Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | songs that are too sad to listen to
1 2 3 4 5 6
yknow those real visceral ones that leave you sobbing every time? for me its gone away - five finger death punch (its a cover but honestly i like this version better) and finally free - korn. the entirety of the nothing album from korn is a super tough listen

also decima and old heart falls from katatonia
yknow those real visceral ones that leave you sobbing every time? for me its gone away - five finger death punch (its a cover but honestly i like this version better) and finally free - korn. the entirety of the nothing album from korn is a super tough listen

also decima and old heart falls from katatonia
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
“True Colors” cover version by Justin Timberlake & Anna Kendrick (originally by Cyndi Lauper)

I never expected a song from a DreamWorks Trolls movie, of all things, to hit so emotionally hard… Although, in my own defense, I associate the song with different fictional characters since I didn’t actually watch the movie lol

“True Colors” cover version by Justin Timberlake & Anna Kendrick (originally by Cyndi Lauper)

I never expected a song from a DreamWorks Trolls movie, of all things, to hit so emotionally hard… Although, in my own defense, I associate the song with different fictional characters since I didn’t actually watch the movie lol

6nI5sr3.png Arcane-Network.png
major tom (coming home) by peter schilling made me cry the first time i listened to it and im not sure why??? but anyways i play putting the dog to sleep by the antlers on if i need some catharsis, i know they get dunked on but burst apart and hospice mean a lot to me idk not everyone can express their difficult emotions in a way that everyone likes or respects.

the part that sticks with me is:

You can't keep running out
Kicking yourself off the bed
Kicking yourself in the head
Because you're kicking me too

like goddamn...
major tom (coming home) by peter schilling made me cry the first time i listened to it and im not sure why??? but anyways i play putting the dog to sleep by the antlers on if i need some catharsis, i know they get dunked on but burst apart and hospice mean a lot to me idk not everyone can express their difficult emotions in a way that everyone likes or respects.

the part that sticks with me is:

You can't keep running out
Kicking yourself off the bed
Kicking yourself in the head
Because you're kicking me too

like goddamn...
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
A little niche but Gran Torino by Clint Eastwood and Jaime Cullum. After watching the movie and hearing that? Waterworks have turned on
A little niche but Gran Torino by Clint Eastwood and Jaime Cullum. After watching the movie and hearing that? Waterworks have turned on
?cXDdX=party.pngytkEBod.png
Both Meant to Stay Hid by SYML and Jetfuel by Jelani Aryeh always make me VERY emotional (in the greatest way!)
Both Meant to Stay Hid by SYML and Jetfuel by Jelani Aryeh always make me VERY emotional (in the greatest way!)
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png
oh no i found another one

He is We - I Wouldn't Mind
oh no i found another one

He is We - I Wouldn't Mind
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Guardian by Aether Realm makes me cry every time.
Guardian by Aether Realm makes me cry every time.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
For me it's The War Still Rages Within from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I'm not a person who can cry from listening to emotional music, but I'll be honest, this one almost made me tear up a bit. A rare example of a song that emotionally drains you in the beginning, showing that all the things in the world are hopeless and you can't really do anything about it, and then just giving you the insane boost of determination saying that despite all the difficulties you can still change your fate and maybe the fate of others.

But the song that actually left me with a lake of tears was His Theme from Undertale, especially its version from True Pacifist route's "The End" screen, where it's a bit slowed down. Maybe that's because for me Undertale is one of those majestic experiences that still give me the faith in humanity and kindness.
For me it's The War Still Rages Within from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I'm not a person who can cry from listening to emotional music, but I'll be honest, this one almost made me tear up a bit. A rare example of a song that emotionally drains you in the beginning, showing that all the things in the world are hopeless and you can't really do anything about it, and then just giving you the insane boost of determination saying that despite all the difficulties you can still change your fate and maybe the fate of others.

But the song that actually left me with a lake of tears was His Theme from Undertale, especially its version from True Pacifist route's "The End" screen, where it's a bit slowed down. Maybe that's because for me Undertale is one of those majestic experiences that still give me the faith in humanity and kindness.
5BsilZ9.png
SRsfBYm.png
jgeciGJ.png
ll0CfnD.png
0bMlzCz.png
X4p2jRx.png
WQA384m.png
Knuckles White Dry,” by Gang of Youths is about a couple grappling with cancer, one that would ultimately prove fatal. The raw grief between the two and the desire to live in the moment because the moment may be all there is feels devastating.

”And you haven't changed much or nearly enough
But I scream at your chest for as long as I trust
That it hears me
Do you think it hears me?”
Knuckles White Dry,” by Gang of Youths is about a couple grappling with cancer, one that would ultimately prove fatal. The raw grief between the two and the desire to live in the moment because the moment may be all there is feels devastating.

”And you haven't changed much or nearly enough
But I scream at your chest for as long as I trust
That it hears me
Do you think it hears me?”
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Jenny by Nothing More. I don't have any personal connection to the song, that chorus is just too raw.
Jenny by Nothing More. I don't have any personal connection to the song, that chorus is just too raw.
1 2 3 4 5 6