Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I love being cringe!!!!
1 2 3 4
Cringe = being alive
Dare I bring back “Haters gonna hate / yolo”
Cringe = being alive
Dare I bring back “Haters gonna hate / yolo”
I love that narrative so much- I guess I would say I would as well, however I don't go out of my way to actively show it- I have a little bag I bring to work for holding my keys and spare change and paper 'n whatnot that had pins and keychains of it of my favorite characters or fun little guys! I even have my fursona as a keychain on it :>

I am slowly coming out of my shell to other people as I share about my interests, but they are small things like FNaF and Markiplier- I still do not talk about much else. I one day want to, and I will- my college research paper is going to be about the Lore of Five Nights at Freddys for example (my prof approved my proposal already)- but yeah :)
I love that narrative so much- I guess I would say I would as well, however I don't go out of my way to actively show it- I have a little bag I bring to work for holding my keys and spare change and paper 'n whatnot that had pins and keychains of it of my favorite characters or fun little guys! I even have my fursona as a keychain on it :>

I am slowly coming out of my shell to other people as I share about my interests, but they are small things like FNaF and Markiplier- I still do not talk about much else. I one day want to, and I will- my college research paper is going to be about the Lore of Five Nights at Freddys for example (my prof approved my proposal already)- but yeah :)
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
I also didn't realize I wasn't "cool" until like middle school. I just liked what I liked and didn't always clock when people were making fun of me (I'm very bad with tone/intention lol). Once I realized it messed with me for a while, especially since "cringe culture" was huggee when I was growing up. As an adult now, I wish I would have been more accepting of my cringe as a teen. I'm glad you have that love and acceptance for yourself! It's probably one of the best things we can do for ourselves. Anytime I think someone might find something I'm doing "cringey" I think of this picture and it makes me feel better. Partly because of the cat :P but mostly because frankly, [i]it is[/i] mean to come after people for silly fun things that bring joy. [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/734/605/73d.jpg[/img]
I also didn't realize I wasn't "cool" until like middle school. I just liked what I liked and didn't always clock when people were making fun of me (I'm very bad with tone/intention lol). Once I realized it messed with me for a while, especially since "cringe culture" was huggee when I was growing up. As an adult now, I wish I would have been more accepting of my cringe as a teen. I'm glad you have that love and acceptance for yourself! It's probably one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

Anytime I think someone might find something I'm doing "cringey" I think of this picture and it makes me feel better. Partly because of the cat :P but mostly because frankly, it is mean to come after people for silly fun things that bring joy.
73d.jpg
hgyV5mU.png
this thread is a MOOD
this thread is a MOOD
NcRl9aq.png
*sits back in being cringe while eating ramen* I'm also in highschool and still being cringe, fear us and our overpowered ocs and sonas >:)
*sits back in being cringe while eating ramen* I'm also in highschool and still being cringe, fear us and our overpowered ocs and sonas >:)
I’d love if you stopped by!
Hatchery
Art Shop
i mean, i always just hide everything lol
but yeah i like being cringe! cringe but free
i mean, i always just hide everything lol
but yeah i like being cringe! cringe but free
WLoOVBq.jpeg
There's nothing wrong with being "cringe". It's all a social construct, and one with no genuine importance. If you like something, provided it doesn't hurt anybody, then I see no issue. I collect Furbies and My Little Ponies, create OCs, watch cartoons, and still reference decade-old memes, ha!

People who judge others for harmless interests are not worth worrying about. I'm glad that you've come to embrace that part of yourself. What is important is that you're enjoying yourself!

Can we go back to using the word cringe to refer to the sympathetic response to seeing people injuring themselves on camera? That'd be nice. Cringe compilations used to be compilations of people hurting themselves, often whilst attempting various stunts. (Mind, I don't personally care to watch those either, but they are far better).
There's nothing wrong with being "cringe". It's all a social construct, and one with no genuine importance. If you like something, provided it doesn't hurt anybody, then I see no issue. I collect Furbies and My Little Ponies, create OCs, watch cartoons, and still reference decade-old memes, ha!

People who judge others for harmless interests are not worth worrying about. I'm glad that you've come to embrace that part of yourself. What is important is that you're enjoying yourself!

Can we go back to using the word cringe to refer to the sympathetic response to seeing people injuring themselves on camera? That'd be nice. Cringe compilations used to be compilations of people hurting themselves, often whilst attempting various stunts. (Mind, I don't personally care to watch those either, but they are far better).
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
authenticity and genuine self-expression has long been looked-down-upon by others and it's really sad.

i remember being like 11-12 and feeling like i had to "tone down" my outward expression of excitement for things in order to not embarrass myself or others or otherwise stand out. it's important to be "chill" or whatever.

i could speculate all day about why "being chill" is so important and why authenticity is seen as "embarrassing" or "cringe," but i'm too busy being cringe to care
authenticity and genuine self-expression has long been looked-down-upon by others and it's really sad.

i remember being like 11-12 and feeling like i had to "tone down" my outward expression of excitement for things in order to not embarrass myself or others or otherwise stand out. it's important to be "chill" or whatever.

i could speculate all day about why "being chill" is so important and why authenticity is seen as "embarrassing" or "cringe," but i'm too busy being cringe to care
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.pnggiphy.gif
This thread is so wholesome, I needed this today :).

But yes, I always was into more unusual things most of my life. Dragons (started since, like, middle school), making random stories, fanfic/stories, anthros/furries, super colorful/eyeburning things (Lisa Frank my beloved), pet sites like Neopets, all of that was, and still is, my jam!

Legit there was even one time in college where someone was making fun of some dragon mobile/facebook game and others were chuckling, and literally I was so hurt because the game looked so cute and totally something I would play :(.

But as I've gotten older I've learned to just "embrace my uniqueness" as my mom always said (she's always been supportive of me and my interests, thanks mom <3!). Like, there's only so many hours in the day, especially just trying to make ends meet and whatnot, why am I gonna *not* do things I totally enjoy just because some other people think it's "cringe", y'know? Legit ain't nobody got time for that. And after accepting who I am and really truly enjoying things that interest me, and joining communities that embrace those things and enjoy them as well, my life has gotten EONS better and more fun! And has helped me through some hard times as well.

But if anyone things you or your interests are cringe, just know that there's always a community of people out there somewhere that truly enjoy those things, and that life's too short to worry about people thinking it's weird (I mean don't do illegal stuff of course).

Sorry that ended up being so long lol, I feel really strongly about this. You all are awesome <3
This thread is so wholesome, I needed this today :).

But yes, I always was into more unusual things most of my life. Dragons (started since, like, middle school), making random stories, fanfic/stories, anthros/furries, super colorful/eyeburning things (Lisa Frank my beloved), pet sites like Neopets, all of that was, and still is, my jam!

Legit there was even one time in college where someone was making fun of some dragon mobile/facebook game and others were chuckling, and literally I was so hurt because the game looked so cute and totally something I would play :(.

But as I've gotten older I've learned to just "embrace my uniqueness" as my mom always said (she's always been supportive of me and my interests, thanks mom <3!). Like, there's only so many hours in the day, especially just trying to make ends meet and whatnot, why am I gonna *not* do things I totally enjoy just because some other people think it's "cringe", y'know? Legit ain't nobody got time for that. And after accepting who I am and really truly enjoying things that interest me, and joining communities that embrace those things and enjoy them as well, my life has gotten EONS better and more fun! And has helped me through some hard times as well.

But if anyone things you or your interests are cringe, just know that there's always a community of people out there somewhere that truly enjoy those things, and that life's too short to worry about people thinking it's weird (I mean don't do illegal stuff of course).

Sorry that ended up being so long lol, I feel really strongly about this. You all are awesome <3
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
As a college kid who wears anything from bright colors and wide-brimmed hats to full-on capes and corsets - who sometimes goes out with a mustache drawn on and sometimes goes out with makeup - I hope every day that I inspire someone younger or insecure about how they want to present that they're allowed to be confident and silly.

Sometimes I get extremely self-conscious about how I present, and sometimes I get nervous when I'm walking alone, but idk I'm, like, trying to manifest a more vibrant world. I hope yall know that it's okay to feel nervous about liking certain things--no one's completely free from that lil voice in the back of our heads--but that doesn't mean we can't work to overcome it every day and try to be who we want to be.

And never let someone make you feel like a bad person for enjoying your interests. You're not being too much, you're being just right <3
As a college kid who wears anything from bright colors and wide-brimmed hats to full-on capes and corsets - who sometimes goes out with a mustache drawn on and sometimes goes out with makeup - I hope every day that I inspire someone younger or insecure about how they want to present that they're allowed to be confident and silly.

Sometimes I get extremely self-conscious about how I present, and sometimes I get nervous when I'm walking alone, but idk I'm, like, trying to manifest a more vibrant world. I hope yall know that it's okay to feel nervous about liking certain things--no one's completely free from that lil voice in the back of our heads--but that doesn't mean we can't work to overcome it every day and try to be who we want to be.

And never let someone make you feel like a bad person for enjoying your interests. You're not being too much, you're being just right <3
kHhJJHP.png Any pronouns
Exalt Neutral
Tryin my best :3
Celeana2.gif
1 2 3 4