Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What oddly specific opinions do you have
1 2 3 4 5 6
@3141592653589793

i was just talking to my partner about this today, but... i pour (oat)milk into a glass (or bowl, if i have no clean glasses) and then i dip mini wheats into it like they're cookies. HIGHLY recommended
@3141592653589793

i was just talking to my partner about this today, but... i pour (oat)milk into a glass (or bowl, if i have no clean glasses) and then i dip mini wheats into it like they're cookies. HIGHLY recommended
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.pnggiphy.gif
I'm gonna echo what someone else said in this thread: cars should not be the main form of transportation in the United States. I yearn for trains/subways every day of my life. Owning a vehicle is much too expensive and far too damaging to the environment to be mandatory. Walkable cities are nonexistent. Public transportation is a joke in most areas.
All my opinions only become more extreme as I get older. Being an adult feels impossible due to the massive anxiety I get whenever I think about getting behind a wheel. I desperately want a job, but finding a position within walking distance is genuinely impossible. Not to mention the fact that I don't come from a wealthy family by anyone's standards, and I cannot afford to buy a car to begin with. Then there's gas; vehicle registration; insurance... It's too much man.
I'm gonna echo what someone else said in this thread: cars should not be the main form of transportation in the United States. I yearn for trains/subways every day of my life. Owning a vehicle is much too expensive and far too damaging to the environment to be mandatory. Walkable cities are nonexistent. Public transportation is a joke in most areas.
All my opinions only become more extreme as I get older. Being an adult feels impossible due to the massive anxiety I get whenever I think about getting behind a wheel. I desperately want a job, but finding a position within walking distance is genuinely impossible. Not to mention the fact that I don't come from a wealthy family by anyone's standards, and I cannot afford to buy a car to begin with. Then there's gas; vehicle registration; insurance... It's too much man.
Transmasc (Trans flag)
He/They (Pastel blue)
Likes Women (Pink)
PlxuTTv.gif
qJFAY9h.png
======================
Hello! My name's Latte. I like a whole
bunch of things, and I would love to
talk about any of them! Feel free to
DM me anytime :3
======================
25411.png
People who get REALLY hypocritical when policing what media others can and can't consume. I recently found out someone in my life was one of these people and good LORD it is annoying to deal with. "Oh? You like Genshin? Erm. Genshin bad, akshually" followed by them getting into something that has the same issue genshin has PLUS a whole bunch of other icky stuff that I, personally, do not vibe with but didn't judge them for liking because I assumed they knew the bad stuff about the piece of media in question. (Turns out they didn't and refused to hear anything bad about it even though they absolutely went OFF at me and one of my friends on multiple occasions abt Genshin, completely unprompted [emoji=skull size=1]) Now look, I'm not denying that Genshin has issues (because it absolutely does. There's a very valid reason why there was so much drama surrounding Sumeru's release), but bro did not seem to get that you can like something while still criticizing the problems it has and wanting change. (there is a reason why people say the biggest fans of some things ((can't remember said things rn ^^' The Sims series feels fitting though)) are also their biggest critics, after all!) Anyways on a lighter note: [quote name="viridine" date="2024-03-27 07:26:22" ] i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not [/quote] I used to have a mindset like that (funnily enough for the three genres mentioned) and viridine is absolutely right, there are gems in every genre! I can't think of any country songs I've ended up liking off the top of my head rn but I know there's a few rap/hip-hop songs I enjoy, plus the entire subgenre of J-Rap is pretty good too from what I've listened to so far! Seriously though, if you have that kind of mindset please try looking around, good things come to those who look :p
People who get REALLY hypocritical when policing what media others can and can't consume. I recently found out someone in my life was one of these people and good LORD it is annoying to deal with.

"Oh? You like Genshin? Erm. Genshin bad, akshually" followed by them getting into something that has the same issue genshin has PLUS a whole bunch of other icky stuff that I, personally, do not vibe with but didn't judge them for liking because I assumed they knew the bad stuff about the piece of media in question. (Turns out they didn't and refused to hear anything bad about it even though they absolutely went OFF at me and one of my friends on multiple occasions abt Genshin, completely unprompted )

Now look, I'm not denying that Genshin has issues (because it absolutely does. There's a very valid reason why there was so much drama surrounding Sumeru's release), but bro did not seem to get that you can like something while still criticizing the problems it has and wanting change. (there is a reason why people say the biggest fans of some things ((can't remember said things rn ^^' The Sims series feels fitting though)) are also their biggest critics, after all!)

Anyways on a lighter note:
viridine wrote on 2024-03-27 07:26:22:
i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not
I used to have a mindset like that (funnily enough for the three genres mentioned) and viridine is absolutely right, there are gems in every genre! I can't think of any country songs I've ended up liking off the top of my head rn but I know there's a few rap/hip-hop songs I enjoy, plus the entire subgenre of J-Rap is pretty good too from what I've listened to so far!
Seriously though, if you have that kind of mindset please try looking around, good things come to those who look :p
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L25 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
[quote name="NewmoonWasTaken" date="2024-03-26 21:19:14" ] When there's a character with a normal design with no clear gendered features nor any overtly mentioned gender but it's stated somewhere that the character is officially female, but people refer to it as "he"... totally fair mistake to make but it just irks me. (Examples: Ender Dragon from Minecraft, Runner from Run 3) [/quote] yupp, or by extent even if the character isnt confirmed female or anything but people still default to "he". or people defaulting to "he" for any random person on the internet .
NewmoonWasTaken wrote on 2024-03-26 21:19:14:
When there's a character with a normal design with no clear gendered features nor any overtly mentioned gender but it's stated somewhere that the character is officially female, but people refer to it as "he"... totally fair mistake to make but it just irks me. (Examples: Ender Dragon from Minecraft, Runner from Run 3)
yupp, or by extent even if the character isnt confirmed female or anything but people still default to "he". or people defaulting to "he" for any random person on the internet .
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Gatekeeping minor things is okay. Like music, ideas, you name it. Maybe it's influence from my ennea4, but I'm going berserk if someone starts doing a certain thing because of me or after me.
Gatekeeping minor things is okay. Like music, ideas, you name it. Maybe it's influence from my ennea4, but I'm going berserk if someone starts doing a certain thing because of me or after me.
seth . any pronouns . infp so468
[quote name="SillyFilly" date="2024-03-27 12:21:50" ] I hate when someone is joking around, I get confused and assume they're being serious, and they get annoyed at me that I didn't know it was supposed to be a joke. [/quote] Yes! My neurodivergent brain cannot stand this!! I completely agree!
SillyFilly wrote on 2024-03-27 12:21:50:
I hate when someone is joking around, I get confused and assume they're being serious, and they get annoyed at me that I didn't know it was supposed to be a joke.
Yes! My neurodivergent brain cannot stand this!! I completely agree!
cTrEW.gifmlHpBMC.png.XdKddgH.png.
As someone who’s trying to dip their feet into english Vocaloid songs, I tried listening to both Vane Lily and Ghost and Pals, buuuut it just never worked on and now I just want to listen to more SynthV songs that doesn’t heavily rely on symbolism and existensial dread. I specifically hate This Is My Heart and Reckless Battery Burns because I find the former to sound boring as hell and the guy from the latter’s MV is just annoying. Get him AWAY from my screen. >:(
As someone who’s trying to dip their feet into english Vocaloid songs, I tried listening to both Vane Lily and Ghost and Pals, buuuut it just never worked on and now I just want to listen to more SynthV songs that doesn’t heavily rely on symbolism and existensial dread. I specifically hate This Is My Heart and Reckless Battery Burns because I find the former to sound boring as hell and the guy from the latter’s MV is just annoying. Get him AWAY from my screen. >:(
[quote name="luckydragonwolf" date="2024-03-27 10:11:36" ] So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs." ^ Look at this. This is not a dog. This is a sabretoothed tiger. "but the other two are dogs!!!!" WRONG. NUH UH. NO. THEY ARE ALSO CATS. ^ This is a lion. "But surely Suicu-" NOPE. THAT IS A CAT TOO. ^ This is a very stylized leopard. A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries." [/quote] raikou is a raiju/tiger entei is a shiisa/lion suicune is a kirin mine: pichu shouldh ave never replaced gorochu lunala needed to be dark/fairy i was so sad shes not scarvio are tthe best pokemon games gameplay wise (bw is best story, the gameplay is a mixed bag, too many random encounters and impossible to run from said random encounters) pokemon's combat system is actually way more complicated than shin megami tensei you just dont notice this bc shin megami tensei is inherently meant to be very challenging and is less accessible than pokmeon (and the target audience is older teens and adults) pokemon has more types, more kinds of effects, ivs, evs, natures, etc catching monsters is more complicated in smt probably burgers shouldnt have american cheese how about parmesan or mozzerela theres other cheese i like more but they probably too expensive for fast food muramasa rebirth needs modern version asap i want abyssal lagiacrus and agnaktor (both) and dire miralis and gogmazios and gigginox and akantor and ukanlos in wilds maybe its time to bring back underwater invincible is the only superhero thing i can bring myself to care about now (too much marvel stuff) culvers > innout theres more variety in shakes innout probably better burger i havent had so long cats are very sweet and as loving as dogs my sister friend cat is the sweetest most affectionate la creatura ever and my sister cats are extremely cuddly meanwile my dog is calculating and manipulative lol (but thats why i love her shes so funny) also i like english anime dubs bc easier for adhd multitasking also remote work needs to stay
luckydragonwolf wrote on 2024-03-27 10:11:36:
So! For me, it's people referring to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as "Legendary dogs."

^ Look at this. This is not a dog. This is a sabretoothed tiger.

"but the other two are dogs!!!!"

WRONG. NUH UH. NO. THEY ARE ALSO CATS.

^ This is a lion.

"But surely Suicu-" NOPE. THAT IS A CAT TOO.

^ This is a very stylized leopard.

A lot of my opinions like this are Pokemon-based, like calling the mythicals "legendaries."
raikou is a raiju/tiger
entei is a shiisa/lion
suicune is a kirin

mine:

pichu shouldh ave never replaced gorochu

lunala needed to be dark/fairy i was so sad shes not

scarvio are tthe best pokemon games gameplay wise (bw is best story, the gameplay is a mixed bag, too many random encounters and impossible to run from said random encounters)

pokemon's combat system is actually way more complicated than shin megami tensei
you just dont notice this bc shin megami tensei is inherently meant to be very challenging and is less accessible than pokmeon (and the target audience is older teens and adults)
pokemon has more types, more kinds of effects, ivs, evs, natures, etc
catching monsters is more complicated in smt probably

burgers shouldnt have american cheese how about parmesan or mozzerela
theres other cheese i like more but they probably too expensive for fast food

muramasa rebirth needs modern version asap

i want abyssal lagiacrus and agnaktor (both) and dire miralis and gogmazios and gigginox and akantor and ukanlos in wilds maybe its time to bring back underwater

invincible is the only superhero thing i can bring myself to care about now (too much marvel stuff)

culvers > innout theres more variety in shakes innout probably better burger i havent had so long

cats are very sweet and as loving as dogs my sister friend cat is the sweetest most affectionate la creatura ever and my sister cats are extremely cuddly
meanwile my dog is calculating and manipulative lol (but thats why i love her shes so funny)

also i like english anime dubs bc easier for adhd multitasking

also remote work needs to stay
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
[quote name="CrunchyLatte" date="2024-03-28 01:00:14" ] I'm gonna echo what someone else said in this thread: cars should not be the main form of transportation in the United States. I yearn for trains/subways every day of my life. Owning a vehicle is much too expensive and far too damaging to the environment to be mandatory. Walkable cities are nonexistent. Public transportation is a joke in most areas. [/quote] ^^THIS. every time someone mentions car trouble, insurances, mechanical expenses, traffic, stroads, or how common crashes are, my mind [i]immediately[/i] goes to "Well. This wouldn't be an issue if we had trains." I'm forever jealous of the pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly cities of countries outside the US. It's so isolating to know the only freedom of movement I'll ever have will have to be by car. And so much wasted space in the form of ungodly large parking lots, too... unrelatedly, i am strongly of the opinion that if [i]any[/i] button, panel, or switch in your building is going to glow in the dark, it [i]MUST[/i] be the light switch. Inspired by my parents' mounted garage door opener, which is the only lit-up thing in that room at night, and makes a STUPIDLY loud metallic groaning sound opening the garage door at 2AM that wakes up EVERYBODY in the house when you, completely reasonably, assume that it is the light switch and go to turn it on.
CrunchyLatte wrote on 2024-03-28 01:00:14:

^^THIS. every time someone mentions car trouble, insurances, mechanical expenses, traffic, stroads, or how common crashes are, my mind immediately goes to "Well. This wouldn't be an issue if we had trains." I'm forever jealous of the pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly cities of countries outside the US. It's so isolating to know the only freedom of movement I'll ever have will have to be by car. And so much wasted space in the form of ungodly large parking lots, too...

unrelatedly, i am strongly of the opinion that if any button, panel, or switch in your building is going to glow in the dark, it MUST be the light switch. Inspired by my parents' mounted garage door opener, which is the only lit-up thing in that room at night, and makes a STUPIDLY loud metallic groaning sound opening the garage door at 2AM that wakes up EVERYBODY in the house when you, completely reasonably, assume that it is the light switch and go to turn it on.
Takis-flavored instant ramen needs to be a thing that exists
Takis-flavored instant ramen needs to be a thing that exists
6nI5sr3.png Arcane-Network.png
1 2 3 4 5 6