Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What oddly specific opinions do you have
1 2 3 4 5 6
So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs."

raikou.png

^ Look at this. This is not a dog. This is a sabretoothed tiger.

"but the other two are dogs!!!!"

WRONG. NUH UH. NO. THEY ARE ALSO CATS.

entei.png
^ This is a lion.

"But surely Suicu-" NOPE. THAT IS A CAT TOO.

suicune.png
^ This is a very stylized leopard.

A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries."
So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs."

raikou.png

entei.png
^ This is a lion.

suicune.png

A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries."
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
[quote name="luckydragonwolf" date="2024-03-27 10:11:36" ] So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs." ^ Look at this. This is not a dog. This is a sabretoothed tiger. "but the other two are dogs!!!!" WRONG. NUH UH. NO. THEY ARE ALSO CATS. ^ This is a lion. "But surely Suicu-" NOPE. THAT IS A CAT TOO. ^ This is a very stylized leopard. A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries." [/quote] me too :( i think theyre supposed to be called the "legendary beasts" which makes that even worse [quote name="Flufferb" date="2024-03-26 05:24:25" ] Also when a character is labelled a ‘dragon’ when all they are is a Humanoid with powers and not an actual true dragon form - as a huge dragon fan this really gets on my nerves. Heck I don’t like most humanoid dragons, even those with actual draconic features [/quote] that always confused me. are they using "dragon" as a title or wyverns being called dragons? fine by me bug serpent being called a dragon? sure but sir, thats a human person "but theyre immortal" stilll not a dragon
luckydragonwolf wrote on 2024-03-27 10:11:36:

^ This is a lion.

me too :(
i think theyre supposed to be called the "legendary beasts" which makes that even worse

Flufferb wrote on 2024-03-26 05:24:25:
Also when a character is labelled a ‘dragon’ when all they are is a Humanoid with powers and not an actual true dragon form - as a huge dragon fan this really gets on my nerves. Heck I don’t like most humanoid dragons, even those with actual draconic features
that always confused me. are they using "dragon" as a title or
wyverns being called dragons? fine by me
bug serpent being called a dragon? sure

but sir, thats a human person
"but theyre immortal"
stilll not a dragon

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
[quote name="Axqu" date="2024-03-26 10:36:27" ][/quote] not quoting the whole thing bc Long but I agree SO MUCH!!!!!! you are so real for this and I don't see people talk about it enough. passive communication makes me feel super uncomfortable and confused like.. just tell me straight up what you want !!!! [quote name="3141592653589793" date="2024-03-27 06:42:08" ] i put milk first (full bowl), then cereal. this way you can more precisely calculate how much you'd be able to eat (and then just drink the excess milk) and you can put cereal in small portions, so they won't become all soggy because you couldn't finish the bowl fast enough. at some point milk will become sweet and sugary, which a lot of people, including me, enjoy.[/quote] hold on you're cooking.......maybe I should do this at some point [quote name="bugsinspace" date="2024-03-27 07:35:41" ] when people phrase a command as a question. like when someone says "hey can you do this" when they actually mean "you're going to do this, you don't have a choice, if you refuse i am going to me mad at you"[/quote] me @ my mom [emoji=fae angry size=1] I hate when someone is joking around, I get confused and assume they're being serious, and they get annoyed at me that I didn't know it was supposed to be a joke.
Axqu wrote on 2024-03-26 10:36:27:
not quoting the whole thing bc Long but I agree SO MUCH!!!!!! you are so real for this and I don't see people talk about it enough. passive communication makes me feel super uncomfortable and confused like.. just tell me straight up what you want !!!!
3141592653589793 wrote on 2024-03-27 06:42:08:
i put milk first (full bowl), then cereal. this way you can more precisely calculate how much you'd be able to eat (and then just drink the excess milk) and you can put cereal in small portions, so they won't become all soggy because you couldn't finish the bowl fast enough. at some point milk will become sweet and sugary, which a lot of people, including me, enjoy.
hold on you're cooking.......maybe I should do this at some point
bugsinspace wrote on 2024-03-27 07:35:41:
when people phrase a command as a question. like when someone says "hey can you do this" when they actually mean "you're going to do this, you don't have a choice, if you refuse i am going to me mad at you"
me @ my mom

I hate when someone is joking around, I get confused and assume they're being serious, and they get annoyed at me that I didn't know it was supposed to be a joke.
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
[quote name="luckydragonwolf" date="2024-03-27 10:11:36" ] So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs." ^ Look at this. This is not a dog. This is a sabretoothed tiger. "but the other two are dogs!!!!" WRONG. NUH UH. NO. THEY ARE ALSO CATS. ^ This is a lion. "But surely Suicu-" NOPE. THAT IS A CAT TOO. ^ This is a very stylized leopard. A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries." [/quote] This!!! Like yeah OK I can see where someone would get dog vibes from maaaybe Entei, and Suicune honestly to me doesnt look feline OR canine (If anything, vaguely Equine and Feline mixed I've always just. assumed?) But theyre gonna look at Raikou and tell me thats a DOG?? Nah LOL
luckydragonwolf wrote on 2024-03-27 10:11:36:

^ This is a lion.

This!!! Like yeah OK I can see where someone would get dog vibes from maaaybe Entei, and Suicune honestly to me doesnt look feline OR canine (If anything, vaguely Equine and Feline mixed I've always just. assumed?)

But theyre gonna look at Raikou and tell me thats a DOG?? Nah LOL
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
[quote name="PandoranMama" date="2024-03-25 21:50:41" ] 2. Hyenas are NOT CANINES!! They don't even belong to the caniformia suborder. They're feliforms! They're more closely related to cats then to dogs, and even then they're their own entire thing in feliformia — Hyaenidae. They're even more closely related to mongoose and civets than they are cats.[/quote] This. Someone sassed me online once because I pointed out that hyenas aren't dogs and I was like...but they aren't?
PandoranMama wrote on 2024-03-25 21:50:41:
2. Hyenas are NOT CANINES!!
They don't even belong to the caniformia suborder. They're feliforms! They're more closely related to cats then to dogs, and even then they're their own entire thing in feliformia — Hyaenidae. They're even more closely related to mongoose and civets than they are cats.

This. Someone sassed me online once because I pointed out that hyenas aren't dogs and I was like...but they aren't?
8hOK5Zm.png1qSQ4Z1.gif
[quote name="@luckydragonwolf" date="2024-03-27 10:11:36" ] So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs." [/quote] I agree with you, to me they are a mixture of both feline and canine (except Raikou who to me is just clearly a tiger), but I actually think I know why this happened! In the G/S beta, they actually were very clearly dogs. I actually think perhaps what happened is that publications got images of them during this time (as a lot of magazines, etc. do with video games), and they started to refer to them as the "legendary dogs" even after their appearances changed.
@luckydragonwolf wrote on 2024-03-27 10:11:36:

I agree with you, to me they are a mixture of both feline and canine (except Raikou who to me is just clearly a tiger), but I actually think I know why this happened!

In the G/S beta, they actually were very clearly dogs. I actually think perhaps what happened is that publications got images of them during this time (as a lot of magazines, etc. do with video games), and they started to refer to them as the "legendary dogs" even after their appearances changed.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
oh big agree on the legendary beasts i always thought they were pretty clearly big cats. like do you know what a dog looks like

anyway mine is people using pov incorrectly. i don't think anyone on tiktok even knows it stands for point of view anymore they think its just a word to start a caption with
oh big agree on the legendary beasts i always thought they were pretty clearly big cats. like do you know what a dog looks like

anyway mine is people using pov incorrectly. i don't think anyone on tiktok even knows it stands for point of view anymore they think its just a word to start a caption with
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
[quote name="@eighttball" date="2024-03-27 18:20:54" ] oh big agree on the legendary beasts i always thought they were pretty clearly big cats. like do you know what a dog looks like anyway mine is people using pov incorrectly. i don't think anyone on tiktok even knows it stands for point of view anymore they think its just a word to start a caption with [/quote] how are they using pov they should be using it in perspective videos ie: pov you are a fish *video shows a coral reef*
@eighttball wrote on 2024-03-27 18:20:54:

how are they using pov
they should be using it in perspective videos
ie: pov you are a fish
*video shows a coral reef*

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
[quote name="@Transkovsky" date="2024-03-27 18:30:27" ] how are they using pov they should be using it in perspective videos ie: pov you are a fish *video shows a coral reef* [/quote] i'm talking about videos that are like "pov you're doing x" and it's just a video of someone doing x filmed in third person. the "pov" is entirely unnecassary
@Transkovsky wrote on 2024-03-27 18:30:27:
how are they using pov
they should be using it in perspective videos
ie: pov you are a fish
*video shows a coral reef*

i'm talking about videos that are like "pov you're doing x" and it's just a video of someone doing x filmed in third person. the "pov" is entirely unnecassary
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
[quote name="viridine" date="2024-03-27 07:26:22" ] i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not and second of all its got some morally dubious connotations that i shant get into. folk are capable of name a horde of specific genres you like and simultaneously refrain from implying specific genres of an art thats as old as man-made tools are bad >_< [/quote] Goddd, this so much. If you're on a hate fender-bender so much for these genres, I think it's because you're only looking at the most popular stuff or only the things played on the radio. It feels almost disingenuous to me to discredit them just because you haven't spent the time to at least widen your horizons beyond the examples which get played all the time. There are artists like John Denver, Everly Brothers, MF DOOM, Bahamadia, Brockhampton, Fugees, and A Tribe Called Quest who are good listens. There's so much out there that is great which people don't give a chance ;n;
viridine wrote on 2024-03-27 07:26:22:
i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not and second of all its got some morally dubious connotations that i shant get into. folk are capable of name a horde of specific genres you like and simultaneously refrain from implying specific genres of an art thats as old as man-made tools are bad >_<

Goddd, this so much. If you're on a hate fender-bender so much for these genres, I think it's because you're only looking at the most popular stuff or only the things played on the radio. It feels almost disingenuous to me to discredit them just because you haven't spent the time to at least widen your horizons beyond the examples which get played all the time. There are artists like John Denver, Everly Brothers, ** DOOM, Bahamadia, Brockhampton, Fugees, and A Tribe Called Quest who are good listens. There's so much out there that is great which people don't give a chance ;n;
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6