Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Opinion on eating eggs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I’m curious. I have hated eating eggs since I was in my early teens. The texture (especially the rubbery sliminess of fried eggs, eugh). The dog-fart smell. The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop. Randomly finding shards of eggshell in an omelette or scrambled eggs. Even the sound of an eggshell being cracked on the rim of a bowl. What are everyone else’s opinions on eggs, good or bad? Don’t worry. I won’t judge you if you do like them. Not [i]too[/i] much, anyway [emoji=skydancer winking size=1][emoji=eternal youth size=1] Edit: The eggs did not actually taste exactly like the smell of chicken poop, I was being overdramatic about randomly gamey-tasting bites :p This post is intentionally overdramatic for the sake of silliness, but I really cannot stand eggs. Back when I used to eat them, I did actively seek out cheese omelettes and deviled eggs, though, as I liked them. I’m not sure if I’d like them now, though, if only because I’ve become de-acclimated to them over time of not eating eggs.
I’m curious. I have hated eating eggs since I was in my early teens. The texture (especially the rubbery sliminess of fried eggs, eugh). The dog-fart smell. The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop. Randomly finding shards of eggshell in an omelette or scrambled eggs. Even the sound of an eggshell being cracked on the rim of a bowl. What are everyone else’s opinions on eggs, good or bad? Don’t worry. I won’t judge you if you do like them. Not too much, anyway

Edit: The eggs did not actually taste exactly like the smell of chicken poop, I was being overdramatic about randomly gamey-tasting bites :p This post is intentionally overdramatic for the sake of silliness, but I really cannot stand eggs. Back when I used to eat them, I did actively seek out cheese omelettes and deviled eggs, though, as I liked them. I’m not sure if I’d like them now, though, if only because I’ve become de-acclimated to them over time of not eating eggs.
oJK1fXV.png
E G G. I quite like them. Fried, cooked, whatever, I think they're neat. Great source of protein too, and damn, I need to get back into the habit of building some muscles (especially lower back. Had some mild back pains for a while now). As a bonus, I live in a small rural town, so it's actually not hard to get local free-range eggs, which is neat. [quote name="DriftingDreams" date="2024-03-18 15:54:52" ] The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop. [/quote] That doesn't sound good, but it also makes me wonder how you know what chicken poop tastes like. Can't say I've tried.
E G G.

I quite like them. Fried, cooked, whatever, I think they're neat. Great source of protein too, and damn, I need to get back into the habit of building some muscles (especially lower back. Had some mild back pains for a while now).
As a bonus, I live in a small rural town, so it's actually not hard to get local free-range eggs, which is neat.

DriftingDreams wrote on 2024-03-18 15:54:52:
The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop.

That doesn't sound good, but it also makes me wonder how you know what chicken poop tastes like. Can't say I've tried.
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2024-03-18 16:04:05" ] [quote name="DriftingDreams" date="2024-03-18 15:54:52" ] The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop. [/quote] That doesn't sound good, but it also makes me wonder how you know what chicken poop tastes like. Can't say I've tried. [/quote] Haha, I was being overdramatic about bites that tasted overly gamey [emoji=skydancer tongue size=1] Thankfully, I have never tried either!
Xionahri wrote on 2024-03-18 16:04:05:
DriftingDreams wrote on 2024-03-18 15:54:52:
The fact that I would sometimes get random bites that tasted like chicken poop.

That doesn't sound good, but it also makes me wonder how you know what chicken poop tastes like. Can't say I've tried.
Haha, I was being overdramatic about bites that tasted overly gamey Thankfully, I have never tried either!
oJK1fXV.png
I've honestly not had the issue you're having. It sounds like either someone hasn't washed your eggs or cooked them correctly, or depends on how it is made.

As for me, I only really like them scrambled, add a little bit of milk to them as well as seasoning while whisking them, start to fry them up, add some cheese while doing so and it comes out so good.
I've honestly not had the issue you're having. It sounds like either someone hasn't washed your eggs or cooked them correctly, or depends on how it is made.

As for me, I only really like them scrambled, add a little bit of milk to them as well as seasoning while whisking them, start to fry them up, add some cheese while doing so and it comes out so good.
Forever shall darkness plagues one heart and keep them forever alone as long as they breath such gloom air.

People constantly gets me confused with Darknesss (with 3 S's)
I like eggs, it's also one of the few things I can cook so I make them for myself sometimes. fried eggs > scrambled eggs > boiled eggs.
I like eggs, it's also one of the few things I can cook so I make them for myself sometimes. fried eggs > scrambled eggs > boiled eggs.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
[center]egg [emoji=familiar heart size=1] used to eat them daily, they are ok [img]https://media1.tenor.com/m/bvB_obHQm60AAAAd/egg-dog.gif[/img]
egg used to eat them daily, they are ok

egg-dog.gif
A large eyed creature looks at the viewer, rainbow confetti spills all around it, the legend YIPPE can be read above it a silly doodle of my favorite dragon A large eyed creature with headphones. Rainbow coloured musical notes hover all around it. we stay silly

Agender Flag Pansexual Flag
Transmasculine Flag Demisexual Flag
eggs are top 3 foods of all time
eggs are top 3 foods of all time
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
I'm not fond of eggs. largely a texture thing for me.
I'm not fond of eggs. largely a texture thing for me.
they/them | +2 FR time
I have pings disabled
i love egg [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
i love egg
WLoOVBq.jpeg
I like eggs quite a lot, I’d say they are one of my favorite foods. I enjoy them scrambled (extra fluffy with cheese and plenty of seasoning), but honestly, hardboiled is my favorite. Maybe add a bit of salt, and just… nom. There’s something about the shape, and the texture, and the way they hold heat better when they’re kept whole like that. I used to eat them every day because they are so nutritious and predictable; they make a great same-food if you’re into them. They’re also super simple to make, especially if you struggle with cooking like I do.

I can take them fried, but it’s not my favorite. I’m not a big fan of the texture. I do understand the sentiment behind the sensory problems—eggs can be rather gross in their own way sometimes, and I admit, the scent when hardboiled is not the best :’)
I like eggs quite a lot, I’d say they are one of my favorite foods. I enjoy them scrambled (extra fluffy with cheese and plenty of seasoning), but honestly, hardboiled is my favorite. Maybe add a bit of salt, and just… nom. There’s something about the shape, and the texture, and the way they hold heat better when they’re kept whole like that. I used to eat them every day because they are so nutritious and predictable; they make a great same-food if you’re into them. They’re also super simple to make, especially if you struggle with cooking like I do.

I can take them fried, but it’s not my favorite. I’m not a big fan of the texture. I do understand the sentiment behind the sensory problems—eggs can be rather gross in their own way sometimes, and I admit, the scent when hardboiled is not the best :’)
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7