Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Split festival skins…
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-03-25 13:24:02" ] I think there should essentially be two contests (one for Ancients, one for Moderns), with a certain number of winners each. As Twizz says, just more slots won't solve the problem this is trying to solve. Only adding criteria on those slots will help with the variety issue. And Ancient/Modern criteria seems like a perfectly sensible criteria to me. [/quote] That's a very good point. While I removed it due to not being directly tied to my base suggestion, I did briefly add an edit that also suggested two separate submission options for the breed types. It could be summed up as "two threads that could each get two submissions, one skin winning DQ's any other submissions from that player." There's no difference in rewards it would just divide it into two categories and potentially double the winning chance due to having a max of 4 submissions across the 2 threads
Almedha wrote on 2024-03-25 13:24:02:
I think there should essentially be two contests (one for Ancients, one for Moderns), with a certain number of winners each. As Twizz says, just more slots won't solve the problem this is trying to solve. Only adding criteria on those slots will help with the variety issue. And Ancient/Modern criteria seems like a perfectly sensible criteria to me.
That's a very good point. While I removed it due to not being directly tied to my base suggestion, I did briefly add an edit that also suggested two separate submission options for the breed types. It could be summed up as "two threads that could each get two submissions, one skin winning DQ's any other submissions from that player." There's no difference in rewards it would just divide it into two categories and potentially double the winning chance due to having a max of 4 submissions across the 2 threads
I would support this, if as an artist I could submit skins in both the Modern and Ancient threads. I'm not saying this because I want to win twice, or even that I would end up making more than two skins total, but more... my memory can be hot garbage for things like, "Did I post on this thread?" and I don't wanna DQ myself for having ideas for both Moderns and Ancients.
I would support this, if as an artist I could submit skins in both the Modern and Ancient threads. I'm not saying this because I want to win twice, or even that I would end up making more than two skins total, but more... my memory can be hot garbage for things like, "Did I post on this thread?" and I don't wanna DQ myself for having ideas for both Moderns and Ancients.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

@Renaiwom I’m not sure if you were responding to me or another player, but just in case you were responding to me, I wasn’t saying submitting to one thread DQ’s you from submitting to the other. I was saying that if you WON, your submitted skin is 100% getting added to the game, any of the other submissions you made would be disqualified from being able to win, so a player cannot win twice Sorry if you weren’t responding to me though[emoji=snapper tongue size=1]
@Renaiwom
I’m not sure if you were responding to me or another player, but just in case you were responding to me, I wasn’t saying submitting to one thread DQ’s you from submitting to the other. I was saying that if you WON, your submitted skin is 100% getting added to the game, any of the other submissions you made would be disqualified from being able to win, so a player cannot win twice

Sorry if you weren’t responding to me though
@KrystalRage I was responding to the thread in general- but clarifications like that never hurt (and honestly, I think it's 100% reasonable that you can't double-dip winning entries, as it were!)
@KrystalRage I was responding to the thread in general- but clarifications like that never hurt (and honestly, I think it's 100% reasonable that you can't double-dip winning entries, as it were!)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I would like this also. I keep being more and more disappointed when I look at the fest skins. I hardly own any of each ancient breed, especially the newer ones. I don't usually buy dragons to fit skins, I buy skins to fit dragons 90% of the time. I think the Aether breed is very unappealing, but it seems to be popular. While there's nothing wrong with that, I see a lot of aether skins I will never use. (The fox one is awesome though, props to the creator. :D) I feel like I haven't seen enough Guardian skins recently. :( At this rate it feels like we will definitely start running into issues with some breeds not getting enough love, simply because there are too many dragon breeds/poses for the number of winners we get. Besides, one of my favorite things to do each fest is check out all the winners on the post to see what skins we got. [emoji=veilspun love size=1]
I would like this also. I keep being more and more disappointed when I look at the fest skins. I hardly own any of each ancient breed, especially the newer ones. I don't usually buy dragons to fit skins, I buy skins to fit dragons 90% of the time.
I think the Aether breed is very unappealing, but it seems to be popular. While there's nothing wrong with that, I see a lot of aether skins I will never use. (The fox one is awesome though, props to the creator. :D)

I feel like I haven't seen enough Guardian skins recently. :(

At this rate it feels like we will definitely start running into issues with some breeds not getting enough love, simply because there are too many dragon breeds/poses for the number of winners we get. Besides, one of my favorite things to do each fest is check out all the winners on the post to see what skins we got.
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
1 2 3 4