Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A customisable offspring list
1 2 3
[quote name="CaptainMoondyne" date="2024-02-08 09:24:46" ] Support. Sounds like a good idea to me; I saw another thread where there was a debate over rights regarding unnamed dragons, and this seems like a good alternative. Out of sight, out of mind :) [/quote] Yes this is exactly what I had in mind :) I hope something like this would solve most issues regarding that, and maybe eventually, HOPEFULLY allow more freedom for people who want unnamed dragons ;-; while helping those who just want nice offspring lists
CaptainMoondyne wrote on 2024-02-08 09:24:46:
Support. Sounds like a good idea to me; I saw another thread where there was a debate over rights regarding unnamed dragons, and this seems like a good alternative. Out of sight, out of mind :)

Yes this is exactly what I had in mind :) I hope something like this would solve most issues regarding that, and maybe eventually, HOPEFULLY allow more freedom for people who want unnamed dragons ;-; while helping those who just want nice offspring lists
I'm usually not very interested by that kind of suggestion, but I have to say I'd really like a feature like that ! I don't care about offspring lists at all, but that idea would make it so much easier to look at your dragons kids in the new 'View all Offspring' page, having a lil' portrait and a way to tell who was exalted and who is still active would honestly be amazing.

I really like checking on offsprings to see how they changed since they were hatched, and it's... Tedious to do it with our current system.

This would make everything easier, and stop all the 'Unnamed dragons are bad for some reason' thread from happening all the time. Win-win !
I'm usually not very interested by that kind of suggestion, but I have to say I'd really like a feature like that ! I don't care about offspring lists at all, but that idea would make it so much easier to look at your dragons kids in the new 'View all Offspring' page, having a lil' portrait and a way to tell who was exalted and who is still active would honestly be amazing.

I really like checking on offsprings to see how they changed since they were hatched, and it's... Tedious to do it with our current system.

This would make everything easier, and stop all the 'Unnamed dragons are bad for some reason' thread from happening all the time. Win-win !
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
[quote name="ColonelChicken" date="2024-02-10 01:52:57" ] I really like checking on offsprings to see how they changed since they were hatched, and it's... Tedious to do it with our current system. [/quote] Yes I love doing that too, but since I have... very long offspring lists of what could be considered "fodder" it gets old very fast. I think a system like that could be nice with a search bar too so we could even view babies based off their breeds, genes, etc. but that's getting a bit complex XD so I can keep dreaming
ColonelChicken wrote on 2024-02-10 01:52:57:

Yes I love doing that too, but since I have... very long offspring lists of what could be considered "fodder" it gets old very fast.

I think a system like that could be nice with a search bar too so we could even view babies based off their breeds, genes, etc. but that's getting a bit complex XD so I can keep dreaming
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-08 05:46:43" ] [quote name="YuleLad" date="2024-02-07 16:39:52" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-02-07 15:53:38" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] How many is "a few years" at this point? Because as far as I know, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996/1#post_1265996]it was almost ten years ago[/url] at this point. Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow. [/quote] Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha. I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday. I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community [emoji=familiar heart size=1] And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made! [/quote] Just because it was 10 years ago doesn't mean that the causal issue wasn't part of the cornerstone programming that cannot be updated - that's why I'd like this to happen but I'm being realistic regarding what had happened. [/quote] My point was that there's been a whole-site refactor happening since then, though, and they called it an important issue that they wanted to address. I would be surprised if this wasn't one of the issues the refactor addresses. Whether that means it will be possible then is a different matter. But continuing to acknowledge this is important to players isn't a waste of time either way.
RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-08 05:46:43:
YuleLad wrote on 2024-02-07 16:39:52:
Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 15:53:38:
RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-07 13:45:35:
It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible...
How many is "a few years" at this point?
Because as far as I know, it was almost ten years ago at this point.

Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow.
Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha.

I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday.

I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made!
Just because it was 10 years ago doesn't mean that the causal issue wasn't part of the cornerstone programming that cannot be updated - that's why I'd like this to happen but I'm being realistic regarding what had happened.
My point was that there's been a whole-site refactor happening since then, though, and they called it an important issue that they wanted to address. I would be surprised if this wasn't one of the issues the refactor addresses. Whether that means it will be possible then is a different matter.

But continuing to acknowledge this is important to players isn't a waste of time either way.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I do agree that staff should make this happen eventually.. since they noted it was a priority for them all these years ago... I hope they haven't given up on this...

This suggestion isn't exactly what they tried to do years back so I feel like comparing it to the old solution they tried to make happen isn't exactly fair. They probably could make this happen without it crashing the site.
I do agree that staff should make this happen eventually.. since they noted it was a priority for them all these years ago... I hope they haven't given up on this...

This suggestion isn't exactly what they tried to do years back so I feel like comparing it to the old solution they tried to make happen isn't exactly fair. They probably could make this happen without it crashing the site.
I hope that this is something that gets revisited once the devs have finished with their refactors and other backlogged things; if it can be done without spaghettifying the site, it would be an amazing solution. Either the original plan to hide exalted offspring, or OPs suggestion to customize/hide certain things. I do like OPs suggestion because it lets folks with lore lairs have a bit more wiggle room on what to show - so I'll toss my support in.
I hope that this is something that gets revisited once the devs have finished with their refactors and other backlogged things; if it can be done without spaghettifying the site, it would be an amazing solution. Either the original plan to hide exalted offspring, or OPs suggestion to customize/hide certain things. I do like OPs suggestion because it lets folks with lore lairs have a bit more wiggle room on what to show - so I'll toss my support in.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] I never knew this wow :0 I'm not one to care much for offspring lists but I have a few lore dragons I accidentally bred without thinking about it so I'd like to be able to hide their offspring. I know this is something a ton of people really want so support! As long as it won't break the site, of course.
RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-07 13:45:35:
It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible...

I never knew this wow :0

I'm not one to care much for offspring lists but I have a few lore dragons I accidentally bred without thinking about it so I'd like to be able to hide their offspring. I know this is something a ton of people really want so support! As long as it won't break the site, of course.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
I do hope the staff makes this feasible. I've made a couple of breeding/naming mistakes I'd love to just hide by cherry-picking which offspring are visible.
I do hope the staff makes this feasible. I've made a couple of breeding/naming mistakes I'd love to just hide by cherry-picking which offspring are visible.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2024-02-24 12:36:29" ] I do hope the staff makes this feasible. I've made a couple of breeding/naming mistakes I'd love to just hide by cherry-picking which offspring are visible. [/quote] Exactly. And like some pointed out, we sometimes buy dragons that were already bred before we got them...
gemajgall wrote on 2024-02-24 12:36:29:

Exactly. And like some pointed out, we sometimes buy dragons that were already bred before we got them...
[quote name="@RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] was this prior to 2015?
@RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-07 13:45:35:
was this prior to 2015?
1 2 3