Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wind ancient concepts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
think i have a fun idea for wind [img]https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/scifindr/articles/image2s/000/002/707/large/sharovipteryx.jpg[/img]
think i have a fun idea for wind
sharovipteryx.jpg

70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
@SPinosaurid
i had no idea about Sharovipteryx until now!! thank you for showing me :O that's such a fascinating animal to base a dragon off of - especially with how we already have a few dragons with wings extending from their front limbs, it's a neat twist on the existing breeds!
@SPinosaurid
i had no idea about Sharovipteryx until now!! thank you for showing me :O that's such a fascinating animal to base a dragon off of - especially with how we already have a few dragons with wings extending from their front limbs, it's a neat twist on the existing breeds!
they/them
We should get the swiftwings back.
We should get the swiftwings back.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
Ok, hear me out, kite pterodactyls
Ok, hear me out, kite pterodactyls
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
Weird idea, but blimp dragons. Like how Kirby fills up with air to fly, except it uses air sacs (like an air version of a swim bladder) Edit: I forgot that that is literally just birds. Edit 2: Stupid conceptualization of three ideas (one of which being a joke idea) [img]https://i.imgur.com/gxwW70J.jpeg[/img]
Weird idea, but blimp dragons. Like how Kirby fills up with air to fly, except it uses air sacs (like an air version of a swim bladder)

Edit: I forgot that that is literally just birds.

Edit 2: Stupid conceptualization of three ideas (one of which being a joke idea)
gxwW70J.jpeg
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
My favourite idea I’ve seen so far has been a massive manta ray kite dragon, it would be quite different as well to the sky noodle idea and there’s just something about it that I love
My favourite idea I’ve seen so far has been a massive manta ray kite dragon, it would be quite different as well to the sky noodle idea and there’s just something about it that I love
fiFase7.pngOjYCOIV.pngP1rAfwB.pngOjYCOIV.pngfiFase7.png

5bhFa.gif zE939.gif Jx8qB.gif zwJ3u.gif zrsu3.gif 5WR0P.gif sbjbm.gif 5H8sG.gif
I would love a chunky wind dragon for the sake of some variety. Spirals and skydancers are big favourites of mine but we should get one big fat dragon. I'm talking bumblebee vibes. Big gliding kite wings, or small fluttery bug wings, I don't mind.

Maybe a windsocky vibe with the massive gullet of a blue whale.

I had an idea for an Amphisbaena dragon a while back, where the "top" half of the dragon is the primary and the bottom half is secondary, and one head was primary colour and the other was secondary with the two poses having an opposite leading/top head. I would prefer something less noodly than my original proposal in the suggestions forum but a) a wingless dragon with a secondary underbelly and a primary top half (or visa versa), or b) an Amphisbaena with one head at each end, would be an interesting new thing for an ancient.
I would love a chunky wind dragon for the sake of some variety. Spirals and skydancers are big favourites of mine but we should get one big fat dragon. I'm talking bumblebee vibes. Big gliding kite wings, or small fluttery bug wings, I don't mind.

Maybe a windsocky vibe with the massive gullet of a blue whale.

I had an idea for an Amphisbaena dragon a while back, where the "top" half of the dragon is the primary and the bottom half is secondary, and one head was primary colour and the other was secondary with the two poses having an opposite leading/top head. I would prefer something less noodly than my original proposal in the suggestions forum but a) a wingless dragon with a secondary underbelly and a primary top half (or visa versa), or b) an Amphisbaena with one head at each end, would be an interesting new thing for an ancient.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
Make it like a reptillian ray. It's "wings" are just strands that flow behind it (like Hydragion's) and it would be quite long and graceful. I also imagine it would have only arms or only legs.
Make it like a reptillian ray. It's "wings" are just strands that flow behind it (like Hydragion's) and it would be quite long and graceful. I also imagine it would have only arms or only legs.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
I have two ideas.

1: The previously mentioned by others kite dragon idea. Very big wings. Very flat. Big flying manta ray or pterosaur looking.

2: Wind's aesthetic has a lot of bamboo in it, so what about a bear inspired dragon (because pandas)? It doesn't have to be all about flying things to fit into their flight. Picture this. Heavily built bear like body. Blocky head. Maybe make them partially scaly to differentiate them from gaolers, but with some sort of shaggy fur. Big bear claws. They live deep in the bamboo forests of the mountains. Maybe they carve instruments from bamboo with their claws.
I have two ideas.

1: The previously mentioned by others kite dragon idea. Very big wings. Very flat. Big flying manta ray or pterosaur looking.

2: Wind's aesthetic has a lot of bamboo in it, so what about a bear inspired dragon (because pandas)? It doesn't have to be all about flying things to fit into their flight. Picture this. Heavily built bear like body. Blocky head. Maybe make them partially scaly to differentiate them from gaolers, but with some sort of shaggy fur. Big bear claws. They live deep in the bamboo forests of the mountains. Maybe they carve instruments from bamboo with their claws.
I still really want a giant (and I mean giant I want this ancient to be canonically huge) manta ray dragon that lives in the eye of the Twisting Crescendo.
No legs, only wing and a big pudgy body. Unsure about the face cause I'm truly sick of only short faced breeds after four in a row, but I can't imagine what would otherwise look good. Maybe a very long thin gar like face, because they have to grab things while in mid-air and having a long snout or beak makes that a lot easier. So, like a more pancakey, pudgy pterosaur!
I still really want a giant (and I mean giant I want this ancient to be canonically huge) manta ray dragon that lives in the eye of the Twisting Crescendo.
No legs, only wing and a big pudgy body. Unsure about the face cause I'm truly sick of only short faced breeds after four in a row, but I can't imagine what would otherwise look good. Maybe a very long thin gar like face, because they have to grab things while in mid-air and having a long snout or beak makes that a lot easier. So, like a more pancakey, pudgy pterosaur!
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10