Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Odd AH return
So I just sold 3 Earthen Might Fragments, all were put on the AH for 990t, but I got 960t for two and 970t for the last one, does anyone know why they’re different?

To be clear, I know that items put it the AH for treasure have a tax on them, so I know why I got less than 990t, I’m only wondering why the prices I got were different when they were all in the AH for the same price?
So I just sold 3 Earthen Might Fragments, all were put on the AH for 990t, but I got 960t for two and 970t for the last one, does anyone know why they’re different?

To be clear, I know that items put it the AH for treasure have a tax on them, so I know why I got less than 990t, I’m only wondering why the prices I got were different when they were all in the AH for the same price?
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
I think taxes are also calculated based on the duration of time you leave the auction up. You very well could have had the last one set for a shorter duration and thus taxed for less time. (if I'm wrong I'm sorry!, I could have swore I saw someone said this very thing a while ago)
I think taxes are also calculated based on the duration of time you leave the auction up. You very well could have had the last one set for a shorter duration and thus taxed for less time. (if I'm wrong I'm sorry!, I could have swore I saw someone said this very thing a while ago)
7N4NLsD.png
AtXvu0n.gif
yep, taxes are based on the amount of time the item you put it in the auction house for! so if you had one item set to be in for a day max but the others set for 3 days max, you paid less of a tax on the item that would expire after a day (:
yep, taxes are based on the amount of time the item you put it in the auction house for! so if you had one item set to be in for a day max but the others set for 3 days max, you paid less of a tax on the item that would expire after a day (:
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
Huh, i learned something new reading this thread. I thought the taxes were a flat percentage taken from the item, was that not how it used to be? (eg. post something for 10kt, you get 1000 deducted.) i didn't know it was based off listing times.

Huh, i learned something new reading this thread. I thought the taxes were a flat percentage taken from the item, was that not how it used to be? (eg. post something for 10kt, you get 1000 deducted.) i didn't know it was based off listing times.

xulc4O8.png
@FrozenBarioth Based on the full duration you choose, not how long it actually takes to sell, so it is flat and fixed at the time of listing. I thiiiiiink it's always been like this? It could have been new at the AH overhaul but my gut feeling is that it's always been this way. I guess it's to encourage people to price competitively and/or log on and relist rather than defaulting to throwing everything up there for a week every time.
@FrozenBarioth Based on the full duration you choose, not how long it actually takes to sell, so it is flat and fixed at the time of listing. I thiiiiiink it's always been like this? It could have been new at the AH overhaul but my gut feeling is that it's always been this way. I guess it's to encourage people to price competitively and/or log on and relist rather than defaulting to throwing everything up there for a week every time.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
It has always been based on the selected duration of the listing.
It has always been based on the selected duration of the listing.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
@Sciencing Ah, okay! I think you are right. I just haven't listed stuff on the AH for treasure in a long time. I just checked it myself and the deduction message is still there before you post, i just skipped over it. I think it was always this way. I just went through my messages and looked at ones sent by the courier dragons before the change and they mention a processing fee of approx. 10% of the price of what i listed. (And i usually only listed things for one day back then, so it adds up.)

And i agree-- i think it is to encourage shorter listings (even though i get sick of relisting them.) i mostly see people use longer listings for expensive items / dragons, anyways. the auction house moves pretty quickly so 24H is usually enough time for a sale if you price it right.
@Sciencing Ah, okay! I think you are right. I just haven't listed stuff on the AH for treasure in a long time. I just checked it myself and the deduction message is still there before you post, i just skipped over it. I think it was always this way. I just went through my messages and looked at ones sent by the courier dragons before the change and they mention a processing fee of approx. 10% of the price of what i listed. (And i usually only listed things for one day back then, so it adds up.)

And i agree-- i think it is to encourage shorter listings (even though i get sick of relisting them.) i mostly see people use longer listings for expensive items / dragons, anyways. the auction house moves pretty quickly so 24H is usually enough time for a sale if you price it right.
xulc4O8.png
Ahhh! I didn’t know duration was a factor in the tax! I had a bunch up for 7 days and recently got a few more, noticed that the old ones had about 3 days left so I put the new ones up for 3 days so I could relist them all at once! Thanks for the answers everyone!!
Ahhh! I didn’t know duration was a factor in the tax! I had a bunch up for 7 days and recently got a few more, noticed that the old ones had about 3 days left so I put the new ones up for 3 days so I could relist them all at once! Thanks for the answers everyone!!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
Wow this is so quirky and good to know, I can't believe I never noticed.... I'd be happier about this information if there was a "relist all" button though :P
Wow this is so quirky and good to know, I can't believe I never noticed.... I'd be happier about this information if there was a "relist all" button though :P
10x1.png
ezadeth-by-deoxtri-3.pngkroniil-by-deoxtri-3.png
5x1.png10x1.pngadorable art by Deoxtri~10x1.png10x1.png10x1.png

5x1.png g4DcSLb.gif10x1.png mlHpBMC.png
ll0CfnD.png

FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png