Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 126 127
Can still try to drive the wagon to slair/ember after bussing today maybe
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-22 09:49:54" ] Can still try to drive the wagon to slair/ember after bussing today maybe [/quote] Fair. Do you think either of them are maf?
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-22 09:49:54:

Fair. Do you think either of them are maf?
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-22 09:54:08" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-22 09:49:54" ] Can still try to drive the wagon to slair/ember after bussing today maybe [/quote] Fair. Do you think either of them are maf? [/quote] Ember > slair Because slair roleclaimed to art
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-22 09:54:08:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-22 09:49:54:

Fair. Do you think either of them are maf?

Ember > slair
Because slair roleclaimed to art
Ah gotcha. I have been seeing Ember as maf-leaning so I can see where you're coming from [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
Ah gotcha. I have been seeing Ember as maf-leaning so I can see where you're coming from
I gotta go, and won't be around until the day is over. Good luck everyone [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
I gotta go, and won't be around until the day is over. Good luck everyone
I need to be sleeping as well

@softsylveon onto you! Don’t forget to vote!
And I don’t think we need to roleclaim so maybe avoid that

Legacy: leremis > ember > star/lost > slair > essence
Please people actually read this

Good luck, sorry and gg see you all in specchat if wrong
I need to be sleeping as well

@softsylveon onto you! Don’t forget to vote!
And I don’t think we need to roleclaim so maybe avoid that

Legacy: leremis > ember > star/lost > slair > essence
Please people actually read this

Good luck, sorry and gg see you all in specchat if wrong
o7 hopefully things go well
o7 hopefully things go well
[quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-18 15:15:21" ] Right now, I’m stopping for gas during my drive home. I was planning on catching up on the thread/casting my vote when I get home in about two hours. I honestly can’t tell you rn who it’ll be because things seem to change so quickly —nobody’s stood out so much that I think they need the axe. I remember Starwindrider asking for a reason not to skip and not really getting one, but lots of people seem very insistent on voting. I’m probably going to try rereading the thread to work out what the best move is. [/quote] [quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-18 17:51:03" ] Alright, home and finished catching up! I'm still not quite sure how certain one is supposed to be before voting, but (and maybe this is only since I started at the later part) but i think I'm leaning towards Raccoon. They seem overly aggressive towards Tangle (the loud or helpful comment, and ) who has pretty consistently given off town vibes, and they always kinda seem to be pushing for people to scumread more. Again, I'm really not to sure about this (and if that means I should actually not vote to elim, please tell me!) but it sounds like the way these games usually goes involve a lot of gut reads and unsure votes. [/quote] this is what i initially didn't feel good about going into n1. [quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-19 18:23:51" ] [quote name="Leremis" date="2024-04-19 18:14:19" ] so in light of how that vote turned out, i'm really interested in reviewing who was a late vote on shiny, and who backed off early. presumably mafia would have told each other who the other is paired with which makes those reactions really interesting now [/quote] Hello, one of the late votes here. I'd been trying to figure out who to vote for a bit last-minute and again didn't feel super certain on anyone, but Raccoon seemed suspicious to me based on pretty much the slightly more aggressive reasons I stated in my post. I wanted to actually vote for someone since that seemed to be the thing to do even if one wasn't entirely sure. I do agree that voting Raccoon seems considerably more suspicious now that we know that Cap is mafia -- I suppose the only good defense I have is that I did say that I was open to hearing why I shouldn't vote when uncertain, even if I got it in quite late. [/quote] and then felt compelled to address my comment very quickly, despite not being in the voters i was looking at during that time [quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-19 21:05:41" ] Scum This is the part that I find quite difficult! Since I do agree with the idea that the mafia would be pushing for a Raccoon vote (despite, y'know, doing that -- hindsight is 20/20) I suppose it makes sense to start with those that voted for Raccoon. autumnseas: I feel bad and uncertain about putting this name here solely for the Raccoon vote. I did a search of the forums and there wasn't much else to go off of. In all honesty, putting this name here feels a lot like when I voted for Raccoon. I'm doing this because I'm supposed to put some sort of scum here. Leaving it blank (even if this is part one) would be suspicious. [/quote] given where things are in the thread currently, i'm dogearring this to compare [quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-20 09:50:33" ] I am going to go ahead and cast my vote for SpiderQueen8. I'm potentially open to changing this later if more information comes forward (I've seen how quickly this thread can move lol) but here's my current reasoning: I'm not a fan of the amount of suspicion that that they threw on softsylveon/Tangle. I don't find their reasoning particularly convincing, which I went over earlier. I know that people who are town can just have incorrect reads, so this isn't certain proof or anything, but it's certainly a factor to take into consideration. I trust my lover very much, and she's remained suspicious of SpiderQueen since the start. I did agree that mafia would be trying to vote out Raccoon to save Cap. SpiderQueen was one of those who did so. The continued suspicion on Raccoon (in this post) honestly bothers me more than the suspicion on Tangle/softsylveon -- I'd expect someone to admit that it was the wrong call instead of sticking with it after the night's reveals. [/quote] why does this make me feel better about spider. she's stuck to her guns about tangle and raccoon and raccoon ended up being harmful 3p so. hm but then again, [quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-20 12:34:39" ] The other person I might feel comfortable voting for is Storm, mostly for being suspicious about Raccoon. [/quote] but still proceeded to maintain a vote on spider it's giving a little wishy washy to me, and now i have some things to consider re: spider vote. especially when lost was sussing both autumn and spider. i'm gonna look at autumn and starwind next i'm taking my vote off of spider for now
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-18 15:15:21:

Right now, I’m stopping for gas during my drive home. I was planning on catching up on the thread/casting my vote when I get home in about two hours. I honestly can’t tell you rn who it’ll be because things seem to change so quickly —nobody’s stood out so much that I think they need the axe. I remember Starwindrider asking for a reason not to skip and not really getting one, but lots of people seem very insistent on voting. I’m probably going to try rereading the thread to work out what the best move is.
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-18 17:51:03:
Alright, home and finished catching up!

I'm still not quite sure how certain one is supposed to be before voting, but (and maybe this is only since I started at the later part) but i think I'm leaning towards Raccoon. They seem overly aggressive towards Tangle (the loud or helpful comment, and ) who has pretty consistently given off town vibes, and they always kinda seem to be pushing for people to scumread more.

Again, I'm really not to sure about this (and if that means I should actually not vote to elim, please tell me!) but it sounds like the way these games usually goes involve a lot of gut reads and unsure votes.

this is what i initially didn't feel good about going into n1.
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-19 18:23:51:
Leremis wrote on 2024-04-19 18:14:19:
so in light of how that vote turned out, i'm really interested in reviewing who was a late vote on shiny, and who backed off early. presumably mafia would have told each other who the other is paired with which makes those reactions really interesting now

Hello, one of the late votes here. I'd been trying to figure out who to vote for a bit last-minute and again didn't feel super certain on anyone, but Raccoon seemed suspicious to me based on pretty much the slightly more aggressive reasons I stated in my post. I wanted to actually vote for someone since that seemed to be the thing to do even if one wasn't entirely sure. I do agree that voting Raccoon seems considerably more suspicious now that we know that Cap is mafia -- I suppose the only good defense I have is that I did say that I was open to hearing why I shouldn't vote when uncertain, even if I got it in quite late.

and then felt compelled to address my comment very quickly, despite not being in the voters i was looking at during that time
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-19 21:05:41:

Scum
This is the part that I find quite difficult! Since I do agree with the idea that the mafia would be pushing for a Raccoon vote (despite, y'know, doing that -- hindsight is 20/20) I suppose it makes sense to start with those that voted for Raccoon.

autumnseas: I feel bad and uncertain about putting this name here solely for the Raccoon vote. I did a search of the forums and there wasn't much else to go off of. In all honesty, putting this name here feels a lot like when I voted for Raccoon. I'm doing this because I'm supposed to put some sort of scum here. Leaving it blank (even if this is part one) would be suspicious.

given where things are in the thread currently, i'm dogearring this to compare
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-20 09:50:33:
I am going to go ahead and cast my vote for SpiderQueen8. I'm potentially open to changing this later if more information comes forward (I've seen how quickly this thread can move lol) but here's my current reasoning:

I'm not a fan of the amount of suspicion that that they threw on softsylveon/Tangle. I don't find their reasoning particularly convincing, which I went over earlier. I know that people who are town can just have incorrect reads, so this isn't certain proof or anything, but it's certainly a factor to take into consideration.

I trust my lover very much, and she's remained suspicious of SpiderQueen since the start.

I did agree that mafia would be trying to vote out Raccoon to save Cap. SpiderQueen was one of those who did so. The continued suspicion on Raccoon (in this post) honestly bothers me more than the suspicion on Tangle/softsylveon -- I'd expect someone to admit that it was the wrong call instead of sticking with it after the night's reveals.

why does this make me feel better about spider. she's stuck to her guns about tangle and raccoon and raccoon ended up being harmful 3p so. hm

but then again,
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-20 12:34:39:
The other person I might feel comfortable voting for is Storm, mostly for being suspicious about Raccoon.

but still proceeded to maintain a vote on spider

it's giving a little wishy washy to me, and now i have some things to consider re: spider vote. especially when lost was sussing both autumn and spider. i'm gonna look at autumn and starwind next

i'm taking my vote off of spider for now

tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
autumnseas - you and your walls [quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-04-18 17:50:09" ] do not take these super seriously i read so fast i am gut feelingsing here w whoever comes to mind. sorry if i forgot anyone. feel better about: art, hiii, potato need more time + info to solidify opinion: essence, tangle, syl, nat don’t love the idea of voting rn: shiny, raccoon (this is Not Convenient i know i knowwwww) feel a bit negatively about: slairisk, raccoon again, storia again (SORRY) checking voting thread rq to see current counts before deciding bc i dont want a tie but vote will be in category 4 [/quote] notably doesn't list any mafia that have currently flipped but at this point it was hard to get a grasp on many [quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-04-18 17:56:10" ] hm okay i am not 100% happy with this but i dislike the shiny wagon (posts feel. normal to me. like i just dont get it.) and that's what's winning rn so i think im going for a raccoon vote rn given that 1) that is the other vote with a winning chance 2) informative interactions and some posts/logic i disliked (nobody say i am voting just to stop a shiny elim. i would not vote for the #2 vote train if i thought #2 wasn't suspicious either) 3) i wanted to give the claim a chance to be proven but if it's a 1 shot we almost definitely have other protective roles so not a huge loss imo. also squinting a little bit at refusal to share lover/nobody else coming out as the lover to defend them??? idk i want to know whats going on there [/quote] i vibe with this reasoning [quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-04-18 18:00:35" ] [quote name="Storia" date="2024-04-18 17:57:18" ] @ autumnseas do you find yourself feeling negative about me bc i tunnel so hard on potat lol if yes then sorry thats just an essence thing lmao im aware i turbo fired on most likely the wrong target but it is how i am :sparkles: [/quote] yeah that + relatively quick withdrawal of pressure upon claim + a little gut. negativity is mild atm [/quote] -0.5 for sussing my lover but at this time i'm also second guessing storia so we'll see how that pans out tbh https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3330494/64#post_56627109 i liked a lot of the reasoning in this reads lists https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3330494/65#post_56627132 i think this post is NAI but oh my god is it ever helpful [quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-04-20 16:18:57" ] [quote name="hotpants" date="2024-04-20 13:34:47" ] I am going to examine each section in detail and later preform ISO’s of the individuals who fall under my predetermined sections of suspicion as I believe any overlap between either (1), (2) and (3) is enough to make me suspicious of someone. What I mean here is for example, fulfilling the criteria of (1) by being a pusher of the Raccoon wagon, but also fulfilling the criteria of (3) by for instance being especially high on Hiii’s readlist. (1) Pushing the Raccoon wagon around EOD whilst [b]dismissing the potential alternative of voting for Shiny, Slairisk etc[/b]. and offering little explanation for the push. I see this as a potential counter push by scum to try and prevent CaptainTsundere from being eliminated via Shiny. (2) Interactions of particular interest with Captain Tsundere, I mostly use these to gauge who I feel is town based on Tsunderes critiques of other players (3) Scum-leaned on the read lists of those who were night killed, perhaps this could have made those who were night-killed a target for scum [snip] Considering how much back-lash LostLuminary seems to be getting for their EOD Racoon vote, [b]I’m surprised more people aren’t looking into Autumnseas for the same reason. [/b] Both LostLuminary and Autumnseas have about as compelling arguments for voting for Raccoon as each other and while LostLuminary has the excuse of not being able to read the thread or participate much until the end of the day as well as the fact this is their first game of mafia, I’m not sure how Autumnseas EOD Raccoon vote makes me feel. I don’t understand Autumnseas reasoning here [b]which seems to base suspicion on the lack of a lover claim at the end of the day by Raccoon to be enough to warrant voting for Raccoon.[/b] This is in the same was as I didn’t view purely Raccoon (or anyone for that matter) being ‘defensive’ as enough of a reason to vote for them. [/quote] bolded section 1: only one person had a vote on slairisk and she wasn’t really a topic of discussion at eotd so i’m confused why you placed that as a potential alternative at the same level of viability as a vote on shiny (who had about the same amount of attention on her as raccoon at that point) bolded section 2: i guess it depends on when the post was written whether this is weird or not but i think atp people are looking at me More than lost bolded section 3: i listed my main three reasons for voting for raccoon and none of those were the lover thing, which i just casually mentioned at the end. it made me curious to see the pair flip at the time but i did not vote for raccoon for that reason [/quote] considering hotpants flipped mafia, i find this interaction really neat for trying to cast sus onto lost and harvest i'm not convinced that sq and harvest are a w/w pair at this time. i don't feel great about them having such underwhelming abilities but if they're both genuine, knowing the other is town is pretty decent compared to those who don't know and can't reasonably find out *cries in caged chat*
autumnseas - you and your walls
autumnseas wrote on 2024-04-18 17:50:09:

do not take these super seriously i read so fast i am gut feelingsing here w whoever comes to mind. sorry if i forgot anyone.
feel better about: art, hiii, potato
need more time + info to solidify opinion: essence, tangle, syl, nat
don’t love the idea of voting rn: shiny, raccoon (this is Not Convenient i know i knowwwww)
feel a bit negatively about: slairisk, raccoon again, storia again (SORRY)

checking voting thread rq to see current counts before deciding bc i dont want a tie but vote will be in category 4

notably doesn't list any mafia that have currently flipped but at this point it was hard to get a grasp on many
autumnseas wrote on 2024-04-18 17:56:10:
hm okay i am not 100% happy with this but i dislike the shiny wagon (posts feel. normal to me. like i just dont get it.) and that's what's winning rn so i think im going for a raccoon vote rn given that 1) that is the other vote with a winning chance 2) informative interactions and some posts/logic i disliked (nobody say i am voting just to stop a shiny elim. i would not vote for the #2 vote train if i thought #2 wasn't suspicious either) 3) i wanted to give the claim a chance to be proven but if it's a 1 shot we almost definitely have other protective roles so not a huge loss imo. also squinting a little bit at refusal to share lover/nobody else coming out as the lover to defend them??? idk i want to know whats going on there

i vibe with this reasoning
autumnseas wrote on 2024-04-18 18:00:35:
Storia wrote on 2024-04-18 17:57:18:
@ autumnseas

do you find yourself feeling negative about me bc i tunnel so hard on potat lol

if yes then sorry thats just an essence thing lmao im aware i turbo fired on most likely the wrong target but it is how i am :sparkles:
yeah that + relatively quick withdrawal of pressure upon claim + a little gut. negativity is mild atm

-0.5 for sussing my lover but at this time i'm also second guessing storia so we'll see how that pans out tbh

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3330494/64#post_56627109

i liked a lot of the reasoning in this reads lists

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3330494/65#post_56627132

i think this post is NAI but oh my god is it ever helpful
autumnseas wrote on 2024-04-20 16:18:57:
hotpants wrote on 2024-04-20 13:34:47:
I am going to examine each section in detail and later preform ISO’s of the individuals who fall under my predetermined sections of suspicion as I believe any overlap between either (1), (2) and (3) is enough to make me suspicious of someone. What I mean here is for example, fulfilling the criteria of (1) by being a pusher of the Raccoon wagon, but also fulfilling the criteria of (3) by for instance being especially high on Hiii’s readlist.

(1) Pushing the Raccoon wagon around EOD whilst dismissing the potential alternative of voting for Shiny, Slairisk etc. and offering little explanation for the push. I see this as a potential counter push by scum to try and prevent CaptainTsundere from being eliminated via Shiny.

(2) Interactions of particular interest with Captain Tsundere, I mostly use these to gauge who I feel is town based on Tsunderes critiques of other players

(3) Scum-leaned on the read lists of those who were night killed, perhaps this could have made those who were night-killed a target for scum

[snip]

Considering how much back-lash LostLuminary seems to be getting for their EOD Racoon vote, I’m surprised more people aren’t looking into Autumnseas for the same reason.
Both LostLuminary and Autumnseas have about as compelling arguments for voting for Raccoon as each other and while LostLuminary has the excuse of not being able to read the thread or participate much until the end of the day as well as the fact this is their first game of mafia, I’m not sure how Autumnseas EOD Raccoon vote makes me feel. I don’t understand Autumnseas reasoning here which seems to base suspicion on the lack of a lover claim at the end of the day by Raccoon to be enough to warrant voting for Raccoon. This is in the same was as I didn’t view purely Raccoon (or anyone for that matter) being ‘defensive’ as enough of a reason to vote for them.
bolded section 1: only one person had a vote on slairisk and she wasn’t really a topic of discussion at eotd so i’m confused why you placed that as a potential alternative at the same level of viability as a vote on shiny (who had about the same amount of attention on her as raccoon at that point)
bolded section 2: i guess it depends on when the post was written whether this is weird or not but i think atp people are looking at me More than lost
bolded section 3: i listed my main three reasons for voting for raccoon and none of those were the lover thing, which i just casually mentioned at the end. it made me curious to see the pair flip at the time but i did not vote for raccoon for that reason

considering hotpants flipped mafia, i find this interaction really neat for trying to cast sus onto lost and harvest

i'm not convinced that sq and harvest are a w/w pair at this time. i don't feel great about them having such underwhelming abilities but if they're both genuine, knowing the other is town is pretty decent compared to those who don't know and can't reasonably find out *cries in caged chat*
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
I’m not caught up because I’m at work, but Starwindrider has been messaging me and told me that we should roleclaim now.

I said that I knew softsylveon was town in a roundabout way, but that wasn’t quite true. I found put in a very simple and straightforward way because my active is to investigate a player each night. I learn their alignment and abilities — assuming softsylveon hasn’t shared yet, I can describe her abilities to prove this. Last night I tried to investigate SpiderQueen8, but I didn’t get any information about abilities or alignment. I’m assuming that they had either some kind of general protection or someone was suspicious of me specifically.

From Starwindrider:

I give permission to Lost to post this on my behalf.

Passive: If someone visits me, the frequency at which they can use their active abilities will be altered in a way. I don't decide how it's altered. I think this passive is due to my poem which is about seasons and regular patterns, so those who visit me are similarly restricted to using their abilities based on specific patterns.

Active: Every night, I prevent someone from using their active ability. Doesn't count for mafia/3p factional kills. N1 I blocked natsinabucket (because I didn't like how they did the Shiny vote), N2 I blocked Leremis (one of my 3 mafia leaning suspects).

I'm not sure how you all judge such abilities, but I'm aware that you may be thinking I'm mafia because of my active ability. From what I can tell, Storia (who is largely accepted to be town) has the countereffect to my ability, but I don't think she's mafia because of this. I'm not sure why 2 towns will have counteracting abilities, but that is truthfully what is on my rolecard. My rolecard says town and gave me this active ability, I do not lie.
I’m not caught up because I’m at work, but Starwindrider has been messaging me and told me that we should roleclaim now.

I said that I knew softsylveon was town in a roundabout way, but that wasn’t quite true. I found put in a very simple and straightforward way because my active is to investigate a player each night. I learn their alignment and abilities — assuming softsylveon hasn’t shared yet, I can describe her abilities to prove this. Last night I tried to investigate SpiderQueen8, but I didn’t get any information about abilities or alignment. I’m assuming that they had either some kind of general protection or someone was suspicious of me specifically.

From Starwindrider:

I give permission to Lost to post this on my behalf.

Passive: If someone visits me, the frequency at which they can use their active abilities will be altered in a way. I don't decide how it's altered. I think this passive is due to my poem which is about seasons and regular patterns, so those who visit me are similarly restricted to using their abilities based on specific patterns.

Active: Every night, I prevent someone from using their active ability. Doesn't count for mafia/3p factional kills. N1 I blocked natsinabucket (because I didn't like how they did the Shiny vote), N2 I blocked Leremis (one of my 3 mafia leaning suspects).

I'm not sure how you all judge such abilities, but I'm aware that you may be thinking I'm mafia because of my active ability. From what I can tell, Storia (who is largely accepted to be town) has the countereffect to my ability, but I don't think she's mafia because of this. I'm not sure why 2 towns will have counteracting abilities, but that is truthfully what is on my rolecard. My rolecard says town and gave me this active ability, I do not lie.
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 126 127