Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Improve battlestone descriptions
Many battle stone descriptions are very vague. I think players (especially those who are newer) would benefit from a little more detail. You have to look through comments in the database, search for guides, or experiment with using various stones to figure out how things actually work. It's not easy to find any of the following information: - Whether use awards/costs Breath - Amount of Breath gained/lost when used - Duration of effects (in number of turns) - Magical or Physical damage - Stats that increase stone benefits It would be nice if all stones had descriptions on the level of Anticipate: [quote=Anticipate]The caster steels themselves, reducing the damage of attacks made against them [i]for the next turn[/i], and generating [i]15 Breath[/i] when hit.[/quote] Examples of suggested changes: [quote=Meditate]The caster will focus on the surrounding magical energies, generating [s]a large amount of[/s] [b]30[/b] Breath. Reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for [s]two[/s] [b]three[/b] turns.[/quote] [quote=Eliminate]A high damage deadly [b]physical[/b] attack that attempts to finish the opponent off. [b]Costs 35 breath, but[/b] refunds breath if the enemy dies.[/quote] [quote=Rally]The target becomes empowered with incredible vigor, increasing their Strength stat for [s]a short duration[/s] [b]5 turns[/b]. [b]User gains 5 breath when used.[/b][/quote] [quote=Frigid Bolt]A focused attack of several razor-sharp ice shards. [b]Costs 20 breath to deal magical[/b] Ice damage to one target. May only be used by ice dragons.[/quote] [quote=Contuse]Deals neutral magic damage and weakens the target, decreasing their offensive capabilities [b]for 5 turns[/b]. [b]Costs 18 breath to use.[/b][/quote]
Many battle stone descriptions are very vague. I think players (especially those who are newer) would benefit from a little more detail. You have to look through comments in the database, search for guides, or experiment with using various stones to figure out how things actually work. It's not easy to find any of the following information:

- Whether use awards/costs Breath
- Amount of Breath gained/lost when used
- Duration of effects (in number of turns)
- Magical or Physical damage
- Stats that increase stone benefits

It would be nice if all stones had descriptions on the level of Anticipate:
Anticipate wrote:
The caster steels themselves, reducing the damage of attacks made against them for the next turn, and generating 15 Breath when hit.

Examples of suggested changes:
Meditate wrote:
The caster will focus on the surrounding magical energies, generating a large amount of 30 Breath. Reduces physical damage dealt by 75% for two three turns.
Eliminate wrote:
A high damage deadly physical attack that attempts to finish the opponent off. Costs 35 breath, but refunds breath if the enemy dies.
Rally wrote:
The target becomes empowered with incredible vigor, increasing their Strength stat for a short duration 5 turns. User gains 5 breath when used.
Frigid Bolt wrote:
A focused attack of several razor-sharp ice shards. Costs 20 breath to deal magical Ice damage to one target. May only be used by ice dragons.
Contuse wrote:
Deals neutral magic damage and weakens the target, decreasing their offensive capabilities for 5 turns. Costs 18 breath to use.
Full support. It's so annoying having to go into the database and reading the comments to find all the numbers of the stones while hoping they're actually accurate.

Discipline also stating how it stacks (to 50% to generate 60 breath with one stone, and 75% to generate 60 breath with two, and no chance to generate more than 60 breath) would be nice. I had to clarify that not too long ago because it's not actually obvious

But yeah, as is the stone descriptions are nice to read, but horrible to understand.
Full support. It's so annoying having to go into the database and reading the comments to find all the numbers of the stones while hoping they're actually accurate.

Discipline also stating how it stacks (to 50% to generate 60 breath with one stone, and 75% to generate 60 breath with two, and no chance to generate more than 60 breath) would be nice. I had to clarify that not too long ago because it's not actually obvious

But yeah, as is the stone descriptions are nice to read, but horrible to understand.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Support! Clarity in the descriptions for battle stones would be so nice
Support! Clarity in the descriptions for battle stones would be so nice
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
Support. Coli is a foundational part of the site's economy through food drops, exclusive apparel, rare familiars and the exaltation mechanic. Being clearer about the function of battle stones right there in their descriptions would make them a lot more user-friendly for new players!
Support. Coli is a foundational part of the site's economy through food drops, exclusive apparel, rare familiars and the exaltation mechanic. Being clearer about the function of battle stones right there in their descriptions would make them a lot more user-friendly for new players!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Full support, the stones are really unclear and newbies are already having to deal with learning stuff like not statting evenly, this shouldn’t also be information they have to go searching for.
Full support, the stones are really unclear and newbies are already having to deal with learning stuff like not statting evenly, this shouldn’t also be information they have to go searching for.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
Support, the current descriptions are unclear and it's very easy to fix.
Support, the current descriptions are unclear and it's very easy to fix.
support. this would be an easy fix, descriptions are dug into to fix typos all the time.
support. this would be an easy fix, descriptions are dug into to fix typos all the time.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
Support, when I originally played FR years ago the descriptions never provided me any way to understand what was going on so it was either trial and error or just give up. It's sad that none of the descriptions have changed since then.
Support, when I originally played FR years ago the descriptions never provided me any way to understand what was going on so it was either trial and error or just give up. It's sad that none of the descriptions have changed since then.