Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Opinion on eating eggs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've never had any problems with eating eggs. In fact, I used to order breakfast wraps from this one restaurant quite frequently.
I've never had any problems with eating eggs. In fact, I used to order breakfast wraps from this one restaurant quite frequently.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
I want to eat eggs but I have trouble with it. Aside from boiling them exactly right they always end up with this taste and texture I can't stomach. But when you get that perfect boiled egg, with a little salt on it - perfection!

Ironically I love eggs as an object. Holding a boiled egg when it's still warm and peeling off the shell is incredibly satisfying. Same with cutting a boiled egg.
I want to eat eggs but I have trouble with it. Aside from boiling them exactly right they always end up with this taste and texture I can't stomach. But when you get that perfect boiled egg, with a little salt on it - perfection!

Ironically I love eggs as an object. Holding a boiled egg when it's still warm and peeling off the shell is incredibly satisfying. Same with cutting a boiled egg.
I used to hate eating eggs until I started making them myself. Over-easy eggs with either salt or soy sauce on top of buttered toast is a quick and tasty meal. Although, I can't stand them if I accidentally cook them too long, they get too rubbery
I used to hate eating eggs until I started making them myself. Over-easy eggs with either salt or soy sauce on top of buttered toast is a quick and tasty meal. Although, I can't stand them if I accidentally cook them too long, they get too rubbery
*Insert something witty here*

WvEXipG.pngmlHpBMC.png
I personally cannot stand eggs, unless it’s mixed into something and I can’t taste it or see it (ex: cake- eggs are mixed into cake batter and I cannot see or taste them). I am autistic and have certain “safe foods” and certain foods I avoid at all costs for various reasons. Eggs are one of the foods I avoid at all costs. I don’t like the rubbery texture. This has only been in the last several years though, as I used to love eggs. It’s a similar thing with peanut butter.

To summarize, I do not like eggs, unless I don’t know it’s there. They have a strange texture to me.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
I personally cannot stand eggs, unless it’s mixed into something and I can’t taste it or see it (ex: cake- eggs are mixed into cake batter and I cannot see or taste them). I am autistic and have certain “safe foods” and certain foods I avoid at all costs for various reasons. Eggs are one of the foods I avoid at all costs. I don’t like the rubbery texture. This has only been in the last several years though, as I used to love eggs. It’s a similar thing with peanut butter.

To summarize, I do not like eggs, unless I don’t know it’s there. They have a strange texture to me.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
allycatcher.pngmlHpBMC.png.t0wRx.gif.mBU64.gif
i love eggs :)

i dont love the cottoncandy deviled egg i had at a county faire once :(
i love eggs :)

i dont love the cottoncandy deviled egg i had at a county faire once :(
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
Love eggs, myself. Prefer them scrambled, fried or in an omelette.

Thing is, I can understand the texture issues some people have with them because I do as well, to a degree. I can't eat eggs that are soft-boiled or poached and I am VERY picky about fried eggs, both for one reason: I simply cannot STAND the white being even remotely undercooked, it immediately makes me feel nauseous.
Love eggs, myself. Prefer them scrambled, fried or in an omelette.

Thing is, I can understand the texture issues some people have with them because I do as well, to a degree. I can't eat eggs that are soft-boiled or poached and I am VERY picky about fried eggs, both for one reason: I simply cannot STAND the white being even remotely undercooked, it immediately makes me feel nauseous.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
[quote name="Swiftstrike5" date="2024-03-20 13:18:13" ] I've avoided them from a young age- there's something about the smell, and the slimy texture that made me avoid them, though I don't really know why. Edit: However, I do eat them if they were used for baking, like bread or something! [/quote] yeah same here I don't like eggs and I don't even know why :sob:
Swiftstrike5 wrote on 2024-03-20 13:18:13:
I've avoided them from a young age- there's something about the smell, and the slimy texture that made me avoid them, though I don't really know why.

Edit: However, I do eat them if they were used for baking, like bread or something!
yeah same here I don't like eggs and I don't even know why :sob:
I don't mind cheesy scrambled eggs. But if I have them by themselves, I get nauseous.
I don't mind cheesy scrambled eggs. But if I have them by themselves, I get nauseous.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Gross yuck just some yogurt pls[emoji=nocturne sad size=1]
Gross yuck just some yogurt pls
I love them! One of my favorite foods! Scrambled eggs with heavy cream and chedder are delicious. Never had any of the texture or smell issues unless the egg was overcooked. My only problem with eggs is the industrial farming aspect. Even with buying pasture raised eggs, there's still the issue of all the male chicks culled at the hatcheries. There is technology now to tell the sex of a chick before it hatches, but it's not widely used.
I love them! One of my favorite foods! Scrambled eggs with heavy cream and chedder are delicious. Never had any of the texture or smell issues unless the egg was overcooked. My only problem with eggs is the industrial farming aspect. Even with buying pasture raised eggs, there's still the issue of all the male chicks culled at the hatcheries. There is technology now to tell the sex of a chick before it hatches, but it's not widely used.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7