Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | KitC (discussion - waitlist open!)
1 2 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766
@TrueTerror Hello! This is your 48 hour warning to vote! Be sure to vote within the next two days, or else receive an inactivity strike.
@TrueTerror Hello! This is your 48 hour warning to vote! Be sure to vote within the next two days, or else receive an inactivity strike.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@KingJava123456 Hello there! Just a reminder for the future, be sure to put your roleplay and vote on the same post to avoid double-posting. [quote="Rules"]No posting more than one post in a row, applies to both Main and Discussion threads.[/quote]
@KingJava123456 Hello there! Just a reminder for the future, be sure to put your roleplay and vote on the same post to avoid double-posting.

Rules wrote:
No posting more than one post in a row, applies to both Main and Discussion threads.
sz13nwR.png
Witness clues!
Night 1: The poisoned cereal was full of purple and green leaves.
Night 2: The Killer easily avoided the glass shards by Tenebriel’s door.
May I be added to the waitlist?
Witness clues!
Night 1: The poisoned cereal was full of purple and green leaves.
May I be added to the waitlist?
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
[center][quote=Voting][size=5][b][emoji=scroll 2 size=1]Day #3 Votes[emoji=scroll 2 size=1][/b][/size] ----- [b]Tenebriel[/b] votes for [b]Asahi[/b] [b]Tequit[/b] votes for [b]Asahi[/b] [b]Asahi[/b] votes for [b]Chara[/b] [b]Aren[/b] votes for [b]Asahi[/b] [b]Chara[/b] votes for [b]Asahi[/b] [b]Sterling[/b] votes for [b]Chara[/b] [b]Shade[/b] votes for [b]Chara[/b] [b]Thunderdancer[/b] votes for [b]Aren[/b] [b]Holly[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Laurent[/b] votes for [b]Asahi[/b] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [b]Chara:[/b] 3 votes [b]Laurent:[/b] 1 vote [b]Asahi:[/b] 5 votes [b]Aren:[/b] 1 vote [/quote][/center]
Voting wrote:
Day #3 Votes
Tenebriel votes for Asahi

Tequit votes for Asahi

Asahi votes for Chara

Aren votes for Asahi

Chara votes for Asahi

Sterling votes for Chara

Shade votes for Chara

Thunderdancer votes for Aren

Holly votes for Laurent

Laurent votes for Asahi

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chara: 3 votes
Laurent: 1 vote
Asahi: 5 votes
Aren: 1 vote
sz13nwR.png
@Starwindrider @TrueTerror @SunSprite @AutumnFall123 @Scorisyn @Storia @KingJava123456 @nameofuser

Hello all! This is your 48 hour warning to vote. Please post your votes in the roleplay thread soon, on the same post as at least ten words of roleplay. Thank you!
@Starwindrider @TrueTerror @SunSprite @AutumnFall123 @Scorisyn @Storia @KingJava123456 @nameofuser

Hello all! This is your 48 hour warning to vote. Please post your votes in the roleplay thread soon, on the same post as at least ten words of roleplay. Thank you!
sz13nwR.png
[b]Tequit[/b]: His garden is definitely a viable source for the tarp and everything else. However, Tequit being unable to enter thresholds is probably one of the bigger reasons he’s not being looked at as much right now. That may just be a mistake, since the definition of “threshold” is: [quote]a strip of wood, metal, or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house or room.[/quote] This definition specifically excludes windows. So it is entirely possible that Tequit could open a window and enter in order to perform a kill inside the home. However, of course, it’s specified that in Kill 1, the door was already unlocked to CheapCereal’s home. Unless Tequit hopped in the window and then unlocked the door, I don’t suspect him too much. Still, I’d keep him in mind because it isn’t impossible. [b]Asahi[/b]: My only option at the moment, and by now I am especially suspicious of her. I don’t think Tuna tried to defend Asahi nearly as much, but I will admit that the cards are very stacked against Asahi and there’s not much of a defense. I’m solely going off a Vibe here, but I don’t think Asahi is Vengeful. Another note: Glenda and Eden have been specified to have left NOTHING behind when they left, which clues me in further to Asahi using her own poison stores, because she may just be the only dragon who knows how to use it. To be honest? Asahi fits every one of these kills. She fits Kill 1 easiest; sneak in, drop some poison into the cereal, run off. Kill 2 is a bit more debatable. Asahi has been specified to be weak, so a physical confrontation wouldn’t be much her style. (However her form doesn’t specify that she is physically weak. She does seem quite adept at cutting and slicing, being a surgeon, according to her form.) [quote]While her main job does involve cutting and slicing, she's also trained for psychology and therapy,[/quote] I argue this point for Kill 2: perhaps Asahi was relying on the poison in the glass shards to weaken Tenebriel considerably, which it seemed to be doing quite well. She might attempt to hide in the cavern and then surprise kill Tenebriel. As for old Twizzy and Kill 3, I’ve already pointed out that Asahi would be able to specifically obtain innards. They likely weren’t Twizzy sized, though; I thought so at first but no one is Twizzy sized, so Asahi wouldn’t have a difficult time flying the gory bits up to the branches. Besides, she would also be very used to the sight of such gore and therefore wouldn’t be repulsed at all by doing it. Asahi would also know how to deal with snake venom; I imagine she’d possibly have to deal with a bitten dragon in the past. If she did randomly find a snake pit out in the wild, she’d likely know how to use it to her advantage and not be bitten. (I also present another thing: cobra spit. It’s possible that these opal cobras could also spit venom. Although that’s not mentioned in the kill or on FR, so I’d take that with a grain of salt.) Unfortunately, there is also a chance for her to be a clan role, or a civilian, and I’m quite nervous about that chance. Still, I’d prefer exiling Asahi sooner than later, so she’s at the top of my suspect list. [b]Aren[/b]: I have a strong feeling it isn’t him. The cruelty in the last kill, especially given that these are animal parts and Aren seems to only do what is necessary (to feed his cats) I don’t think he would go to such measures. It seems far too extreme for him to do. [b]Chara[/b]: My precious lady. I don’t think there’s any point for me to make a defense, but I do have one point: Why on earth would I kill Twizzler if Chara and Twizzy had been feuding the ENTIRE game? It’d only get more fingers pointed at me. Besides that, I’m not going to defend myself because I think town will be better off with me exiled. But yall. Exile Asahi next. I beg. [b]Sterling[/b]: A little weak stinky (he stinks of nepotism). I have very few opinions on him because I personally think Sterling would never be able to pull off such detailed kills. Besides, his obsession with ?aesthetics? means that he likely wouldn’t consider animal parts very aesthetic and lovely either. Out of all of the kills, Kill 1 most seems like him, to be honest, but the rest just don’t fit him. Even still, I have a hard time believing an aged-up toddler would know how to break into a house. Poison? He’s the last dragon in this clan who would know the difference between poison and grass. (I fooled you; this is not a read of Sterling, just paragraphs of slander /hj) However, there’s a chance he could be killer, because skill issues in every single area of life but wardrobe design seem like the perfect cover. Though among other things, I do believe that he has never seen a tarp in his life, therefore his chances of being killer are severely reduced. I simply don’t suspect him. [b]Holly[/b]: My first point towards Holly not being killer is that she is magically powerful but also frail. The kills seem to indicate the opposite, but as I’ve pointed out it’s still possible to have a frail killer. Didn’t the killer need a spell scroll? That is by no means something Holly would need, in my opinion. Besides, it’d be difficult for Holly to spread a trail of produce without rotting it. Sure, plague might be associated with gore, but unlike Chara, Holly doesn’t seem to be nearly as happy with gore. [quote]She tries her best to align herself with the Plaguebringer's wishes, but she finds herself racked with guilt when she hurts others.[/quote] Due to this, I highly doubt Holly is the killer. [b]Shade[/b]: There is a very small chance that Shade is somehow killer, but there is far more of a chance that Shade is killer faction. It feels so much like minion, and I’d be lying if I said Essence’s tinfoil on Chara, perfectly matching up with Asahi’s tinfoil on Chara didn’t play a part in this read. So I’d be very wary of Shade and especially interactions with Asahi/other suspects for killer. I’d especially not discount this due to Essence’s killer faction streak; there is no smaller chance that someone who rolled killer and minion relatively recently can obtain those roles again. [b]ThunderDancer[/b]: To be honest, ThunderDancer’s form and roleplays are very sparse, so I’d be relying most on meta for this read, and my own experience. The longer someone is in KITC or mafia in general, the more absolutely unhinged they’re likely to be as killer. I’d be more suspicious of ThunderDancer if the kills weren’t this complex, beginning with Kill 2 onward. I’d be more likely to pick kills like strangling, other commonly known kill methods, and especially not with this level of complexity, which suggests a more experienced player to me. I also don’t see ThunderDancer as killer faction due to the sparse roleplays and interactions, but Vengeful is always on the table. Lastly, I have noticed someone (not sure who) bring up the Banescale spike cereal, something that was in one of ThunderDancer’s roleplays. I wouldn’t consider that very canon, it seems a bit more like pointing towards ThunderDancer’s warrior status to me. Besides, that doesn’t relate too much to the kills, which have all involved poison, not brutal combat. TLDR: I don’t suspect ThunderDancer for these kills. [b]Laurent[/b]: This will be complicated, so: the points against Laurent are mostly his MC energy and that the universe revolves around him. I see how that might make him a suspect, since that means Laurent could feasibly pull off just about any kill. In fact, who’s to say the universe won’t gift him a sudden knowledge of every single poison to grace the lands of Sornieth? (Laurent’s form does say that, however.) There are certain barriers to Laurent’s MC energy enabling just about every kill in the book: First, there are barriers listed in detail in his form, and they don’t seem easily bypassed. [quote]this will [i]never[/i] impose on another dragon’s will without some immediate, desperate need from Laurent. Like, life or death desperate, not “I really, really want this” desperate.[/quote] Laurent is likely not in danger every night, which seems to be the only way to enable easy murder. Still, ignoring his Chosen One-ness, he probably wouldn’t be that skilled at knowing poisons, but he is average at combat, which means he might be confident enough to fight Tenebriel in close combat during Kill 2. It’s worth mentioning that NameOfUser is very eager to defend Laurent, which is likely quite normal, but also makes me think that Laurent might have a clan role. Or, simply that Laurent is killer, but right now I’m doubting that a bit.
Tequit: His garden is definitely a viable source for the tarp and everything else. However, Tequit being unable to enter thresholds is probably one of the bigger reasons he’s not being looked at as much right now. That may just be a mistake, since the definition of “threshold” is:
Quote:
a strip of wood, metal, or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house or room.
This definition specifically excludes windows. So it is entirely possible that Tequit could open a window and enter in order to perform a kill inside the home.
However, of course, it’s specified that in Kill 1, the door was already unlocked to CheapCereal’s home. Unless Tequit hopped in the window and then unlocked the door, I don’t suspect him too much. Still, I’d keep him in mind because it isn’t impossible.

Asahi: My only option at the moment, and by now I am especially suspicious of her. I don’t think Tuna tried to defend Asahi nearly as much, but I will admit that the cards are very stacked against Asahi and there’s not much of a defense. I’m solely going off a Vibe here, but I don’t think Asahi is Vengeful. Another note: Glenda and Eden have been specified to have left NOTHING behind when they left, which clues me in further to Asahi using her own poison stores, because she may just be the only dragon who knows how to use it. To be honest? Asahi fits every one of these kills. She fits Kill 1 easiest; sneak in, drop some poison into the cereal, run off. Kill 2 is a bit more debatable. Asahi has been specified to be weak, so a physical confrontation wouldn’t be much her style. (However her form doesn’t specify that she is physically weak. She does seem quite adept at cutting and slicing, being a surgeon, according to her form.)
Quote:
While her main job does involve cutting and slicing, she's also trained for psychology and therapy,
I argue this point for Kill 2: perhaps Asahi was relying on the poison in the glass shards to weaken Tenebriel considerably, which it seemed to be doing quite well. She might attempt to hide in the cavern and then surprise kill Tenebriel.
As for old Twizzy and Kill 3, I’ve already pointed out that Asahi would be able to specifically obtain innards. They likely weren’t Twizzy sized, though; I thought so at first but no one is Twizzy sized, so Asahi wouldn’t have a difficult time flying the gory bits up to the branches. Besides, she would also be very used to the sight of such gore and therefore wouldn’t be repulsed at all by doing it. Asahi would also know how to deal with snake venom; I imagine she’d possibly have to deal with a bitten dragon in the past. If she did randomly find a snake pit out in the wild, she’d likely know how to use it to her advantage and not be bitten. (I also present another thing: cobra spit. It’s possible that these opal cobras could also spit venom. Although that’s not mentioned in the kill or on FR, so I’d take that with a grain of salt.) Unfortunately, there is also a chance for her to be a clan role, or a civilian, and I’m quite nervous about that chance. Still, I’d prefer exiling Asahi sooner than later, so she’s at the top of my suspect list.

Aren: I have a strong feeling it isn’t him. The cruelty in the last kill, especially given that these are animal parts and Aren seems to only do what is necessary (to feed his cats) I don’t think he would go to such measures. It seems far too extreme for him to do.

Chara: My precious lady. I don’t think there’s any point for me to make a defense, but I do have one point: Why on earth would I kill Twizzler if Chara and Twizzy had been feuding the ENTIRE game? It’d only get more fingers pointed at me. Besides that, I’m not going to defend myself because I think town will be better off with me exiled. But yall. Exile Asahi next. I beg.

Sterling: A little weak stinky (he stinks of nepotism). I have very few opinions on him because I personally think Sterling would never be able to pull off such detailed kills. Besides, his obsession with ?aesthetics? means that he likely wouldn’t consider animal parts very aesthetic and lovely either. Out of all of the kills, Kill 1 most seems like him, to be honest, but the rest just don’t fit him. Even still, I have a hard time believing an aged-up toddler would know how to break into a house. Poison? He’s the last dragon in this clan who would know the difference between poison and grass. (I fooled you; this is not a read of Sterling, just paragraphs of slander /hj) However, there’s a chance he could be killer, because skill issues in every single area of life but wardrobe design seem like the perfect cover. Though among other things, I do believe that he has never seen a tarp in his life, therefore his chances of being killer are severely reduced. I simply don’t suspect him.

Holly: My first point towards Holly not being killer is that she is magically powerful but also frail. The kills seem to indicate the opposite, but as I’ve pointed out it’s still possible to have a frail killer. Didn’t the killer need a spell scroll? That is by no means something Holly would need, in my opinion. Besides, it’d be difficult for Holly to spread a trail of produce without rotting it. Sure, plague might be associated with gore, but unlike Chara, Holly doesn’t seem to be nearly as happy with gore.
Quote:
She tries her best to align herself with the Plaguebringer's wishes, but she finds herself racked with guilt when she hurts others.
Due to this, I highly doubt Holly is the killer.

Shade: There is a very small chance that Shade is somehow killer, but there is far more of a chance that Shade is killer faction. It feels so much like minion, and I’d be lying if I said Essence’s tinfoil on Chara, perfectly matching up with Asahi’s tinfoil on Chara didn’t play a part in this read. So I’d be very wary of Shade and especially interactions with Asahi/other suspects for killer. I’d especially not discount this due to Essence’s killer faction streak; there is no smaller chance that someone who rolled killer and minion relatively recently can obtain those roles again.

ThunderDancer: To be honest, ThunderDancer’s form and roleplays are very sparse, so I’d be relying most on meta for this read, and my own experience. The longer someone is in KITC or mafia in general, the more absolutely unhinged they’re likely to be as killer. I’d be more suspicious of ThunderDancer if the kills weren’t this complex, beginning with Kill 2 onward. I’d be more likely to pick kills like strangling, other commonly known kill methods, and especially not with this level of complexity, which suggests a more experienced player to me. I also don’t see ThunderDancer as killer faction due to the sparse roleplays and interactions, but Vengeful is always on the table. Lastly, I have noticed someone (not sure who) bring up the Banescale spike cereal, something that was in one of ThunderDancer’s roleplays. I wouldn’t consider that very canon, it seems a bit more like pointing towards ThunderDancer’s warrior status to me. Besides, that doesn’t relate too much to the kills, which have all involved poison, not brutal combat. TLDR: I don’t suspect ThunderDancer for these kills.

Laurent: This will be complicated, so: the points against Laurent are mostly his MC energy and that the universe revolves around him. I see how that might make him a suspect, since that means Laurent could feasibly pull off just about any kill. In fact, who’s to say the universe won’t gift him a sudden knowledge of every single poison to grace the lands of Sornieth? (Laurent’s form does say that, however.)
There are certain barriers to Laurent’s MC energy enabling just about every kill in the book:
First, there are barriers listed in detail in his form, and they don’t seem easily bypassed.
Quote:
this will never impose on another dragon’s will without some immediate, desperate need from Laurent. Like, life or death desperate, not “I really, really want this” desperate.
Laurent is likely not in danger every night, which seems to be the only way to enable easy murder.
Still, ignoring his Chosen One-ness, he probably wouldn’t be that skilled at knowing poisons, but he is average at combat, which means he might be confident enough to fight Tenebriel in close combat during Kill 2.
It’s worth mentioning that NameOfUser is very eager to defend Laurent, which is likely quite normal, but also makes me think that Laurent might have a clan role. Or, simply that Laurent is killer, but right now I’m doubting that a bit.
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
[center][quote=Voting][size=5][b][emoji=scroll 2 size=1]Day #4 Votes[emoji=scroll 2 size=1][/b][/size] ----- [b]Tenebriel[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Tequit[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Chara[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Sterling[/b] votes for [b]Chara[/b] [b]Shade[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Thunderdancer[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Holly[/b] votes for [b]Laurent[/b] [b]Laurent[/b] votes for [b]... Laurent?[/b] ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [b]Laurent:[/b] 7 votes [b]Chara:[/b] 1 vote [/quote][/center]
Voting wrote:
Day #4 Votes
Tenebriel votes for Laurent

Tequit votes for Laurent

Chara votes for Laurent

Sterling votes for Chara

Shade votes for Laurent

Thunderdancer votes for Laurent

Holly votes for Laurent

Laurent votes for ... Laurent?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laurent: 7 votes
Chara: 1 vote
sz13nwR.png
Hello! May i join the next available round, please? ^^
DD-left-20240209193054.pngAbout-me-Lmid-20240209193045.pngWishlist-Rmid-20240209193036.pngSale-Right-20240209192751.png
[quote name="AutumnFall123" date="2024-04-02 20:45:12" ] Hello! May i join the next available round, please? ^^ [/quote] @JellyRaven
AutumnFall123 wrote on 2024-04-02 20:45:12:

@JellyRaven
sz13nwR.png
[size=6][b]TLDR: Laurent is the Killer and We Should Vote Him[/b][/size] ------ [emoji=subscription update size=1] Hi it's me Laurent Tinfoil Club President, I had this written out a while ago and I think it's time we put an end to the kills. I'm here to answer the billion dollar question, Why Laurent? ------ [size=4][u][b]Exhibit 1: Witness Clue[/b][/u][/size] From our Witness: [quote=Ketchalin]Night 2: The Killer easily avoided the glass shards by Tenebriel’s door.[/quote] The keyword here is [u]easily[/u]. The killer navigated the random, scattered glass in a way that can be called easily. We voted out Asahi because of this. I'd like everyone to take a look at this section of Laurent's form: [quote=NameOfUser] Plot armor: if Laurent is ever in a situation where he will suffer immediate and permanent harm, the universe will do everything in its power to intervene. This doesn’t necessarily mean it will succeed. But in cases like these, anything that can (reasonably) go wrong will (likely) go wrong.[/quote] Let's break it down. In simpler terms, it basically means that Laurent will not get hurt physically (and permanently) because the universe will prevent that from happening. And in situations where he has a chance of getting hurt, anything that can reasonably go wrong will likely go wrong. So how does that work when we look at it in the context of the glass/witness clue? When Laurent steps through the glass to get to Tenebriel's door, he has a chance of getting hurt by stepping onto the pieces and getting himself cut, getting hallucinogens into his body. That's pretty immediate harm to me. And something else that [i]can go wrong[/i] is Tenebriel, a massive Light-hater, catching him red-handed [s]and dish out violence to him or whatever[/s]. Or he can be so badly affected by the hallucinogens he walks himself into a pit of snakes. Etc. That could be pretty permanent harm. So in this scenario, his "plot armour" attribute [i]will[/i] activate and he can thus [b][u]walk through the scattered glass easily because he has no reason to fear getting cut.[/u][/b] [emoji=ping size=1] But doesn't the form also say, "this doesn't necessarily mean it will succeed?" [emoji=subscription update size=1] Yep, I see that. That isn't a viable defense. There's nothing explaining a criteria for failing, or any limits to his ability that make it unusable in this glass-walking context. So Laurent's plot armour can very well succeed in this situation. [emoji=ping size=1] In discussions, we brought up that this also applies to Chara. So why Laurent over her? [emoji=subscription update size=1] If you [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2558325/757#post_56259445]look at Chara's form[/url], there's nothing in it that suggests any ability or personality trait that would make walking through glass easy for her. Between someone with an obvious ability stated in their bio and someone without, I will go with the former. ------- [size=4][u][b]Exhibit 2: The Kills and Why Laurent Can Do Them[/b][/u][/size] [emoji=ping size=1] How did Laurent know about: Corpsemaker Ivy, hallucinogenic toxin, Molotov cocktail, Opal snakes, catnips and daffodil bulbs? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Laurent's form states that he spent a couple of years travelling. It is possible he learnt of these things during his travels. [quote=NameOfUser]With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god.[/quote] [emoji=ping size=1] How did Laurent obtain the Corpsemaker Ivy, fresh produce, glass bottle, catnip, daffodil bulbs? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Glenda or Asahi for the bottle. Eden and Tequit for the plants. Aren for the catnip. He just stole things. It's a common tactic in kills. [emoji=ping size=1] How did Laurent obtain the gasoline? [emoji=subscription update size=1] From Tenebriel's lanterns. They are in almost every room, it's not hard to steal. [emoji=ping size=1] How did Laurent obtain the tarp? [emoji=subscription update size=1] A tarp is camping equipment. If Laurent's years of travelling outside hasn't gotten him a tarp yet, he could have stolen in from Sterling, who is also a traveller. A tarp is also gardening equipment. Again, he could have stolen it from Tequit. [emoji=ping size=1] What about Laurent and the spell scroll used against Belph? [emoji=subscription update size=1] One of NameOfUser's points is that Laurent won't have needed the scroll. I am of the belief that he would have. I think NameOfUser's point is that Laurent doesn't need the scroll because his aura alone can vaporise Belph, which I agree with. Nowhere in the kill or tldr does it confirm that Belph's cause of death was the scroll; in fact, Belph was only trapped by the scroll. Why would Laurent need to trap him? Because any conscious animal, when faced with pain, will try to escape. And Belph is a flying ram, it is easy for Belph to get away. So for the aura to be able to vaporise Belph, Belph needs to be within it, by force and against its will. How do you do that? With a spell scroll that traps it in place, helpless. [emoji=ping size=1] What about Laurent and his MC fortune ability not being able to be used for murders? [emoji=subscription update size=1] After reassessing what was used in the murders, I don't see an instance where Laurent's luck is imperative for the kill to work. You don't need luck to steal things, if so, all the killers who stole things in the past wouldn't have had their kills go through. And NameOfUser themselves also said that anyone could have possibly stumbled upon the snake pit, so luck is not a factor that's needed here either. I do concede that Laurent's luck won't help him kill people, but in this case, it won't be needed. [emoji=ping size=1] What about the manor statue trap that killed Aren? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Laurent could have lifted the statue up to the roof. His telekinesis limit is about 40 pounds, and to give you some basis of comparison, here are [url=https://weightofstuff.com/10-common-items-that-weigh-about-40-pounds/]some irl objects that weigh 40 pounds[/url]. 40 pounds of gold/silver (based on the picture of the cat statues in Aren's bio) to the back of your head can cause death, I assure you lol. As for why Laurent didn't just telekinesis the statue down and had to use ropes, it could just be a stylistic choice, but I will offer the interpretation that using gravity to hit might work better than sending down the cat statue manually. Laurent's telekinesis is described to be weak, it's possible that if he used telekinesis to send down the statue, it won't be strong enough to kill on impact. ------- [size=4][u][b]Exhibit 3: Laurent's Defenses and My Rebuttals[/b][/u][/size] I'm referring to [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1222569843140726835]this[/url] post in the discord chat. [emoji=puzzle piece red size=1] [u]Night 1:[/u] [quote=NameOfUser]-Laurent could telekinetically open the lock. Yes, Laurent has telekinesis. No, it is not meant for use like this. 9 times out of 10, his magic functions like D&D’s catapult spell. It’s for throwing and shoving, not finely manipulating a tiny locking mechanism. He’d have just as much difficulty with magic as lockpicking.[/quote] There's nothing in Laurent's form that prevents him from using telekinesis to open a lock. The only limits stated are: his limit’s about 40 pounds, and he cannot use it on flesh or living bone. Both of which don't apply here. [u]Whether or not his abilities were meant for use for lockpicking doesn't matter; in this situation, Laurent [i]can and will[/i] use it for lockpicking.[/u] [emoji=puzzle piece red size=1] [u]Night 2:[/u] [emoji=puzzle piece orange size=1] [quote=NameOfUser]I have a feeling that if this one had gone through, we wouldn’t even be talking about Laurent right now.[/quote] That's true. Perhaps that's why you targeted me, the person who spoke up against Laurent the most in D1. But I jest. Moving on to the real thing- [emoji=puzzle piece orange size=1] [quote=NameOfUser]Laur has no reason to know how to make a Molotov. He’s spent his entire life in a church, for Weaver’s sake![/quote] To this I raise Laurent's form: [quote=NameOfUser]With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god. ... It’s been a couple years now, and no one’s caught on yet. The Church still hasn’t tracked him down, and no one’s come to claim him as the Lightweaver’s sacred Champion.[/quote] [u]No, Laurent has not spent his entire life in a church. He spent a couple of years travelling.[/u] It is very possible for him to have learnt or heard of it outside. [emoji=puzzle piece orange size=1] [quote=NameOfUser]Laurent cannot overpower Tenebriel without using his holiness[/quote] Would like to remind that Tenebriel is, at this time, hallucinating and not even sure what is real or not. He has no weapons and the only offensive spell he knows (Crown of Madness) needs concentration, which would be a stretch to use when he is hallucinating. [u]Believe it or not, Tenebriel is defenseless. I don't see why Laurent can't overpower him.[/u] [quote=NameOfUser]even if he managed that, the aura glows.[/quote] [u]Nothing in Laurent's form says his aura glows.[/u] It does say his evoked version is sun-bright, which is probably what Name was trying to get to, but just to get the point across that his passive aura doesn't glow because that's not specified in his form. [emoji=puzzle piece orange size=1] [quote=NameOfUser]Basically Laurent’s entire arsenal is useless against Tene anyways. He’s immune to light magic, and has resistance to non-magical weapons. How does he get the upper hand?[/quote] From Laurent's form: he specialises in close-combat magics and can conjure force shields. I think he can get the upper hand easily this way. Also see previous point about not being able to overpower Tenebriel. Even if those are made of Light magic and truly don't work against Tenebriel, he can still do damage using non-magical weapons. Resistance in D&D doesn't mean you don't take damage, but means the damage you take is halved. And Laurent can also use attacks without weapons; Tenebriel doesn't have resistance to that. NameOfUser has explicitly stated that Laurent can use his telekinesis to fling boulders at people, I don't see why that won't work here, in a cave. [emoji=puzzle piece red size=1] [u]Night 3:[/u] [quote=NameOfUser]How does Laurent manage this setup? He cannot use his telekinesis on flesh, and he’s probably not strong enough to physically carry it.[/quote] [u]Nowhere in the kill did it specify the size of the animal.[/u] It doesn't have to be Twizzler-sized. In fact, [u]Name's insistence that it is Twizzler-sized is very suspicious to me[/u], especially with how they ignored my question about why we were assuming that the animal was Twizzler-sized. [leaving space for Laurent's N4 defenses] ----- [size=4][u][b]Exhibit 4: Q&A[/b][/u][/size] I genuinely hope you took the time to read everything, or at least the underlined/emphasised parts. There's nothing I can do if you didn't, but if you stand in Clan Faction, I sincerely hope you consider my points. [emoji=ping size=1] Why should we trust you? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Point one, I'm cleared. Point two, I cannot be minion because why would a killer eliminate their minion (which is a free vote for them btw) in N2? Point three, I cannot be the vengeful because I was suspected by a healthy number of people for the N1 kill. I am in Clan Faction, I cannot tell you what role I have, but you can be sure of my allegiance. [emoji=ping size=1] This post is too long lol. A summary please? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Look at the first 10 words of this post. [emoji=ping size=1] How are you so sure? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Evidence, experience. I have other points I decided not to include here because I don't want to drag out the post too much. [emoji=ping size=1] I have a point that I think is important and you haven't addressed it yet. [emoji=subscription update size=1] Tell me which it is and I'll address it. I might have missed things out that other people are thinking more about. [emoji=ping size=1] What if you're wrong? [emoji=subscription update size=1] I will acknowledge and admit my mistake. Everyone is fallible, and I am no exception. But right now, to me (and it has been since N1), Laurent is a viable suspect and he should be voted out. He's been a couple of people's tinfoils since N1 too, so it isn't just a me-thing. ----- [size=4][u][b]Exhibit 5: Here Are The Tinfoils![/b][/u][/size] If you were here for Not-Tinfoils, you are free to leave now, thanks for stopping by! For those who are as crazy (/pos) as me about this game, here are my tinfoils. [emoji=ping size=1] Okay so... If Laurent is the killer, who is his minion? [emoji=subscription update size=1] For the record, this is mod-Star speaking, please don't expect people to come up with both a killer and a minion suspect at the same time. Mod-Star out. Player-Star back in. [u]Laurent's minion is Eden.[/u] I will give you a few seconds for that to sink in. Psst. It's a tinfoil for a reason. [emoji=ping size=1] Why?????????? [emoji=subscription update size=1] Tldr; Eden is the only dragon that NameOfUser ever defended: [list][*] [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1214083755497758760]Source[/url]: This is some industrial grade tinfoil, but the fact that door is unlocked might be a deliberate frame. Clues are meant to be subtle, and that one seems too obvious [*] [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1214084792665112596]Source[/url]: For the record, Eden reads as too reckless to follow this many steps for me [*] [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1214085948434808924]Source[/url]: I guess I’ll say: if we’re talking reckless, I’d imagine Eden just busting in the door, planting the poison, and stomping out [*] [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1215290477469900860]Source[/url]: Eden… I’m not sure on. Still iffy about personality [*] [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1215619899846819892]Source[/url]: So maybe I’m going way over my head here, but the unlocked door seems to point really, really clearly to Eden and no one else. And if that’s true, what if that’s what the killer wants us to think? Specifying an unlocked door is weird, but we’ve potentially got a big brain killer who might just try it?[/list] For the record, the dragons that Name has suspected are: [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1224935320387063848]Tequit, Holly, Thunderdancer[/url], [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1222231544559571035]Asahi, Aren, Sterling[/url], [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1218052793131339806]Chara[/url], [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1222575370587603095]Shade[/url] and [url=https://discord.com/channels/536793011871285248/1211384783423275038/1214083755497758760]Tenebriel[/url]. Which is uh, almost everyone. The fact that the only dragon NameOfUser ever defended was exiled as Civilian is kinda ringing alarm bells for me. Strange idea, I know, but hey it's called a tinfoil for a reason amirite? [emoji=ping size=1] Um, fine. Any crazier ideas? [emoji=subscription update size=1] You notice how the victims after N2 all have relations to Tenebriel? Twizzler, his guard/ally/tolerable companion and Aren, his newfound trustworthy [i]friend[/i]. And what is against Tenebriel? Karma. Who has the greatest relationship to karma in this clan? Laurent. [emoji=ping size=1] Um but Star, I think they were killed just because they are basically cleared. [emoji=subscription update size=1] Yes I know. This is the biggest tinfoil I've ever made. Just put it aside and focus on what's up top. :D
TLDR: Laurent is the Killer and We Should Vote Him

Hi it's me Laurent Tinfoil Club President, I had this written out a while ago and I think it's time we put an end to the kills. I'm here to answer the billion dollar question, Why Laurent?

Exhibit 1: Witness Clue
From our Witness:
Ketchalin wrote:

The keyword here is easily. The killer navigated the random, scattered glass in a way that can be called easily. We voted out Asahi because of this. I'd like everyone to take a look at this section of Laurent's form:
NameOfUser wrote:
Plot armor: if Laurent is ever in a situation where he will suffer immediate and permanent harm, the universe will do everything in its power to intervene. This doesn’t necessarily mean it will succeed. But in cases like these, anything that can (reasonably) go wrong will (likely) go wrong.

Let's break it down. In simpler terms, it basically means that Laurent will not get hurt physically (and permanently) because the universe will prevent that from happening. And in situations where he has a chance of getting hurt, anything that can reasonably go wrong will likely go wrong.

So how does that work when we look at it in the context of the glass/witness clue?

When Laurent steps through the glass to get to Tenebriel's door, he has a chance of getting hurt by stepping onto the pieces and getting himself cut, getting hallucinogens into his body. That's pretty immediate harm to me. And something else that can go wrong is Tenebriel, a massive Light-hater, catching him red-handed and dish out violence to him or whatever. Or he can be so badly affected by the hallucinogens he walks himself into a pit of snakes. Etc. That could be pretty permanent harm. So in this scenario, his "plot armour" attribute will activate and he can thus walk through the scattered glass easily because he has no reason to fear getting cut.

But doesn't the form also say, "this doesn't necessarily mean it will succeed?"
Yep, I see that. That isn't a viable defense. There's nothing explaining a criteria for failing, or any limits to his ability that make it unusable in this glass-walking context. So Laurent's plot armour can very well succeed in this situation.

In discussions, we brought up that this also applies to Chara. So why Laurent over her?
If you look at Chara's form, there's nothing in it that suggests any ability or personality trait that would make walking through glass easy for her. Between someone with an obvious ability stated in their bio and someone without, I will go with the former.

Exhibit 2: The Kills and Why Laurent Can Do Them

How did Laurent know about: Corpsemaker Ivy, hallucinogenic toxin, Molotov cocktail, Opal snakes, catnips and daffodil bulbs?
Laurent's form states that he spent a couple of years travelling. It is possible he learnt of these things during his travels.
NameOfUser wrote:
With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god.

How did Laurent obtain the Corpsemaker Ivy, fresh produce, glass bottle, catnip, daffodil bulbs?
Glenda or Asahi for the bottle. Eden and Tequit for the plants. Aren for the catnip. He just stole things. It's a common tactic in kills.

How did Laurent obtain the gasoline?
From Tenebriel's lanterns. They are in almost every room, it's not hard to steal.

How did Laurent obtain the tarp?
A tarp is camping equipment. If Laurent's years of travelling outside hasn't gotten him a tarp yet, he could have stolen in from Sterling, who is also a traveller. A tarp is also gardening equipment. Again, he could have stolen it from Tequit.

What about Laurent and the spell scroll used against Belph?
One of NameOfUser's points is that Laurent won't have needed the scroll. I am of the belief that he would have. I think NameOfUser's point is that Laurent doesn't need the scroll because his aura alone can vaporise Belph, which I agree with. Nowhere in the kill or tldr does it confirm that Belph's cause of death was the scroll; in fact, Belph was only trapped by the scroll. Why would Laurent need to trap him? Because any conscious animal, when faced with pain, will try to escape. And Belph is a flying ram, it is easy for Belph to get away. So for the aura to be able to vaporise Belph, Belph needs to be within it, by force and against its will. How do you do that? With a spell scroll that traps it in place, helpless.

What about Laurent and his MC fortune ability not being able to be used for murders?
After reassessing what was used in the murders, I don't see an instance where Laurent's luck is imperative for the kill to work. You don't need luck to steal things, if so, all the killers who stole things in the past wouldn't have had their kills go through. And NameOfUser themselves also said that anyone could have possibly stumbled upon the snake pit, so luck is not a factor that's needed here either. I do concede that Laurent's luck won't help him kill people, but in this case, it won't be needed.

What about the manor statue trap that killed Aren?
Laurent could have lifted the statue up to the roof. His telekinesis limit is about 40 pounds, and to give you some basis of comparison, here are some irl objects that weigh 40 pounds. 40 pounds of gold/silver (based on the picture of the cat statues in Aren's bio) to the back of your head can cause death, I assure you lol. As for why Laurent didn't just telekinesis the statue down and had to use ropes, it could just be a stylistic choice, but I will offer the interpretation that using gravity to hit might work better than sending down the cat statue manually. Laurent's telekinesis is described to be weak, it's possible that if he used telekinesis to send down the statue, it won't be strong enough to kill on impact.

Exhibit 3: Laurent's Defenses and My Rebuttals
I'm referring to this post in the discord chat.

Night 1:
NameOfUser wrote:
-Laurent could telekinetically open the lock.
Yes, Laurent has telekinesis. No, it is not meant for use like this. 9 times out of 10, his magic functions like D&D’s catapult spell. It’s for throwing and shoving, not finely manipulating a tiny locking mechanism. He’d have just as much difficulty with magic as lockpicking.
There's nothing in Laurent's form that prevents him from using telekinesis to open a lock. The only limits stated are: his limit’s about 40 pounds, and he cannot use it on flesh or living bone. Both of which don't apply here. Whether or not his abilities were meant for use for lockpicking doesn't matter; in this situation, Laurent can and will use it for lockpicking.

Night 2:
NameOfUser wrote:
I have a feeling that if this one had gone through, we wouldn’t even be talking about Laurent right now.
That's true. Perhaps that's why you targeted me, the person who spoke up against Laurent the most in D1. But I jest. Moving on to the real thing-

NameOfUser wrote:
Laur has no reason to know how to make a Molotov. He’s spent his entire life in a church, for Weaver’s sake!
To this I raise Laurent's form:
NameOfUser wrote:
With nothing but the clothes on his back, he ran away into the world, eager to find a place where he could live without everyone looking up to him like some sort of god. ... It’s been a couple years now, and no one’s caught on yet. The Church still hasn’t tracked him down, and no one’s come to claim him as the Lightweaver’s sacred Champion.
No, Laurent has not spent his entire life in a church. He spent a couple of years travelling. It is very possible for him to have learnt or heard of it outside.

NameOfUser wrote:
Laurent cannot overpower Tenebriel without using his holiness
Would like to remind that Tenebriel is, at this time, hallucinating and not even sure what is real or not. He has no weapons and the only offensive spell he knows (Crown of Madness) needs concentration, which would be a stretch to use when he is hallucinating. Believe it or not, Tenebriel is defenseless. I don't see why Laurent can't overpower him.
NameOfUser wrote:
even if he managed that, the aura glows.
Nothing in Laurent's form says his aura glows. It does say his evoked version is sun-bright, which is probably what Name was trying to get to, but just to get the point across that his passive aura doesn't glow because that's not specified in his form.

NameOfUser wrote:
Basically Laurent’s entire arsenal is useless against Tene anyways. He’s immune to light magic, and has resistance to non-magical weapons. How does he get the upper hand?
From Laurent's form: he specialises in close-combat magics and can conjure force shields. I think he can get the upper hand easily this way. Also see previous point about not being able to overpower Tenebriel.
Even if those are made of Light magic and truly don't work against Tenebriel, he can still do damage using non-magical weapons. Resistance in D&D doesn't mean you don't take damage, but means the damage you take is halved. And Laurent can also use attacks without weapons; Tenebriel doesn't have resistance to that. NameOfUser has explicitly stated that Laurent can use his telekinesis to fling boulders at people, I don't see why that won't work here, in a cave.

Night 3:
NameOfUser wrote:
How does Laurent manage this setup? He cannot use his telekinesis on flesh, and he’s probably not strong enough to physically carry it.
Nowhere in the kill did it specify the size of the animal. It doesn't have to be Twizzler-sized. In fact, Name's insistence that it is Twizzler-sized is very suspicious to me, especially with how they ignored my question about why we were assuming that the animal was Twizzler-sized.

[leaving space for Laurent's N4 defenses]

Exhibit 4: Q&A
I genuinely hope you took the time to read everything, or at least the underlined/emphasised parts. There's nothing I can do if you didn't, but if you stand in Clan Faction, I sincerely hope you consider my points.

Why should we trust you?
Point one, I'm cleared. Point two, I cannot be minion because why would a killer eliminate their minion (which is a free vote for them btw) in N2? Point three, I cannot be the vengeful because I was suspected by a healthy number of people for the N1 kill. I am in Clan Faction, I cannot tell you what role I have, but you can be sure of my allegiance.

This post is too long lol. A summary please?
Look at the first 10 words of this post.

How are you so sure?
Evidence, experience. I have other points I decided not to include here because I don't want to drag out the post too much.

I have a point that I think is important and you haven't addressed it yet.
Tell me which it is and I'll address it. I might have missed things out that other people are thinking more about.

What if you're wrong?
I will acknowledge and admit my mistake. Everyone is fallible, and I am no exception. But right now, to me (and it has been since N1), Laurent is a viable suspect and he should be voted out. He's been a couple of people's tinfoils since N1 too, so it isn't just a me-thing.

Exhibit 5: Here Are The Tinfoils!
If you were here for Not-Tinfoils, you are free to leave now, thanks for stopping by! For those who are as crazy (/pos) as me about this game, here are my tinfoils.

Okay so... If Laurent is the killer, who is his minion?
For the record, this is mod-Star speaking, please don't expect people to come up with both a killer and a minion suspect at the same time. Mod-Star out. Player-Star back in. Laurent's minion is Eden.
I will give you a few seconds for that to sink in.
Psst. It's a tinfoil for a reason.

Why??????????
Tldr; Eden is the only dragon that NameOfUser ever defended:
  • Source: This is some industrial grade tinfoil, but the fact that door is unlocked might be a deliberate frame. Clues are meant to be subtle, and that one seems too obvious
  • Source: For the record, Eden reads as too reckless to follow this many steps for me
  • Source: I guess I’ll say: if we’re talking reckless, I’d imagine Eden just busting in the door, planting the poison, and stomping out
  • Source: Eden… I’m not sure on. Still iffy about personality
  • Source: So maybe I’m going way over my head here, but the unlocked door seems to point really, really clearly to Eden and no one else. And if that’s true, what if that’s what the killer wants us to think? Specifying an unlocked door is weird, but we’ve potentially got a big brain killer who might just try it?

For the record, the dragons that Name has suspected are: Tequit, Holly, Thunderdancer, Asahi, Aren, Sterling, Chara, Shade and Tenebriel. Which is uh, almost everyone. The fact that the only dragon NameOfUser ever defended was exiled as Civilian is kinda ringing alarm bells for me.

Strange idea, I know, but hey it's called a tinfoil for a reason amirite?

Um, fine. Any crazier ideas?
You notice how the victims after N2 all have relations to Tenebriel? Twizzler, his guard/ally/tolerable companion and Aren, his newfound trustworthy friend. And what is against Tenebriel? Karma. Who has the greatest relationship to karma in this clan? Laurent.

Um but Star, I think they were killed just because they are basically cleared.
Yes I know. This is the biggest tinfoil I've ever made. Just put it aside and focus on what's up top. :D
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
1 2 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766