Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Songs of the Sea!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Username: moonthegoon
ID: 588743
Album 1 (Name and Band): Time n' Place - Kero Kero Bonito
Album 1 (Genre(s)): indie rock, twee, dream pop, noise music, shoegaze, experimental pop, synth pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): when trying to express my personal feelings and rankings of music i adore, much less choose favorites, i always fall into the classic trap of never being able to decide- spare for this album. time n' place is my favorite album of all time, made by my favorite musical artist of all time, and i dont think anything comes close on a personal level. from the album cover to the brilliant blend of all my favorite musical genres, i feel like this was an album made directly to tailor to my tastes and my tastes alone. ive streamed this so much that i honestly feel kind of sick of it, but in the end it still maintains that special place in my heart- plus, i still could listen outside and dump thousands of times on a deserted island and never get tired of it.

Album 2 (Name and Band): The English Riviera - Metronomy
Album 2 (Genre(s)): synth pop, indietronica, new wave, electronic, indie pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):
metronomy is a band i started listening to due to a good friend of mine who loves their discography, and after listening to back on the motorway on his recommendation, while i wouldnt say i was immediately hooked on the first listen, i was drawn in enough to start listening to their discography, and now theyve become one of my most listened to bands of all time. this is by far the most thematically appropriate album for this push- it perfectly encapsulates that seaside summer-y vibe that the album cover implies, exemplified by songs like the bay, which ended up as my top listened to song of 2020 to no surprise of my own. a water flight classic

Album 3 (Name and Band): Discovery - Daft Punk
Album 3 (Genre(s)): fr*nch house, electro, disco, synth pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): when thinking about albums i wanted to spotlight, i almost wanted to skip over this one; it feels almost like a cop-out, like its too easy to sing its praises or lament the impact of daft punk as an iconic music duo. but when eliminating albums i came to realize that i wanted to spotlight 3 albums with different musical vibes, and most of the albums that fell outside of the indie rock palette ended up either being too redundant, too niche or too explicit for fr. i also wanted albums i had a deep personal connection with, as i LOVE waxing poetic, and i came to realize that this was the only album left that exemplified both of those factors to their full extent. this was not only one of the first albums ive listened to that ive fell in love with, but one of the first albums ive listened to period. my dad is a massive music fan, and i lived on my family’s imac as a kid, so i had exposure to his over 1000 albums saved from cds, apparently legal free music sites and weird ipods from ebay, and while i tended to just listen to trashy late 2000’s pop music as a kid, daft punk was one of the only artists he showed me that we both ended up enjoying, even if it was partially because they had one of my favorite stages on just dance. i will never forget the time in elementary school i was talking to a classmate about anime, and i said i loved sonic x, pokemon and…. interstella 5555, the anime film set to the songs of this album, detailing a band of aliens being masked as humans turned into a literal industry plant by greedy record execs. i wondered if he ever watched it.
Username: moonthegoon
ID: 588743
Album 1 (Name and Band): Time n' Place - Kero Kero Bonito
Album 1 (Genre(s)): indie rock, twee, dream pop, noise music, shoegaze, experimental pop, synth pop
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): when trying to express my personal feelings and rankings of music i adore, much less choose favorites, i always fall into the classic trap of never being able to decide- spare for this album. time n' place is my favorite album of all time, made by my favorite musical artist of all time, and i dont think anything comes close on a personal level. from the album cover to the brilliant blend of all my favorite musical genres, i feel like this was an album made directly to tailor to my tastes and my tastes alone. ive streamed this so much that i honestly feel kind of sick of it, but in the end it still maintains that special place in my heart- plus, i still could listen outside and dump thousands of times on a deserted island and never get tired of it.

Album 2 (Name and Band): The English Riviera - Metronomy
Album 2 (Genre(s)): synth pop, indietronica, new wave, electronic, indie pop
metronomy is a band i started listening to due to a good friend of mine who loves their discography, and after listening to back on the motorway on his recommendation, while i wouldnt say i was immediately hooked on the first listen, i was drawn in enough to start listening to their discography, and now theyve become one of my most listened to bands of all time. this is by far the most thematically appropriate album for this push- it perfectly encapsulates that seaside summer-y vibe that the album cover implies, exemplified by songs like the bay, which ended up as my top listened to song of 2020 to no surprise of my own. a water flight classic

Album 3 (Name and Band): Discovery - Daft Punk
Album 3 (Genre(s)): fr*nch house, electro, disco, synth pop
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): when thinking about albums i wanted to spotlight, i almost wanted to skip over this one; it feels almost like a cop-out, like its too easy to sing its praises or lament the impact of daft punk as an iconic music duo. but when eliminating albums i came to realize that i wanted to spotlight 3 albums with different musical vibes, and most of the albums that fell outside of the indie rock palette ended up either being too redundant, too niche or too explicit for fr. i also wanted albums i had a deep personal connection with, as i LOVE waxing poetic, and i came to realize that this was the only album left that exemplified both of those factors to their full extent. this was not only one of the first albums ive listened to that ive fell in love with, but one of the first albums ive listened to period. my dad is a massive music fan, and i lived on my family’s imac as a kid, so i had exposure to his over 1000 albums saved from cds, apparently legal free music sites and weird ipods from ebay, and while i tended to just listen to trashy late 2000’s pop music as a kid, daft punk was one of the only artists he showed me that we both ended up enjoying, even if it was partially because they had one of my favorite stages on just dance. i will never forget the time in elementary school i was talking to a classmate about anime, and i said i loved sonic x, pokemon and…. interstella 5555, the anime film set to the songs of this album, detailing a band of aliens being masked as humans turned into a literal industry plant by greedy record execs. i wondered if he ever watched it.
9FbG81Z.gif
  • she/they/it
  • frt+3
  • eternally sleepy + tired + snug as a bug in a rug, may be late in responding
Username: PallasiteMatrix
ID: 274988

Album 1 (Name and Band): Fantasies by Metric
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This is one of the albums that just makes me feel like everything is going to be ok. It's got a really good flow from one song to the next, and my favorite way to listen to it is to just put in the CD and listen from start to finish. Vibes are "alone at night, but having a good time"

Album 2 (Name and Band):Miike Snow by Miike Snow
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Pop / Indie Pop / Synth Pop / Dream Pop / Electro Pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Plastic Jungle slaps, but I understand if the lyrics about wanting to get slain are uncomfortable so this track is skipped. Otherwise, this is the vibes of hanging out with good friends, driving around at night (to me)

Album 3 (Name and Band): Dive by Tycho
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Downtempo, Electronica, Intelligent dance music, Chill-out music, Chillwave, Hypnagogic pop, Balearic beat
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I don't think any song on this album has lyrics. Another one that I recommend listening to from start to finish because the flow is so nice, I'd say this is a quiet morning album. This music is made almost entirely analog/ with hardware, but I wouldn't have guessed that until I watched a live recording. (This is my favorite on this list!)
Username: PallasiteMatrix
ID: 274988

Album 1 (Name and Band): Fantasies by Metric
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Indie Rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This is one of the albums that just makes me feel like everything is going to be ok. It's got a really good flow from one song to the next, and my favorite way to listen to it is to just put in the CD and listen from start to finish. Vibes are "alone at night, but having a good time"

Album 2 (Name and Band):Miike Snow by Miike Snow
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Pop / Indie Pop / Synth Pop / Dream Pop / Electro Pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): Plastic Jungle slaps, but I understand if the lyrics about wanting to get slain are uncomfortable so this track is skipped. Otherwise, this is the vibes of hanging out with good friends, driving around at night (to me)

Album 3 (Name and Band): Dive by Tycho
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Downtempo, Electronica, Intelligent dance music, Chill-out music, Chillwave, Hypnagogic pop, Balearic beat
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I don't think any song on this album has lyrics. Another one that I recommend listening to from start to finish because the flow is so nice, I'd say this is a quiet morning album. This music is made almost entirely analog/ with hardware, but I wouldn't have guessed that until I watched a live recording. (This is my favorite on this list!)
Endless_Garden.png
Username: Tserin
ID: 1976
Album 1 (Name and Band): Hermitage - Daruma's Eyes Pt. 2 by Temperance
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Symphonic/Power Metal
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The first "part" is a standalone song on the Of Jupiter And Moons album, which is also great, but isn't required to understand the story being told in part 2!

Album 2 (Name and Band): 01011001 by Ayreon
Album 2 (Genre(s)): a genre i'd like to call "hard to define metal", you can probably put it down as symphonic power metal as well

Album 3 (Name and Band): In Contact by Caligula's Horse
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Prog rock/metal
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):
Username: Tserin
ID: 1976
Album 1 (Name and Band): Hermitage - Daruma's Eyes Pt. 2 by Temperance
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Symphonic/Power Metal
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): The first "part" is a standalone song on the Of Jupiter And Moons album, which is also great, but isn't required to understand the story being told in part 2!

Album 2 (Name and Band): 01011001 by Ayreon
Album 2 (Genre(s)): a genre i'd like to call "hard to define metal", you can probably put it down as symphonic power metal as well

Album 3 (Name and Band): In Contact by Caligula's Horse
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Prog rock/metal
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Username: Wayword
ID: 561937

Album 1 (Name and Band): Coyote Stories - The Crane Wives
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Folk, Rock
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album):
Highlights! The Moon Will Sing, Metaphor, The Hand That Feeds, Sleeping Giants, Never Love an Anchor
Themes/Vibes! If I had to name just 1 main theme of their music it would be healing/moving forward. The album cover fits the vibes perfectly
Thoughts! I absolutely adore all of their music; it was super hard to pick just 1 of their albums. Ultimately I picked Coyote Stories because it's got a lot of fun fast sounds, devastating/quotable/striking lines, and it showcases their diversity in topics really well. The lyrics are definitely worth taking a look at. They have managed a lot of chilling lines, and struck chords with topics/concepts you don't hear in music often.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Rain World Songs and Rhythms - James Primate
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Chiptune, a little bit of other genres like Acid Jazz
Oh boy, get ready for these Highlights! Every theme track, Threat - Outskirts, Black Moonlight, The Coast, Threat - Shoreline, The Captain, Floes, Threat - Chimney Canopy, Kayava, Threat - Farm Arrays, there's more but it's a 40 track ost ^^;
Themes/Vibes! It's a game soundtrack, and it does an immaculate job of setting the scene of the game. Simultaneously capturing the daunting unknown threat of an abandoned concrete jungle, and the lonely beauty of nature reclaiming it.
Thoughts! It's perfect for the game it was made for, but it's also just a really fun soundtrack to listen to! I listen to a lot of funky music, but Threat - Garbage Wastes still makes me go "Who thought of this? It's insane... I love it"
Username: Wayword
ID: 561937

Album 1 (Name and Band): Coyote Stories - The Crane Wives
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Folk, Rock
Highlights! The Moon Will Sing, Metaphor, The Hand That Feeds, Sleeping Giants, Never Love an Anchor
Themes/Vibes! If I had to name just 1 main theme of their music it would be healing/moving forward. The album cover fits the vibes perfectly
Thoughts! I absolutely adore all of their music; it was super hard to pick just 1 of their albums. Ultimately I picked Coyote Stories because it's got a lot of fun fast sounds, devastating/quotable/striking lines, and it showcases their diversity in topics really well. The lyrics are definitely worth taking a look at. They have managed a lot of chilling lines, and struck chords with topics/concepts you don't hear in music often.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Rain World Songs and Rhythms - James Primate
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Chiptune, a little bit of other genres like Acid Jazz
Oh boy, get ready for these Highlights! Every theme track, Threat - Outskirts, Black Moonlight, The Coast, Threat - Shoreline, The Captain, Floes, Threat - Chimney Canopy, Kayava, Threat - Farm Arrays, there's more but it's a 40 track ost ^^;
Themes/Vibes! It's a game soundtrack, and it does an immaculate job of setting the scene of the game. Simultaneously capturing the daunting unknown threat of an abandoned concrete jungle, and the lonely beauty of nature reclaiming it.
Thoughts! It's perfect for the game it was made for, but it's also just a really fun soundtrack to listen to! I listen to a lot of funky music, but Threat - Garbage Wastes still makes me go "Who thought of this? It's insane... I love it"
====== Wayword/Wander
He/They/It
Flight Rising +2
8Tc4Dzt.png
iW7O9Ef.png YbKpooC.png Pgv53XB.png
eswSnrS.png
Flexible-divider-end-cap.pngBZCmJj6.pngFlexible-divider-end-cap.png
gPwtjqg.png
======
Holy crap Water stuff like this is the reason why you're my favourite flight (after my own of course :')

Gonna think long and hard about my submissions, though I've got one in mind already.

One question though: can an album only be listened to once by one person? Can you listen to more than one album (not simultaneously claiming them ofc), or can you claim & listen, give your thoughts, then rinse and repeat?

That's two questions but never mind that
Holy crap Water stuff like this is the reason why you're my favourite flight (after my own of course :')

Gonna think long and hard about my submissions, though I've got one in mind already.

One question though: can an album only be listened to once by one person? Can you listen to more than one album (not simultaneously claiming them ofc), or can you claim & listen, give your thoughts, then rinse and repeat?

That's two questions but never mind that
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Beatoriche
Aww, thank you!! <3
You can't claim multiple albums, but feel free to listen to/talk about other albums! I'm keeping it "1 person claims 1 album from an unclaimed person" so that each person gets at least 1 of their recommended albums listened to.
@Beatoriche
Aww, thank you!! <3
You can't claim multiple albums, but feel free to listen to/talk about other albums! I'm keeping it "1 person claims 1 album from an unclaimed person" so that each person gets at least 1 of their recommended albums listened to.
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
yeah, I suspected that was the reason, it makes sense. Silly question in hindsight, haha :')
yeah, I suspected that was the reason, it makes sense. Silly question in hindsight, haha :')
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Beatoriche
No silly questions!!!! They don't exist!!!!
@Beatoriche
No silly questions!!!! They don't exist!!!!
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
Username: humbledarkmage
ID:266967

Album 1 (Name and Band): VA-11 Hall-A (Original Soundtrack: Second Round) by Garoad
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Synthwave, Video Game music
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): music for a cyberpunk/sci-fi bar tending game which is so cool and you should play

Album 2 (Name and Band): Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Noise pop, Indie rock
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I'm just a fan Gerards singing voice tbh, its one i can pleasantly zone out to yknow

Album 3 (Name and Band): Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by My Chemical Romance
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop Punk
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): have a lot of fun listening to this and the comics/music videos are pretty neat too. warning for your ears for Goodnite, Dr. Death ; it uses loud static and brass.
Username: humbledarkmage
ID:266967

Album 1 (Name and Band): VA-11 Hall-A (Original Soundtrack: Second Round) by Garoad
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Synthwave, Video Game music
Album 1 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): music for a cyberpunk/sci-fi bar tending game which is so cool and you should play

Album 2 (Name and Band): Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Noise pop, Indie rock
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I'm just a fan Gerards singing voice tbh, its one i can pleasantly zone out to yknow

Album 3 (Name and Band): Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by My Chemical Romance
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop Punk
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): have a lot of fun listening to this and the comics/music videos are pretty neat too. warning for your ears for Goodnite, Dr. Death ; it uses loud static and brass.
Username: oneluckyduck
ID: 567176
Album 1 (Name and Band): Ziltoid the Omniscient, by Devin Townsend
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Prog metal, Comedy
This album is a rock opera! It follows the adventures of the titular space alien, and his invasion of Earth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor, by Caro Emerald
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Jazz, Swing, Pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This was the first album I recommended to my partner! I still stand by the recommendation.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Soapbox Heroes, by Enter the Haggis
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Celtic Indie Rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I remembered a song from this band (although a different album) and worked for a good ten minutes to find them after forgetting for years. I think I was still on _Skype_ when I last listened to them! So, here we go. :) (Although I'd suggest listening to One Last Drink first, I think it's a better intro to the album.)
Username: oneluckyduck
ID: 567176
Album 1 (Name and Band): Ziltoid the Omniscient, by Devin Townsend
Album 1 (Genre(s)): Prog metal, Comedy
This album is a rock opera! It follows the adventures of the titular space alien, and his invasion of Earth.

Album 2 (Name and Band): Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor, by Caro Emerald
Album 2 (Genre(s)): Jazz, Swing, Pop
Album 2 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): This was the first album I recommended to my partner! I still stand by the recommendation.

Album 3 (Name and Band): Soapbox Heroes, by Enter the Haggis
Album 3 (Genre(s)): Celtic Indie Rock
Album 3 (Extra Information/Thoughts About the Album): I remembered a song from this band (although a different album) and worked for a good ten minutes to find them after forgetting for years. I think I was still on _Skype_ when I last listened to them! So, here we go. :) (Although I'd suggest listening to One Last Drink first, I think it's a better intro to the album.)
FR+3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24