Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I made the ugliest banner (come see)
1 2 3 4
@Orochimaru
Here're some ideas!
- Use the fill tool, but don't fill in the gaps along the edges of lines it leaves
- Resize individual pieces so they vary in quality
- Make some of the letters inconsistent in font and color
@Orochimaru
Here're some ideas!
- Use the fill tool, but don't fill in the gaps along the edges of lines it leaves
- Resize individual pieces so they vary in quality
- Make some of the letters inconsistent in font and color
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
I love this thread
I love this thread
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QtBY6qk.gif[/img] Make it animated!
QtBY6qk.gif

Make it animated!
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-04-14 19:51:54" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IvSfEhd.png[/img] [/quote] this one is my favorite XD
Achaius wrote on 2024-04-14 19:51:54:
IvSfEhd.png

this one is my favorite XD
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
what a wonderful thread, it doesn't even have that many messages! i would give advice but all my ideas were mentioned so
what a wonderful thread, it doesn't even have that many messages! i would give advice but all my ideas were mentioned so
NcRl9aq.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-04-13 20:11:33" ] Likewise, I also think it's very nice! It looks like work and thought was put into it! If I was going to make a really bad banner, I'd be drawing like.... stick dragons using the spraypaint tool with stock images and comic sans. Bare minimum effort. Like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/bmblYDt.png[/img] [/quote] AHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA OKAY THAT'S HILARIOUS
Recallback wrote on 2024-04-13 20:11:33:
Likewise, I also think it's very nice! It looks like work and thought was put into it! If I was going to make a really bad banner, I'd be drawing like.... stick dragons using the spraypaint tool with stock images and comic sans. Bare minimum effort. Like this:
bmblYDt.png

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA OKAY THAT'S HILARIOUS
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Up that saturation baybee.
Up that saturation baybee.
y5opRlk.gif
@orochimaru
If your goal is to make your banner worse, consider drawing with your non-dominant hand so it looks wonky and uncanny. Perhaps pick your colours at absolute random, to ensure that your colours are discordant with one another. Make everything unreadable except for the name, preferrably through visual clutter.

If you'd like to make your base design better rather than worse, i suggest polishing up the one you have currently, taking care to use dynamic posing and lighting in your banner. As it is, it's already a good design, just needs some work.

I hope this helps!
@orochimaru
If your goal is to make your banner worse, consider drawing with your non-dominant hand so it looks wonky and uncanny. Perhaps pick your colours at absolute random, to ensure that your colours are discordant with one another. Make everything unreadable except for the name, preferrably through visual clutter.

If you'd like to make your base design better rather than worse, i suggest polishing up the one you have currently, taking care to use dynamic posing and lighting in your banner. As it is, it's already a good design, just needs some work.

I hope this helps!
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
It looks rather nice- maybe add some random, obnoxious splatters of color everywhere? And annoying patterns-
@Orochimaru
It looks rather nice- maybe add some random, obnoxious splatters of color everywhere? And annoying patterns-
@Orochimaru
she/her
FR Time + 3
Wind flight
Semi hiatus
adoptions and starter packs here
7UXlQKU.gif
53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpgWXOu4H0.png
@Orochimaru

My advice for making art look worse? Add swampy green where it doesn't belong, misalign otherwise normal lines, and tilt each individual letter so that theres no way you could look at it and think it was accident or inexperience.

As for making an even nicer banner than what you've already made, just do the opposite of everything i said
@Orochimaru

My advice for making art look worse? Add swampy green where it doesn't belong, misalign otherwise normal lines, and tilt each individual letter so that theres no way you could look at it and think it was accident or inexperience.

As for making an even nicer banner than what you've already made, just do the opposite of everything i said
Kuro49-Banner1.png
1 2 3 4