Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do you think we get less apparel?
1 2 3 4
Yeah, I agree that the slow pace for apparel is probably to help alleviate the Modern release work backlog in order to help release it sooner. I bet the slow pace is probably indicating that they are getting close to the end!
Yeah, I agree that the slow pace for apparel is probably to help alleviate the Modern release work backlog in order to help release it sooner. I bet the slow pace is probably indicating that they are getting close to the end!
63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I also think it’s to make future modern development easier. The current apparel release rate is about 1 piece per update (with the exception of the enhancements) Or a couple pieces like last years notn, so overall the rate has dropped, meaning the rate at which they redraw old pieces won’t be overpowered by the rate at which they produce more. In the long run this will get us a new modern faster, and it’s likely only then will the release rate pick up again

Which I don’t mind - the current apparel selection is fine for me personally - but also I get how you feel. Sometimes I dream of a really good update with a massive amount of exciting apparel…
I also think it’s to make future modern development easier. The current apparel release rate is about 1 piece per update (with the exception of the enhancements) Or a couple pieces like last years notn, so overall the rate has dropped, meaning the rate at which they redraw old pieces won’t be overpowered by the rate at which they produce more. In the long run this will get us a new modern faster, and it’s likely only then will the release rate pick up again

Which I don’t mind - the current apparel selection is fine for me personally - but also I get how you feel. Sometimes I dream of a really good update with a massive amount of exciting apparel…
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
It's definitely to speed up modern breed development. There's been a trend over the past few years towards smaller flourish pieces which I think has two benefits: less backlog to work through when a new breed starts its conception and development, and though players get less full outfits, they have more accent pieces to bring existing outfits together that offer ease of cohesion while being less work to create. We were missing a lot of finer details in apparel, so I'm glad the focus has been more on props and accessories.

I don't think people are quite understanding that the rate of new Ancients is emblematic of what that lack of apparel does for workflow. That apparel backlog isn't getting any smaller even with the infrequent drops so we're going to be seeing this release schedule for many years to come to prevent 6+ year gaps between breeds unless/until the team can afford a beneficial restructuring of how these pipelines are approached. It's unfortunate, but it's just one of those problems you run into when you've been operating a live service model game for over a decade and couldn't have possibly foreseen where your project would end up, and where it'll be in another decade from now.
It's definitely to speed up modern breed development. There's been a trend over the past few years towards smaller flourish pieces which I think has two benefits: less backlog to work through when a new breed starts its conception and development, and though players get less full outfits, they have more accent pieces to bring existing outfits together that offer ease of cohesion while being less work to create. We were missing a lot of finer details in apparel, so I'm glad the focus has been more on props and accessories.

I don't think people are quite understanding that the rate of new Ancients is emblematic of what that lack of apparel does for workflow. That apparel backlog isn't getting any smaller even with the infrequent drops so we're going to be seeing this release schedule for many years to come to prevent 6+ year gaps between breeds unless/until the team can afford a beneficial restructuring of how these pipelines are approached. It's unfortunate, but it's just one of those problems you run into when you've been operating a live service model game for over a decade and couldn't have possibly foreseen where your project would end up, and where it'll be in another decade from now.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
There are soooo many cool options for apparel still, maybe it has something to do with a specific schedule and workflow, but I hope we keep getting more apparel, particularly work-related stuff.
There are soooo many cool options for apparel still, maybe it has something to do with a specific schedule and workflow, but I hope we keep getting more apparel, particularly work-related stuff.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
yeah work on the new modern impacting things does make a lot of sense, it doesn't entirely explain why other content is still taking a backseat but we were told about why site lore has been having issues so it might be a similar case. honestly i have started to resent ancients a bit because it is an easy scapegoat but when we're missing information its not that far of a reach to think ancients have taken priority. im of the mind that we should get less sneak peaks at future content unless its nearly done or complete but maybe a small peak behind the curtain might help? there is a wedge between people who like moderns and people who like ancients and people like me who do actually like a lot of the breeds but just can't handle the pace they're released at (and i have my own restrictions in place on my lair that make it difficult to own them). maybe its time to acknowledge the flight rising i enjoy has passed and i should take the site at my own pace. we do have a lot of apparel already, i just wish we could get more practical pieces but the site leans more towards fantasy and armor so that's my own issue again.
yeah work on the new modern impacting things does make a lot of sense, it doesn't entirely explain why other content is still taking a backseat but we were told about why site lore has been having issues so it might be a similar case. honestly i have started to resent ancients a bit because it is an easy scapegoat but when we're missing information its not that far of a reach to think ancients have taken priority. im of the mind that we should get less sneak peaks at future content unless its nearly done or complete but maybe a small peak behind the curtain might help? there is a wedge between people who like moderns and people who like ancients and people like me who do actually like a lot of the breeds but just can't handle the pace they're released at (and i have my own restrictions in place on my lair that make it difficult to own them). maybe its time to acknowledge the flight rising i enjoy has passed and i should take the site at my own pace. we do have a lot of apparel already, i just wish we could get more practical pieces but the site leans more towards fantasy and armor so that's my own issue again.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
I really want some simple style apparel, not only armour, weapon and festival, I mean the cook one only came to existence in this year February
I really want some simple style apparel, not only armour, weapon and festival, I mean the cook one only came to existence in this year February
the majority of my dragons are either un-dressed or minorly dressed and honestly I'm fine with that because I spent so much geneing them up I want people to SEE them, but I do feel that's in part to a lot of apparel fitting a certain vibe that a lot of my dragons just don't have.
I don't have a clan full of gritty warrior types or medieval peddlers or silk-clad goddesses or anything like that so I have no need for armor or silks or renaissance apparel, I just wish we had regular plain pants, or hoodies, or casual jackets, or heck I'd be foaming at the MOUTH for punk apparel. let my dragons be casual!!
the majority of my dragons are either un-dressed or minorly dressed and honestly I'm fine with that because I spent so much geneing them up I want people to SEE them, but I do feel that's in part to a lot of apparel fitting a certain vibe that a lot of my dragons just don't have.
I don't have a clan full of gritty warrior types or medieval peddlers or silk-clad goddesses or anything like that so I have no need for armor or silks or renaissance apparel, I just wish we had regular plain pants, or hoodies, or casual jackets, or heck I'd be foaming at the MOUTH for punk apparel. let my dragons be casual!!
I think it's because potential modern. Each new apparel made new modern harder to create so they focus on the ancients now. Plus here is already a lot of apparel and it's harder to create something isn't already exist.
I think it's very practical choice then making apparel as usual but make moderns even MORE rarely. Plus, personally I like ancients
I think it's because potential modern. Each new apparel made new modern harder to create so they focus on the ancients now. Plus here is already a lot of apparel and it's harder to create something isn't already exist.
I think it's very practical choice then making apparel as usual but make moderns even MORE rarely. Plus, personally I like ancients
TIDLPGi.png

he/him | FR+4
Skin shop

Man, it could truly be any number of things but I'm really hoping that the next Modern is gonna be pushed out a bit faster as a result and we can get a trickle more apparel than we currently do after that. It really does feel like Ancients get a lot of favouritism over Moderns - I understand why logically and logistically, and that it's not true favouritism, but it sure does feel like it from the side of a player who isn't super into Ancients.
Man, it could truly be any number of things but I'm really hoping that the next Modern is gonna be pushed out a bit faster as a result and we can get a trickle more apparel than we currently do after that. It really does feel like Ancients get a lot of favouritism over Moderns - I understand why logically and logistically, and that it's not true favouritism, but it sure does feel like it from the side of a player who isn't super into Ancients.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
definitely related to modern development. and i'm fine with that. we already have loads of apparel; i'm ok with only getting a few new sets a year and some small, easy-to-redraw accessories.

i do miss getting lots of sets with a bunch of recolors on the regular, but we have enough now that i think new breed development is way more important.
definitely related to modern development. and i'm fine with that. we already have loads of apparel; i'm ok with only getting a few new sets a year and some small, easy-to-redraw accessories.

i do miss getting lots of sets with a bunch of recolors on the regular, but we have enough now that i think new breed development is way more important.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
1 2 3 4