Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Songs of the Sea!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25
@Accal1a
omg someone else who likes the places you have come to fear the most! i almost listed this as one of mine! title track is my favorite
@Accal1a
omg someone else who likes the places you have come to fear the most! i almost listed this as one of mine! title track is my favorite
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
Sorry I kinda disappeared for a few days, but I've updated the spreadsheet to here now!
Sorry I kinda disappeared for a few days, but I've updated the spreadsheet to here now!
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
Username: Fragariavesca
ID: 469955
Album 1 (Name and Band): 41, by The Cosmonaut Cassettes
Album 1 (Genre(s)): I don't know genres. It's got lyrics and guitar and other things? And it's recorded on cassettes.
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): (optional, but recommended!) It's not filk afaik but if you like filk you might like this? It's about astronauts in the far future and leaving the planet behind. I think.
Lyrics are on bandcamp for those who enjoy reading along to songs!
Username: Fragariavesca
ID: 469955
Album 1 (Name and Band): 41, by The Cosmonaut Cassettes
Album 1 (Genre(s)): I don't know genres. It's got lyrics and guitar and other things? And it's recorded on cassettes.
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): (optional, but recommended!) It's not filk afaik but if you like filk you might like this? It's about astronauts in the far future and leaving the planet behind. I think.
Lyrics are on bandcamp for those who enjoy reading along to songs!
dNCLmdm.png jt3PpxV.png
Sorry for posting so late! I kept procrastinating because I couldn't figure out which albums I wanted to choose '^^

Username: MerlinMausi
ID: 378257

Album 1 (Name and Band): Naked by chanmina
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I fell in love with Chanmina's music after watching the music video for Bijin, I hope others will feel the same :)
Favorite songs: bijin, mirror

Album 2 (Name and Band): new world alphabet by ubiquitous synergy seekers
Album 2 (Genre(s)): actually not sure what to classify it as
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): One of their shorter albums with under 30 minutes, perfect if you're looking to listen to something in-between!
Favorite songs: work shoes, domino (my favorite song from them overall is anti-venom, i recommend you give it a listen if you like the album :) )

Album 3 (Name and Band): Battle Rock 2 by All good things
Album 3 (Genre(s)): rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Battle style rock music, I feel like I'm fighting a boss battle in a video game whenever I listen to it lol
Favorite songs: i am the enemy, the reaper
Sorry for posting so late! I kept procrastinating because I couldn't figure out which albums I wanted to choose '^^

Username: MerlinMausi
ID: 378257

Album 1 (Name and Band): Naked by chanmina
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I fell in love with Chanmina's music after watching the music video for Bijin, I hope others will feel the same :)
Favorite songs: bijin, mirror

Album 2 (Name and Band): new world alphabet by ubiquitous synergy seekers
Album 2 (Genre(s)): actually not sure what to classify it as
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): One of their shorter albums with under 30 minutes, perfect if you're looking to listen to something in-between!
Favorite songs: work shoes, domino (my favorite song from them overall is anti-venom, i recommend you give it a listen if you like the album :) )

Album 3 (Name and Band): Battle Rock 2 by All good things
Album 3 (Genre(s)): rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Battle style rock music, I feel like I'm fighting a boss battle in a video game whenever I listen to it lol
Favorite songs: i am the enemy, the reaper
z59oZrZ.png
Hope it's alright to still post so late, I missed this event on my first reading of the DomWatch post!

Username: dracosauria
ID: 445899

Album 1 (Name and Band): Violator (1990) - Depeche Mode
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Gothic Rock, New Wave, Synth-pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I love Depeche Mode and this is my no-skip album of theirs ft. some of their biggest hits. Listening to the whole thing through is an Experience that I hope you'll enjoy as much as I do. My favorites are World in my Eyes, Personal Jesus, and Policy of Truth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Ibn El Leil (2015) - Mashrou' Leila
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock, Lebanese pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Oof this album can and will make you cry. I highly recommend looking up the lyrics if you do not speak Arabic, as they are just incredibly poetic and allegorical, and give much-needed context. My favorites are Kalam, Tayf, and Ashabi.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Songs in the Key of Life (1976) - Stevie Wonder
Album 3 (Genre(s)): R&B, Soul
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I truly think this is the album of all time, it's just masterfully crafted as a complete musical piece with how well the songs flow into each other. Extremely uplifting album that always makes me feel better about the world. My favorites are Sir Duke, Pastime Paradise, and As.
Hope it's alright to still post so late, I missed this event on my first reading of the DomWatch post!

Username: dracosauria
ID: 445899

Album 1 (Name and Band): Violator (1990) - Depeche Mode
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Gothic Rock, New Wave, Synth-pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I love Depeche Mode and this is my no-skip album of theirs ft. some of their biggest hits. Listening to the whole thing through is an Experience that I hope you'll enjoy as much as I do. My favorites are World in my Eyes, Personal Jesus, and Policy of Truth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Ibn El Leil (2015) - Mashrou' Leila
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock, Lebanese pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Oof this album can and will make you cry. I highly recommend looking up the lyrics if you do not speak Arabic, as they are just incredibly poetic and allegorical, and give much-needed context. My favorites are Kalam, Tayf, and Ashabi.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Songs in the Key of Life (1976) - Stevie Wonder
Album 3 (Genre(s)): R&B, Soul
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I truly think this is the album of all time, it's just masterfully crafted as a complete musical piece with how well the songs flow into each other. Extremely uplifting album that always makes me feel better about the world. My favorites are Sir Duke, Pastime Paradise, and As.
ePOliyb.png
5iXiC8z.png
XcoCtCD.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Animated Pixel Drake Statues by vehemourn

I'VE FINALLY DECIDED ON MY ALBUMS only took me a full week lmao
feel free to cut my thoughts short bc brevity is sth I am simply not capable of

Username: Beatoriche
ID: 89669

Album 1 (Name and Band): Everything In Transit - Jack's Mannequin
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Piano Rock, Alternative Rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I've always thought that if summer were an album, it'd be this. I've never been to the US, let alone Southern California, but EIT exudes it from every pore, not just in lyrics but in vibe as well--which I can't personally confirm but I've seen it said over and over by people who have been there.

There's also a bunch of lyrical dissonance on certain tracks which I'm always a fan of, though it's far more heavily present on the second album, as Andrew McMahon (who essentially is the entire band) was diagnosed with leukemia right when this album got wrapped, so the second one has a lot of upbeat melodies where when you actually pay closer attention to the lyrics it's quite dark (he got a bone marrow transplant from his sister and is fine now, but obv that was a rough time). It's an album that will always make me smile and sing along at the top of my lungs. Not sorry, neighbours.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Industrial Rock, Electro-Industrial
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Oh man, this one's a rabbithole. It's a concept album, and there was an entire, extremely elaborate ARG that preceded it, and the world and lore this album takes place in is so fascinating that Trent was in talks with HBO to make it into an actual series at one point, though from what I can gather that got stuck in Development Hell (Trent being a perfectionist control freak quite possibly had sth to do with that).

You don't need to know anything about the universe that was created beyond that it's dystopian (which... is obvious by the music itself), but it definitely adds more layers to it. Though if anything I'd listen to it blind first, and then if you're interested you can always look up more things about the ARG, since it's well-documented on the NIN wiki. A warning though that a bunch of stuff it goes into is definite NSFW territory--but then NIN in general is pretty NSFW, so /shrug (iirc there's no NSFW visuals, though, just textual descriptions, but wanted to give a fair warning anyway)

Album 3 (Name and Band): I Am The Movie - Motion City Soundtrack
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop Punk, Power Pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Lyrics about mental illness set to catchy upbeat music, hellyes! Modern Chemistry cuts deep. There's also wonderful emotional whiplash on there; like going from the aforementioned song to Capital H--sing along with the rambled spoken word verse without tripping up, I dare you. There's something weirdly soothing about this album to me, a kind of 'yeah, mood lol' type of thing. Great band.
I'VE FINALLY DECIDED ON MY ALBUMS only took me a full week lmao
feel free to cut my thoughts short bc brevity is sth I am simply not capable of

Username: Beatoriche
ID: 89669

Album 1 (Name and Band): Everything In Transit - Jack's Mannequin
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Piano Rock, Alternative Rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I've always thought that if summer were an album, it'd be this. I've never been to the US, let alone Southern California, but EIT exudes it from every pore, not just in lyrics but in vibe as well--which I can't personally confirm but I've seen it said over and over by people who have been there.

There's also a bunch of lyrical dissonance on certain tracks which I'm always a fan of, though it's far more heavily present on the second album, as Andrew McMahon (who essentially is the entire band) was diagnosed with leukemia right when this album got wrapped, so the second one has a lot of upbeat melodies where when you actually pay closer attention to the lyrics it's quite dark (he got a bone marrow transplant from his sister and is fine now, but obv that was a rough time). It's an album that will always make me smile and sing along at the top of my lungs. Not sorry, neighbours.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Industrial Rock, Electro-Industrial
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Oh man, this one's a rabbithole. It's a concept album, and there was an entire, extremely elaborate ARG that preceded it, and the world and lore this album takes place in is so fascinating that Trent was in talks with HBO to make it into an actual series at one point, though from what I can gather that got stuck in Development Hell (Trent being a perfectionist control freak quite possibly had sth to do with that).

You don't need to know anything about the universe that was created beyond that it's dystopian (which... is obvious by the music itself), but it definitely adds more layers to it. Though if anything I'd listen to it blind first, and then if you're interested you can always look up more things about the ARG, since it's well-documented on the NIN wiki. A warning though that a bunch of stuff it goes into is definite NSFW territory--but then NIN in general is pretty NSFW, so /shrug (iirc there's no NSFW visuals, though, just textual descriptions, but wanted to give a fair warning anyway)

Album 3 (Name and Band): I Am The Movie - Motion City Soundtrack
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop Punk, Power Pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Lyrics about mental illness set to catchy upbeat music, hellyes! Modern Chemistry cuts deep. There's also wonderful emotional whiplash on there; like going from the aforementioned song to Capital H--sing along with the rambled spoken word verse without tripping up, I dare you. There's something weirdly soothing about this album to me, a kind of 'yeah, mood lol' type of thing. Great band.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
slightly late to this but its fiiiine :P

Username: Yellllowstar
ID: 574596
Album 1 (Name and Band): KABOOM! - I Fight Dragons
Album 1 (Genre(s)): uhhhh. rock, slightly pixely? i think ive seen them described as "nerd rock"? its like rock but with some chiptune elements i think.
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): not 100% sure what my favorite song on this one is, i like a lot of them. i think the best one for beginners to IFD in general though is The Geeks Will Inherit the Earth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): View-Monster - Lemon Demon
Album 2 (Genre(s)): um. uh. according to wikipedia, "Pop rock, alternative rock, synth-pop, synth punk, new wave, geek rock"
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): i think a lot of people have listened to lemon demon at this point, but im hoping since its not spirit phone that maybe theres more people who havent listened to it yet :P personally my favorites are The Ocean (water flight moment) and Sundial.

admittedly i havent listened to all the songs on this album but ignore that. listen i just really wanted to include a lemon demon album its not my fault that i dont listen to albums much :eyeroll:

wish i could add one more but. yeah i dont really listen to albums much....
slightly late to this but its fiiiine :P

Username: Yellllowstar
ID: 574596
Album 1 (Name and Band): KABOOM! - I Fight Dragons
Album 1 (Genre(s)): uhhhh. rock, slightly pixely? i think ive seen them described as "nerd rock"? its like rock but with some chiptune elements i think.
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): not 100% sure what my favorite song on this one is, i like a lot of them. i think the best one for beginners to IFD in general though is The Geeks Will Inherit the Earth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): View-Monster - Lemon Demon
Album 2 (Genre(s)): um. uh. according to wikipedia, "Pop rock, alternative rock, synth-pop, synth punk, new wave, geek rock"
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): i think a lot of people have listened to lemon demon at this point, but im hoping since its not spirit phone that maybe theres more people who havent listened to it yet :P personally my favorites are The Ocean (water flight moment) and Sundial.

admittedly i havent listened to all the songs on this album but ignore that. listen i just really wanted to include a lemon demon album its not my fault that i dont listen to albums much :eyeroll:

wish i could add one more but. yeah i dont really listen to albums much....
qxoPK8f.png
__

Ujr5ghr.png

TdTJOrw.png

YMPbu9R.png
___
A large eyed creature with headphones. Raindbow coloured musical notes hover all around it.
coming here before i have to hit the coli grind to claim ZephyrNonsense album Adventure by Madeon.

shaking everyones hands that will be listening to their album while leveling fodder for earth dom
coming here before i have to hit the coli grind to claim ZephyrNonsense album Adventure by Madeon.

shaking everyones hands that will be listening to their album while leveling fodder for earth dom
@merlinmausi oh my god, USS mentioned!! I love their stuff sm, think I listened to their entire discography more times than i can count jksdhf
I think my fav song of theirs might just be Man Makes The Zoo ^_^
@merlinmausi oh my god, USS mentioned!! I love their stuff sm, think I listened to their entire discography more times than i can count jksdhf
I think my fav song of theirs might just be Man Makes The Zoo ^_^
xxx wethorse.png xxxxxxxxxx
[ they/them | FRT+9 ]

WMIg6Ah.png
xxxxxxxxxxx
T9tnsN1.png
xxx
@CosmicHurricane Claiming Ayreon's ‎'01011001' as suggested by Tserin!

Also maybe feedback for future iterations of this (which I hope there will be): have the person listing their albums link to a song from the album that they feel gives a good first impression of the album? Not intended to actually listen all the way through, more like a general 'checking if this vibes with you'.

And on the spreadsheet you could have a link to their post with their optional personal thoughts on the album? I found it rather difficult to decide and in the end it was purely the interesting title (plus vaguely the genres) that led me to googling the album, picking the first song, listening to a few bits throughout and deciding that yeah, this gives me Apocalyptica vibes, I'll claim this.

Just well-intentioned feedback, for the first iteration of an original event like this I think it's really impressive how well-organised it is!
@CosmicHurricane Claiming Ayreon's ‎'01011001' as suggested by Tserin!

Also maybe feedback for future iterations of this (which I hope there will be): have the person listing their albums link to a song from the album that they feel gives a good first impression of the album? Not intended to actually listen all the way through, more like a general 'checking if this vibes with you'.

And on the spreadsheet you could have a link to their post with their optional personal thoughts on the album? I found it rather difficult to decide and in the end it was purely the interesting title (plus vaguely the genres) that led me to googling the album, picking the first song, listening to a few bits throughout and deciding that yeah, this gives me Apocalyptica vibes, I'll claim this.

Just well-intentioned feedback, for the first iteration of an original event like this I think it's really impressive how well-organised it is!
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25