Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 126 127
[quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:29:07" ] [quote name="natsinabucket" date="2024-04-18 11:58:50" ] [quote name="B00KW0RM" date="2024-04-18 11:41:21" ] To everyone who says "I don't know who else to vote for": There are 24 of us, including the mod. And no elim gives 25 voting options besides straight up not voting. Go find someone else to be sus of. Voting for Raccoon just because the majority are or Tangle is (I know you're thinking that lol) doesn't mean you should to. Sorry about the little rant, sheeping is my pet peeve in these games if you can't tell. [/quote] this feels slightly disingenuous. like yes sheeping bad, but "there are 24 of us" is not an accurate representation of what it means to vote for a candidate whose flip could be red or would actually say something valuable. many of those 24 have only spoken between one and three times and we're 6 hours from eod. pivoting IS hard. if we were voting randomly, yeah there are 24 of us. not how it goes tho. that being said, i'd love to get peoples' thoughts on the potential of a no elim vote if we keep feeling conflicted, and if raccoon makes a convincing claim. i think that's a very viable path considering we have to be extra cautious of elims in this game with the lovers mechanic. [/quote] Normally I'm pro d1 elim but yeah with the lovers. There's a point there. I wouldn't like to elim someone who's been doing good just on accident [/quote] I guess, hmm, if we end up picking one of the quieter people and their lover is active in the chat. Please speak up, I wouldn't want to eliminate someone who's been contributing stuff just by accident. I'm not gonna go no elim unless I truly don't think there are any non-bad options.
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:29:07:
natsinabucket wrote on 2024-04-18 11:58:50:
B00KW0RM wrote on 2024-04-18 11:41:21:
To everyone who says "I don't know who else to vote for": There are 24 of us, including the mod. And no elim gives 25 voting options besides straight up not voting. Go find someone else to be sus of. Voting for Raccoon just because the majority are or Tangle is (I know you're thinking that lol) doesn't mean you should to. Sorry about the little rant, sheeping is my pet peeve in these games if you can't tell.
this feels slightly disingenuous. like yes sheeping bad, but "there are 24 of us" is not an accurate representation of what it means to vote for a candidate whose flip could be red or would actually say something valuable. many of those 24 have only spoken between one and three times and we're 6 hours from eod. pivoting IS hard. if we were voting randomly, yeah there are 24 of us. not how it goes tho.

that being said, i'd love to get peoples' thoughts on the potential of a no elim vote if we keep feeling conflicted, and if raccoon makes a convincing claim. i think that's a very viable path considering we have to be extra cautious of elims in this game with the lovers mechanic.

Normally I'm pro d1 elim but yeah with the lovers. There's a point there. I wouldn't like to elim someone who's been doing good just on accident

I guess, hmm, if we end up picking one of the quieter people and their lover is active in the chat. Please speak up, I wouldn't want to eliminate someone who's been contributing stuff just by accident. I'm not gonna go no elim unless I truly don't think there are any non-bad options.
That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own
@ArtMajor I was asleep for a lot of that time and the time I wasn't, I was busy with other things and trying to catch up. I don't really have fully updated thoughts atm because I skimmed the thread without taking notes and I have to go in a bit. I can give you a wip vibe/readlist, but it's not much at the moment.

3 ppl you feel good about

I'll get back to you on that.

3 you wanna look at (a bit outdated because my reasoning has to do with the mod elim conversation, but that gives me a reason to look into them more when I have the time)

Syl
Spider

Spider’s reply here came across as a bit hedgy to me, and Syl’s gave me an odd vibe.

Potato Was originally on here, but crossed it off to let her prove herself.
@ArtMajor I was asleep for a lot of that time and the time I wasn't, I was busy with other things and trying to catch up. I don't really have fully updated thoughts atm because I skimmed the thread without taking notes and I have to go in a bit. I can give you a wip vibe/readlist, but it's not much at the moment.

3 ppl you feel good about

I'll get back to you on that.

3 you wanna look at (a bit outdated because my reasoning has to do with the mod elim conversation, but that gives me a reason to look into them more when I have the time)

Syl
Spider

Spider’s reply here came across as a bit hedgy to me, and Syl’s gave me an odd vibe.

Potato Was originally on here, but crossed it off to let her prove herself.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] @CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can?
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:35:33:

@CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can?
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2024-04-18 11:58:50" ] [quote name="B00KW0RM" date="2024-04-18 11:41:21" ] To everyone who says "I don't know who else to vote for": There are 24 of us, including the mod. And no elim gives 25 voting options besides straight up not voting. Go find someone else to be sus of. Voting for Raccoon just because the majority are or Tangle is (I know you're thinking that lol) doesn't mean you should to. Sorry about the little rant, sheeping is my pet peeve in these games if you can't tell. [/quote] this feels slightly disingenuous. like yes sheeping bad, but "there are 24 of us" is not an accurate representation of what it means to vote for a candidate whose flip could be red or would actually say something valuable. many of those 24 have only spoken between one and three times and we're 6 hours from eod. pivoting IS hard. if we were voting randomly, yeah there are 24 of us. not how it goes tho. that being said, i'd love to get peoples' thoughts on the potential of a no elim vote if we keep feeling conflicted, and if raccoon makes a convincing claim. i think that's a very viable path considering we have to be extra cautious of elims in this game with the lovers mechanic. [/quote] That part was responding to a few people who seemed to be floundering because they didn't want to vote syl, Potato, or Shiny, and either didn't want to hop on the Raccoon train or did it just because it was there. I have one post in mind in particular but I can't it now (gee, I wonder why?), and I don't remember who said it. It seems like people are okay with voting Raccoon for no good reason (i.e. because everyone else is) and not considering anyone else. I'm just trying to point out the voting pool isn't limited to four people.
natsinabucket wrote on 2024-04-18 11:58:50:
B00KW0RM wrote on 2024-04-18 11:41:21:
To everyone who says "I don't know who else to vote for": There are 24 of us, including the mod. And no elim gives 25 voting options besides straight up not voting. Go find someone else to be sus of. Voting for Raccoon just because the majority are or Tangle is (I know you're thinking that lol) doesn't mean you should to. Sorry about the little rant, sheeping is my pet peeve in these games if you can't tell.
this feels slightly disingenuous. like yes sheeping bad, but "there are 24 of us" is not an accurate representation of what it means to vote for a candidate whose flip could be red or would actually say something valuable. many of those 24 have only spoken between one and three times and we're 6 hours from eod. pivoting IS hard. if we were voting randomly, yeah there are 24 of us. not how it goes tho.

that being said, i'd love to get peoples' thoughts on the potential of a no elim vote if we keep feeling conflicted, and if raccoon makes a convincing claim. i think that's a very viable path considering we have to be extra cautious of elims in this game with the lovers mechanic.

That part was responding to a few people who seemed to be floundering because they didn't want to vote syl, Potato, or Shiny, and either didn't want to hop on the Raccoon train or did it just because it was there. I have one post in mind in particular but I can't it now (gee, I wonder why?), and I don't remember who said it. It seems like people are okay with voting Raccoon for no good reason (i.e. because everyone else is) and not considering anyone else. I'm just trying to point out the voting pool isn't limited to four people.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
[quote name="@softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:38:02" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] @/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can? [/quote] I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours
@softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:38:02:

@/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can?

I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
[quote name="@CaptainTsundere" date="2024-04-18 13:02:53" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:38:02" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] @/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can? [/quote] I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours [/quote] Can you share some commentary on just what you've seen so far? Even if you think you might change your mind later, heck if I haven't changed my mind a hundred times in mafia games
@CaptainTsundere wrote on 2024-04-18 13:02:53:
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:38:02:

@/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can?

I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours

Can you share some commentary on just what you've seen so far? Even if you think you might change your mind later, heck if I haven't changed my mind a hundred times in mafia games
Alright, back for a few hours before my exam. I don't have too much new stuff to say, and don't think I'll be changing my vote at this point, so I'll just respond to the couple pokes coming my way. [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-04-18 11:56:29" ] I don't know? Like I know I'm still getting sus vibes from Spider bc they kinda just. Dipped. But I'm still looking through the player list. Tbh if I'm voting an inactive I might just roll a dice bc that'll get about the same result as doing it logically [/quote] Is there something you want me to address in particular? I felt like I explained my vote pretty well so took a break to do some other stuff. Actually for that matter, I've made it pretty clear I'm voting Raccoon for my own reasons that aren't directly tied to just "being defensive" (nothing wrong with defending yourself, obvs, I just didn't find it convincing enough to switch over to anyone else) nor am I following Tangle's vote exactly. If I'd liked your initial defense, I wouldn't have followed Tangle cause town or not I know they can be wrong. [rule] [quote name="EmbertheSkywing" date="2024-04-18 12:36:49" ] Spider’s reply here came across as a bit hedgy to me, and Syl’s gave me an odd vibe. [/quote] My intro post? Which part is hedgy exactly? I'm just answering the icebreaker questions there. I guess maybe my modelim stance is a lil shaky but I'm not the only one to say similar things (ie. not looking for modelim unless we have no other options) [rule] I also wanna say just for the record that I don't think voting no elim is a good idea. We have so many players that not whittling down the list (aside from maf kills) is likely just gonna leave us with similar candidates and the same problem tomorrow. Since maf is unlikely to use their night kill on someone we're thinking of voting off anyway.
Alright, back for a few hours before my exam. I don't have too much new stuff to say, and don't think I'll be changing my vote at this point, so I'll just respond to the couple pokes coming my way.
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-04-18 11:56:29:
I don't know? Like I know I'm still getting sus vibes from Spider bc they kinda just. Dipped. But I'm still looking through the player list. Tbh if I'm voting an inactive I might just roll a dice bc that'll get about the same result as doing it logically

Is there something you want me to address in particular? I felt like I explained my vote pretty well so took a break to do some other stuff.

Actually for that matter, I've made it pretty clear I'm voting Raccoon for my own reasons that aren't directly tied to just "being defensive" (nothing wrong with defending yourself, obvs, I just didn't find it convincing enough to switch over to anyone else) nor am I following Tangle's vote exactly. If I'd liked your initial defense, I wouldn't have followed Tangle cause town or not I know they can be wrong.

EmbertheSkywing wrote on 2024-04-18 12:36:49:

My intro post? Which part is hedgy exactly? I'm just answering the icebreaker questions there. I guess maybe my modelim stance is a lil shaky but I'm not the only one to say similar things (ie. not looking for modelim unless we have no other options)

I also wanna say just for the record that I don't think voting no elim is a good idea. We have so many players that not whittling down the list (aside from maf kills) is likely just gonna leave us with similar candidates and the same problem tomorrow. Since maf is unlikely to use their night kill on someone we're thinking of voting off anyway.
ca4nyRv.png
YE53boy.png
gzlHZ53.png
DxCICZ1.png
LohCDcp.png v886aA7.png UYXZLyE.png
iJZWqi6.png

uPNWHgD.png
KRcB6uC.png
SK9eeYM.png
[quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] Oh and Syl's vote on Cap is kinda interesting I guess since Cap's made it pretty clear his inactivity is just due to not being caught up. And also idk how impactful a pressure vote is at this point cause it's not gonna actually put him in any real danger? So it's not a particular risk for either you or them. Not really anything to squint at, but just curious why Cap over any of the other inactive ppl. Random pick, or do you have another reason?

Oh and Syl's vote on Cap is kinda interesting I guess since Cap's made it pretty clear his inactivity is just due to not being caught up. And also idk how impactful a pressure vote is at this point cause it's not gonna actually put him in any real danger? So it's not a particular risk for either you or them.

Not really anything to squint at, but just curious why Cap over any of the other inactive ppl. Random pick, or do you have another reason?
ca4nyRv.png
YE53boy.png
gzlHZ53.png
DxCICZ1.png
LohCDcp.png v886aA7.png UYXZLyE.png
iJZWqi6.png

uPNWHgD.png
KRcB6uC.png
SK9eeYM.png
[quote name="@SpiderQueen8" date="2024-04-18 13:21:39" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] Oh and Syl's vote on Cap is kinda interesting I guess since Cap's made it pretty clear his inactivity is just due to not being caught up. And also idk how impactful a pressure vote is at this point cause it's not gonna actually put him in any real danger? So it's not a particular risk for either you or them. Not really anything to squint at, but just curious why Cap over any of the other inactive ppl. Random pick, or do you have another reason? [/quote] Occasionally people who are in constant catchup are actually anxious mafia. I'm very sympathetic to the situation, but I was hoping to at least get some live commentary (something I typically do during catchup, as a way of displaying my thought process, showing where I am in the thread, and showing that I'm doing my best to be active despite being behind).
@SpiderQueen8 wrote on 2024-04-18 13:21:39:

Oh and Syl's vote on Cap is kinda interesting I guess since Cap's made it pretty clear his inactivity is just due to not being caught up. And also idk how impactful a pressure vote is at this point cause it's not gonna actually put him in any real danger? So it's not a particular risk for either you or them.

Not really anything to squint at, but just curious why Cap over any of the other inactive ppl. Random pick, or do you have another reason?

Occasionally people who are in constant catchup are actually anxious mafia. I'm very sympathetic to the situation, but I was hoping to at least get some live commentary (something I typically do during catchup, as a way of displaying my thought process, showing where I am in the thread, and showing that I'm doing my best to be active despite being behind).
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 126 127