Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | A Writer's Doors Game
1 2 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428
Sorry for the delay! I should get the results out today or tomorrow!

EDIT: Life happened. Results will definitely be posted on the 16th.
Sorry for the delay! I should get the results out today or tomorrow!

EDIT: Life happened. Results will definitely be posted on the 16th.
5hF3FGk.png
Ask me about one of my dragons lore!
Warning: High chance of forcing me to actually write the lore
@Stagraven [i]"Oh, I love those! You have excellent taste."[/i] Facet gently takes the crystal bird from him, the trinket looking much larger in her paws than his. [i]"It costs 50 gold. Is that acceptable?"[/i] The price seemed reasonable for the craftsmanship of the bird, so Frazaidi agreed, placing the necessary gold on the counter. Facet quickly wrapped the little bird up, making sure it would be well protected for the journey to it's new home. [i]"Hmm, I'll have to make more of these. I think this was the last one on the shelf. Lucky you."[/i] She put the wrapped up bird into a bag and held it out to him. [i]"I might have slipped a little something extra in just to say thanks. Have a lovely day!"[/i] The journey home was uneventful, but when he went to unwrap his purchase Frazaidi noticed something was off. The bag was wiggling. Carefully tipping the bag over revealed that the cloth the shopkeeper had wrapped the bird in wasn't a cloth at all but a disgruntled familiar. Thankfully the bird, the familiar and the extra gifts seemed to be unharmed. [item=Valorous Cape] [item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel bracelet] [item= ornate copper bracelet] ----------------------------- @AlterZero Facet blinked at the excitable Skydancer for a moment, processing their words. Once she realized what the Skydancer wanted it was easy to match their energy. [i]"I can do rings no problem and shiny is one of my specialties! What kind of ring? What size? Any materials you want? Need it to work as a magical foci? Enchanted, perhaps?"[/i] The two chatted back and forth at a quick pace as they hashed out the details of the ring. Their excited chatter quickly scaring off a passerby who had decided to poke their head into the shop. After almost an hour they finally managed to work out the details of the order. [i]"Alright! I should have your order done in a week and I'll need a deposit of 30% of the total cost today."[/i] Pinwheel payed and left and Facet darted back into her workshop to get started. Exactly a week after placing the order Pinwheel was back in the shop, seeming to almost vibrate from excitement as they waited for their ring. [i]"You're back! Right on time too!"[/i] Facet emerged from the back carrying a ring box. She opened it up to reveal a ring that looked exactly how Pinwheel had imagined it. Satisfied with the work, they dropped a bag containing the rest of the payment on the counter. [i]"I really enjoyed this project so I slipped a couple of extras in your bag."[/i] It was nothing short of a miracle that nothing in the shop got damaged as Pinwheel left in a rush to get home and see their new shiny things. [item= simple gold wing cuffs] [item= ornate gold necklace] [item= ornate gold bracelet] -------------------- @Seungmeong Facet eyed the stones eagerly as the three set them out. It wasn't often people brought stones directly to her to sell. Usually she'd have to spent hours haggling with general merchants that couldn't tell a good gemstone from a piece of glass. [i]"I do indeed buy gemstones. Let's see what you've got."[/i] She gently picked up one of the gems, examining it closely. She could feel a smile spread across her face. It was great quality and most of the gems seemed similar. [i]"My, my! It seems you three have an eye for quality."[/i] Setting the gem down she looked over the lot, doing some quick calculations. She'd be able to make a lot of pieces from these gems and perhaps if she payed well enough the three youngsters would bring her more gemstones. [i]"Hmm. Wait here."[/i] She darted into the back and returned just moments later dragging a large sack of gold. [i]"Will this be enough?"[/i] [item=Golden Hoard] ------------------------- @Azurenight Facet waved off her concern. [i]"I'm totally fine! Just got a little... tangled up in my work is all. So about that commission..."[/i] Facets eyes drifted to the side as her words trailed off. Turning to see what she was looking at Faran saw a baby Imperial wandering the shop, their antlers getting tangled in some of the wares. [i]"That little lady's been coming by for weeks. She always insists her mom is just around the corner but I highly doubt that considering the state of her scales. I'd take her home but I can barely care for myself. I've talked to the local hatchling rescue about her but they won't do anything since they have no 'proof' she's been abandoned."[/i] Facet tapped her nails against the counter. [i]"I hate to ask but would you be willing to take her? At least to a place with a better hatchling rescue?"[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93682624][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/936827/93682624_350.png[/img][/url]
@Stagraven
"Oh, I love those! You have excellent taste."

Facet gently takes the crystal bird from him, the trinket looking much larger in her paws than his.

"It costs 50 gold. Is that acceptable?"

The price seemed reasonable for the craftsmanship of the bird, so Frazaidi agreed, placing the necessary gold on the counter. Facet quickly wrapped the little bird up, making sure it would be well protected for the journey to it's new home.

"Hmm, I'll have to make more of these. I think this was the last one on the shelf. Lucky you."

She put the wrapped up bird into a bag and held it out to him.

"I might have slipped a little something extra in just to say thanks. Have a lovely day!"

The journey home was uneventful, but when he went to unwrap his purchase Frazaidi noticed something was off. The bag was wiggling. Carefully tipping the bag over revealed that the cloth the shopkeeper had wrapped the bird in wasn't a cloth at all but a disgruntled familiar. Thankfully the bird, the familiar and the extra gifts seemed to be unharmed.
Valorous Cape Teardrop Pastel Spinel Bracelet Ornate Copper Bracelet
@AlterZero
Facet blinked at the excitable Skydancer for a moment, processing their words. Once she realized what the Skydancer wanted it was easy to match their energy.

"I can do rings no problem and shiny is one of my specialties! What kind of ring? What size? Any materials you want? Need it to work as a magical foci? Enchanted, perhaps?"

The two chatted back and forth at a quick pace as they hashed out the details of the ring. Their excited chatter quickly scaring off a passerby who had decided to poke their head into the shop. After almost an hour they finally managed to work out the details of the order.

"Alright! I should have your order done in a week and I'll need a deposit of 30% of the total cost today."

Pinwheel payed and left and Facet darted back into her workshop to get started. Exactly a week after placing the order Pinwheel was back in the shop, seeming to almost vibrate from excitement as they waited for their ring.

"You're back! Right on time too!"

Facet emerged from the back carrying a ring box. She opened it up to reveal a ring that looked exactly how Pinwheel had imagined it. Satisfied with the work, they dropped a bag containing the rest of the payment on the counter.

"I really enjoyed this project so I slipped a couple of extras in your bag."

It was nothing short of a miracle that nothing in the shop got damaged as Pinwheel left in a rush to get home and see their new shiny things.

Simple Gold Wing Cuffs Ornate Gold Necklace Ornate Gold Bracelet
@Seungmeong
Facet eyed the stones eagerly as the three set them out. It wasn't often people brought stones directly to her to sell. Usually she'd have to spent hours haggling with general merchants that couldn't tell a good gemstone from a piece of glass.

"I do indeed buy gemstones. Let's see what you've got."

She gently picked up one of the gems, examining it closely. She could feel a smile spread across her face. It was great quality and most of the gems seemed similar.

"My, my! It seems you three have an eye for quality."

Setting the gem down she looked over the lot, doing some quick calculations. She'd be able to make a lot of pieces from these gems and perhaps if she payed well enough the three youngsters would bring her more gemstones.

"Hmm. Wait here."

She darted into the back and returned just moments later dragging a large sack of gold.

"Will this be enough?"

Golden Hoard
@Azurenight
Facet waved off her concern.

"I'm totally fine! Just got a little... tangled up in my work is all. So about that commission..."

Facets eyes drifted to the side as her words trailed off. Turning to see what she was looking at Faran saw a baby Imperial wandering the shop, their antlers getting tangled in some of the wares.

"That little lady's been coming by for weeks. She always insists her mom is just around the corner but I highly doubt that considering the state of her scales. I'd take her home but I can barely care for myself. I've talked to the local hatchling rescue about her but they won't do anything since they have no 'proof' she's been abandoned."

Facet tapped her nails against the counter.

"I hate to ask but would you be willing to take her? At least to a place with a better hatchling rescue?"

93682624_350.png

5hF3FGk.png
Ask me about one of my dragons lore!
Warning: High chance of forcing me to actually write the lore
[center]So... I'm feeling creative. Let's do something a bit different. The following is a door game/scavenger hunt. You don't have to participate in the hunt if you don't want to. If you choose to, you can still use one of your dragons to play. You'll find instructions on how to play with the scavenger hunt down below.[/center] ------------ [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cxwMUMF.png[/img][/center] ------------- The Tundra looks a bit harried as he sorts through stacks of unorganized books. Thinking he might be overworked, you step forward to offer your aid. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]Yes? Can I help you? ...You want to help me? That's wonderful thank you![/columns] The librarian sets down the book he's holding so he can face you. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]I have a bit of a situation. You see, Instructor Itura brought some of her class in to use the library and... long story short, one of the young ones managed into the office where they tinkered with a broken wand. Even longer story short, now I have a missing broken wand, several volumes of books, a very dangerous cursed book, and a hatchling! I could really use a hand to find everything. The hatchling especially. Would you be willing to look around the library for them?[/columns] [i]You need to find: A collection of newer books, a collection of older books, a cursed book, a broken wand, and a hatchling. These are scattered through the library and no one room will have everything in it.[/i] ---------------- [center][i]I should investigate[/i]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3323275/1#post_56409142]The library's art room might be a good place to start.[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3323275/1#post_56409143]The office is where all this started. I should start there.[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3323275/1#post_56409144]Hrm? Maybe in the attic? I'll start there.[/url] [/center] ------------ [b]How to Play[/b]: [LIST=1] [*]You do not have to do the scavenger hunt. You can just claim the room and be done with it if you wish. You will still get the main items from the hunt =D [*]There are seven objects in each of the rooms. At least one of them will be one of the missing items [*]Make your claim in the Writer's Door Game, then follow the link to the room. [*]Each find will have a code box containing information about what you found, copy that, then return to the Writer's Door Game and paste what you found in your claim. [*]If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be happy to help. [/LIST]
So... I'm feeling creative.
Let's do something a bit different. The following is a door game/scavenger hunt. You don't have to participate in the hunt if you don't want to. If you choose to, you can still use one of your dragons to play. You'll find instructions on how to play with the scavenger hunt down below.

cxwMUMF.png

The Tundra looks a bit harried as he sorts through stacks of unorganized books. Thinking he might be overworked, you step forward to offer your aid.

3961303p.png Yes? Can I help you? ...You want to help me? That's wonderful thank you!

The librarian sets down the book he's holding so he can face you.

3961303p.png I have a bit of a situation. You see, Instructor Itura brought some of her class in to use the library and... long story short, one of the young ones managed into the office where they tinkered with a broken wand.

Even longer story short, now I have a missing broken wand, several volumes of books, a very dangerous cursed book, and a hatchling! I could really use a hand to find everything. The hatchling especially. Would you be willing to look around the library for them?

You need to find: A collection of newer books, a collection of older books, a cursed book, a broken wand, and a hatchling. These are scattered through the library and no one room will have everything in it.

How to Play:
  1. You do not have to do the scavenger hunt. You can just claim the room and be done with it if you wish. You will still get the main items from the hunt =D
  2. There are seven objects in each of the rooms. At least one of them will be one of the missing items
  3. Make your claim in the Writer's Door Game, then follow the link to the room.
  4. Each find will have a code box containing information about what you found, copy that, then return to the Writer's Door Game and paste what you found in your claim.
  5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be happy to help.
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[s]claiming the attic![/s] @ Azurenight sorry about the wait! i had a back to back 16hr shift recently and have been quite dead from that [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1599838][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/15999/1599838_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]New books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand, new books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand, new books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand....[/i] Titania repeated the list under her breath as she made her way up the stairs to the attic. Surely something in that list would be there? Attics seemed like an ideal spot to hide cursed books, at least. Once she reached the attic door, she slowly swung it open, grimacing slightly at the creak of old hinges. She watched something quickly scuttle under cover. Hm. A little spooky, but nothing she couldn't handle. Giving the room around her a cursory look, the first thing she spotted was the ominously glowing book in the corner, near an old upholstered chair. She couldn't help the little shiver that ran down her spine. This [i]had[/i] to be the cursed book, right? [b]I FOUND THE DANGEROUS TOME[/b] Well. If one thing was here, perhaps others would be too? Had the cursed book gone missing itself or had the hatchling taken in? Looking around the old chair further, Titania almost stumbled over... something on the floor into an old spider web, letting out a small shriek of surprise. She looked up to see a rather large spider staring at her from the remains of its web. It blinked at her, but otherwise made no moves. She apologized to the poor thing for ruining it's hard work and looked to just what it was she had tripped over in the first place. [b]I FOUND A LARGE SPIDER[/b] A... gas... mask..? Now why on Earth would something like that be in the attic of a library? An old relic maybe? Or maybe it served a purpose. It [i]was[/i] quite musty in here. Perhaps she should ask Aelwen. [b]I FOUND A ... IS THAT A GAS MASK[/b] As she walked away from the chair, Titania noticed more movement on the other side of the room. Was that what had moved before? No. No, this was much smaller. As she moved closer to investigate, she found that the movement was merely a small gecko. Oh, poor thing! A dusty old attic wasn't an ideal home for such a little creature. She gently scooped up the small lizard, nestling it in one of her pockets for the time being. [b]I FOUND A GECKO[/b] Looking up, Titania spotted a still smoking, old incense pot. ...Was that why the Attic smelled the way it does? Was this an attempt to get rid of the musty smell? ...Was this why the gas mask was in here? Maybe she should ask about this as well. [b]I FOUND AN INCENSE POT[/b] She shook her head. Focus, Titania. She had other objects to find. She had an idea of what the movement from when she first entered the room was, as she saw the faint glow of small pink eyes watching her from beneath a folded rug. She called out to the little hatchling and listened to their plight. The poor thing was nearly shaking with nerves. They mumbled apologies about not having wanted to cause trouble, excuses that they didn't know the wand had been broken. They asked her to not tell Aelwen. "Well-" Titania considered the plea for a moment. "Unfortunately, Aelwen already knows about the trouble with the wand, so I can't quite keep you from trouble there..." She thought about it a little more. She could understand the hatchling's point of view. She too had been young once. Perhaps instead of more punishment, the child's energy could be redirected elsewhere? "[i]But,[/i] perhaps I can make a case for you. If you don't want to do any book sorting, perhaps you can do a little cartography work for me? It's a lot of being outside and drawing." "It would keep you out of more trouble here and, well, hopefully it'd be a little less boring than book sorting. If you aren't bored in the first place, you're more likely to stay out of trouble to begin with." [b]I FOUND THE IMPISH HATCHLING I SHOULD LET AELWEN KNOW[/b]
claiming the attic! @ Azurenight sorry about the wait! i had a back to back 16hr shift recently and have been quite dead from that
1599838_350.png

New books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand, new books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand, new books, old books, cursed book, hatchling wand....

Titania repeated the list under her breath as she made her way up the stairs to the attic. Surely something in that list would be there? Attics seemed like an ideal spot to hide cursed books, at least.

Once she reached the attic door, she slowly swung it open, grimacing slightly at the creak of old hinges. She watched something quickly scuttle under cover. Hm. A little spooky, but nothing she couldn't handle.

Giving the room around her a cursory look, the first thing she spotted was the ominously glowing book in the corner, near an old upholstered chair. She couldn't help the little shiver that ran down her spine. This had to be the cursed book, right?

I FOUND THE DANGEROUS TOME

Well. If one thing was here, perhaps others would be too? Had the cursed book gone missing itself or had the hatchling taken in?

Looking around the old chair further, Titania almost stumbled over... something on the floor into an old spider web, letting out a small shriek of surprise.

She looked up to see a rather large spider staring at her from the remains of its web. It blinked at her, but otherwise made no moves. She apologized to the poor thing for ruining it's hard work and looked to just what it was she had tripped over in the first place.

I FOUND A LARGE SPIDER

A... gas... mask..?

Now why on Earth would something like that be in the attic of a library? An old relic maybe? Or maybe it served a purpose. It was quite musty in here. Perhaps she should ask Aelwen.

I FOUND A ... IS THAT A GAS MASK

As she walked away from the chair, Titania noticed more movement on the other side of the room. Was that what had moved before?

No. No, this was much smaller.

As she moved closer to investigate, she found that the movement was merely a small gecko. Oh, poor thing! A dusty old attic wasn't an ideal home for such a little creature. She gently scooped up the small lizard, nestling it in one of her pockets for the time being.

I FOUND A GECKO

Looking up, Titania spotted a still smoking, old incense pot. ...Was that why the Attic smelled the way it does? Was this an attempt to get rid of the musty smell?

...Was this why the gas mask was in here? Maybe she should ask about this as well.

I FOUND AN INCENSE POT

She shook her head. Focus, Titania. She had other objects to find. She had an idea of what the movement from when she first entered the room was, as she saw the faint glow of small pink eyes watching her from beneath a folded rug.

She called out to the little hatchling and listened to their plight. The poor thing was nearly shaking with nerves. They mumbled apologies about not having wanted to cause trouble, excuses that they didn't know the wand had been broken. They asked her to not tell Aelwen.

"Well-" Titania considered the plea for a moment.
"Unfortunately, Aelwen already knows about the trouble with the wand, so I can't quite keep you from trouble there..."

She thought about it a little more. She could understand the hatchling's point of view. She too had been young once. Perhaps instead of more punishment, the child's energy could be redirected elsewhere?

"But, perhaps I can make a case for you. If you don't want to do any book sorting, perhaps you can do a little cartography work for me? It's a lot of being outside and drawing."
"It would keep you out of more trouble here and, well, hopefully it'd be a little less boring than book sorting. If you aren't bored in the first place, you're more likely to stay out of trouble to begin with."

I FOUND THE IMPISH HATCHLING I SHOULD LET AELWEN KNOW
15288.png Mattie/Sol
MUYNhfy.pngQ0p4QGz.png
bYt72YT.png fkWjutW.png
J7D1quC.pngWKtl2lb.png
྿྿྿
྿྿྿
@Azurenight

Office

I FOUND A FANCY COMPASS

I FOUND THE OLDER BOOKS

I FOUND A MAGICKED TIMEPIECE

I FOUND A RENAMING SCROLL

I FOUND AN INFESTATION OF ACID ANTS

I FOUND THE MISSING WAND

I FOUND AN OFFICE DESIGN
@Azurenight

Office

I FOUND A FANCY COMPASS

I FOUND THE OLDER BOOKS

I FOUND A MAGICKED TIMEPIECE

I FOUND A RENAMING SCROLL

I FOUND AN INFESTATION OF ACID ANTS

I FOUND THE MISSING WAND

I FOUND AN OFFICE DESIGN
8GgdVkW.png
jv7C6g3.png
h5ct4ZF.png
E5fWRUt.png
XbjATWE.png
5hF3FGk.png
zjJ1agu.png pfsNEft.png
Purchase an Aztec inspired-boggy adopt! nYNcLTN.png
claiming the library art room!
claiming the library art room!
92753914.png

Any pronouns
Please ping me for
a response!

vZmPWxA.png
2MFinXj.png
rUoKR6y.png
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
@kiyoooo @Seungmeong @solarswitchback If everyone is satisfied with your answers I'll start the conclusion [emoji=coatl happy size=1]. Your claims are good as they are, but I know some enjoy adding more. If you would like to add to your answer let me know and I'll hold off for a bit. If not we are good to go =D
@kiyoooo @Seungmeong @solarswitchback

If everyone is satisfied with your answers I'll start the conclusion .

Your claims are good as they are, but I know some enjoy adding more. If you would like to add to your answer let me know and I'll hold off for a bit. If not we are good to go =D
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I'm good with my answer, but i'd be happy if you wanted to add a bit more story behind it!
I'm good with my answer, but i'd be happy if you wanted to add a bit more story behind it!
92753914.png

Any pronouns
Please ping me for
a response!

vZmPWxA.png
2MFinXj.png
rUoKR6y.png
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
@Azurenight
Ah, sorry! I just had to do a 16hr shift over the last couple of days I did mean to write something for my claim. I'll get started on writing that right now so hopefully you don't have to wait on me any further
@Azurenight
Ah, sorry! I just had to do a 16hr shift over the last couple of days I did mean to write something for my claim. I'll get started on writing that right now so hopefully you don't have to wait on me any further
15288.png Mattie/Sol
MUYNhfy.pngQ0p4QGz.png
bYt72YT.png fkWjutW.png
J7D1quC.pngWKtl2lb.png
྿྿྿
྿྿྿
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cxwMUMF.png[/img][/center] ------------- @kiyoooo You return to the main library carrying a stack of unruly books and a paper mâché wand. The books continue to flitter away from your hold and the wand looks like something a hatchling made, but they were the closest things you could find to the missing items. Mercifully, you reach Aelwen and set down the rambunctious tomes. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]“Well, those are the books we are missing.” He sighs deeply as he watches your attempt to wrangle the books back to the pile. “Unfortunately, I don’t think they will continue to be of use to my libraries. Would you happen to have a place you can keep them?” You hold up the wand you found and the librarian takes it to look over. “This?” He chuckles and hands the wand over. “The hatchlings made quite a few of these the other day for their beginners enchanting class. I doubt anyone is missing that. You can have it if you want, it might be good for a few parlor tricks.” [/columns] [center][item=Basic Book Collection][item=First Wish][/center] --------------- --------------- @Seungmeong You have managed to stash everything you found in a paper bag you found in the office. Everything, but the impish books. Thankfully, you discovered that parchment paper is a favorite snack. The promise of paper nibbles had them following along like little puppies. The librarian notices as you enter the main library and his eyes fall on the parade of flying books you have trailing behind you. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]“Oh my. This is unexpected.” He manages to wrangle the books into a calm pile before looking through the collection you brought him. “These are the books we were looking for, but I’m afraid they simply will not do for my libraries. We’d spend all day searching for the runaway volumes.” He takes a moment to tisk at the idea of enchanted books. “They seem to enjoy your company. Would you be willing to take them?” His attention turned next to the broken wand. “That’s our culprit right there.” With a quick spell, he had the wand mended and that unstable magic stopped. Now it was a perfectly normal wand. He handed it over to you once it was fixed. “I believe you earned it.” Aelwen’s attention turns to the other things you brought back from the office. He pauses on the compass. The tundra’s eyes shift into the realm of memory and take on a sheen of moisture. Whatever thought controlled his mind was banished by a sigh and a shake of the head. “Old memories here.” He turned a broad smile on you. “Long gone are those days, yes.” The old librarian chuckled. He shifted that paper bag back towards you. “Perhaps you can make new memories with them. Thank you for the help.” As you turn to leave he stops you one more time. “Not to alarm you, but did you know you have a rather large Acid Ant on your back?” [/columns] [center][item=aged Book Collection][item=Dire Casting][/center] --------------- --------------- @solarswitchback Titania and the hatchling manage to get everything you found back down to the librarian. Another tundra has joined the librarian and when the new tundra notices the hatchling you see him heave a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the hatchling notices him at about the same time and rushes to him, leaving Titania to fight with that cursed book alone. The sudden lack of aid allows the cursed book to fly from your hands and lunge towards Aelwen. The librarian lifts a hand full of dust and tosses it to the wicked tome and it tumbles to the floor as inanimate as any other book in the library. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]“Confounded tome!” the old librarian hissed. “That thing is more trouble than it is worth. I wish Dash had not brought that to me.” [/columns] ---------------- [columns]“The matron is going to be livid that it got out again,” the new tundra said. He was coddling the trembling hatchling as he said it. “As for you, young one— “I didn’t mean it!” the hatchling cried. “I was just curious. I didn’t know the wand was broken. I promise not to touch anything in the library again, Nest Keeper Talos. Please don’t make me sort books.” [nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220805/22080487p.png[/img] [/columns] ---------------- [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]“Absolutely not, little one,” librarian Aelwen snorted. He was busy sorting through the rest of the things Titania brought downstairs. He lifted the gas mask and started to chuckle. “Night of the Nocturne decoration,” he said, “which quickly turned into a necessity when one of the scholars brought a miasma ball into the library. It almost choked the library out.” He set the mask back down. “You didn’t happen to find that, did you? It’s been missing for a while. “No. Oh well.” He moved to the next item in the collection. “The rest of this was either decoration or meant to keep the insects under control in the library.” He pointed to the spider Tatania held. Aelwen shuttered violently, before quickly moving his eyes to the gecko. “Unfortunately, I think the incense attracted the spiders and the geckos do not eat the acid ants that infest my study. “You can keep the rest of this if you like. We’ve not used it in years.” Aelwen heaved a heavy sigh and turned his attention to the hatchling. “Now, what are we going to do with you?” It was then that Titania offered their suggestion about the cartography apprenticeship. [/columns] ------------- [columns]“That is a very good idea,” Nest Keeper Talos said. “Would you enjoy that, little one?” “Yes!” the hatchling chirped. “Well then, that is a perfect solution. If you come with me, we’ll get everything arranged.” [nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220805/22080487p.png[/img] [/columns] ---------------- [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/39614/3961303p.png[/img][nextcol]As Titania turned to leave with the nest keeper, Aelwen offered one more thank you. “Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.” He discreetly handed them the cursed tome. “I don’t care what you do with it, but please get this out of my library," he whispered. "It’s wrecking everything and I have no desire to have an irate matron breathing down my neck about it.” He hands Titania a bag of his sleeping powder, pats them on the shoulder, and turns to scurry off for another room. [/columns] [center][item=Shackled Book of Legends] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93618579][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=87&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=66&tertgene=18&winggene=87&wings=66&auth=71d1b243bea7fba5bc31c3787d4b0f0292db5c2f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [/center]
cxwMUMF.png

@kiyoooo
You return to the main library carrying a stack of unruly books and a paper mâché wand. The books continue to flitter away from your hold and the wand looks like something a hatchling made, but they were the closest things you could find to the missing items. Mercifully, you reach Aelwen and set down the rambunctious tomes.

3961303p.png “Well, those are the books we are missing.” He sighs deeply as he watches your attempt to wrangle the books back to the pile. “Unfortunately, I don’t think they will continue to be of use to my libraries. Would you happen to have a place you can keep them?”

You hold up the wand you found and the librarian takes it to look over. “This?” He chuckles and hands the wand over. “The hatchlings made quite a few of these the other day for their beginners enchanting class. I doubt anyone is missing that. You can have it if you want, it might be good for a few parlor tricks.”
Basic Book Collection First Wish

@Seungmeong
You have managed to stash everything you found in a paper bag you found in the office. Everything, but the impish books. Thankfully, you discovered that parchment paper is a favorite snack. The promise of paper nibbles had them following along like little puppies. The librarian notices as you enter the main library and his eyes fall on the parade of flying books you have trailing behind you.

3961303p.png “Oh my. This is unexpected.” He manages to wrangle the books into a calm pile before looking through the collection you brought him. “These are the books we were looking for, but I’m afraid they simply will not do for my libraries. We’d spend all day searching for the runaway volumes.” He takes a moment to tisk at the idea of enchanted books. “They seem to enjoy your company. Would you be willing to take them?”

His attention turned next to the broken wand. “That’s our culprit right there.” With a quick spell, he had the wand mended and that unstable magic stopped. Now it was a perfectly normal wand. He handed it over to you once it was fixed. “I believe you earned it.”

Aelwen’s attention turns to the other things you brought back from the office. He pauses on the compass. The tundra’s eyes shift into the realm of memory and take on a sheen of moisture. Whatever thought controlled his mind was banished by a sigh and a shake of the head. “Old memories here.” He turned a broad smile on you. “Long gone are those days, yes.” The old librarian chuckled. He shifted that paper bag back towards you. “Perhaps you can make new memories with them. Thank you for the help.”

As you turn to leave he stops you one more time. “Not to alarm you, but did you know you have a rather large Acid Ant on your back?”

Aged Book Collection Dire Casting

@solarswitchback
Titania and the hatchling manage to get everything you found back down to the librarian. Another tundra has joined the librarian and when the new tundra notices the hatchling you see him heave a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the hatchling notices him at about the same time and rushes to him, leaving Titania to fight with that cursed book alone. The sudden lack of aid allows the cursed book to fly from your hands and lunge towards Aelwen. The librarian lifts a hand full of dust and tosses it to the wicked tome and it tumbles to the floor as inanimate as any other book in the library.

3961303p.png “Confounded tome!” the old librarian hissed. “That thing is more trouble than it is worth. I wish Dash had not brought that to me.”

“The matron is going to be livid that it got out again,” the new tundra said. He was coddling the trembling hatchling as he said it. “As for you, young one—

“I didn’t mean it!” the hatchling cried. “I was just curious. I didn’t know the wand was broken. I promise not to touch anything in the library again, Nest Keeper Talos. Please don’t make me sort books.”
22080487p.png

3961303p.png “Absolutely not, little one,” librarian Aelwen snorted. He was busy sorting through the rest of the things Titania brought downstairs. He lifted the gas mask and started to chuckle. “Night of the Nocturne decoration,” he said, “which quickly turned into a necessity when one of the scholars brought a miasma ball into the library. It almost choked the library out.” He set the mask back down. “You didn’t happen to find that, did you? It’s been missing for a while.

“No. Oh well.” He moved to the next item in the collection. “The rest of this was either decoration or meant to keep the insects under control in the library.” He pointed to the spider Tatania held. Aelwen shuttered violently, before quickly moving his eyes to the gecko. “Unfortunately, I think the incense attracted the spiders and the geckos do not eat the acid ants that infest my study.

“You can keep the rest of this if you like. We’ve not used it in years.” Aelwen heaved a heavy sigh and turned his attention to the hatchling. “Now, what are we going to do with you?” It was then that Titania offered their suggestion about the cartography apprenticeship.

“That is a very good idea,” Nest Keeper Talos said. “Would you enjoy that, little one?”

“Yes!” the hatchling chirped.

“Well then, that is a perfect solution. If you come with me, we’ll get everything arranged.”
22080487p.png

3961303p.png As Titania turned to leave with the nest keeper, Aelwen offered one more thank you. “Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.” He discreetly handed them the cursed tome. “I don’t care what you do with it, but please get this out of my library," he whispered. "It’s wrecking everything and I have no desire to have an irate matron breathing down my neck about it.” He hands Titania a bag of his sleeping powder, pats them on the shoulder, and turns to scurry off for another room.

Shackled Book of Legends
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=87&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=66&tertgene=18&winggene=87&wings=66&auth=71d1b243bea7fba5bc31c3787d4b0f0292db5c2f&dummyext=prev.png
buffer text
Coming
Soon
1 2 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428