Question
I've never been in a book club, I'm mostly a solo reader but I wouldn't be entirely against joining one if I enjoyed the theme a bit more; the book clubs at my library seem to mostly be either romance or horror and I'm not super into either.
X
JuaytuP.png
J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
optH9Kd.png
LTm7UbO.png
YMPbu9R.png
Js0HRQT.png
VgQr1kz.png

vx6PPYy.png
Continuing The Haunting of Hill House. Really glad I switched over to this, it's so much easier to read. We're sticking to Eleanor's POV for now, so maybe she's the actual protagonist and Dr Montague was just in the prologue to set up the premise? I thought it'd either go omniscient or switch between characters, but Eleanor's got an interesting voice so it's all good~

Question:

Nope. Don't think it'd be sth I'd vibe with, either, too restrictive as some others have said. Additionally I think it might just give me anxiety if I get a bad health flare-up and can't bring myself to read whatever assigned reading for that week :')
Continuing The Haunting of Hill House. Really glad I switched over to this, it's so much easier to read. We're sticking to Eleanor's POV for now, so maybe she's the actual protagonist and Dr Montague was just in the prologue to set up the premise? I thought it'd either go omniscient or switch between characters, but Eleanor's got an interesting voice so it's all good~

Question:

Nope. Don't think it'd be sth I'd vibe with, either, too restrictive as some others have said. Additionally I think it might just give me anxiety if I get a bad health flare-up and can't bring myself to read whatever assigned reading for that week :')
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Daily Reading
Read some more of Nimona. I'm about halfway through it, and it's really starting to pick up! The beginning felt a little silly and not very serious - in a charming way, but I'm greatly enjoying the much more serious tone right now. I'm super excited to read further.

There are some really good quotes in this latest part, but they're pretty spoiler. So I'll pick the least spoiler one.

"Fighting [...] is no longer the plan."

Question of the Day
Oh, geez. I'm pretty sure I was in one back in like, 7th grade? But it's been... a while. I don't do well with a) books I don't pick, and b) time limits, so book clubs are not really my thing. Optional ones where there's no judgment if I don't finish something, however, work pretty well.
Daily Reading
Read some more of Nimona. I'm about halfway through it, and it's really starting to pick up! The beginning felt a little silly and not very serious - in a charming way, but I'm greatly enjoying the much more serious tone right now. I'm super excited to read further.

There are some really good quotes in this latest part, but they're pretty spoiler. So I'll pick the least spoiler one.

"Fighting [...] is no longer the plan."

Question of the Day
Oh, geez. I'm pretty sure I was in one back in like, 7th grade? But it's been... a while. I don't do well with a) books I don't pick, and b) time limits, so book clubs are not really my thing. Optional ones where there's no judgment if I don't finish something, however, work pretty well.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory

I haven't! Though I would love to sometime

Daily Reading

Felt under the weather today, so I only got to read my Hobbit book for a few minutes

I haven't! Though I would love to sometime

Daily Reading

Felt under the weather today, so I only got to read my Hobbit book for a few minutes
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
Daily Reading

Mostly been reading a lot of webtoons today! Still slowly getting through My Brilliant Friend too.

Technically yes, my friends and I started one but we uh, got off track pretty quickly... There were themed reading lists and we set up a forum for discussion and everything, but we're all pretty busy and things happened. I'm hoping to get back into it though!
Daily Reading

Mostly been reading a lot of webtoons today! Still slowly getting through My Brilliant Friend too.

Technically yes, my friends and I started one but we uh, got off track pretty quickly... There were themed reading lists and we set up a forum for discussion and everything, but we're all pretty busy and things happened. I'm hoping to get back into it though!
GZJetP5.pngp0ktFPn.png1cqnXuZ.png6PSSZLJ.png
Got through more of Harry Potter today, like halfway done now but I've been going slow.

I've never been in a book club, I admit I don't really get the appeal. Talking about the same book with others is fine, but I often find there's pacing issues between how fast people like to read.
Got through more of Harry Potter today, like halfway done now but I've been going slow.

I've never been in a book club, I admit I don't really get the appeal. Talking about the same book with others is fine, but I often find there's pacing issues between how fast people like to read.
4/22:
Today I read part of the fan translation of Devil Venerable Wants to Know. It's about a ruthless leader who gets ahold of the book that he is a part of and decides to figure out why the female protagonist is so infatuated with the male lead despite him being awful to her. His second in command is very loyal and in love with him, and as the story goes on he begins to value him more and see him as an equal. They're all a little bit crazy but I'm enjoying it so far!

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
Nope! Although I was in a competition where we would read a bunch of books and then do trivia on them against other groups.
4/22:
Today I read part of the fan translation of Devil Venerable Wants to Know. It's about a ruthless leader who gets ahold of the book that he is a part of and decides to figure out why the female protagonist is so infatuated with the male lead despite him being awful to her. His second in command is very loyal and in love with him, and as the story goes on he begins to value him more and see him as an equal. They're all a little bit crazy but I'm enjoying it so far!

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
Nope! Although I was in a competition where we would read a bunch of books and then do trivia on them against other groups.
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
April 22
Finally got to part two of Fahrenheit 451: The Sieve and the Sand! We love extended metaphors. I also just love the writing of this book it is so exquisite and has so many emotional moments as well as philosophical moments. I'm so glad I'm rereading it again; it's definitely my favorite classic.

Two exceptional (but long) quotes from Faber today:

"No, no, it's not books at all you're looking for! Take it where you can find it, in old phonographs records, old motion pictures, and in old friends; look for it in nature and look for it in yourself....The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched patches of the universe together into one garment for us."

"The books are to remind us what a**** and fools we are. They're Caesar's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, 'Remember, Caesar, thou art mortal.' Most of us can't rush around, talk to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine percent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any
one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."

I was kind of in a book club with my sister when I was really young, but I don't think that really counts haha so no! But I would love to someday when I am less busy
April 22
Finally got to part two of Fahrenheit 451: The Sieve and the Sand! We love extended metaphors. I also just love the writing of this book it is so exquisite and has so many emotional moments as well as philosophical moments. I'm so glad I'm rereading it again; it's definitely my favorite classic.

Two exceptional (but long) quotes from Faber today:

"No, no, it's not books at all you're looking for! Take it where you can find it, in old phonographs records, old motion pictures, and in old friends; look for it in nature and look for it in yourself....The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched patches of the universe together into one garment for us."

"The books are to remind us what a**** and fools we are. They're Caesar's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, 'Remember, Caesar, thou art mortal.' Most of us can't rush around, talk to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine percent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any
one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."

I was kind of in a book club with my sister when I was really young, but I don't think that really counts haha so no! But I would love to someday when I am less busy
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 86