Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Help Deciding - New Eye Type or Old?
I love my progenitor Loki, but I never liked his bright pink Arcane eyes, so I was overjoyed when we finally got eye types and I could Scattersight his eyes to Uncommon! He now looks like this: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56017][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/561/56017_350.png[/img][/url][/center] However, with the release of the Dark eye type, I'm torn. Loki's lore has a lot of Shadow-y trickster elements and Arcane Dark eyes are very similar to Shadow, so now I don't know whether to switch!! Here's what he'd look like with Dark eyes: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4411054&skin=3037&apparel=939,33507,47122,49103,466,950,948,469,945,8954,949,946&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [b]Which do I pick?[/b] Help me, Dragon Share Forum denizens, you're my only hope. [b]Tally:[/b] Old (Uncommon): || New (Dark:) | ----- ----- I discovered another dragon where I like both options. (Though both are new haha.) Loki's daughter Eisa: My first instinct was Dark: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4409795&skin=1614&apparel=12529,41113,933,922,739,322,5492,328,41114,46753&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] But then I tried Faded: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4411251&skin=1614&apparel=12529,41113,933,922,739,322,5492,328,41114,46753&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] And both are kind of great?! So I need help for her too! [b]Tally:[/b] Dark: Faded:
I love my progenitor Loki, but I never liked his bright pink Arcane eyes, so I was overjoyed when we finally got eye types and I could Scattersight his eyes to Uncommon! He now looks like this:
56017_350.png

However, with the release of the Dark eye type, I'm torn. Loki's lore has a lot of Shadow-y trickster elements and Arcane Dark eyes are very similar to Shadow, so now I don't know whether to switch!! Here's what he'd look like with Dark eyes:
scry?sdid=4411054&skin=3037&apparel=939,33507,47122,49103,466,950,948,469,945,8954,949,946&xt=dressing.png

Which do I pick? Help me, Dragon Share Forum denizens, you're my only hope.

Tally:
Old (Uncommon): ||
New (Dark:) |

I discovered another dragon where I like both options. (Though both are new haha.) Loki's daughter Eisa:

My first instinct was Dark:
scry?sdid=4409795&skin=1614&apparel=12529,41113,933,922,739,322,5492,328,41114,46753&xt=dressing.png

But then I tried Faded:
scry?sdid=4411251&skin=1614&apparel=12529,41113,933,922,739,322,5492,328,41114,46753&xt=dressing.png

And both are kind of great?! So I need help for her too!

Tally:
Dark:
Faded:
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
this is a tough call, but going purely off of personal preferences and the context for his lore, my vote is for Dark eyes! maybe it could add to his lore too, particularly if deceit is his thing, like dragons not being able to tell if he's Arcane or Shadow at first glance before he's gone?
this is a tough call, but going purely off of personal preferences and the context for his lore, my vote is for Dark eyes! maybe it could add to his lore too, particularly if deceit is his thing, like dragons not being able to tell if he's Arcane or Shadow at first glance before he's gone?
I read every reply I get, but I may not respond due to anxiety or forgetfulness. please bear with me!
WI1HIHE.gif
Hmm… It’s a tough choice! I think for me, personally, I’d keep his current eye type. I like the contrast a little better—it’s easier to see that the eyes are there.
Hmm… It’s a tough choice! I think for me, personally, I’d keep his current eye type. I like the contrast a little better—it’s easier to see that the eyes are there.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
Ooooh this is difficult... I think uncommon, cause dark ends up blending into his skin and kind of disappearing
Ooooh this is difficult... I think uncommon, cause dark ends up blending into his skin and kind of disappearing
3delmj.png
@shybones Thank you! Ooo that is interesting potential lore, I quite like the idea of others not being able to tell if he's Arcane or Shadow, hmmm ...!

@ThatOneRose & @CherryJasper Thank you both as well! I see what you mean about the contrast, that is something to consider as well as the Dark might be a little lost ... plenty to think about!
@shybones Thank you! Ooo that is interesting potential lore, I quite like the idea of others not being able to tell if he's Arcane or Shadow, hmmm ...!

@ThatOneRose & @CherryJasper Thank you both as well! I see what you mean about the contrast, that is something to consider as well as the Dark might be a little lost ... plenty to think about!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
I still need help making a decision ...
I still need help making a decision ...
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Eisa is so pretty!! for her, Faded has my vote. it helps bring attention to her face and looks nice against her emblem and the belly of her skin imo!
also very happy I could throw out an idea for Loki's lore!! :D
Eisa is so pretty!! for her, Faded has my vote. it helps bring attention to her face and looks nice against her emblem and the belly of her skin imo!
also very happy I could throw out an idea for Loki's lore!! :D
I read every reply I get, but I may not respond due to anxiety or forgetfulness. please bear with me!
WI1HIHE.gif