Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is this normal or do I just suck
I am drawing the winners for my raffle and just...so many people don't answer. I understand life and time-zones. but is 24 hours a reasonable time before second ping or should it be like. 48 hours then second ping?

I've never done a raffle before. When I MYSELF am announced as a winner I am all over that. Do I just not have a life? Do I live on FR too much?

Is it normal for people to just not see pings?????

DO THEY NOT LIKE MY RAFFLE PRIZES??????
I am drawing the winners for my raffle and just...so many people don't answer. I understand life and time-zones. but is 24 hours a reasonable time before second ping or should it be like. 48 hours then second ping?

I've never done a raffle before. When I MYSELF am announced as a winner I am all over that. Do I just not have a life? Do I live on FR too much?

Is it normal for people to just not see pings?????

DO THEY NOT LIKE MY RAFFLE PRIZES??????
HzGpUHb.png
I've actually witnessed this before on Toyhouse - sometimes with raffles I enter the person who wins (not me usually, except for two times miraculously) doesn't respond so the raffle host has to reroll.

It is kind of annoying I have to admit especially because I rather wanted the prize, but then again people have lives outside of the internet and they might've just been busy or something. It depends.

So it's not just you! Dw haha.
I've actually witnessed this before on Toyhouse - sometimes with raffles I enter the person who wins (not me usually, except for two times miraculously) doesn't respond so the raffle host has to reroll.

It is kind of annoying I have to admit especially because I rather wanted the prize, but then again people have lives outside of the internet and they might've just been busy or something. It depends.

So it's not just you! Dw haha.
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
I'm sure your raffle prizes are fine! The reality is that people just get busy, even if they expect not to (/nm). It's also normal for pings to sometimes go unnoticed, or people will check them and forget to respond. Among other reasons! I'd personally give people 48 hours. That way you've covered each timezone and given lots of time in each!
I'm sure your raffle prizes are fine! The reality is that people just get busy, even if they expect not to (/nm). It's also normal for pings to sometimes go unnoticed, or people will check them and forget to respond. Among other reasons! I'd personally give people 48 hours. That way you've covered each timezone and given lots of time in each!
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
It’s definitely not just you! I’ve been running a raffle with daily draws since the beginning of the year, and the amount of people who haven’t responded is staggering. It’s like they posted on some giveaways then got bored of FR a few days later and disappeared forever haha. There have been a few instances of people being very busy with irl stuff and not responding for a few days (happens to all of us - sometimes 24 hours is simply not enough) but this is rare compared to the people who just straight up vanished.
I had to implement a new rule where I no longer choose people who are obviously inactive (aka no activity, starving dragons) because it was starting to drive me nuts lol
It’s definitely not just you! I’ve been running a raffle with daily draws since the beginning of the year, and the amount of people who haven’t responded is staggering. It’s like they posted on some giveaways then got bored of FR a few days later and disappeared forever haha. There have been a few instances of people being very busy with irl stuff and not responding for a few days (happens to all of us - sometimes 24 hours is simply not enough) but this is rare compared to the people who just straight up vanished.
I had to implement a new rule where I no longer choose people who are obviously inactive (aka no activity, starving dragons) because it was starting to drive me nuts lol
MUYNhfy.png
6mVFIuV.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
@Teg741 @Squidily @Flufferb

Oh thank goodness lol Thank you guys!

I'll bump it to 48 hours next time for sure, but I'm just glad it's not me :p
@Teg741 @Squidily @Flufferb

Oh thank goodness lol Thank you guys!

I'll bump it to 48 hours next time for sure, but I'm just glad it's not me :p
HzGpUHb.png
not just you. happened to me when I ran my raffle last summer too