Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 86
daily reading
just started Hero of Ages!! i'm very excited, it's been on my to-read list for a while now and i loved book 2 so i cant wait to see whats up with the finale~

What's a book that you did not finish? Why?
i read the first two books of ACOTAR cuz i was curious what the big deal was. i didnt like it but i was feeling FOMO however the third book was just so bad i just couldnt finish it :(
daily reading
just started Hero of Ages!! i'm very excited, it's been on my to-read list for a while now and i loved book 2 so i cant wait to see whats up with the finale~

i read the first two books of ACOTAR cuz i was curious what the big deal was. i didnt like it but i was feeling FOMO however the third book was just so bad i just couldnt finish it :(
Ccnk6GC.gifS5BGfck.gifCSkG6yq.gifMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
Had some free time on Sunday while waiting at a restaurant, so I read a couple of chapters of Pierre Gilliard's Thirteen Years at the Russian Court. I should probably make time to sit down and concentrate on it more carefully; it's tough to read when you're hungry and impatient.

Apr. 21: What's a book that you did not finish? Why?
No specific titles that I can recall. x'D I usually stop reading due to lack of time, but if I find a book especially boring or gloomy, I'm not likely to pick it up again even when I can.
Had some free time on Sunday while waiting at a restaurant, so I read a couple of chapters of Pierre Gilliard's Thirteen Years at the Russian Court. I should probably make time to sit down and concentrate on it more carefully; it's tough to read when you're hungry and impatient.

Apr. 21: What's a book that you did not finish? Why?
No specific titles that I can recall. x'D I usually stop reading due to lack of time, but if I find a book especially boring or gloomy, I'm not likely to pick it up again even when I can.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Daily Reading: Made it a good chunk into Artificial Condition today and I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow! I really want to read more sci-fi and this series is getting me into it.

QOTD: I wanted to like it so much but Uprooted by Naomi Novik. The main character was so unlikeable to me and the "wizard in the tower" love interest was just too annoying and rude to root for. Ended up DNFing about 100 pages in.
Daily Reading: Made it a good chunk into Artificial Condition today and I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow! I really want to read more sci-fi and this series is getting me into it.

QOTD: I wanted to like it so much but Uprooted by Naomi Novik. The main character was so unlikeable to me and the "wizard in the tower" love interest was just too annoying and rude to root for. Ended up DNFing about 100 pages in.
2H1j3pX.pngW5tLJ1o.pngVTxnlVe.pngmVKzwck.png3n4H9un.pngqONfIae.pngroad-not-taken-button-90px.png
Reread more fanfic today as usual.

Sunday - What's a book that you did not finish? Why?

Tried reading Twilight way back when because I read a few crossover fanfics that made it seem like it might have some funny moments. And it did have a few. But they just got overwhelmed by how overall the book was SO. BORING. I think I quit somewhere around halfway through when they were STILL going on about shopping for a prom dress that I never cared about in the first place.
Reread more fanfic today as usual.

Sunday - What's a book that you did not finish? Why?

Tried reading Twilight way back when because I read a few crossover fanfics that made it seem like it might have some funny moments. And it did have a few. But they just got overwhelmed by how overall the book was SO. BORING. I think I quit somewhere around halfway through when they were STILL going on about shopping for a prom dress that I never cared about in the first place.
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Read a bunch of dnd stuff because I was helping my partner make a character for the first time
He's a druid wood elf with a hermit background

Warrior Cats: Midnight
Didn't have enough time to finish it before I had to turn it back into the library.Think I had like a chapter and a prologue left idk
Then there was the entire Dawn of The Clans arc which I just got bored of idk. I'll have to go back n reread.
Read a bunch of dnd stuff because I was helping my partner make a character for the first time
He's a druid wood elf with a hermit background

Warrior Cats: Midnight
Didn't have enough time to finish it before I had to turn it back into the library.Think I had like a chapter and a prologue left idk
Then there was the entire Dawn of The Clans arc which I just got bored of idk. I'll have to go back n reread.

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
I read about italtian immigrant/American sterotypes in film/tv. not quite what i was looking for since I want speech portrayals specifically but hey context is still useful.

i cant remember one recently but I probably dint finish a goosebumps or eh maybe that one book about like medical commodification of bodies idk. none of my unfinished books was bc they were memorably bad lol
I read about italtian immigrant/American sterotypes in film/tv. not quite what i was looking for since I want speech portrayals specifically but hey context is still useful.

i cant remember one recently but I probably dint finish a goosebumps or eh maybe that one book about like medical commodification of bodies idk. none of my unfinished books was bc they were memorably bad lol
Continued to read "Allowin Singulier-Weyrd" and "Necromancer Survival".
Making good progress for both! I spent a lot of time reading today.

Daily Question: What's a book that you did not finish? Why?
I don't have a specific book in mind, but I tend to drop when I feel the scenario isn't well-structured or if the interactions between the characters aren't interesting enough.
Sometimes... I just forget to continue a book because "I'll finish reading it later" and when I finally feel like reading it again, I completely forgot about the details of the story.
Continued to read "Allowin Singulier-Weyrd" and "Necromancer Survival".
Making good progress for both! I spent a lot of time reading today.

Daily Question: What's a book that you did not finish? Why?
I don't have a specific book in mind, but I tend to drop when I feel the scenario isn't well-structured or if the interactions between the characters aren't interesting enough.
Sometimes... I just forget to continue a book because "I'll finish reading it later" and when I finally feel like reading it again, I completely forgot about the details of the story.
SVrf4gw.pngoO4Btix.pnghi!
I continued to read The Shining today and made it through around three chapters

What’s a book you did not finish? Why?

I honestly could not recall a book I haven't finished off the top of my head, so I looked at my book shelf and found: The Haunting of Hill House. I was gifted it a couple years ago and made it through about a quarter of the book before I stopped reading it. I can't remember why. Most likely, I was just distracted by something or another and forgot to pick it back up. It's still on my TBR list!
I continued to read The Shining today and made it through around three chapters

What’s a book you did not finish? Why?

I honestly could not recall a book I haven't finished off the top of my head, so I looked at my book shelf and found: The Haunting of Hill House. I was gifted it a couple years ago and made it through about a quarter of the book before I stopped reading it. I can't remember why. Most likely, I was just distracted by something or another and forgot to pick it back up. It's still on my TBR list!
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
Quote:

Oh, a lot. Couldn't finish Dave Eggers' books or works by Joyce Carol Oates. I didn't like the writing and storytelling style. I have so many books to read my tolerance for books I'm not liking is pretty low.

Today I read part of Sarah Banet-Weiser's Kids rule!: Nickelodeon and consumer citizenship (Duke University Press, 2007). It's a fascinating book about children's entertainment, though I had to keep myself focused on the regulatory aspect the book discusses so I could finish a paper!
Quote:

Oh, a lot. Couldn't finish Dave Eggers' books or works by Joyce Carol Oates. I didn't like the writing and storytelling style. I have so many books to read my tolerance for books I'm not liking is pretty low.

Today I read part of Sarah Banet-Weiser's Kids rule!: Nickelodeon and consumer citizenship (Duke University Press, 2007). It's a fascinating book about children's entertainment, though I had to keep myself focused on the regulatory aspect the book discusses so I could finish a paper!
BoVzcWO.gif
I've started "My Brilliant Friend"... I haven't managed to read an actual book in a very long time, let alone literary fiction, but I hope I have fun with it! Before this I read through a few visual novels that were fantastic, which is probably what built up my read-o-meter enough to attempt this, lol.

I highly recommend Misericorde and Heaven Will Be Mine (aforementioned VNs) to anyone into the genre!

Edit: I'm glad I checked other people's posts, or I would've missed the daily question! I checked the first page posts again and again but didn't find today's.

Um... so many, haha. But if we exclude the ones I do want to finish someday, or at least in theory... I got stuck at vol 3 of Heaven Official's Blessing because the dramatic backstory was playing out in such a nonsensical way that I just could not bring myself to continue reading. I do want to get to other stuff in the series though, so I'll probably muster up the strength to just skip that part and continue reading from the next section one day.
I've started "My Brilliant Friend"... I haven't managed to read an actual book in a very long time, let alone literary fiction, but I hope I have fun with it! Before this I read through a few visual novels that were fantastic, which is probably what built up my read-o-meter enough to attempt this, lol.

I highly recommend Misericorde and Heaven Will Be Mine (aforementioned VNs) to anyone into the genre!

Edit: I'm glad I checked other people's posts, or I would've missed the daily question! I checked the first page posts again and again but didn't find today's.

Um... so many, haha. But if we exclude the ones I do want to finish someday, or at least in theory... I got stuck at vol 3 of Heaven Official's Blessing because the dramatic backstory was playing out in such a nonsensical way that I just could not bring myself to continue reading. I do want to get to other stuff in the series though, so I'll probably muster up the strength to just skip that part and continue reading from the next section one day.
GZJetP5.pngp0ktFPn.png1cqnXuZ.png6PSSZLJ.png
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 86