Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What oddly specific opinions do you have
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="@xCelestialWitch" date="2024-03-25 18:13:25" ] i hate it when people say: "and............ GO!" (alternately: "aaaaaaaaaand GO!") when asking for others input on something (favorite artists, good recipes, places to visit, oddly specific opinions, literally anything) like we're all clamoring to share whatever we can with the OP even if i had something to add i'm not gonna do it now [emoji=skull size=1] [/quote] ngl I misunderstood this at first, I thought you meant like in shows when people wait for the long pause that's really only there for the audience.
@xCelestialWitch wrote on 2024-03-25 18:13:25:
i hate it when people say:

"and............ GO!" (alternately: "aaaaaaaaaand GO!")

when asking for others input on something (favorite artists, good recipes, places to visit, oddly specific opinions, literally anything)

like we're all clamoring to share whatever we can with the OP

even if i had something to add i'm not gonna do it now
ngl I misunderstood this at first, I thought you meant like in shows when people wait for the long pause that's really only there for the audience.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Passive communication boils my blood. Background: I'm very autistic.

"Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Oh that sounds nice. Yeah, I'm just having a hard time... well, I have so many boxes to pack in my apartment... yeah, moving sucks... especially when I'm on my own, and it was all so sudden. I don't know how I'm gonna get it all done myself..."

vs

"Hey, could you help me pack to move on Saturday? I know it's short notice but I only found out a couple hours ago that I'm being kicked out. I'll buy dinner after we get it all done."

The former feels extremely manipulative, rude, and gross, and implies that whatever I was going to do with my weekend isn't valuable. It also implies that they're entitled to my time, and is specifically meant to try to make me feel bad if I say no. The latter respects my time, feelings, and intelligence, and lets me know exactly what they want. The second way gives everyone the power to set boundaries without damaging the friendship.

It's even worse on the side of offered help. Passive communicators like to decide what they think you want or need based on an idea that they made up in their own heads, vs just taking at face value that you asked for what you wanted or needed. "I know you said you needed XYZ, but I got ABC instead because I thought it'd look better on you!" Things of that nature. It is extremely difficult to explain that they shouldn't make adjustments based on what they've independently decided I'd like more, because I know my own needs better than they do. And then I'm the bad guy for being disappointed in their """thoughtful""" assistance that won't work for what I need or makes things worse.

It's gotten to the point where I just don't tell the passive communicators in my life what I need (because like hell they'll listen or care about what I have to say anyway) and I just take them at their word when they tell me something. If they don't ask for help, they must not want it. If they say they want XYZ for their birthday, they're getting exactly XYZ. That sort of thing. I am too burnt out to try to spontaneously develop telepathy because someone feels the need to lie to me constantly based on what they think my feelings are.

There are almost no passive communicators left in my life and I think everyone's happy about it.
Passive communication boils my blood. Background: I'm very autistic.

"Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Oh that sounds nice. Yeah, I'm just having a hard time... well, I have so many boxes to pack in my apartment... yeah, moving sucks... especially when I'm on my own, and it was all so sudden. I don't know how I'm gonna get it all done myself..."

vs

"Hey, could you help me pack to move on Saturday? I know it's short notice but I only found out a couple hours ago that I'm being kicked out. I'll buy dinner after we get it all done."

The former feels extremely manipulative, rude, and gross, and implies that whatever I was going to do with my weekend isn't valuable. It also implies that they're entitled to my time, and is specifically meant to try to make me feel bad if I say no. The latter respects my time, feelings, and intelligence, and lets me know exactly what they want. The second way gives everyone the power to set boundaries without damaging the friendship.

It's even worse on the side of offered help. Passive communicators like to decide what they think you want or need based on an idea that they made up in their own heads, vs just taking at face value that you asked for what you wanted or needed. "I know you said you needed XYZ, but I got ABC instead because I thought it'd look better on you!" Things of that nature. It is extremely difficult to explain that they shouldn't make adjustments based on what they've independently decided I'd like more, because I know my own needs better than they do. And then I'm the bad guy for being disappointed in their """thoughtful""" assistance that won't work for what I need or makes things worse.

It's gotten to the point where I just don't tell the passive communicators in my life what I need (because like hell they'll listen or care about what I have to say anyway) and I just take them at their word when they tell me something. If they don't ask for help, they must not want it. If they say they want XYZ for their birthday, they're getting exactly XYZ. That sort of thing. I am too burnt out to try to spontaneously develop telepathy because someone feels the need to lie to me constantly based on what they think my feelings are.

There are almost no passive communicators left in my life and I think everyone's happy about it.
hoMNYDJ.png
if your favourite condiment is ketchup you are either 5 years old or your taste is of a 5 year old's. /nm /neu
if your favourite condiment is ketchup you are either 5 years old or your taste is of a 5 year old's. /nm /neu
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls!
When there's a character with a normal design with no clear gendered features nor any overtly mentioned gender but it's stated somewhere that the character is officially female, but people refer to it as "he"... totally fair mistake to make but it just irks me. (Examples: Ender Dragon from Minecraft, Runner from Run 3)
When there's a character with a normal design with no clear gendered features nor any overtly mentioned gender but it's stated somewhere that the character is officially female, but people refer to it as "he"... totally fair mistake to make but it just irks me. (Examples: Ender Dragon from Minecraft, Runner from Run 3)
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
lots of weird shaming people for art/food preferences or just having fun here
lots of weird shaming people for art/food preferences or just having fun here
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I hate it when people say disassociate when they really mean dissociate. Two different words. Please.
I hate it when people say disassociate when they really mean dissociate. Two different words. Please.
people being overly sarcastic gets on my nerves. bonus points if they tell you that "it was a joke" when you react the same way. just get to the point man I already can't figure out normal convos
people being overly sarcastic gets on my nerves. bonus points if they tell you that "it was a joke" when you react the same way. just get to the point man I already can't figure out normal convos
ZcrsSbC.png
i put milk first (full bowl), then cereal. this way you can more precisely calculate how much you'd be able to eat (and then just drink the excess milk) and you can put cereal in small portions, so they won't become all soggy because you couldn't finish the bowl fast enough. at some point milk will become sweet and sugary, which a lot of people, including me, enjoy.

and to this day it baffles me how i'm in the minority. this society has wronged me so many times and this is probably up there as one of the most egregious examples /j

edit: typo
i put milk first (full bowl), then cereal. this way you can more precisely calculate how much you'd be able to eat (and then just drink the excess milk) and you can put cereal in small portions, so they won't become all soggy because you couldn't finish the bowl fast enough. at some point milk will become sweet and sugary, which a lot of people, including me, enjoy.

and to this day it baffles me how i'm in the minority. this society has wronged me so many times and this is probably up there as one of the most egregious examples /j

edit: typo
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not and second of all its got some morally dubious connotations that i shant get into. folk are capable of name a horde of specific genres you like and simultaneously refrain from implying specific genres of an art thats as old as man-made tools are bad >_<
i hate when people say their music taste is "everything but rap/hiphop/country" because first off i am a sincere believer that there are gems you will like in every genre just depends if you'd find it worthwhile to go on that hunt or not and second of all its got some morally dubious connotations that i shant get into. folk are capable of name a horde of specific genres you like and simultaneously refrain from implying specific genres of an art thats as old as man-made tools are bad >_<
edsheeran%20100x100.png
AaYNmEX.png
metalgoth.png
TdTJOrw.png
when people phrase a command as a question. like when someone says "hey can you do this" when they actually mean "you're going to do this, you don't have a choice, if you refuse i am going to me mad at you"
when people phrase a command as a question. like when someone says "hey can you do this" when they actually mean "you're going to do this, you don't have a choice, if you refuse i am going to me mad at you"
WBsJuD1.png
i'm bugs
she/they/rot/.com
forum pings make me go ":)"
1 2 3 4 5 6