Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A potential solution for Light Ancients
1 2
What if they’re actually Lightweaver’s first attempt at creating dragon life, but somehow failed at making them alive, which led her scrapping her project and retry again with Imperials, who gets to be called her first children.

Meaning that she had bunch of unconcious bodies shelved for centuries until the BotE event finally succesefully awakened them or Lightweaver simply decided to give another attempt after having enough experiences with Imps and PCs.

Just imagine being a guy, whose body is ancient, yet your mind is similar to freshly awakened G1 Obelisk.
What if they’re actually Lightweaver’s first attempt at creating dragon life, but somehow failed at making them alive, which led her scrapping her project and retry again with Imperials, who gets to be called her first children.

Meaning that she had bunch of unconcious bodies shelved for centuries until the BotE event finally succesefully awakened them or Lightweaver simply decided to give another attempt after having enough experiences with Imps and PCs.

Just imagine being a guy, whose body is ancient, yet your mind is similar to freshly awakened G1 Obelisk.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome!
i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome!
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
What about the Imperials actually being the first dragons, but Lightweaver deemed them all mistakes and destroyed the OG Imperials and tried again with the Ancients? And then the Ancients could also have issues that made her go back to the drawing board with pearlcatchers, which obviously turn out good, so why not try the imps again and oh no there's Luminax-
What about the Imperials actually being the first dragons, but Lightweaver deemed them all mistakes and destroyed the OG Imperials and tried again with the Ancients? And then the Ancients could also have issues that made her go back to the drawing board with pearlcatchers, which obviously turn out good, so why not try the imps again and oh no there's Luminax-
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
[quote name="@froginthebag" date="2024-04-16 04:22:28" ] i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome! [/quote] [center]fellas, the light ancient has been here all along... [item=Octavious Colossusbane] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/50748.png[/img][/center]
@froginthebag wrote on 2024-04-16 04:22:28:
fellas, the light ancient has been here all along...
Octavious Colossusbane
50748.png
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Personally I think it would be best to keep the existing lore and dynamic of Imps and Pearls rather than retconning a secret Actual First Dragon into the lore. I think it could be cool if they weren't ancient at all and instead were a haphazard solution to Luminax similar to how the Obelisks were made just as a warning. I saw an idea once of the Light ancient being made to assist in Imperial burials and prevent Emperors from forming which is also a neat idea. Regardless, I don't think them being made before Imperials would be a good decision since that's basically their gimmick and has been since the site's very beginning. Also, [quote name="froginthebag" date="2024-04-16 04:22:28" ] i remember someone drawing dragons that straight up came out of walls. sentient data? don’t quite remember who :( but the concept was awesome! [/quote] I believe you're thinking of bakugames' concept for the Light ancients? If I remember correctly the idea was that they were basically living runes existing on the walls of the ancient temples and ruins.
Personally I think it would be best to keep the existing lore and dynamic of Imps and Pearls rather than retconning a secret Actual First Dragon into the lore. I think it could be cool if they weren't ancient at all and instead were a haphazard solution to Luminax similar to how the Obelisks were made just as a warning. I saw an idea once of the Light ancient being made to assist in Imperial burials and prevent Emperors from forming which is also a neat idea. Regardless, I don't think them being made before Imperials would be a good decision since that's basically their gimmick and has been since the site's very beginning.

Also,
froginthebag wrote on 2024-04-16 04:22:28:
I believe you're thinking of bakugames' concept for the Light ancients? If I remember correctly the idea was that they were basically living runes existing on the walls of the ancient temples and ruins.
77433554p.png i1OuA.gif
[quote name="AlumTheDragon" date="2024-04-16 08:55:10" ] Personally I think it would be best to keep the existing lore and dynamic of Imps and Pearls rather than retconning a secret Actual First Dragon into the lore. I think it could be cool if they weren't ancient at all and instead were a haphazard solution to Luminax similar to how the Obelisks were made just as a warning. I saw an idea once of the Light ancient being made to assist in Imperial burials and prevent Emperors from forming which is also a neat idea.[/quote] agreed—can think of a few exciting potential ways to introduce the new light breed as simultaneously "ancient" and newly-made! maybe the lightweaver molds them out of star-stuff or something
AlumTheDragon wrote on 2024-04-16 08:55:10:
Personally I think it would be best to keep the existing lore and dynamic of Imps and Pearls rather than retconning a secret Actual First Dragon into the lore. I think it could be cool if they weren't ancient at all and instead were a haphazard solution to Luminax similar to how the Obelisks were made just as a warning. I saw an idea once of the Light ancient being made to assist in Imperial burials and prevent Emperors from forming which is also a neat idea.

agreed—can think of a few exciting potential ways to introduce the new light breed as simultaneously "ancient" and newly-made! maybe the lightweaver molds them out of star-stuff or something
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon
The most popular theory I know of is based on staff saying that ancients, while all being born from elemental magic, don't have to be created directly by deities and can instead emerge directly from raw magic!

If the light ancient is a spontaneously emerging breed they can be far older than Imps without being Lightweaver's children at all.
The most popular theory I know of is based on staff saying that ancients, while all being born from elemental magic, don't have to be created directly by deities and can instead emerge directly from raw magic!

If the light ancient is a spontaneously emerging breed they can be far older than Imps without being Lightweaver's children at all.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I don't think Imps being Light's first children means Light can't also have an Ancient.

1, iirc staff have never said they're going to stop at one Ancient per Flight

and

2, Ancients are only "Ancient" in function due to their separation from the rest of dragonkind. Being locked away, nearly eradicated, intentionally isolating themselves, etc. But if they continued to engage with the rest of dragonkind, they would "turn" Modern over the generations.

If we look at Gaolers, they're noted/implied as being the ancestors to Tundras. Essentially, Tundras "evolved" from them. If this is the case, Tundras were not created uniquely. With that in mind, Imperials therefore could have simply never isolated themselves, so never attaining "Ancient" function. So Light could absolutely have an Ancient, they simply never mingled with the rest of dragonkind.
I don't think Imps being Light's first children means Light can't also have an Ancient.

1, iirc staff have never said they're going to stop at one Ancient per Flight

and

2, Ancients are only "Ancient" in function due to their separation from the rest of dragonkind. Being locked away, nearly eradicated, intentionally isolating themselves, etc. But if they continued to engage with the rest of dragonkind, they would "turn" Modern over the generations.

If we look at Gaolers, they're noted/implied as being the ancestors to Tundras. Essentially, Tundras "evolved" from them. If this is the case, Tundras were not created uniquely. With that in mind, Imperials therefore could have simply never isolated themselves, so never attaining "Ancient" function. So Light could absolutely have an Ancient, they simply never mingled with the rest of dragonkind.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
My guess is that the Ancients might not be made by the Lightweaver, but the product of conglomeratic Light magic. They aren't hers and maybe they went into hiding when she showed up trying to make her own creations.
My guess is that the Ancients might not be made by the Lightweaver, but the product of conglomeratic Light magic. They aren't hers and maybe they went into hiding when she showed up trying to make her own creations.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
That sounds interesting!

I could also see the possibility of Light Ancients actually being created more recently, possibly in order to fight Emperors.
That sounds interesting!

I could also see the possibility of Light Ancients actually being created more recently, possibly in order to fight Emperors.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2