Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | New, Looking for Advice
Hi all! I'm brand new to FR - I've wanted to get into it for quite some time, but have always been a bit overwhelmed by all the other players with all the super cool rare dragons and all the things to do. But, here I am! And, well, I have no clue where to begin haha. Do you guys have any advice for a newcomer who is very good at worrying a bit too much about rarities/quality of dragons, but wants to try very hard to fight that urge and just have a chill and casual time? Where do I start learning about all this stuff? There's so much to do and I am so on the fence as to how much I want to worry about the meta lolll.

Ty in advance ^-^!
Hi all! I'm brand new to FR - I've wanted to get into it for quite some time, but have always been a bit overwhelmed by all the other players with all the super cool rare dragons and all the things to do. But, here I am! And, well, I have no clue where to begin haha. Do you guys have any advice for a newcomer who is very good at worrying a bit too much about rarities/quality of dragons, but wants to try very hard to fight that urge and just have a chill and casual time? Where do I start learning about all this stuff? There's so much to do and I am so on the fence as to how much I want to worry about the meta lolll.

Ty in advance ^-^!
@Quetzyle
[GUIDE] The Starters Guide to FR
@Quetzyle
[GUIDE] The Starters Guide to FR
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@Quetzyle Hello and welcome to FR!

You may be in luck if you're worried about focusing too much on dragon rarity/value— dragon rarity is an absolute myth. Gene rarity and breed rarity exist, but ultimately, all dragons are worth exactly the same to the site itself, and any disparity in "value" is entirely in the eye of the beholder. There are some player defined markets of rarity, but to the site itself? Every dragon is the same. Follow your heart and find what makes you happy!

As for starting to learn about the site… I'd advise just poking around, trying things out. There's space for all sorts of different playstyles.

One thing of note— you arrived just in time for Wind's festival, so you may want to check out what you can buy with the Messenger's Scrolls you can get from site activities for the next week here!

Other than that, I just skimmed this guide, but it seems very comprehensive— please don't feel like you have to look at or do everything here, but it might give you some idea of your options, and it collects a lot of more scattered guides together so you don't have to search through an entire forum of mostly outdated guides: The Starters Guide to FR.

Remember that FR suits many playstyles— if you just want to have a few dragons and admire them from time to time, that is just as valid as someone deciding to min-max every single treasure they can earn in a day, or someone deciding they don't care about dragon money and just want to write extensive and complex backstories for all of their dragons. I've had multiple different playstyles at various points in my time here (since 2013) and all sorts of playstyles are represented on the forums.
@Quetzyle Hello and welcome to FR!

You may be in luck if you're worried about focusing too much on dragon rarity/value— dragon rarity is an absolute myth. Gene rarity and breed rarity exist, but ultimately, all dragons are worth exactly the same to the site itself, and any disparity in "value" is entirely in the eye of the beholder. There are some player defined markets of rarity, but to the site itself? Every dragon is the same. Follow your heart and find what makes you happy!

As for starting to learn about the site… I'd advise just poking around, trying things out. There's space for all sorts of different playstyles.

One thing of note— you arrived just in time for Wind's festival, so you may want to check out what you can buy with the Messenger's Scrolls you can get from site activities for the next week here!

Other than that, I just skimmed this guide, but it seems very comprehensive— please don't feel like you have to look at or do everything here, but it might give you some idea of your options, and it collects a lot of more scattered guides together so you don't have to search through an entire forum of mostly outdated guides: The Starters Guide to FR.

Remember that FR suits many playstyles— if you just want to have a few dragons and admire them from time to time, that is just as valid as someone deciding to min-max every single treasure they can earn in a day, or someone deciding they don't care about dragon money and just want to write extensive and complex backstories for all of their dragons. I've had multiple different playstyles at various points in my time here (since 2013) and all sorts of playstyles are represented on the forums.