Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A customisable offspring list
1 2 3
Hi, So there's quite a few people out here who want pretty offspring lists for aesthetic reasons, others (like myself) want to be able to separate canon offsprings from non-canon ones, or exalted offsprings from unexalted ones. There's also those who want to be able to tell if their babies are from the same clutch or not. I present to you : customisable offspring lists. The idea of it is that you get to pick which offsprings are visible on YOUR dragon's page, but there's still a link to see the rest of your dragon's offsprings. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HSCrn0f.png[/img] The page "all offsprings" would be similar to what we find on Lioden/Wolvden. The parent dragon's owner would have no customisation control over that page. Here's a quick photoshop of what it would look like : [img]https://i.imgur.com/zyjTRF9.png[/img] This page could have more informations than just that, but it's a preview. [b]It would still be easy to see if a dragon has hatchlings or not, as only dragons with hatchlings would have the "view all offsprings" link on their lineage.[/b] This is important, or else, no difference between a dragon without hatchling vs a dragon with hatchling could lead to scams. Of course, all offsprings, even the ones you picked to have on your dragon's page, would appear on the "all offspring list". Thoughts?
Hi,

So there's quite a few people out here who want pretty offspring lists for aesthetic reasons, others (like myself) want to be able to separate canon offsprings from non-canon ones, or exalted offsprings from unexalted ones. There's also those who want to be able to tell if their babies are from the same clutch or not.

I present to you : customisable offspring lists.

The idea of it is that you get to pick which offsprings are visible on YOUR dragon's page, but there's still a link to see the rest of your dragon's offsprings.

HSCrn0f.png

The page "all offsprings" would be similar to what we find on Lioden/Wolvden. The parent dragon's owner would have no customisation control over that page. Here's a quick photoshop of what it would look like :

zyjTRF9.png

This page could have more informations than just that, but it's a preview.

It would still be easy to see if a dragon has hatchlings or not, as only dragons with hatchlings would have the "view all offsprings" link on their lineage. This is important, or else, no difference between a dragon without hatchling vs a dragon with hatchling could lead to scams.

Of course, all offsprings, even the ones you picked to have on your dragon's page, would appear on the "all offspring list".

Thoughts?
It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible...
It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible...
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] Oh gosh, this is very sad. I really hope they can bring it back, somehow. Maybe since they changed server it would be easier.
RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-07 13:45:35:

Oh gosh, this is very sad. I really hope they can bring it back, somehow. Maybe since they changed server it would be easier.
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] How many is "a few years" at this point? Because as far as I know, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996/1#post_1265996]it was almost ten years ago[/url] at this point. Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow.
How many is "a few years" at this point?
Because as far as I know, it was almost ten years ago at this point.

Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I'd like something like this someday, if it's possible. I have two permas (my custom progen and an XYX gen-1 ;-;) that I bred while still pretty new to the game, and ended up exalting some of their offspring unnamed. If we can't ever get the ability to name exalted dragons, then I'd like this instead.
I'd like something like this someday, if it's possible. I have two permas (my custom progen and an XYX gen-1 ;-;) that I bred while still pretty new to the game, and ended up exalting some of their offspring unnamed. If we can't ever get the ability to name exalted dragons, then I'd like this instead.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-02-07 15:53:38" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] How many is "a few years" at this point? Because as far as I know, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996/1#post_1265996]it was almost ten years ago[/url] at this point. Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow. [/quote] Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha. I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday. I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community [emoji=familiar heart size=1] And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made!
Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 15:53:38:

Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow.

Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha.

I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday.

I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made!
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2024-02-07 16:39:52" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-02-07 15:53:38" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-07 13:45:35" ] It was half implemented a few years ago and broke the site like nothing before or since and had to un-implemented, so I'd like it - if it is actually possible... [/quote] How many is "a few years" at this point? Because as far as I know, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996/1#post_1265996]it was almost ten years ago[/url] at this point. Meanwhile stuff like this continues to be a regular point of contention that probably should be addressed somehow. [/quote] Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha. I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday. I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community [emoji=familiar heart size=1] And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made! [/quote] Just because it was 10 years ago doesn't mean that the causal issue wasn't part of the cornerstone programming that cannot be updated - that's why I'd like this to happen but I'm being realistic regarding what had happened.
YuleLad wrote on 2024-02-07 16:39:52:
Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 15:53:38:

Oh I didn't realise it was that long ago. I know it was before I joined, but I suppose I keep forgetting I joined 7 years ago haha.

I also checked what it was and my suggestion isn't exactly that, so hopefully it wouldn't make the site crash like what they tried to do did. I'm not asking to hide only exalted offsprings, but specific, chosen offsprings. I also think that since they have updated the profile, the code could be easier to work around nowaday.

I hope they think about it and try to add it again, I think it would solve a lot of tension in the community And would help a lot for people who just want to fix a newbie mistake they made!

Just because it was 10 years ago doesn't mean that the causal issue wasn't part of the cornerstone programming that cannot be updated - that's why I'd like this to happen but I'm being realistic regarding what had happened.
JQQ3Fjt.png
IF it's possible without crashing the site, full support. I really would love some way to customize offspring lists, and this seems like the best compromise all around.
IF it's possible without crashing the site, full support. I really would love some way to customize offspring lists, and this seems like the best compromise all around.
Support. Sounds like a good idea to me; I saw another thread where there was a debate over rights regarding unnamed dragons, and this seems like a good alternative. Out of sight, out of mind :)
Support. Sounds like a good idea to me; I saw another thread where there was a debate over rights regarding unnamed dragons, and this seems like a good alternative. Out of sight, out of mind :)
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
Support if it's workable!
Support if it's workable!
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
1 2 3