Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New snek just dropped (with style)
1 2 3
[quote name="@Seraitsukara" date="2024-03-24 11:20:07" ] Dumb question, what is meant by "alt text"? The tooltip text doesn't mention the snake's species. [/quote] alt text stands for alternative text, which is text that appears when you hover over an image! It's mainly used to tell the user what the image is in case it doesn't load. People with screenreaders also use these to know what's on the screen if they have a hard time seeing So I'm guessing staff described the snake outright in the alt text of the familiar image
@Seraitsukara wrote on 2024-03-24 11:20:07:
Dumb question, what is meant by "alt text"? The tooltip text doesn't mention the snake's species.

alt text stands for alternative text, which is text that appears when you hover over an image! It's mainly used to tell the user what the image is in case it doesn't load. People with screenreaders also use these to know what's on the screen if they have a hard time seeing

So I'm guessing staff described the snake outright in the alt text of the familiar image
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
[quote name="Dragonfire546" date="2024-03-24 11:32:10" ] [quote name="@Seraitsukara" date="2024-03-24 11:20:07" ] Dumb question, what is meant by "alt text"? The tooltip text doesn't mention the snake's species. [/quote] alt text stands for alternative text, which is text that appears when you hover over an image! It's mainly used to tell the user what the image is in case it doesn't load. People with screenreaders also use these to know what's on the screen if they have a hard time seeing So I'm guessing staff described the snake outright in the alt text of the familiar image [/quote] It's actually described in the header for the announcement post. Hover your mouse over the announcement header, and it'll display a box of text similar to a tooltip which tells you everything in the image, including the species of snake.
Dragonfire546 wrote on 2024-03-24 11:32:10:
@Seraitsukara wrote on 2024-03-24 11:20:07:
Dumb question, what is meant by "alt text"? The tooltip text doesn't mention the snake's species.

alt text stands for alternative text, which is text that appears when you hover over an image! It's mainly used to tell the user what the image is in case it doesn't load. People with screenreaders also use these to know what's on the screen if they have a hard time seeing

So I'm guessing staff described the snake outright in the alt text of the familiar image

It's actually described in the header for the announcement post. Hover your mouse over the announcement header, and it'll display a box of text similar to a tooltip which tells you everything in the image, including the species of snake.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
ts really cool but the colors give me a headache :( dunno why something with the colors
ts really cool but the colors give me a headache :( dunno why something with the colors
Chaos.
For months I was wondering if they were gonna go with a Paradise Tree Snake for MistJam, but it's been ages since I last saw a video or photo of one, so for a moment I thought it was a Garter or even a Ribbon Snake.

Glad they decided to go with this idea!
For months I was wondering if they were gonna go with a Paradise Tree Snake for MistJam, but it's been ages since I last saw a video or photo of one, so for a moment I thought it was a Garter or even a Ribbon Snake.

Glad they decided to go with this idea!
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
I’m super happy about the new snake fam being a paradise tree snake since they’re one of my favourites :)
I’m super happy about the new snake fam being a paradise tree snake since they’re one of my favourites :)
Untitled176_20240418173544.png Don’t mind me.
I'm gonna miss the snakes once we get new fest fams in June!
I'm gonna miss the snakes once we get new fest fams in June!
BoVzcWO.gif
I love them
cute n colorful noodle
I love them
cute n colorful noodle
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
Are these the ones that fly by slithering in the air and it looks real stupid
Are these the ones that fly by slithering in the air and it looks real stupid
iO2X60T.png
Fingers crossed for a Sea Krait for water. Love the snake diversity in fests this year
Fingers crossed for a Sea Krait for water. Love the snake diversity in fests this year
I was wondering what kind of snake it was based on, thats so cool!!
I was wondering what kind of snake it was based on, thats so cool!!
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png
1 2 3