Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A potential solution for Light Ancients
1 2
I think I saw a post floating around in suggestions saying that the light ancient could be a kind that rose up to specifically fight emperors or at least properly dispose of imperial bodies to discourage their formation and honestly I'm in LOVE with that idea. maybe they're kinda like gaolers in that their dedication to their deity has them going to extremes to perform their duties (would tie in nicely with the lightweaver going "maybe I should do something about this")

another cool idea I had yesterday would be maybe considering that light's 2 modern breeds fit light's elegant aesthetic, maybe the ancient could be a really drab creature-y creature kind of breed that's been hiding away in the depths of the hewn city, to contrast the traditionally pretty and elegant other 2 breeds in that flight. maybe something a la vicar amelia that's really shaggy and twisted and creepy. I feel like that locale in light is just a bit too conspicuous for them to NOT be planning to do something with it eventually. exciting prospects!
I think I saw a post floating around in suggestions saying that the light ancient could be a kind that rose up to specifically fight emperors or at least properly dispose of imperial bodies to discourage their formation and honestly I'm in LOVE with that idea. maybe they're kinda like gaolers in that their dedication to their deity has them going to extremes to perform their duties (would tie in nicely with the lightweaver going "maybe I should do something about this")

another cool idea I had yesterday would be maybe considering that light's 2 modern breeds fit light's elegant aesthetic, maybe the ancient could be a really drab creature-y creature kind of breed that's been hiding away in the depths of the hewn city, to contrast the traditionally pretty and elegant other 2 breeds in that flight. maybe something a la vicar amelia that's really shaggy and twisted and creepy. I feel like that locale in light is just a bit too conspicuous for them to NOT be planning to do something with it eventually. exciting prospects!
[quote name="AlumTheDragon" date="2024-04-16 08:55:10" ] Also, [quote name="froginthebag" date="2024-04-16 04:22:28" ] i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome! [/quote] I believe you're thinking of bakugames' concept for the Light ancients? If I remember correctly the idea was that they were basically living runes existing on the walls of the ancient temples and ruins. [/quote] YES THATS THE DRAGON. THANK YOU!!
AlumTheDragon wrote on 2024-04-16 08:55:10:
Also,
froginthebag wrote on 2024-04-16 04:22:28:
i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome!
I believe you're thinking of bakugames' concept for the Light ancients? If I remember correctly the idea was that they were basically living runes existing on the walls of the ancient temples and ruins.

YES THATS THE DRAGON. THANK YOU!!
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
Yeah. Staff have said that ancients don't have to be the first of a deities child. It just happens that all of them ones thus far have been.

I personally think it'd be silly to retcon Imp lore.

1. Lightweaver could have created the light ancient to combat Emperors. Whether that be hunting them down and disposing of them (Emperor hunters), or disposing of deceased Imps so that no new Emperors can spring up. At least not as easily.

2. The light ancient was born out of pure, raw magic. Lightweaver didn't even have a hand in their creation!

Those are my two theories on how they could do it :)

But, I do like the sound of an eldritch horror-esque dragons for light. Something that lives in thee Hewn City and just.. Is there.. Has always been there.. Lightweaver herself didn't know about them..
Yeah. Staff have said that ancients don't have to be the first of a deities child. It just happens that all of them ones thus far have been.

I personally think it'd be silly to retcon Imp lore.

1. Lightweaver could have created the light ancient to combat Emperors. Whether that be hunting them down and disposing of them (Emperor hunters), or disposing of deceased Imps so that no new Emperors can spring up. At least not as easily.

2. The light ancient was born out of pure, raw magic. Lightweaver didn't even have a hand in their creation!

Those are my two theories on how they could do it :)

But, I do like the sound of an eldritch horror-esque dragons for light. Something that lives in thee Hewn City and just.. Is there.. Has always been there.. Lightweaver herself didn't know about them..
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
i don't have any speculation to add to the discussion but i do find it incredibly funny that a flight based on an element that's almost universally considered good and pure is more messed up than the flight that is centered around trickery and deception. light has murderous zombies that requires intervention from the literal creator deities to stop and shadow has... pranks? *honk*

all to say that an emperor killer or even an imperial killer would be very on point for the flight. although i'd feel very bad for imps because neither of their sister breeds like them, one is far more dangerous than the other but words can hurt too.
i don't have any speculation to add to the discussion but i do find it incredibly funny that a flight based on an element that's almost universally considered good and pure is more messed up than the flight that is centered around trickery and deception. light has murderous zombies that requires intervention from the literal creator deities to stop and shadow has... pranks? *honk*

all to say that an emperor killer or even an imperial killer would be very on point for the flight. although i'd feel very bad for imps because neither of their sister breeds like them, one is far more dangerous than the other but words can hurt too.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I feel like it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a light ancient that was created soon after imps. To tie into Bounty of the Ancients, it feels likely they could have been created to deal with the Emperor threat, maybe Lightweaver started work on them but was hesitant to actaully set them loose into the world until this newest emporer emerged? They could be like, an ancient concept but a new breed?
I feel like it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a light ancient that was created soon after imps. To tie into Bounty of the Ancients, it feels likely they could have been created to deal with the Emperor threat, maybe Lightweaver started work on them but was hesitant to actaully set them loose into the world until this newest emporer emerged? They could be like, an ancient concept but a new breed?
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
I would be on board with them having made imperials in the same path as bogs to not be bound by an element (so a retcon). That way the confusing 'but they were here first' ordeal could be solved.

And then maybe Light could not be tied to a goddamn KS breed and have ancients that make sense for the 'lore'.
I would be on board with them having made imperials in the same path as bogs to not be bound by an element (so a retcon). That way the confusing 'but they were here first' ordeal could be solved.

And then maybe Light could not be tied to a goddamn KS breed and have ancients that make sense for the 'lore'.
siggy.png
Maybe I'm wildin but I want the Light ancient to be a smaller, stabilized Emperor.

Stocky 3 headed dragon let's go!!
Maybe I'm wildin but I want the Light ancient to be a smaller, stabilized Emperor.

Stocky 3 headed dragon let's go!!
1HDUhks.png
1 2