Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Songs of the Sea!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
@Wayword I was thinking of suggesting The Crane Wives, I'm glad someone else has it covered. :D
@Wayword I was thinking of suggesting The Crane Wives, I'm glad someone else has it covered. :D
FR+3
@oneluckyduck

Omg me too! XD Well sort of. I haven't sat down and listend to any of their albums in full so I wasn't going to recomend any, but I was still thrilled to see them when skimming posts!
@oneluckyduck

Omg me too! XD Well sort of. I haven't sat down and listend to any of their albums in full so I wasn't going to recomend any, but I was still thrilled to see them when skimming posts!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@oneluckyduck

Glad I'm not the only one! Their music became somewhat of a hyperfixation for me starting back in ~2021 when I almost never consistently listen to an artist/band so I jumped at the opportunity to recommend them lol.
@oneluckyduck

Glad I'm not the only one! Their music became somewhat of a hyperfixation for me starting back in ~2021 when I almost never consistently listen to an artist/band so I jumped at the opportunity to recommend them lol.
====== Wayword/Wander
He/They/It
Flight Rising +2
8Tc4Dzt.png
iW7O9Ef.png YbKpooC.png Pgv53XB.png
eswSnrS.png
Flexible-divider-end-cap.pngBZCmJj6.pngFlexible-divider-end-cap.png
gPwtjqg.png
======
Username: TsunamiVoid
ID: 523975
Album 1 (Name and Band): Take This To Your Grave by Fall Out Boy
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The first album by pop-punk band Fall Out Boy, basically iconic, one of my absolute favorite albums ever. Great lyrics and good songwriting, has one of the best opening songs of all time.
Album 2 (Name and Band): From Under The Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The second album by Fall Out Boy, also basically iconic, also one of my favorites of all time. Has one of the best closers of all time.
Album 3 (Name and Band): Through Being Cool by Saves The Day
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Much lesser known album but a really good one.

i couldnt choose between futct and tttyg so they both ended up on here
Username: TsunamiVoid
ID: 523975
Album 1 (Name and Band): Take This To Your Grave by Fall Out Boy
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The first album by pop-punk band Fall Out Boy, basically iconic, one of my absolute favorite albums ever. Great lyrics and good songwriting, has one of the best opening songs of all time.
Album 2 (Name and Band): From Under The Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The second album by Fall Out Boy, also basically iconic, also one of my favorites of all time. Has one of the best closers of all time.
Album 3 (Name and Band): Through Being Cool by Saves The Day
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop-punk
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Much lesser known album but a really good one.

i couldnt choose between futct and tttyg so they both ended up on here
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
Username: Niponji
ID: 695818
I love sharing and listening to new music!

Album 1 (Name and Band): Doechii's Oh The Places You'll Go (18+)
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Hip Hip/Rap
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):Rap is about rhythm and poetry and Doechii represents that to the fullest. Her story leads her, not the beat- though the beats are definitely tasty. Definitely something along the lines of a coming-of-age and experiencing the world's rawness. This would've been cool to have as a teen...
Album 2 (Name and Band): Chappell Roan's The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess (18+)
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Charming, queer, up-and-coming, along with funny storytelling. There's a lil something in there for everyone I'd say, but it definitely wasn't meant for everyone. You definitely live a different life with this album, it gives you a fresh taste of what it means to be someone else completely and what it means to start anew.
Album 3 (Name and Band): Son Lux's Everything Everywhere All At Once Soundtrack
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Instrumental, ambient, experimental
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): A score from my second favorite movie of all time. It's hard to describe all the feelings involved with the score and the movie, but I highly recommend both. I will say the score may start off a bit strange. It'll really grow on ya.
Username: Niponji
ID: 695818
I love sharing and listening to new music!

Album 1 (Name and Band): Doechii's Oh The Places You'll Go (18+)
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Hip Hip/Rap
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):Rap is about rhythm and poetry and Doechii represents that to the fullest. Her story leads her, not the beat- though the beats are definitely tasty. Definitely something along the lines of a coming-of-age and experiencing the world's rawness. This would've been cool to have as a teen...
Album 2 (Name and Band): Chappell Roan's The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess (18+)
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Charming, queer, up-and-coming, along with funny storytelling. There's a lil something in there for everyone I'd say, but it definitely wasn't meant for everyone. You definitely live a different life with this album, it gives you a fresh taste of what it means to be someone else completely and what it means to start anew.
Album 3 (Name and Band): Son Lux's Everything Everywhere All At Once Soundtrack
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Instrumental, ambient, experimental
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): A score from my second favorite movie of all time. It's hard to describe all the feelings involved with the score and the movie, but I highly recommend both. I will say the score may start off a bit strange. It'll really grow on ya.
Username: DismasYves
ID: 677099
Album 1 (Name and Band): exuvium [Oblivion Pt. II] by Crywolf
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Alternative
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This album is an EXPERIENCE. It alternates between apocalyptic rock vibes and tender loneliness. Listen in one go if you can.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Pixelated Oblivion by Unlike Pluto
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Alternative?
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): My favorite artist that people have never heard of! Kind of a moody, indie alternative feel. I like his other albums too but this one has a few bangers like It Goes Inside My Head and Shelf Life.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Bounce Into the Music by Siames
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This band goes SO hard. If you can, I recommend watching the music videos for The Wolf and Mr. Fear; those are what hooked me. There's also other music videos for songs from other albums (Summer Nights and No Lullaby, there might be others but those are the ones I know), if you watch those let me know what you think too!
Username: DismasYves
ID: 677099
Album 1 (Name and Band): exuvium [Oblivion Pt. II] by Crywolf
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Alternative
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This album is an EXPERIENCE. It alternates between apocalyptic rock vibes and tender loneliness. Listen in one go if you can.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Pixelated Oblivion by Unlike Pluto
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Alternative?
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): My favorite artist that people have never heard of! Kind of a moody, indie alternative feel. I like his other albums too but this one has a few bangers like It Goes Inside My Head and Shelf Life.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Bounce Into the Music by Siames
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This band goes SO hard. If you can, I recommend watching the music videos for The Wolf and Mr. Fear; those are what hooked me. There's also other music videos for songs from other albums (Summer Nights and No Lullaby, there might be others but those are the ones I know), if you watch those let me know what you think too!
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
username: ladyartemis
ID: 620153

album 1: now, not yet by half alive
album 1 (genre(s)): alternative/indie
album 1 (extra information): i adore this band with my entire soul. this album is just a feel-good masterpiece. but also, the lyrics are so touching and heart-wrenching at some points if you really delve into it. specifically, still feel is one of their best songs in its structure. i love this band bro !!

album 2: my 21st century blues by raye
album 2 (genre(s)): contemporary R&B, pop, house, dancehall
album 2 (extra information): this album has many different sounds to it, and the songs within the album can differ immensely from each other. but despite the lack of cohesiveness, i adored how each song felt like a new journal entry due to how personal and strong each one felt. raye's lyricism is beautiful as well and a few songs were also very heart-wrenching.
(TW for songs: ice cream man. (about S/A), and body dysmorphia. (self-explanatory lol))

album 3: razzmatazz by i don't know how but they found me
album 3 (genre(s)): alternative rock, indie pop, synth pop
album 3 (extra information): yes that is the band's name. anyhow, the production on each song feels very satisfying to hear. being able to hear all the intricate yet funky sounds while wearing headphones is fun to experience. the saxophone solos are really nice as well. i don't have much to say tbh ! you just gotta Feel the album. it's an experience. :)
username: ladyartemis
ID: 620153

album 1: now, not yet by half alive
album 1 (genre(s)): alternative/indie
album 1 (extra information): i adore this band with my entire soul. this album is just a feel-good masterpiece. but also, the lyrics are so touching and heart-wrenching at some points if you really delve into it. specifically, still feel is one of their best songs in its structure. i love this band bro !!

album 2: my 21st century blues by raye
album 2 (genre(s)): contemporary R&B, pop, house, dancehall
album 2 (extra information): this album has many different sounds to it, and the songs within the album can differ immensely from each other. but despite the lack of cohesiveness, i adored how each song felt like a new journal entry due to how personal and strong each one felt. raye's lyricism is beautiful as well and a few songs were also very heart-wrenching.
(TW for songs: ice cream man. (about S/A), and body dysmorphia. (self-explanatory lol))

album 3: razzmatazz by i don't know how but they found me
album 3 (genre(s)): alternative rock, indie pop, synth pop
album 3 (extra information): yes that is the band's name. anyhow, the production on each song feels very satisfying to hear. being able to hear all the intricate yet funky sounds while wearing headphones is fun to experience. the saxophone solos are really nice as well. i don't have much to say tbh ! you just gotta Feel the album. it's an experience. :)
Username: brit
ID: 54041

Album 1 (Name and Band): Strange Trails by Lord Huron (2015)
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Folk, indie
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 56 minutes, kind of a spooky forest mood

Album 2 (Name and Band): The Good Witch by Maisie Peters (2023)
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 47 minutes, breakup album but very fun

Album 3 (Name and Band): Morbid Stuff by Pup (2019)
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Punk rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 37 minutes, gets into some pretty Morbid Stuff, album art aesthetic is very fun, angsty
Username: brit
ID: 54041

Album 1 (Name and Band): Strange Trails by Lord Huron (2015)
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Folk, indie
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 56 minutes, kind of a spooky forest mood

Album 2 (Name and Band): The Good Witch by Maisie Peters (2023)
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 47 minutes, breakup album but very fun

Album 3 (Name and Band): Morbid Stuff by Pup (2019)
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Punk rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): 37 minutes, gets into some pretty Morbid Stuff, album art aesthetic is very fun, angsty
Na5WGHa.png
Wow picking just a few albums is so hard...
Also, wise decision on the 2 hr limit. You're all safe from my 4 hour video game soundtracks... FOR NOW...

Username: InkedMyths
ID: 346826

Album 1 (Name and Band): Jukebox the Ghost, by Jukebox the Ghost
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Piano, indie pop + rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): If you like both 2010's pop but also Billy Joel and Queen, and just a lot of piano in general, give this one a swing. Yes the album is the same name as the group, you know how it is sometimes.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Cure What Ails Ya by The Longest Johns
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Sea shanty, folk, a capella
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): HERE TO REPRESENT SEA SHANTIES FOR THE WATER FLIGHT! The first song especially, "Hoist Up The Thing", I think should be mandatory listening for Water Flight members. Or fans of pirates in general.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Those Younger Days by The Hunts
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Folk-pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Beautiful harmonies, seriously. So many of these songs just get stuck in my head, very feel-good stuff. Also the album cover has water on it so it seems fitting.

Seeing some good recommendations in here so far... Can't wait to discuss music with you all :)
Wow picking just a few albums is so hard...
Also, wise decision on the 2 hr limit. You're all safe from my 4 hour video game soundtracks... FOR NOW...

Username: InkedMyths
ID: 346826

Album 1 (Name and Band): Jukebox the Ghost, by Jukebox the Ghost
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Piano, indie pop + rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): If you like both 2010's pop but also Billy Joel and Queen, and just a lot of piano in general, give this one a swing. Yes the album is the same name as the group, you know how it is sometimes.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Cure What Ails Ya by The Longest Johns
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Sea shanty, folk, a capella
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): HERE TO REPRESENT SEA SHANTIES FOR THE WATER FLIGHT! The first song especially, "Hoist Up The Thing", I think should be mandatory listening for Water Flight members. Or fans of pirates in general.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Those Younger Days by The Hunts
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Folk-pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Beautiful harmonies, seriously. So many of these songs just get stuck in my head, very feel-good stuff. Also the album cover has water on it so it seems fitting.

Seeing some good recommendations in here so far... Can't wait to discuss music with you all :)
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
@dismasyves -- jsyk, Bounce Into The Music was already recommended by @/Scraw !
Funny enough, that's the one album I've seen that I've already listened to in its entirety. I can confirm, it is very good :D
@dismasyves -- jsyk, Bounce Into The Music was already recommended by @/Scraw !
Funny enough, that's the one album I've seen that I've already listened to in its entirety. I can confirm, it is very good :D
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24