Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hear me out... (Marva, April fools)
1 2
What if Marva's prank... is to just do nothing? Like what if we're all preparing for some extravagant event and literally it's just a normal day.
What if Marva's prank... is to just do nothing? Like what if we're all preparing for some extravagant event and literally it's just a normal day.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
sadness.
sadness.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
That would be pretty odd, considering we have a character dedicated to April Fools. If it was a normal day, it would defeat the whole point of the character.
That would be pretty odd, considering we have a character dedicated to April Fools. If it was a normal day, it would defeat the whole point of the character.
mt8lr6s.png
they already did that last april fools

nothing extravagant they just opened the shop
they already did that last april fools

nothing extravagant they just opened the shop
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
Marva traditionally offers us some sort of item - I'd be sad if we didn't get a little rotating chest-of-chests trinket to speculate about. That's the best part of the holiday IMO!

I've really enjoyed some of the 'pranks' in past years, and I hope we get something fun going on again this year. The shop was fun (I was honestly tempted to see if the trades for some of the rare items for one gravel actually worked, but I didn't want to risk it and never saw mention of anyone actually trying it) and did well enough as it's own thing last year, but I'd be disappointed if the shop opening was all we get to see going forward.
Marva traditionally offers us some sort of item - I'd be sad if we didn't get a little rotating chest-of-chests trinket to speculate about. That's the best part of the holiday IMO!

I've really enjoyed some of the 'pranks' in past years, and I hope we get something fun going on again this year. The shop was fun (I was honestly tempted to see if the trades for some of the rare items for one gravel actually worked, but I didn't want to risk it and never saw mention of anyone actually trying it) and did well enough as it's own thing last year, but I'd be disappointed if the shop opening was all we get to see going forward.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
In all seriousness, I'm thinking that from now on it will be a silly prank + silly shop. Hopefully, we can outright buy items from years past for random items. I would love easier access to the invisibility cloak.
In all seriousness, I'm thinking that from now on it will be a silly prank + silly shop. Hopefully, we can outright buy items from years past for random items. I would love easier access to the invisibility cloak.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[quote name="@Senya" date="2024-03-20 18:43:25" ] The shop was fun (I was honestly tempted to see if the trades for some of the rare items for one gravel actually worked, but I didn't want to risk it and never saw mention of anyone actually trying it)[/quote] Attempting the trades for valuable items had a pop-up stating "ERROR 4-01", and refused to actually let the trade go through. No real harm to anyone and a fun little prank in itself!
@Senya wrote on 2024-03-20 18:43:25:
The shop was fun (I was honestly tempted to see if the trades for some of the rare items for one gravel actually worked, but I didn't want to risk it and never saw mention of anyone actually trying it)

Attempting the trades for valuable items had a pop-up stating "ERROR 4-01", and refused to actually let the trade go through. No real harm to anyone and a fun little prank in itself!
Y5CZ3PW.png
My name is Val and I love these buttons
k3qGxO2.pngWKtl2lb.pngmlHpBMC.png
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
A funny april fools prank I think many would find annoying is all our dragons get scrambled. Suddenly you see some stranger's spiral in your lair you can't customize or sell or exalt, even your dragons went on vacation in someone else's lair
A funny april fools prank I think many would find annoying is all our dragons get scrambled. Suddenly you see some stranger's spiral in your lair you can't customize or sell or exalt, even your dragons went on vacation in someone else's lair
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
QQYyU47.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
I don't know if that's genius or just insane. lol
I don't know if that's genius or just insane. lol
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
[quote name="Gelo" date="2024-03-22 08:09:13" ] A funny april fools prank I think many would find annoying is all our dragons get scrambled. Suddenly you see some stranger's spiral in your lair you can't customize or sell or exalt, even your dragons went on vacation in someone else's lair [/quote] ...that's getting a little close to the line on "confuse, not abuse"... a lot of people have comfort dragons and stuff. Like, I get that you can opt out of the pranks, but I for one would find my lair being swapped for somebody else's surprisingly upsetting, not annoying/funny. (I think the best prank I've been here for was HD Mode- it was just the sort of charming jank that's perfect for April Fool's. I wish I'd been here for the Comic Sans year!)
Gelo wrote on 2024-03-22 08:09:13:

...that's getting a little close to the line on "confuse, not abuse"... a lot of people have comfort dragons and stuff. Like, I get that you can opt out of the pranks, but I for one would find my lair being swapped for somebody else's surprisingly upsetting, not annoying/funny.

(I think the best prank I've been here for was HD Mode- it was just the sort of charming jank that's perfect for April Fool's. I wish I'd been here for the Comic Sans year!)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.