Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you want from future breeds?
1 2 3 4 5
I've got a thread where I am sketching some breed suggestions - I might take inspiration from here if that is ok! Or you can comment your ideas <3

I'd love to see a bipedal dragon and/or a breed with a long snout. A proper long snout. We have so many breeds with pug faces.

As others have said - I want a breed that explores a secondary gene that isn't wings! No wings! Get rid of them! I want to see something else!
I've got a thread where I am sketching some breed suggestions - I might take inspiration from here if that is ok! Or you can comment your ideas <3

I'd love to see a bipedal dragon and/or a breed with a long snout. A proper long snout. We have so many breeds with pug faces.

As others have said - I want a breed that explores a secondary gene that isn't wings! No wings! Get rid of them! I want to see something else!
Slight-Eyewing.png __
they / he +2hr

xjB7OSe.png
mAiCJNJ.png
__ __ TVPeCAO.png __ Enchanted-Libra.png
An ancient that's centaur-like. Not with a human torso, of course, but a dragon on a dragon. Maybe hooves? Maybe no wings (too busy), separate the "two" bodies between primary and secondary. A bit like Palkia's Origin form!

A BIRD, YES A BIRD! I'm seconding this so much. Give me a dragon covered in feathers, a bipedal dragon with a beak, with teeth, give me that feathery dinosaur. I'm reaaaaaaally hoping that Wind gets a bird-like ancient at this point.

I love the manta idea here, but I'd love something like a whale? Undertides are amazing, but I need some huge marine dragons.
An ancient that's centaur-like. Not with a human torso, of course, but a dragon on a dragon. Maybe hooves? Maybe no wings (too busy), separate the "two" bodies between primary and secondary. A bit like Palkia's Origin form!

A BIRD, YES A BIRD! I'm seconding this so much. Give me a dragon covered in feathers, a bipedal dragon with a beak, with teeth, give me that feathery dinosaur. I'm reaaaaaaally hoping that Wind gets a bird-like ancient at this point.

I love the manta idea here, but I'd love something like a whale? Undertides are amazing, but I need some huge marine dragons.
85dv.png
I would love a turtle
I would love a turtle
Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
Flat dragons. Like manta rays, flying snakes, the Surinam Toad, some sea turtles if you squint, the hellbender kinda.
I want a dragon shaped like piece of paper.
Flat dragons. Like manta rays, flying snakes, the Surinam Toad, some sea turtles if you squint, the hellbender kinda.
I want a dragon shaped like piece of paper.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
Snail. Would love it!
Snail. Would love it!
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
A dragon with more than 2 (non-insect) wings. I hope the Wind ancient will.
A dragon with more than 2 (non-insect) wings. I hope the Wind ancient will.
m87ieVe.png
Something super weird and confusing. Imagine if there was some kind of double-ended breed like this. I want to see it push the limits of what can be considered a dragon. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Double_headed_turquoise_serpentAztecbritish_museum.jpg[/img]
Something super weird and confusing. Imagine if there was some kind of double-ended breed like this. I want to see it push the limits of what can be considered a dragon.

Double_headed_turquoise_serpentAztecbritish_museum.jpg
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
awUnQ0L.png
TdTJOrw.png
3M48cU6.png
:
:
:
:
:
:
NEW-SIGNATURE.png
I've always wanted a dragon with an uneven amount of limbs, like three legs or five wings. or a dragon with one eye.
I've always wanted a dragon with an uneven amount of limbs, like three legs or five wings. or a dragon with one eye.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[quote name="TarbaYelemel" date="2024-04-18 08:49:50" ] An ancient that's centaur-like. Not with a human torso, of course, but a dragon on a dragon. Maybe hooves? Maybe no wings (too busy), separate the "two" bodies between primary and secondary. A bit like Palkia's Origin form! [/quote] not exactly what you mean but i personally think there's a cool sort of "centaur effect" to a dragon that wingwalks while holding it's front legs like arms! really quick mockup: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7d19b1a96f411c82ff376aad694cd40d/70d52a7c824edfaf-1d/s2048x3072/042739a8e2e17452d7f0099782117e40357fd1ce.png[/img]
TarbaYelemel wrote on 2024-04-18 08:49:50:

not exactly what you mean but i personally think there's a cool sort of "centaur effect" to a dragon that wingwalks while holding it's front legs like arms! really quick mockup:

042739a8e2e17452d7f0099782117e40357fd1ce.png
ddf14fccc180097144f291655e5a96883a004a4f.png
I personally want to see a Modern breed that fills a similar niche to Imperials. Not the same, of course, but something with a similarly simple, traditional dragon style silhouette that gives off the same sort of elegant and regal vibes.
I think it's a shame that the dragons that scream 'dragon' the most in my eyes are Imperials (which are unscrollable), Guardians (which aren't quite as elegant) and Sandsurges/Banescales (which are both Ancients)

Either that, or something that is similar to those traditional, long muzzled cartoon dragons you see in fairytale illustrations. The ones that have that sort of mischievous, elegant and playful design.

But in general, I really want to see either or for Moderns, because I think a more 'boring' dragon design suits Moderns pretty well and we could do with something to provide G1 players a similar sort of niche to Imperials.
I personally want to see a Modern breed that fills a similar niche to Imperials. Not the same, of course, but something with a similarly simple, traditional dragon style silhouette that gives off the same sort of elegant and regal vibes.
I think it's a shame that the dragons that scream 'dragon' the most in my eyes are Imperials (which are unscrollable), Guardians (which aren't quite as elegant) and Sandsurges/Banescales (which are both Ancients)

Either that, or something that is similar to those traditional, long muzzled cartoon dragons you see in fairytale illustrations. The ones that have that sort of mischievous, elegant and playful design.

But in general, I really want to see either or for Moderns, because I think a more 'boring' dragon design suits Moderns pretty well and we could do with something to provide G1 players a similar sort of niche to Imperials.
Mqw5b1R.gif
1 2 3 4 5