Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | magical encounters writing [open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
He doesn't have a 'job' per se, but he would probably be good at stealth/espionage activities or anything involving a certain level of stealth, charisma and/or trickery. His trickery is mostly directed at whoever he's investigating and not the one who forms a contract with him, but sometimes he will leverage contracts to get certain things he wants (malicious compliance but more oh-dang-I-accidentally-just-gave-him-a-luxury-mansion kind of malicious). He doesn't get his hands dirty, and has a certain moral code (but no one knows what it is).

Writing that chunk out made me think that he Possibly could have made a contract with a minor trickster spirit,, I dunno, there are so many possibilities!!

Perhaps you could write about something where he's hired to be a private investigator at some kind of large social gathering? And maybe he gives everyone cards after talking to them (like the 'give roses after conversation for flattery purposes' character archetype) but everyone is just confused and looking at the nice card art.

My apologies for the vagueness and scattered ideas, his character isn't exactly fleshed out at the moment ^^" feel free to pick and choose just the points that give you inspiration! And don't worry about going under/over the word count! I will pay no matter what xD
He doesn't have a 'job' per se, but he would probably be good at stealth/espionage activities or anything involving a certain level of stealth, charisma and/or trickery. His trickery is mostly directed at whoever he's investigating and not the one who forms a contract with him, but sometimes he will leverage contracts to get certain things he wants (malicious compliance but more oh-dang-I-accidentally-just-gave-him-a-luxury-mansion kind of malicious). He doesn't get his hands dirty, and has a certain moral code (but no one knows what it is).

Writing that chunk out made me think that he Possibly could have made a contract with a minor trickster spirit,, I dunno, there are so many possibilities!!

Perhaps you could write about something where he's hired to be a private investigator at some kind of large social gathering? And maybe he gives everyone cards after talking to them (like the 'give roses after conversation for flattery purposes' character archetype) but everyone is just confused and looking at the nice card art.

My apologies for the vagueness and scattered ideas, his character isn't exactly fleshed out at the moment ^^" feel free to pick and choose just the points that give you inspiration! And don't worry about going under/over the word count! I will pay no matter what xD
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678 I love that!!! Sounds exciting!!!

Couple more questions if you don't mind:

I love the minor trickster spirit! Is he influenced by the trickster spirit or is he merely imbued with a lighter form of the spirit's abilities? ie the spirit allowed him access to certain abilities to do his role? Is there an indication of this spirit in his activities, ie, glint in his eyes, or a shadow moving on its own, etc? :D

Delighted to write that scene!!! Might be a little longer than the initial 300 words in this case - I'll let you know how much once it's done, but it'll be a pretty focused scene regardless :D Do you still want him addressing the reader at some point in the scene? :D

Do you want him written in the form of a spiral (ie the social gathering is of dragons) or a humanoid (ie human-form social gathering)? :D

Thank you so much!!! :D
@Tirtouga678 I love that!!! Sounds exciting!!!

Couple more questions if you don't mind:

I love the minor trickster spirit! Is he influenced by the trickster spirit or is he merely imbued with a lighter form of the spirit's abilities? ie the spirit allowed him access to certain abilities to do his role? Is there an indication of this spirit in his activities, ie, glint in his eyes, or a shadow moving on its own, etc? :D

Delighted to write that scene!!! Might be a little longer than the initial 300 words in this case - I'll let you know how much once it's done, but it'll be a pretty focused scene regardless :D Do you still want him addressing the reader at some point in the scene? :D

Do you want him written in the form of a spiral (ie the social gathering is of dragons) or a humanoid (ie human-form social gathering)? :D

Thank you so much!!! :D
MreCscM.png
He was granted a few of the spirit's abilities, in exchange for promising to entertain the spirit (ie through trickery and mild chaos). I'd say there isn't much indication of the spirit's blessing, except maybe his persuasive powers and his magic?

I imagine him breaking the fourth wall to be somewhere around the end of the scene but if it doesn't fit, feel free to cut it! I'd like a bit more emphasis on his investigation and chaotic energy in the scene haha. Please write him in spiral form, thank you! :D
He was granted a few of the spirit's abilities, in exchange for promising to entertain the spirit (ie through trickery and mild chaos). I'd say there isn't much indication of the spirit's blessing, except maybe his persuasive powers and his magic?

I imagine him breaking the fourth wall to be somewhere around the end of the scene but if it doesn't fit, feel free to cut it! I'd like a bit more emphasis on his investigation and chaotic energy in the scene haha. Please write him in spiral form, thank you! :D

@Tirtouga678 Beautiful, thank you so much!!! The next time you get a ping from me will probably be to let you know that I've completed your story! Thank you again! :DDDD
@Tirtouga678 Beautiful, thank you so much!!! The next time you get a ping from me will probably be to let you know that I've completed your story! Thank you again! :DDDD
MreCscM.png
Awesome, thank you! :DD
Awesome, thank you! :DD

@Tirtouga678 [quote]Perhaps you could write about something where he's hired to be a private investigator at some kind of large social gathering? And maybe he gives everyone cards after talking to them (like the 'give roses after conversation for flattery purposes' character archetype) but everyone is just confused and looking at the nice card art.[/quote] Hello! Are you okay if I wrote a full scene for this, and are you okay if it exceeded 500 words, because my prices change a little over 500 words! It'll be 500kt for the first 500 words, plus 150kt for every 100 words over 500. Please let me know if you'd rather I keep it below 500 words, or if you have an upper limit of the amount of words to keep to! (Right now I'm nearing the end of the scene but it's sitting at 600 words. It won't exceed 1000 words!) Side question, I'm having him converse with two dragons for this scene - are there any specific two of your own dragons that you'd like to be in the roles, or shall I just be general about the other two dragons? :) Also just a note that I currently have him dealing with regular playing cards and magic in this scene, instead of specifically poker! Hope that's alright!
@Tirtouga678
Quote:

Hello! Are you okay if I wrote a full scene for this, and are you okay if it exceeded 500 words, because my prices change a little over 500 words! It'll be 500kt for the first 500 words, plus 150kt for every 100 words over 500. Please let me know if you'd rather I keep it below 500 words, or if you have an upper limit of the amount of words to keep to! (Right now I'm nearing the end of the scene but it's sitting at 600 words. It won't exceed 1000 words!)

Side question, I'm having him converse with two dragons for this scene - are there any specific two of your own dragons that you'd like to be in the roles, or shall I just be general about the other two dragons? :)

Also just a note that I currently have him dealing with regular playing cards and magic in this scene, instead of specifically poker! Hope that's alright!
MreCscM.png
@mgcltwo Yeah sure!! I don't have an upper limit, just write to your heart's content :D If you'd like, you can add this girl in as his accomplice? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40063525][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/400636/40063525.png[/img][/url] Maybe she could be performing and helping him keep an eye on a prime suspect or something. If you can't fit it in I'm perfectly fine with two generic dragons though! Oh yeah, regular cards and magic works perfect! Thanks for checking in! I'm excited to see the final piece ^^
@mgcltwo

Yeah sure!! I don't have an upper limit, just write to your heart's content :D

If you'd like, you can add this girl in as his accomplice?
40063525.png
Maybe she could be performing and helping him keep an eye on a prime suspect or something. If you can't fit it in I'm perfectly fine with two generic dragons though!

Oh yeah, regular cards and magic works perfect!

Thanks for checking in! I'm excited to see the final piece ^^

Quick non-ping update that I didn't like the direction it was going and am rewriting half the scene. So goes the writing process! :')
Quick non-ping update that I didn't like the direction it was going and am rewriting half the scene. So goes the writing process! :')
MreCscM.png
@Tirtouga678 :D Thanks for your patience!!! I've completed it, and it comes to a close at 1,289 words! That makes it (150x7)+500=1,550g or 1,550,000t! You can send it over in a CR or PM and I'll pick it up right before posting the story here!

Thank you so much for the commission!!! I really hope you enjoy it <33333
@Tirtouga678 :D Thanks for your patience!!! I've completed it, and it comes to a close at 1,289 words! That makes it (150x7)+500=1,550g or 1,550,000t! You can send it over in a CR or PM and I'll pick it up right before posting the story here!

Thank you so much for the commission!!! I really hope you enjoy it <33333
MreCscM.png
@Tirtouga678 :D!!!!! Went a little unhinged with the characters because it felt like Lucas would bring that energy with him. Please let me know what you think! :) ----- [center] Dragons glided across the ballroom, sipping drinks and making polite conversations. A band played a slow, groovy tune that guests swayed to. It was a calm start to the party, though a slow interest was building in the corner as guests caught sight of the list of upcoming entertainment. A dragon waved across the ballroom to someone they knew, headed toward them, and the two began to make small talk. "This gathering is just magnificent," the first dragon remarked. "Have you ever seen such lavish decor?" "Simply splendid. You can tell that no expense was spared," the other agreed. "Did you see the entertainment line-up? Oh, I can't wait!" "Lucas was on the list! I've heard that he's very exclusive with his performances." "Oh, he is. I've tried to book him, but he's never available. I wonder what he has prepared for his performance today." "Did I hear my name?" Lucas cut in smoothly, his long form loosely coiling around the duo as he settled next to them. The first dragon's drink sloshed in their goblet as they jumped, startled by Lucas' sudden appearance, seemingly out of thin air. Other dragons too, looked in their direction, his presence drawing attention to the duo. "Oh, my goodness!" the first dragon chuckled. "It's Lucas! How much of our conversation did you hear?" "Just enough. And I do have to apologize," Lucas lowered his head in a dramatic sorrowful gesture before the second dragon, "I wanted to be there for your various events, but I had been... fully booked." "Oh, no worries at all," the second dragon responded eagerly, "I get to watch your performance today!" Lucas gave them a charming smile. "How about, as an apology, I give you a little taste of my performance to come?" he winked, and revealed his playing cards in a hand. The first dragon widened their eyes and the second dragon leaned forward in interest. "Oh? A private performance just for us?" the second dragon raised their voice slightly to draw the attention of others. They hadn't needed to do that; everyone around them already had their eyes and ears tuned in to their conversation. A crowd was gathering around them, whispers of Lucas' presence reaching the far end of the room. Lucas was clearly aware of this, his gestures broad so more people could see him, but he kept his attention on the two in front of him. "Of course! It's the least I can do. But first, I want you to loosen up a little. Do a little jiggle! A little wiggle!" Lucas demonstrated, spinning and twirling where he stood, rolling waves down his long form. The two dragons began to imitate him, smiles growing across their faces. Lucas encouraged, "That's right! We're at a party! Shake all those formalities away and have fun!" The dance was infectious, and soon everyone around them had joined the little dance party. The music had picked up the excitement of the crowd, becoming more upbeat. The first dragon downed their entire drink at once, and let loose a cheer, "Whoo!" Seeing this, the second dragon did the same, eagerly participating in the entirety of Lucas' performance. "That's the spirit!" Lucas laughed, and beckoned a waitress to bring more drinks. A coatl glided over and offered the two dragons new goblets, and then a third one for Lucas. Lucas raised his goblet to the two. "Bottoms up!" he announced, and watched the two dragons finish their second drink. "Wow!" the second dragon shook themself. The coatl swiftly took the empty goblets from them, facing no resistance, and disappeared back into the crowd. "Beautiful, beautiful," Lucas nodded in approval. "Now, before I do the trick, I'd like to know my audience a little better. Just one simple question - where were you before this party?" "Ooh ooh!" the second dragon eagerly spoke first, "I had tea with some friends all the way across Sornieth, in the Sunbeam Ruins! They're here too! They're somewhere!" Lucas beamed at the dragon as their attention drifted and they peered into the crowd. He turned to the first dragon and gestured at them for their response. The first dragon had their maw tightly squeezed shut, only for a giggle to seep through, followed by a burst of laughter. "I can't tell you!" the first dragon managed to say in between gasps of air, trying to calm themself down. "Why not?" Lucas grinned. "It's a secret! No one's supposed to know! I swore an oath!" the first dragon explained, but with each sentence, their voice rose higher and higher, as though nervous... or dying to spill the beans. "Oh, come on!" Lucas encouraged. He gestured at everyone's drinks and offered the dragon his own untouched goblet as well. "No one's going to remember!" The dragon took the goblet "Oh alright!" they burst out, "I was in the Tangled Woods!" "Of course, a naturally shady place for shady business!" Lucas teased. "We weren't even doing anything [i]THAT[/i] bad!" The dragon defended themself, then laughed and drank the third goblet. True to his word, Lucas finally began his show for them, shuffling the cards and tossing them from hand to hand, wing to wing. Finally, with a quick flick of his tail, the cards were spread out along the end of his spiral. The second dragon burst into a round of excited applause. Lucas turned to the first dragon. "Pick a card, any card," he gestured with a flourish. The first dragon considered their options thoughtfully, tapping a claw against their goblet, then drew one, careful to keep it out of Lucas' sight. Everyone's attention turned back to Lucas, who produced a marker with a flick of his hand. "You know the next step, sign your chosen card, return it to the deck, and shuffle it." The first dragon did as they were told, a little clumsy after three drinks, which only made the crowd chuckle in entertainment. Lucas took the deck of cards back, shuffled it once again with a series of complicated hand movements, and then tossed the cards into the air. Beneath the shower of cards, Lucas caught one. He looked at it, and his expression fell. He flipped it over to show the wrong card to them. "Sorry folks, seems like the magic isn't working today." "WHAT!?" the second dragon gasped loudly. "But you're the great Lucas! How could this happen?!" A smile slowly grew across Lucas' expression. "Oh... you got me. I was just kidding. Your signed card is actually over there!" Lucas pointed across the room, and everyone strained to see. The coatl waitress waved at them, and with a flick of her wrist, revealed a sealed envelope. She passed it to someone else who guaranteed that it was sealed, then opened it to reveal the signed card. An applause thundered through the ballroom, the two dragons before Lucas grabbing each other and jumping in excitement. "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" the second dragon declared. Lucas unraveled his long form from around them. The crowd parted for him, still clapping and cheering, as he moved back with another deep bow. "You've been a wonderful audience," he announced, "but now, I have to go and prepare for my next set." "LUCAS, YOU'RE AMAZING!" the first dragon shouted as well, caught up in the second dragon's enthusiasm. Lucas reached the coatl waitress, and together they turned in the same direction and walked briskly, the coatl carefully keeping the signed card back in the envelope. Lucas says something to the coatl, his voice drowned out by the cheers around him, but stops abruptly when he sees you. A smile broadens across his face, a sparkle in his eyes. "There you are! I've been looking for you." END [/center] ----- Easy credit code! :D [code] [center]Written by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3238498/]mgcltwo[/url][/center] [/code]
@Tirtouga678

:D!!!!! Went a little unhinged with the characters because it felt like Lucas would bring that energy with him. Please let me know what you think! :)

Dragons glided across the ballroom, sipping drinks and making polite conversations. A band played a slow, groovy tune that guests swayed to. It was a calm start to the party, though a slow interest was building in the corner as guests caught sight of the list of upcoming entertainment. A dragon waved across the ballroom to someone they knew, headed toward them, and the two began to make small talk.

"This gathering is just magnificent," the first dragon remarked. "Have you ever seen such lavish decor?"

"Simply splendid. You can tell that no expense was spared," the other agreed. "Did you see the entertainment line-up? Oh, I can't wait!"

"Lucas was on the list! I've heard that he's very exclusive with his performances."

"Oh, he is. I've tried to book him, but he's never available. I wonder what he has prepared for his performance today."

"Did I hear my name?" Lucas cut in smoothly, his long form loosely coiling around the duo as he settled next to them. The first dragon's drink sloshed in their goblet as they jumped, startled by Lucas' sudden appearance, seemingly out of thin air. Other dragons too, looked in their direction, his presence drawing attention to the duo.

"Oh, my goodness!" the first dragon chuckled. "It's Lucas! How much of our conversation did you hear?"

"Just enough. And I do have to apologize," Lucas lowered his head in a dramatic sorrowful gesture before the second dragon, "I wanted to be there for your various events, but I had been... fully booked."

"Oh, no worries at all," the second dragon responded eagerly, "I get to watch your performance today!"

Lucas gave them a charming smile. "How about, as an apology, I give you a little taste of my performance to come?" he winked, and revealed his playing cards in a hand.

The first dragon widened their eyes and the second dragon leaned forward in interest. "Oh? A private performance just for us?" the second dragon raised their voice slightly to draw the attention of others. They hadn't needed to do that; everyone around them already had their eyes and ears tuned in to their conversation. A crowd was gathering around them, whispers of Lucas' presence reaching the far end of the room. Lucas was clearly aware of this, his gestures broad so more people could see him, but he kept his attention on the two in front of him.

"Of course! It's the least I can do. But first, I want you to loosen up a little. Do a little jiggle! A little wiggle!" Lucas demonstrated, spinning and twirling where he stood, rolling waves down his long form. The two dragons began to imitate him, smiles growing across their faces. Lucas encouraged, "That's right! We're at a party! Shake all those formalities away and have fun!"

The dance was infectious, and soon everyone around them had joined the little dance party. The music had picked up the excitement of the crowd, becoming more upbeat. The first dragon downed their entire drink at once, and let loose a cheer, "Whoo!" Seeing this, the second dragon did the same, eagerly participating in the entirety of Lucas' performance.

"That's the spirit!" Lucas laughed, and beckoned a waitress to bring more drinks. A coatl glided over and offered the two dragons new goblets, and then a third one for Lucas. Lucas raised his goblet to the two. "Bottoms up!" he announced, and watched the two dragons finish their second drink.

"Wow!" the second dragon shook themself. The coatl swiftly took the empty goblets from them, facing no resistance, and disappeared back into the crowd.

"Beautiful, beautiful," Lucas nodded in approval. "Now, before I do the trick, I'd like to know my audience a little better. Just one simple question - where were you before this party?"

"Ooh ooh!" the second dragon eagerly spoke first, "I had tea with some friends all the way across Sornieth, in the Sunbeam Ruins! They're here too! They're somewhere!"

Lucas beamed at the dragon as their attention drifted and they peered into the crowd. He turned to the first dragon and gestured at them for their response. The first dragon had their maw tightly squeezed shut, only for a giggle to seep through, followed by a burst of laughter.

"I can't tell you!" the first dragon managed to say in between gasps of air, trying to calm themself down.

"Why not?" Lucas grinned.

"It's a secret! No one's supposed to know! I swore an oath!" the first dragon explained, but with each sentence, their voice rose higher and higher, as though nervous... or dying to spill the beans.

"Oh, come on!" Lucas encouraged. He gestured at everyone's drinks and offered the dragon his own untouched goblet as well. "No one's going to remember!"

The dragon took the goblet "Oh alright!" they burst out, "I was in the Tangled Woods!"

"Of course, a naturally shady place for shady business!" Lucas teased.

"We weren't even doing anything THAT bad!" The dragon defended themself, then laughed and drank the third goblet.

True to his word, Lucas finally began his show for them, shuffling the cards and tossing them from hand to hand, wing to wing. Finally, with a quick flick of his tail, the cards were spread out along the end of his spiral. The second dragon burst into a round of excited applause.

Lucas turned to the first dragon. "Pick a card, any card," he gestured with a flourish.

The first dragon considered their options thoughtfully, tapping a claw against their goblet, then drew one, careful to keep it out of Lucas' sight. Everyone's attention turned back to Lucas, who produced a marker with a flick of his hand. "You know the next step, sign your chosen card, return it to the deck, and shuffle it."

The first dragon did as they were told, a little clumsy after three drinks, which only made the crowd chuckle in entertainment.

Lucas took the deck of cards back, shuffled it once again with a series of complicated hand movements, and then tossed the cards into the air. Beneath the shower of cards, Lucas caught one. He looked at it, and his expression fell. He flipped it over to show the wrong card to them. "Sorry folks, seems like the magic isn't working today."

"WHAT!?" the second dragon gasped loudly. "But you're the great Lucas! How could this happen?!"

A smile slowly grew across Lucas' expression. "Oh... you got me. I was just kidding. Your signed card is actually over there!" Lucas pointed across the room, and everyone strained to see.

The coatl waitress waved at them, and with a flick of her wrist, revealed a sealed envelope. She passed it to someone else who guaranteed that it was sealed, then opened it to reveal the signed card.

An applause thundered through the ballroom, the two dragons before Lucas grabbing each other and jumping in excitement.

"THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" the second dragon declared.

Lucas unraveled his long form from around them. The crowd parted for him, still clapping and cheering, as he moved back with another deep bow. "You've been a wonderful audience," he announced, "but now, I have to go and prepare for my next set."

"LUCAS, YOU'RE AMAZING!" the first dragon shouted as well, caught up in the second dragon's enthusiasm.

Lucas reached the coatl waitress, and together they turned in the same direction and walked briskly, the coatl carefully keeping the signed card back in the envelope. Lucas says something to the coatl, his voice drowned out by the cheers around him, but stops abruptly when he sees you. A smile broadens across his face, a sparkle in his eyes.

"There you are! I've been looking for you."

END

Easy credit code! :D
Code:
[center]Written by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3238498/]mgcltwo[/url][/center]
MreCscM.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9