Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
@Charky

Agree with the perspective, but there are way more than half a dozen KS users still lurking about haha. XD This topic has come around more than a few times, although using the AAA to implement them with long-term goals seems the best suggestion to date imo. I really dislike Roundsey - not the character or the idea but the way it continues to be exploited, etc etc.
@Charky

Agree with the perspective, but there are way more than half a dozen KS users still lurking about haha. XD This topic has come around more than a few times, although using the AAA to implement them with long-term goals seems the best suggestion to date imo. I really dislike Roundsey - not the character or the idea but the way it continues to be exploited, etc etc.
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
[quote name="Reithya" date="2024-03-20 09:04:47" ] @Charky Agree with the perspective, but there are way more than half a dozen KS users still lurking about haha. XD This topic has come around more than a few times, although using the AAA to implement them with long-term goals seems the best suggestion to date imo. I really dislike Roundsey - not the character or the idea but the way it continues to be exploited, etc etc. [/quote] oh I'm sue there are more than that, the point is just that unless they make their opinions known we literally cannot tell lol
Reithya wrote on 2024-03-20 09:04:47:
@Charky

oh I'm sue there are more than that, the point is just that unless they make their opinions known we literally cannot tell lol
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
I support this if the prices are reasonably high, but not totally outrageous.
I support this if the prices are reasonably high, but not totally outrageous.
Personally, I support. I’m not a big imperial fan nor really drawn to any of the kickstarter items themselves, but as a younger person I know I never would’ve had the chance to be involved in the kickstarter in the first place. I dunno much about pricing on the items, but I do feel like kickstarter people weighing in on this is important.
Personally, I support. I’m not a big imperial fan nor really drawn to any of the kickstarter items themselves, but as a younger person I know I never would’ve had the chance to be involved in the kickstarter in the first place. I dunno much about pricing on the items, but I do feel like kickstarter people weighing in on this is important.
As someone who is inevitably going to begin the hunt for these kinds of items... let me make it clear that I'm going to approach this as unbiased as possible.

The whole Gilded Crown Roundsey fiasco is still kinda fresh, and it might be a bother that the staff team doesn't want to get their hands into. If that's the case, so be it and the buck stops there.

But if it were to be implemented? It'd have to be a high bar. After all, these are pretty much stuff of high tales and goals. These should not be easy to acquire. With the limiting nature of the Achievement shop, it could be doable, and it'd give more incentive to complete achievements and pursuits. And that's something I could get behind!

At the same time, though, there has to be a limit. There's no way we should allow people to buy more than one. The way I see it, the market for them should still be scarce, but still at least feasible to obtain. Limiting them to a single buy could be something doable - or you could make them cycle through yearly.

Rough estimates are running in my head with about 200 Achievement Points available per month, I'd say at a minimum they should cost 5000 points each. I'm uncertain as to how the Familiars and Apparel could be implemented as Clanbound, as those would have to be a whole separate item. Apparel is feasible, but unless they keep it the same for both the normal and Clanbound variant such that they show up as the "same" item, I don't know the feasibility of Clanbound KS Familiars. Clanbound Imperial Scrolls shouldn't be too difficult to implement, I'd imagine, though.

As for the market? I wouldn't be surprised if it just shifted to the stuff that wasn't there. Boolean will never end up there, so that will always be the ultimate goal. At some point, it'd reach the point where the valuable stuff shifts from the KS stuff to downtime stuff - things like the Golden Bantam Fangar - or the first cycle of Fest stuff, as I don't think those will get added in some way - Light Sprite.

Overall, I could support this idea, but it'd have to have restrictions/limits. Letting it go willy-nilly will only be an absolute disaster.
As someone who is inevitably going to begin the hunt for these kinds of items... let me make it clear that I'm going to approach this as unbiased as possible.

The whole Gilded Crown Roundsey fiasco is still kinda fresh, and it might be a bother that the staff team doesn't want to get their hands into. If that's the case, so be it and the buck stops there.

But if it were to be implemented? It'd have to be a high bar. After all, these are pretty much stuff of high tales and goals. These should not be easy to acquire. With the limiting nature of the Achievement shop, it could be doable, and it'd give more incentive to complete achievements and pursuits. And that's something I could get behind!

At the same time, though, there has to be a limit. There's no way we should allow people to buy more than one. The way I see it, the market for them should still be scarce, but still at least feasible to obtain. Limiting them to a single buy could be something doable - or you could make them cycle through yearly.

Rough estimates are running in my head with about 200 Achievement Points available per month, I'd say at a minimum they should cost 5000 points each. I'm uncertain as to how the Familiars and Apparel could be implemented as Clanbound, as those would have to be a whole separate item. Apparel is feasible, but unless they keep it the same for both the normal and Clanbound variant such that they show up as the "same" item, I don't know the feasibility of Clanbound KS Familiars. Clanbound Imperial Scrolls shouldn't be too difficult to implement, I'd imagine, though.

As for the market? I wouldn't be surprised if it just shifted to the stuff that wasn't there. Boolean will never end up there, so that will always be the ultimate goal. At some point, it'd reach the point where the valuable stuff shifts from the KS stuff to downtime stuff - things like the Golden Bantam Fangar - or the first cycle of Fest stuff, as I don't think those will get added in some way - Light Sprite.

Overall, I could support this idea, but it'd have to have restrictions/limits. Letting it go willy-nilly will only be an absolute disaster.
STwixru.pngLight vs. Arcane 2023 IF Raffle Top 25 Total Tickets! Badge by irithyll!efc4RYV.png
I would support this. Maybe a bit higher than 2k points for stuff like imperial scrolls? With the math other folk have presented it would be what, 200 points a month if the user manages to fill the full bar? That would already limit what people could obtain.

Maybe make the familiars one-time purchase items? I can't see many Kickstarter folk not wanting more copies of some of the apparel items, especially if they weren't able to back every bundle, yeah? If they were all at least 2k points then as of Right Now everyone would only be able to get one or two items, IF they had every achievement done/never spent all their points.
The ideas of a mark like the Roundsey dragons for original Imperials, or making those clanbound so they can't really be sold, both sound like better alternatives/middle ground suggestions to me than them being locked forever.

I read all 16 pages (as of writing this comment) of comments on this, and while I can see why some people would rather they stay gone forever, its also really weird feeling that after those and the year one stuff they decided to never retire anything else?? Even if I knew about the game during the kickstarter (which someone mentioned was only a month long??? that feels really short) I would never have been able to back it even if I wanted to as I was both a child and had enough irl things the money was needed for that it wouldn't have been a purchase my parents would have approved. Other games were mentioned filtering items back in 20+ years onward, and other commenters have said its legally feasible by KS terms to their understanding, it feels rather silly at least in the case of the breed scroll to not have it obtainable somehow after almost over a decade considering the entire pixel website game is about decorating and fully customizing dragons.

Even if its highly unlikely for it to happen, it honestly makes me happy that so many people who did back the kickstarters seem to be in support of this idea, and the achievement shop feels like the healthiest suggestion so far for a way to bring them back in to me.
I would support this. Maybe a bit higher than 2k points for stuff like imperial scrolls? With the math other folk have presented it would be what, 200 points a month if the user manages to fill the full bar? That would already limit what people could obtain.

Maybe make the familiars one-time purchase items? I can't see many Kickstarter folk not wanting more copies of some of the apparel items, especially if they weren't able to back every bundle, yeah? If they were all at least 2k points then as of Right Now everyone would only be able to get one or two items, IF they had every achievement done/never spent all their points.
The ideas of a mark like the Roundsey dragons for original Imperials, or making those clanbound so they can't really be sold, both sound like better alternatives/middle ground suggestions to me than them being locked forever.

I read all 16 pages (as of writing this comment) of comments on this, and while I can see why some people would rather they stay gone forever, its also really weird feeling that after those and the year one stuff they decided to never retire anything else?? Even if I knew about the game during the kickstarter (which someone mentioned was only a month long??? that feels really short) I would never have been able to back it even if I wanted to as I was both a child and had enough irl things the money was needed for that it wouldn't have been a purchase my parents would have approved. Other games were mentioned filtering items back in 20+ years onward, and other commenters have said its legally feasible by KS terms to their understanding, it feels rather silly at least in the case of the breed scroll to not have it obtainable somehow after almost over a decade considering the entire pixel website game is about decorating and fully customizing dragons.

Even if its highly unlikely for it to happen, it honestly makes me happy that so many people who did back the kickstarters seem to be in support of this idea, and the achievement shop feels like the healthiest suggestion so far for a way to bring them back in to me.
Sale->cZytuvn.png->Skins
I would support this and I think it would be a good thing for the game, only if the prices were -really- steep. I'd say 2000 is way too low, maybe something around 5000? So it takes a LOT of dedication. Maybe 6000 for the familiars, and if Imp scroll was considered, maybe 10,000 points for it. Maybe even higher. And maybe only a 1-time redeem for each item. Even people with ton of points already would be busy for years generating add revenue daily. And personally it would add me a ton of joy doing the daily tasks again. I do not see this tanking the market in any way, if it takes 1 month to generate 200 tokens, to get to 5000 it would take 2 years (25 months)?.. And it's not like all the players will reach the goal all at the same time, or go for same item. And I don't see anything wrong with rewarding super crazy dedication. I don't know. This at least sounds very nice on paper. Also, random P.S. but it made me very disheartened to see that Roundsey takes already existing items and does not generate new. Meaning that the abysmally tiny hope to ever win or even see KS item on Roundsey is... close to zero and will only be getting closer to it [emoji=guardian sad size=2]
I would support this and I think it would be a good thing for the game, only if the prices were -really- steep. I'd say 2000 is way too low, maybe something around 5000? So it takes a LOT of dedication. Maybe 6000 for the familiars, and if Imp scroll was considered, maybe 10,000 points for it. Maybe even higher. And maybe only a 1-time redeem for each item.
Even people with ton of points already would be busy for years generating add revenue daily. And personally it would add me a ton of joy doing the daily tasks again.

I do not see this tanking the market in any way, if it takes 1 month to generate 200 tokens, to get to 5000 it would take 2 years (25 months)?.. And it's not like all the players will reach the goal all at the same time, or go for same item. And I don't see anything wrong with rewarding super crazy dedication.

I don't know. This at least sounds very nice on paper.

Also, random P.S. but it made me very disheartened to see that Roundsey takes already existing items and does not generate new. Meaning that the abysmally tiny hope to ever win or even see KS item on Roundsey is... close to zero and will only be getting closer to it
szLFrpq.png
yZ46GGS.png
dBieivA.png
mmoRz30.png
OuP0IWM.png
4SzSxLW.png
E27J5Sp.png2aALZUV.png Looking for a KS familiar!
KNGiWy8.png
sjOWyhv.png
1WumNJq.png
7umcBmn.png
FObX7rS.png
[quote name="SkylarDN9" date="2024-03-24 18:14:19" ] At some point, it'd reach the point where the valuable stuff shifts from the KS stuff to downtime stuff - things like the Golden Bantam Fangar - or the first cycle of Fest stuff, as I don't think those will get added in some way - Light Sprite. [/quote] As someone who has been here since the site first opened and has all of the downtime stuff... I say add the downtime familiars to Achievements, too. They were community gifts, afterall. I say let the newer community members have a nice chance to acquire them. (For an appropriate price in Achievement Points.) As for the first cycle Fest items, I personally feel that those really should be available to be pulled from the Joxbox. With KS and downtime stuff in Achievements and first year Fest in Spare Inventory, FR would really be abolishing the retiring of items. A breath of fresh air in the webgame space.
SkylarDN9 wrote on 2024-03-24 18:14:19:
At some point, it'd reach the point where the valuable stuff shifts from the KS stuff to downtime stuff - things like the Golden Bantam Fangar - or the first cycle of Fest stuff, as I don't think those will get added in some way - Light Sprite.

As someone who has been here since the site first opened and has all of the downtime stuff... I say add the downtime familiars to Achievements, too.

They were community gifts, afterall. I say let the newer community members have a nice chance to acquire them. (For an appropriate price in Achievement Points.)

As for the first cycle Fest items, I personally feel that those really should be available to be pulled from the Joxbox.
With KS and downtime stuff in Achievements and first year Fest in Spare Inventory, FR would really be abolishing the retiring of items. A breath of fresh air in the webgame space.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I genuinely think that what the economy needs right now is a big moneysink. If KS items are rereleased I'd much rather it has some sort of moneysink

Perhaps achievements + money or like 50 points and 50t (idk what numbers work good i'm just saying whatever) could = a special new roundsey section ticket for ks items.

I dunno. I just kind of want to see another permanent, longterm moneysink
I genuinely think that what the economy needs right now is a big moneysink. If KS items are rereleased I'd much rather it has some sort of moneysink

Perhaps achievements + money or like 50 points and 50t (idk what numbers work good i'm just saying whatever) could = a special new roundsey section ticket for ks items.

I dunno. I just kind of want to see another permanent, longterm moneysink
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
i apologize if im reiterating anything but this would be such a massive boost to ad revenue for the site, the initial crush of achievement points and grinding out pursuits is over and there's currently nothing big to take its place. more sustained interactions with crim, baldwin, arlo, swipp, tomo, familiar bonding, higher and lower, longer playtime in other fairgrounds games will all generate tons of clicks and ads. i don't actively grind out my pursuits and since im done with a lot of the wild achievements like trading with crim a billion times my controbution has gone way down. honestly i feel kind of bad for typing this all up as a plus to a suggestion like this but if ads are a major source of income for the site and some people don't mind being subjected to them (somehow) this seems like a pretty good way to increase revenue without having to rely more on gem sales.
i apologize if im reiterating anything but this would be such a massive boost to ad revenue for the site, the initial crush of achievement points and grinding out pursuits is over and there's currently nothing big to take its place. more sustained interactions with crim, baldwin, arlo, swipp, tomo, familiar bonding, higher and lower, longer playtime in other fairgrounds games will all generate tons of clicks and ads. i don't actively grind out my pursuits and since im done with a lot of the wild achievements like trading with crim a billion times my controbution has gone way down. honestly i feel kind of bad for typing this all up as a plus to a suggestion like this but if ads are a major source of income for the site and some people don't mind being subjected to them (somehow) this seems like a pretty good way to increase revenue without having to rely more on gem sales.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18