Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I love being cringe!!!!
1 2 3 4
This is the loveliest thread I have ever encountered.

My "awakening" so to say only came about in recent years. I had always been an outcast for my interests and behavior. All my life. In elementary school, it was art, warrior cats, and being a furry. In middle and high school, it was the same, along with my fashion and reclusiveness. In the first year of college, the same. Only now am I realizing that pretending to be someone I am not is a miserable way to live. Hiding my interests and living a double life has only led to shallow, rocky connections with people that never understood who I really am.

I definitely feel that neurodivergence was a large part of it. Autistic people like myself are always labelled as "cringe" for enjoying certain things or expressing themselves in certain ways. It is a very sad reality that people are so close-minded, they can not understand these differences.

So in the recent year or two, I have simply stopped caring if someone thinks I am "cringe". The label usually comes from a place of ignorance and I do not think ignorant people deserve to be a part of my life. I have stopped trying to be cookie-cutter. I have explored my interests freely, indulging in the things I truly enjoy. I dress the way I want, do what I want, surround myself in things I love, and no longer mask who I truly am- one of a kind!

I truly hope that the world becomes more accepting of differences so the kids growing up in it can be their true selves. I think we are getting there... slowly. I wish I could go back and tell myself not to care so much what people think of me. It took a long time, but I am finally comfortable with being "cringe".

...Which is why I own a ridiculous amount of Ghost merch and listen to little else. Hehe.
This is the loveliest thread I have ever encountered.

My "awakening" so to say only came about in recent years. I had always been an outcast for my interests and behavior. All my life. In elementary school, it was art, warrior cats, and being a furry. In middle and high school, it was the same, along with my fashion and reclusiveness. In the first year of college, the same. Only now am I realizing that pretending to be someone I am not is a miserable way to live. Hiding my interests and living a double life has only led to shallow, rocky connections with people that never understood who I really am.

I definitely feel that neurodivergence was a large part of it. Autistic people like myself are always labelled as "cringe" for enjoying certain things or expressing themselves in certain ways. It is a very sad reality that people are so close-minded, they can not understand these differences.

So in the recent year or two, I have simply stopped caring if someone thinks I am "cringe". The label usually comes from a place of ignorance and I do not think ignorant people deserve to be a part of my life. I have stopped trying to be cookie-cutter. I have explored my interests freely, indulging in the things I truly enjoy. I dress the way I want, do what I want, surround myself in things I love, and no longer mask who I truly am- one of a kind!

I truly hope that the world becomes more accepting of differences so the kids growing up in it can be their true selves. I think we are getting there... slowly. I wish I could go back and tell myself not to care so much what people think of me. It took a long time, but I am finally comfortable with being "cringe".

...Which is why I own a ridiculous amount of Ghost merch and listen to little else. Hehe.
mDccDIk.jpeg SundayV1v7aV2.png20
NB Man (NB Man flag)
He/They (Black)
Lesbian (Lesbian flag)
I am just here for fun.
I love the band Ghost.

carrdVg8nF9v.pnglairVg8nF9v.pngnests
wishlistVg8nF9v.pngfor sale
///Click rat for
///hatchery.

/////DVkv9KU.png
I feel like that one granny in that jreg video that asked, "Who is cringe?"

It's been nice to enjoy my interests without it being a huge rigamarole like it was when I was a kid, that's for sure.
I feel like that one granny in that jreg video that asked, "Who is cringe?"

It's been nice to enjoy my interests without it being a huge rigamarole like it was when I was a kid, that's for sure.
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
@Istoki

hello, fellow mentally healthy individual! i love being normal, don't you? (is he still on that arc? i haven't watched jreg in at least 3 months)
@Istoki

hello, fellow mentally healthy individual! i love being normal, don't you? (is he still on that arc? i haven't watched jreg in at least 3 months)
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.png
Yoo preach ! :) Life is waaay too short to worry about anyone's opinions on what harmless thing is "cool" to like and what is "not cool", so juvenile!! The whole concept of cringe is just silly.

The older you get the less you care honestly. I am myself and you are yourself and we should all be happy with our interests and passions! Personally for me my thing some people might call "cringe" is that I love, love, love, anime and am an avid shipper. I love writing and reading sappy fanfiction and making and seeing sappy art of my ships! At this point I really don't give a toot what anyone thinks. I'm a grown woman I'll do what makes me happy in life, like my silly lil dragon game and Minecraft and Roblox as well. :P
Yoo preach ! :) Life is waaay too short to worry about anyone's opinions on what harmless thing is "cool" to like and what is "not cool", so juvenile!! The whole concept of cringe is just silly.

The older you get the less you care honestly. I am myself and you are yourself and we should all be happy with our interests and passions! Personally for me my thing some people might call "cringe" is that I love, love, love, anime and am an avid shipper. I love writing and reading sappy fanfiction and making and seeing sappy art of my ships! At this point I really don't give a toot what anyone thinks. I'm a grown woman I'll do what makes me happy in life, like my silly lil dragon game and Minecraft and Roblox as well. :P
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[quote name="xCelestialWitch" date="2024-03-25 20:33:26" ] authenticity and genuine self-expression has long been looked-down-upon by others and it's really sad. i remember being like 11-12 and feeling like i had to "tone down" my outward expression of excitement for things in order to not embarrass myself or others or otherwise stand out. it's important to be "chill" or whatever. [/quote] I feel this so much. I remember being praised by my elementary school teachers for "being so mature for my age" when I was 8-12 years old. Like no, I'm just hiding any type of enjoyment or interest because I had been bullied and worse for it. Even almost 20 years later it's still hard to unlearn this. I am not feeling guilty anymore for liking "cringe" stuff, but it's still hard to tell others and being passionate about something in front of them, unless it's in designated online spaces.
xCelestialWitch wrote on 2024-03-25 20:33:26:
authenticity and genuine self-expression has long been looked-down-upon by others and it's really sad.

i remember being like 11-12 and feeling like i had to "tone down" my outward expression of excitement for things in order to not embarrass myself or others or otherwise stand out. it's important to be "chill" or whatever.
I feel this so much. I remember being praised by my elementary school teachers for "being so mature for my age" when I was 8-12 years old. Like no, I'm just hiding any type of enjoyment or interest because I had been bullied and worse for it.

Even almost 20 years later it's still hard to unlearn this. I am not feeling guilty anymore for liking "cringe" stuff, but it's still hard to tell others and being passionate about something in front of them, unless it's in designated online spaces.
OSPKX5l.png
i love being cringe. i cross-ship beta horizon and furina genshin. i am happy and free.
i love being cringe. i cross-ship beta horizon and furina genshin. i am happy and free.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
im CRINGE but im FREE

(insert metal pipe noise here)
im CRINGE but im FREE

(insert metal pipe noise here)
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
this thread is so sweet! I have always had "cringy/nerdy" hobbies too (think typical ~warrior cats kid~ as someone up the thread perfectly put it lol) and eventually I just started hiding my interests... now I'm 24 and happily embrace my excitement for things like manga, rpgs, dragons, etc. - things that I used to be embarrassed about!

it feels really good to just let yourself live and be happy. also, the people who are confident and secure in the things they're passionate people are always the coolest, even if they like "cringy" things. seeing people passionate about things that are obscure or weird makes me so happy! it gets easier & better as you age, too, especially if you manage to find your people :^)
this thread is so sweet! I have always had "cringy/nerdy" hobbies too (think typical ~warrior cats kid~ as someone up the thread perfectly put it lol) and eventually I just started hiding my interests... now I'm 24 and happily embrace my excitement for things like manga, rpgs, dragons, etc. - things that I used to be embarrassed about!

it feels really good to just let yourself live and be happy. also, the people who are confident and secure in the things they're passionate people are always the coolest, even if they like "cringy" things. seeing people passionate about things that are obscure or weird makes me so happy! it gets easier & better as you age, too, especially if you manage to find your people :^)
23814.png
========================================

she/her, 24
avi dragon
sales
FR+3
== 87889418.png
1 2 3 4