Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | songs that are too sad to listen to
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm going to limit myself to just a few since I have a lot of personal connections to sad songs in my life that I'd rather not share (and I'll drop half of Mitski's discography if not stopped.)

easy by waveform. a gentle but somber one seemingly describing a toxic relationship. Impostor Syndrome by Sidney Gish, a song about social anxiety and the effects of self-isolation (in my opinion), The Shrine/An Argument by Fleet Foxes, a rather abstract one that becomes darker and sadder as it goes on.
I'm going to limit myself to just a few since I have a lot of personal connections to sad songs in my life that I'd rather not share (and I'll drop half of Mitski's discography if not stopped.)

easy by waveform. a gentle but somber one seemingly describing a toxic relationship. Impostor Syndrome by Sidney Gish, a song about social anxiety and the effects of self-isolation (in my opinion), The Shrine/An Argument by Fleet Foxes, a rather abstract one that becomes darker and sadder as it goes on.
Bella, She/They pronouns.Jd88XNq.pngrix3ppo.png56yqAPu.png
jFZJEcu.png
VM39ro9.pngVTkpAoK.png7JGkQEh.pngy1CAqnl.pngS6lBAgf.png
For a while I could not listen to Where Is My Mind by Pixies because the ending of Fight Club.

AlsoMad World by Gary Jules because of Donnie Darko and how insanely melancholy the movie made me. I could not listen to this song for years.

And the entire soundtrack of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because that movie wrecked me.
For a while I could not listen to Where Is My Mind by Pixies because the ending of Fight Club.

AlsoMad World by Gary Jules because of Donnie Darko and how insanely melancholy the movie made me. I could not listen to this song for years.

And the entire soundtrack of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because that movie wrecked me.
Yandet-rowan.gif
she/they
ping me!
1fiscod.png
(click me!)
My number one cry song is Saturn from Sleeping At Last, it hits just right (or wrong depending on how you look at it). Despite crying when listening to it, I do love it. And sometimes you just need a good cry.
My number one cry song is Saturn from Sleeping At Last, it hits just right (or wrong depending on how you look at it). Despite crying when listening to it, I do love it. And sometimes you just need a good cry.
P5dRHZ6.png
I have a few playlists full of songs that make me reeeeallly emotional so I will share a few here.

The biggest one is probably So You Are Tired by Sufjan Stevens. Long story short I SOBBED the first time I heard it and also several times after. It hits right in the part of my broken heart that my ex left behind.

The next is Sound The Bugle by Bryan Adams from the Spirit soundtrack. BROOO this song has made me cry before because it reminds me that even when everything feels empty and wrong, "you're a soldier, now, fighting in a battle, to be free once more, yeah, that's worth fighting for." YUP right in the feels.

The next is Who Knew by P!nk. I always imagine my past self thinking that every new person who I loved would be there forever, but also how they have all left in some way or another. Some were slow, drawn out ends with no distinct "end" point, just a fizzle, and some were very abrupt, throwing me out the front door to fend for myself in the rain. Yup.

A few honorable mentions are Talk - Kodaline, Everybody Hates Me - The Chainsmokers, The Night We Met - Lord Huron, Dancing With Your Ghost - Sasha Sloan, I Found - Amber Run, Affection - Amber Run, I Love You - Billie Eilish, this is me trying - Taylor Swift, Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez, and Montage - Bares.

And many more tbh, but yeah. I can actually listen to all of these though it's not like any is off limits for being too sad, but some of them get me IN MY FEELS pretty much instantly.
I have a few playlists full of songs that make me reeeeallly emotional so I will share a few here.

The biggest one is probably So You Are Tired by Sufjan Stevens. Long story short I SOBBED the first time I heard it and also several times after. It hits right in the part of my broken heart that my ex left behind.

The next is Sound The Bugle by Bryan Adams from the Spirit soundtrack. BROOO this song has made me cry before because it reminds me that even when everything feels empty and wrong, "you're a soldier, now, fighting in a battle, to be free once more, yeah, that's worth fighting for." YUP right in the feels.

The next is Who Knew by P!nk. I always imagine my past self thinking that every new person who I loved would be there forever, but also how they have all left in some way or another. Some were slow, drawn out ends with no distinct "end" point, just a fizzle, and some were very abrupt, throwing me out the front door to fend for myself in the rain. Yup.

A few honorable mentions are Talk - Kodaline, Everybody Hates Me - The Chainsmokers, The Night We Met - Lord Huron, Dancing With Your Ghost - Sasha Sloan, I Found - Amber Run, Affection - Amber Run, I Love You - Billie Eilish, this is me trying - Taylor Swift, Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez, and Montage - Bares.

And many more tbh, but yeah. I can actually listen to all of these though it's not like any is off limits for being too sad, but some of them get me IN MY FEELS pretty much instantly.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
[quote name="Flufferb" date="2024-04-05 01:23:12" ] I don't really get this anymore, but I remember a while back I used to cry whenever I listened to 'Say Something' by A Great Big World. Yeah. I think it might've been because I had a weird phase where I only watched Animal Jam music videos rather than actual music videos, and I watched an AJMV to Say Something that was sad, but idk [/quote] I used to love it too, but for different reasons Now it's "Before You Go" -Lewis Capaldi. It's about his aunt and it's just really sad lyrics mixed with his good singing that makes it the top one for me
Flufferb wrote on 2024-04-05 01:23:12:
I don't really get this anymore, but I remember a while back I used to cry whenever I listened to 'Say Something' by A Great Big World. Yeah.

I think it might've been because I had a weird phase where I only watched Animal Jam music videos rather than actual music videos, and I watched an AJMV to Say Something that was sad, but idk

I used to love it too, but for different reasons

Now it's "Before You Go" -Lewis Capaldi. It's about his aunt and it's just really sad lyrics mixed with his good singing that makes it the top one for me
"Thou has undone our mother.

Villain, I have done thy mother."

-Shakespeare
Shelter by Porter Robinson & Madeon

mostly the video though, it makes me cry every time so I don't watch it often lmao

also the Howl's Moving Castle theme song, for some reason it's profoundly sad to me
Shelter by Porter Robinson & Madeon

mostly the video though, it makes me cry every time so I don't watch it often lmao

also the Howl's Moving Castle theme song, for some reason it's profoundly sad to me
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
i thought "under you" by foo fighters was a great song until i found out that it's about their recently deceased drummer. considering foo fighters was basically the first concert i saw after grieving major losses... damn. the song makes me think of them too.
i thought "under you" by foo fighters was a great song until i found out that it's about their recently deceased drummer. considering foo fighters was basically the first concert i saw after grieving major losses... damn. the song makes me think of them too.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
Oh boy, I have several.

My Woman, My Woman, My Wife by Marty Robbins

It makes me think of Flint and Hinawa from Mother 3 and also my own girlfriend and I get very weepy eyed when I think of how much love and how much grief there is in the singer's remembrance of his wife. Ough..Flint Mother 3 Save Me Flint Mother 3..........

Insel by Mantus

This one is in German, which I do not speak, but someone made an animation of SIGNALIS to that song and it fits so well and I can't help but think of the tragedy of the space lesbians

Will update as I think of more songs
Oh boy, I have several.

My Woman, My Woman, My Wife by Marty Robbins

It makes me think of Flint and Hinawa from Mother 3 and also my own girlfriend and I get very weepy eyed when I think of how much love and how much grief there is in the singer's remembrance of his wife. Ough..Flint Mother 3 Save Me Flint Mother 3..........

Insel by Mantus

This one is in German, which I do not speak, but someone made an animation of SIGNALIS to that song and it fits so well and I can't help but think of the tragedy of the space lesbians

Will update as I think of more songs
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
Daddy by Korn
It's very triggering but it's downright depressing, so please be careful listening to it.
Daddy by Korn
It's very triggering but it's downright depressing, so please be careful listening to it.
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
Who Wants to Live Forever? By Queen.

It's the song that played at my dad's funeral and I refuse to listen to it again.
Who Wants to Live Forever? By Queen.

It's the song that played at my dad's funeral and I refuse to listen to it again.
Yt4sddf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6