Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | MJ24 Story & Poetry Contest -WINNERS!-
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] TroubleinSEvens [b]ID:[/b] 189633 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Wee Wordy Things - Poem [i](if Windy Words) Words used:[/i] [b]Entry Title:[/b] Sveglia [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52255220]Calvino[/url] [quote=Sveglia] [center]In darkness, birds sing And morning, the mists roll in; The first breath of Spring.[/center][/quote]
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah

Name: TroubleinSEvens
ID: 189633
Entry Prompt: Wee Wordy Things - Poem
(if Windy Words) Words used:
Entry Title: Sveglia

Dragon Author: Calvino
Sveglia wrote:
In darkness, birds sing
And morning, the mists roll in;
The first breath of Spring.
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
[quote name="sockmonkeygerald" date="2024-03-27 05:32:15" ] Mystorra your story contest was the formative experience of my very first MistJam! Happy to keep the tradition going :) And hi! Glad you made it for the fest o/ [/quote] I'm glad to hear it ^^ I have poor memory but I still recognized your name as someone who always sent in such great stories so I am happy that you have taken up the mantle. And I'm not really.... 'here' I was made aware of puzzles that people were asking for help with and got nostalgic so I was looking to see if this contest was still a thing. Happy that it is
sockmonkeygerald wrote on 2024-03-27 05:32:15:
Mystorra your story contest was the formative experience of my very first MistJam! Happy to keep the tradition going :) And hi! Glad you made it for the fest o/

I'm glad to hear it ^^ I have poor memory but I still recognized your name as someone who always sent in such great stories so I am happy that you have taken up the mantle.

And I'm not really.... 'here' I was made aware of puzzles that people were asking for help with and got nostalgic so I was looking to see if this contest was still a thing. Happy that it is
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
[columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20530941][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/205310/20530941_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] "My, my. We've got some wonderful entries on our hands," Arc says with a smile as xe finishes writing a number on xyr judging sheet. "All entries up until this point have been logged, and I've rated them all as well. I knew writing was fun, but never realized how interesting [i]judging[/i] writing would be." She shifts in her seat, passing one of xyr pieces of paper down the table. "Keep the wonderful windy words coming, folks!" [/columns]
20530941_350.png "My, my. We've got some wonderful entries on our hands," Arc says with a smile as xe finishes writing a number on xyr judging sheet. "All entries up until this point have been logged, and I've rated them all as well. I knew writing was fun, but never realized how interesting judging writing would be." She shifts in her seat, passing one of xyr pieces of paper down the table. "Keep the wonderful windy words coming, folks!"
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@TroubleinSevens [columns] Everything looks good! Got you down, have a hat to enjoy the rest of the festival in. Feel free to come back! [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
@TroubleinSevens
Everything looks good! Got you down, have a hat to enjoy the rest of the festival in. Feel free to come back! 55696407_350.png
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
This time, the (significantly smaller) book is dropped off by at least three arms, which is no different than last time. However, in the shadows, those arms seem to be connected to a Fae-shaped silhouette. The arms seem too long to belong to the dragon, and the dragon soon disappears. @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Sushispider1212 [b]ID:[/b] 586970 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Wee Wordy Things - Story [b]Entry Title:[/b] The War Between the Beetle and the Mosquito [b]Dragon Author:[/b] “Star”? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74620575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746206/74620575_350.png[/img][/url] ——- The little beetle holds her little spear, staring down the mosquito. The mosquito, of course, doesn’t care. Did the little beetle give up? No! She lunged forward with her spear, lancing toward the mosquito. Faster than light itself, she tries to bury it in the mosquito’s back. But the mosquito is always way too fast for our little beetle, and merely dodges. She then turns to fly away once more. But the little beetle has a secret of her own! She unfolds her own wings and starts fluttering after, not as fast as the mosquito, but enough to keep up.
This time, the (significantly smaller) book is dropped off by at least three arms, which is no different than last time. However, in the shadows, those arms seem to be connected to a Fae-shaped silhouette. The arms seem too long to belong to the dragon, and the dragon soon disappears.

Name: Sushispider1212
ID: 586970
Entry Prompt: Wee Wordy Things - Story
Entry Title: The War Between the Beetle and the Mosquito

Dragon Author: “Star”? 74620575_350.png

——-

The little beetle holds her little spear, staring down the mosquito. The mosquito, of course, doesn’t care.

Did the little beetle give up? No! She lunged forward with her spear, lancing toward the mosquito. Faster than light itself, she tries to bury it in the mosquito’s back.

But the mosquito is always way too fast for our little beetle, and merely dodges. She then turns to fly away once more.

But the little beetle has a secret of her own! She unfolds her own wings and starts fluttering after, not as fast as the mosquito, but enough to keep up.
IMG_1557.gifUntitled576_20230412201616.png
((woop! glad I remembered this before it was too late! My random progen who I just made a gene plan for and unexalted today will be participating lol)) A strange maybe, maybe not dragon approaches with his entry. He seems delighted by all the winged things, eyes sparkling with mirthful warmth. "I hope everything is in order for my entry. I'll admit I was perhaps slightly distracted." He laughs lightly, placing down what he has written. @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Soulthreads [b]ID:[/b] 309079 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words - Story [i] Words used:[/i] feather, scale, wood, buzz, leap, drift, up, climb, stretch, beat, free, time, fly. [b]Entry Title:[/b] Return [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31636894][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/316369/31636894_350.png[/img][/url] --- [font=sylfaen][size=4]It was an empty space, dark and dreamless. Impossibly vast, yet so oppressively small; one could walk for an eternity and never go anywhere. What else was there to do but to curl up and pretend to be asleep? Insanity would surely come either way, and I was never the type for violence. Imaginings of brilliant feather and scale passed through in the silence; all the things I had hoped to one day see. I wove tales of grand mountains and sweeping grasslands; strange forests and mysterious temples. Longing deep within my core pulled me forward; I needed to live. I could not stay in this darkness. I stretched out my wings, shaking out the stiffness within my being. Forward. Upward. There was a steady hum in the background pushing me onward, driving me to fly faster. I must leave this darkness behind. I had to get out. Soon. [i]Soon.[/i] I awoke with a sudden breath, clear air rushing in. The buzzing of life around me greeted the beat of my heart as a friend; brilliant colors greeted my eyes and warmth brushed my skin. Alive! I leaped into the air and clambered up the nearest tree to greet the winds. The wood and bark was sturdy under my grip, the branches barely swaying as I climbed out further into the breeze. The taste of my freedom was wondrous; I couldn’t help myself as I shouted up to the drifting clouds high above. A pair of doves looked at me strangely for my outburst. I apologized politely to them, still grinning. From my vantage, I could see an overgrown temple nestled away. Instinctively I felt this was my destination; the place I was meant to go first to better understand what I was. No time like the present. I wouldn't be forsaking my new chance at life. [/font][/size]
((woop! glad I remembered this before it was too late!
My random progen who I just made a gene plan for and unexalted today will be participating lol))

A strange maybe, maybe not dragon approaches with his entry. He seems delighted by all the winged things, eyes sparkling with mirthful warmth.
"I hope everything is in order for my entry. I'll admit I was perhaps slightly distracted." He laughs lightly, placing down what he has written.

Name: Soulthreads
ID: 309079
Entry Prompt: Windy Words - Story
Words used: feather, scale, wood, buzz, leap, drift, up, climb, stretch, beat, free, time, fly.
Entry Title: Return

Dragon Author: 31636894_350.png

---

It was an empty space, dark and dreamless. Impossibly vast, yet so oppressively small; one could walk for an eternity and never go anywhere. What else was there to do but to curl up and pretend to be asleep? Insanity would surely come either way, and I was never the type for violence.

Imaginings of brilliant feather and scale passed through in the silence; all the things I had hoped to one day see. I wove tales of grand mountains and sweeping grasslands; strange forests and mysterious temples. Longing deep within my core pulled me forward; I needed to live. I could not stay in this darkness.

I stretched out my wings, shaking out the stiffness within my being. Forward. Upward. There was a steady hum in the background pushing me onward, driving me to fly faster. I must leave this darkness behind. I had to get out. Soon. Soon.

I awoke with a sudden breath, clear air rushing in. The buzzing of life around me greeted the beat of my heart as a friend; brilliant colors greeted my eyes and warmth brushed my skin. Alive! I leaped into the air and clambered up the nearest tree to greet the winds.

The wood and bark was sturdy under my grip, the branches barely swaying as I climbed out further into the breeze. The taste of my freedom was wondrous; I couldn’t help myself as I shouted up to the drifting clouds high above. A pair of doves looked at me strangely for my outburst. I apologized politely to them, still grinning.

From my vantage, I could see an overgrown temple nestled away. Instinctively I felt this was my destination; the place I was meant to go first to better understand what I was. No time like the present. I wouldn't be forsaking my new chance at life.

52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah hopefully a little bit more technological stance on "taking flight" is acceptable, been on a space kick recently c: [b]Name:[/b] Amaranth41 [b]ID:[/b] 212354 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things - Story [b]Entry Title:[/b] Ad Astra [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42224821][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/422249/42224821_350.png[/img][/url] --- Astra paced nervously across the sand, her steps stuttering as she turned back and forth to where Abernathy and Thorusofer had set up with their devices. "How much longer?" Abernathy glanced at the ticking numbers as she messed around with pressure gauges, mechanical readouts, every now and then a spark of Lightning arcing from her claws to the exposed wires. "Two minutes." She said without looking up from what she was working on. "Thorusofer, how's the fuel temperature looking?" "Holding steady. Pressure is optimal, all seals appear to be holding. Engine temperature is rising, we should be good for ignition in one minute thirty." The rocket sat on a platform in the sand hundreds of feet away; it was dwarfed by the enormous cliffs at the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins, a toy left behind by a careless dragonet after a day at the beach. And yet, Astra could see the elemental runes on its sides pulsating with power, she could feel the Lightning magic streaking down the cables from Abernathy and Thorusofer's control panels towards the tiny yet massive machine: it was nothing to be trifled with, a feat of dragon engineering. A smaller, third station was set off to the side of Abernathy and Thorusofer's masses of wiring and gauges and screens, this one made of weather instruments. A barometer took up the bulk of the space, a large round, glass vessel filled with mercury. Above it, an anemometer with a pulsing Wind sigil on it spun lazily, not enough speed for the number paddles to read above zero. The perfect conditions for a launch. Astra wrung her hands together and glanced for the umpteenth time between the rocket and the sky, the vehicle and its final destination, hopefully. "T-minus ten seconds to ignition." Abernathy's voice snapped Astra out of her musings, and she shook her head briefly. She hurried over to look over Abernathy's shoulder, watching the numbers on her control panel flip as they counted down. "Ignition in five, four, three, two, one. We have ignition." The ground rumbled as the rocket let out a roar, louder than the largest crack of thunder from the Tempest Spire. The bell at the bottom glowed white hot, and all of the Fire runes on the outside lit up orange as flames began to grow out of the bottom of the engine. With all the light and noise, if Astra hadn't known any better, she would've assumed that Stormcatcher had decided to unleash his wrath. "Engine temperature within acceptable limits." Thorusofer said, glancing between numbers written on his scroll and the furiously ticking mechanical readouts, each one increasing at a breakneck pace. "Output is stable, we should be getting thrust once we are go for liftoff." Astra craned her neck over top of Abernathy to check the small weather station to her side, her teal eyes taking in the readings of the instruments. There was a small scroll on the side of the stand that briefly glowed, and Astra rushed over to open it. It was full of numbers, colors, arrows and maps, all forecasting the upcoming wind and weather patterns. "Just got news from Fahrenheit, he got some new numbers in but we're still good." Astra said with a sigh of relief. "Everything else looks optimal for launch conditions, we are a go." As Astra looked over to the rocket again, a sleek, metal beast starkly contrasting the undeveloped sands of the northern edge of the Carrion Canyon and the graceful stone buildings just visible over the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins. The sky was a solid blue so intense it almost looked like a painted backdrop, barely any wisps of cloud drifting by, Stormcatcher for once blessing them with clear skies. Astra's heart sang with the rumble of the rocket, fear and excitement mingling in her chest as she waited, patiently, breathlessly, for the moment of truth when the project that she had poured years of her life into finally left the ground. Astra stepped back to Abernathy's control panel to watch the clock tick downwards to liftoff. The seconds passed as if it was an eternity, finally reaching the single digits. "Liftoff in T minus ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four," "Three," "Two," "One." The sound tripled as the engines roared to life, and the ground shook like an earthquake the likes of which Astra had never experienced. The bottom of the rocket burned yellow, orange, and white, an expanding ball of fire. Astra's breath caught in her throat for the tiniest fraction of a second as she waited, hoped, dreamed. The rocket rose. "And we have liftoff!" Thorusofer cried. Astra cheered, she grabbed Abernathy and Thorusofer and hugged them as tears of joy ran down her face. The three of them laughed, giddy, for a moment before Abernathy and Thorusofer each had to return to their panels of instruments. Astra stood in shock as she watched her creation sail upwards, a silver arrow rising to touch the heavens. At this point, the sigils on the outside were no longer visible, though she knew they were there - the blessings and magic of each of the deities, using each of their elements to tie together the intricacies of that which might one day carry dragons to the stars. "We're approaching max Q." Thorusofer said. He looked worried for the first time over the course of the launch, he furrowed his brows as he looked up at the rocket in the sky, growing smaller and smaller each second. The pressure from the atmosphere would be growing as the rocket went faster and faster, before falling away as the atmosphere thinned to give way to true space. That pressure was the one thing that could cause the whole mission to go sideways now that launch had happened. "Earth runes appear to be holding the plates together, I'm not picking up any rattling on the sensors." Abernathy responded. "Pressure's still going up, approaching 30 kPa and increasing." Thorusofer's voice had a tinge of apprehension. "40 kPa, we're almost there." Astra bit her tongue and looked up, trying to imagine being inside the rocket. Being sealed inside, she wouldn't have been able to hear any of the sound, but the heat, the pressure, the intense G force, all of it seemed like so much to put a dragon through. "55 and holding." Thorusofer stared intently at his readouts, some clicking away as the numbers cycled through various responses, others holding the same reading. Astra didn't know which one gave her more anxiety. "Vibrations within acceptable parameters, nothing that should cause any failures." Abernathy said. The tension between the three of them was palpable - if the rocket was going to fail, max Q would be the time. Astra wrung her hands as the rocket streaked away from them, a silent prayer to whichever deity was listening repeating over and over in her mind. "Pressure is dropping, we are past max Q." Thorusofer finally said. Everyone let out individual sighs of relief. Abernathy laughed. "Thank gods." She smiled. "I was so scared the numbers were lying to me and we were going to start seeing a cloud of fire any second." "Oh don't say that yet, we still could." Thorusofer retorted. "Don't want you to curse us, we're only three minutes into the flight!" "Oh stop being so negative, would you?" Astra said with a laugh. "We made it. The rocket is [i]flying.[/i] Soon enough, it'll make its way into orbit, and we can start observing." "Yeah that's when you get to do your fun stuff." Abernathy said. "All your experiments are in zero G, right Astra?" "That's right, I'm looking into how that affects our bodies and technology, maybe so that one day we can go up there ourselves." Astra stared upwards, the rocket she put so much faith in growing smaller and smaller as it was slowly absorbed by the great blue expanse of sky. She knew that somewhere out beyond all that blue was inky blackness, broken only by the sun and by pinprick stars. She was going to see it one day. She knew she would.

hopefully a little bit more technological stance on "taking flight" is acceptable, been on a space kick recently c:

Name: Amaranth41
ID: 212354
Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Things - Story
Entry Title: Ad Astra
Dragon Author:
42224821_350.png

---

Astra paced nervously across the sand, her steps stuttering as she turned back and forth to where Abernathy and Thorusofer had set up with their devices.

"How much longer?"

Abernathy glanced at the ticking numbers as she messed around with pressure gauges, mechanical readouts, every now and then a spark of Lightning arcing from her claws to the exposed wires.

"Two minutes." She said without looking up from what she was working on. "Thorusofer, how's the fuel temperature looking?"

"Holding steady. Pressure is optimal, all seals appear to be holding. Engine temperature is rising, we should be good for ignition in one minute thirty."

The rocket sat on a platform in the sand hundreds of feet away; it was dwarfed by the enormous cliffs at the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins, a toy left behind by a careless dragonet after a day at the beach. And yet, Astra could see the elemental runes on its sides pulsating with power, she could feel the Lightning magic streaking down the cables from Abernathy and Thorusofer's control panels towards the tiny yet massive machine: it was nothing to be trifled with, a feat of dragon engineering.

A smaller, third station was set off to the side of Abernathy and Thorusofer's masses of wiring and gauges and screens, this one made of weather instruments. A barometer took up the bulk of the space, a large round, glass vessel filled with mercury. Above it, an anemometer with a pulsing Wind sigil on it spun lazily, not enough speed for the number paddles to read above zero. The perfect conditions for a launch. Astra wrung her hands together and glanced for the umpteenth time between the rocket and the sky, the vehicle and its final destination, hopefully.

"T-minus ten seconds to ignition." Abernathy's voice snapped Astra out of her musings, and she shook her head briefly. She hurried over to look over Abernathy's shoulder, watching the numbers on her control panel flip as they counted down. "Ignition in five, four, three, two, one. We have ignition."

The ground rumbled as the rocket let out a roar, louder than the largest crack of thunder from the Tempest Spire. The bell at the bottom glowed white hot, and all of the Fire runes on the outside lit up orange as flames began to grow out of the bottom of the engine. With all the light and noise, if Astra hadn't known any better, she would've assumed that Stormcatcher had decided to unleash his wrath.

"Engine temperature within acceptable limits." Thorusofer said, glancing between numbers written on his scroll and the furiously ticking mechanical readouts, each one increasing at a breakneck pace. "Output is stable, we should be getting thrust once we are go for liftoff."

Astra craned her neck over top of Abernathy to check the small weather station to her side, her teal eyes taking in the readings of the instruments. There was a small scroll on the side of the stand that briefly glowed, and Astra rushed over to open it. It was full of numbers, colors, arrows and maps, all forecasting the upcoming wind and weather patterns.

"Just got news from Fahrenheit, he got some new numbers in but we're still good." Astra said with a sigh of relief. "Everything else looks optimal for launch conditions, we are a go."

As Astra looked over to the rocket again, a sleek, metal beast starkly contrasting the undeveloped sands of the northern edge of the Carrion Canyon and the graceful stone buildings just visible over the edge of the Sunbeam Ruins. The sky was a solid blue so intense it almost looked like a painted backdrop, barely any wisps of cloud drifting by, Stormcatcher for once blessing them with clear skies. Astra's heart sang with the rumble of the rocket, fear and excitement mingling in her chest as she waited, patiently, breathlessly, for the moment of truth when the project that she had poured years of her life into finally left the ground. Astra stepped back to Abernathy's control panel to watch the clock tick downwards to liftoff.

The seconds passed as if it was an eternity, finally reaching the single digits.

"Liftoff in T minus ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four,"

"Three,"

"Two,"

"One."

The sound tripled as the engines roared to life, and the ground shook like an earthquake the likes of which Astra had never experienced. The bottom of the rocket burned yellow, orange, and white, an expanding ball of fire. Astra's breath caught in her throat for the tiniest fraction of a second as she waited, hoped, dreamed.

The rocket rose.

"And we have liftoff!" Thorusofer cried.

Astra cheered, she grabbed Abernathy and Thorusofer and hugged them as tears of joy ran down her face. The three of them laughed, giddy, for a moment before Abernathy and Thorusofer each had to return to their panels of instruments. Astra stood in shock as she watched her creation sail upwards, a silver arrow rising to touch the heavens. At this point, the sigils on the outside were no longer visible, though she knew they were there - the blessings and magic of each of the deities, using each of their elements to tie together the intricacies of that which might one day carry dragons to the stars.

"We're approaching max Q." Thorusofer said. He looked worried for the first time over the course of the launch, he furrowed his brows as he looked up at the rocket in the sky, growing smaller and smaller each second. The pressure from the atmosphere would be growing as the rocket went faster and faster, before falling away as the atmosphere thinned to give way to true space. That pressure was the one thing that could cause the whole mission to go sideways now that launch had happened.

"Earth runes appear to be holding the plates together, I'm not picking up any rattling on the sensors." Abernathy responded.

"Pressure's still going up, approaching 30 kPa and increasing." Thorusofer's voice had a tinge of apprehension. "40 kPa, we're almost there."

Astra bit her tongue and looked up, trying to imagine being inside the rocket. Being sealed inside, she wouldn't have been able to hear any of the sound, but the heat, the pressure, the intense G force, all of it seemed like so much to put a dragon through.

"55 and holding." Thorusofer stared intently at his readouts, some clicking away as the numbers cycled through various responses, others holding the same reading. Astra didn't know which one gave her more anxiety.

"Vibrations within acceptable parameters, nothing that should cause any failures." Abernathy said. The tension between the three of them was palpable - if the rocket was going to fail, max Q would be the time. Astra wrung her hands as the rocket streaked away from them, a silent prayer to whichever deity was listening repeating over and over in her mind.

"Pressure is dropping, we are past max Q." Thorusofer finally said. Everyone let out individual sighs of relief. Abernathy laughed.

"Thank gods." She smiled. "I was so scared the numbers were lying to me and we were going to start seeing a cloud of fire any second."

"Oh don't say that yet, we still could." Thorusofer retorted. "Don't want you to curse us, we're only three minutes into the flight!"

"Oh stop being so negative, would you?" Astra said with a laugh. "We made it. The rocket is flying. Soon enough, it'll make its way into orbit, and we can start observing."

"Yeah that's when you get to do your fun stuff." Abernathy said. "All your experiments are in zero G, right Astra?"

"That's right, I'm looking into how that affects our bodies and technology, maybe so that one day we can go up there ourselves."

Astra stared upwards, the rocket she put so much faith in growing smaller and smaller as it was slowly absorbed by the great blue expanse of sky. She knew that somewhere out beyond all that blue was inky blackness, broken only by the sun and by pinprick stars. She was going to see it one day. She knew she would.
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
[columns] @Sushispider1212 Kilkenny skimmed the title as she jotted the entry down. "Word count is good. Looking forward to reading this one. I'm already rooting for the beetle." @Soulthreads "Let's see... yep, looks like everything's in order. Thanks for entering! Have a hat. Also we might have leftover tomes if you get hungry later, though I'm told empty books have no nutritional value." @Amaranth41 "Technological interpretations are absolutely acceptable! Whenever I have to look up any terms or concepts while judging I read the research with an iced strawberry-mint lemonade. Not to say I'm hoping I'll have to look something up now... Welcome and have a hat." [nextcol] [color=transparent]__[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
@Sushispider1212

Kilkenny skimmed the title as she jotted the entry down. "Word count is good. Looking forward to reading this one. I'm already rooting for the beetle."

@Soulthreads

"Let's see... yep, looks like everything's in order. Thanks for entering! Have a hat. Also we might have leftover tomes if you get hungry later, though I'm told empty books have no nutritional value."

@Amaranth41

"Technological interpretations are absolutely acceptable! Whenever I have to look up any terms or concepts while judging I read the research with an iced strawberry-mint lemonade. Not to say I'm hoping I'll have to look something up now...
Welcome and have a hat."
__55696407_350.png
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Gubyub [b]ID:[/b] 567852 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy words-poem [i](if Windy Words) Words used:[/i] Climb, Reach, Sail [b]Entry Title:[/b] Fly, my child [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Windfell [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65302183][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/653022/65302183.png[/img][/url] ----- [center][i]Fly, my child reach for the skies that pull your spirit for you shall paint the world with your laughter and speckle the land with your bright smile Fly, my child Embark your soul on the realm Climb further and further until your chains from the stodgy land break Fly, my child Drift with the winds flow like a zephyr and call out to the unknown Fly my child Let your heart beat with passion let it set tempo with the aer sail the seas of the atmosphere Fly my child for only the world will wait for you and such utter patience is the only time when the winds quiet [/i][/center] (Disclaimer: it says I edited it b/c I wrote the wrong ID)

Name: Gubyub
ID: 567852
Entry Prompt: Windy words-poem
(if Windy Words) Words used: Climb, Reach, Sail
Entry Title: Fly, my child

Dragon Author: Windfell
65302183.png
Fly, my child
reach for the skies that pull your spirit
for you shall paint the world with your laughter
and speckle the land with your bright smile

Fly, my child
Embark your soul on the realm
Climb further and further
until your chains from the stodgy land break

Fly, my child
Drift with the winds
flow like a zephyr
and call out to the unknown

Fly my child
Let your heart beat with passion
let it set tempo with the aer
sail the seas of the atmosphere

Fly my child
for only the world will wait for you
and such utter patience
is the only time when the winds quiet

(Disclaimer: it says I edited it b/c I wrote the wrong ID)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
got sick and couldn't get around to finishing anything until today. let's see how much I can finish before submissions close.

Name: LouckyKoneko
ID: 591595
Entry Title: Morning

Dragon Author: Amarii

A new dawn rises
Tomorrow can’t come sooner
So enjoy today
got sick and couldn't get around to finishing anything until today. let's see how much I can finish before submissions close.

Name: LouckyKoneko
ID: 591595
Entry Title: Morning

Dragon Author: Amarii

A new dawn rises
Tomorrow can’t come sooner
So enjoy today
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png