Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Snallygaster Dragon
1 2
Not an overly serious suggestion, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring as to what breeds I think could work. A Snallygaster based Ancient Breed would be fun. I would ideally want the single eye and tentacle tongues (maybe that could be a line breaking tert).
Not an overly serious suggestion, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring as to what breeds I think could work. A Snallygaster based Ancient Breed would be fun. I would ideally want the single eye and tentacle tongues (maybe that could be a line breaking tert).
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
i feel the design may be too close to undertide, but it would definitely be interesting to see something like this done. maybe added genes for undertides to provide a similar look?
i feel the design may be too close to undertide, but it would definitely be interesting to see something like this done. maybe added genes for undertides to provide a similar look?
"respect the queen"
FRbanner1.png
ca4b279b5458a1eb05f214319b71c14b175a1867.png
@olarys

In what way? Undertides are winged sea serpents, the Snallygaster is a cyclops bird dragon with tentacle tongues that lives in the mountains.
@olarys

In what way? Undertides are winged sea serpents, the Snallygaster is a cyclops bird dragon with tentacle tongues that lives in the mountains.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
@TheLOAD

I mean, simply the design. The way that both of them look, nothing to do with their origin or anything, just because both of them have similar bodies, with the exception of legs and the tentacles is all.

It's definitely an interesting idea, but thats the only thing that may stop devs from considering it imo
@TheLOAD

I mean, simply the design. The way that both of them look, nothing to do with their origin or anything, just because both of them have similar bodies, with the exception of legs and the tentacles is all.

It's definitely an interesting idea, but thats the only thing that may stop devs from considering it imo
"respect the queen"
FRbanner1.png
@olarys

They don’t have similar bodies though, is my confusion. The Snallygaster is depicted as either a wyvern or a feathered western dragon, not a serpent. It’s usually a bird/dragon hybrid.

Edit: I’m not upset, just very confused by the Undertide comparison. I could understand Skydancer or Banescale, since those are the bird-y breeds, but I’m struggling to see how they resemble Undertides.
@olarys

They don’t have similar bodies though, is my confusion. The Snallygaster is depicted as either a wyvern or a feathered western dragon, not a serpent. It’s usually a bird/dragon hybrid.

Edit: I’m not upset, just very confused by the Undertide comparison. I could understand Skydancer or Banescale, since those are the bird-y breeds, but I’m struggling to see how they resemble Undertides.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
@TheLOAD

Im so sorry for the confusion lol. but when i would thing of snallygaster it just immediately reminded me of undertides, just simply based off of their bodies. after looking at more images, i can definitely see your POV and confusion about my comparison
@TheLOAD

Im so sorry for the confusion lol. but when i would thing of snallygaster it just immediately reminded me of undertides, just simply based off of their bodies. after looking at more images, i can definitely see your POV and confusion about my comparison
"respect the queen"
FRbanner1.png
[quote name="olarys" date="2024-03-17 22:34:48" ] i feel the design may be too close to undertide, but it would definitely be interesting to see something like this done. maybe added genes for undertides to provide a similar look? [/quote] if you're worried about dragons that look like undertides in various aspects we gotta also complain about spirals and auraboas tbh i had to look up what a snallygaster was because my first thought was "isnt that a card game or something" but upon seeing it this thing looks absolutely [i]NOTHING[/i] like an undertide??? image for context [img]https://www.dragondistillery.com/uploads/8/5/7/0/85700758/published/snally-3d.png[/img] this would make an insanely awesome plague dragon!!!
olarys wrote on 2024-03-17 22:34:48:
if you're worried about dragons that look like undertides in various aspects we gotta also complain about spirals and auraboas tbh

i had to look up what a snallygaster was because my first thought was "isnt that a card game or something" but upon seeing it this thing looks absolutely NOTHING like an undertide???

image for context

snally-3d.png

this would make an insanely awesome plague dragon!!!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-03-18 09:39:26" ] [quote name="olarys" date="2024-03-17 22:34:48" ] i feel the design may be too close to undertide, but it would definitely be interesting to see something like this done. maybe added genes for undertides to provide a similar look? [/quote] if you're worried about dragons that look like undertides in various aspects we gotta also complain about spirals and auraboas tbh i had to look up what a snallygaster was because my first thought was "isnt that a card game or something" but upon seeing it this thing looks absolutely [i]NOTHING[/i] like an undertide??? image for context [img]https://www.dragondistillery.com/uploads/8/5/7/0/85700758/published/snally-3d.png[/img] this would make an insanely awesome plague dragon!!! [/quote] Ngl, that does look p cool. Would keep a few in my lair because of how weird they look.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-03-18 09:39:26:
olarys wrote on 2024-03-17 22:34:48:
if you're worried about dragons that look like undertides in various aspects we gotta also complain about spirals and auraboas tbh

i had to look up what a snallygaster was because my first thought was "isnt that a card game or something" but upon seeing it this thing looks absolutely NOTHING like an undertide???

image for context

snally-3d.png

this would make an insanely awesome plague dragon!!!

Ngl, that does look p cool. Would keep a few in my lair because of how weird they look.
Dragons are usually pretty weird, with features borrowed from humans and other animals merged together in a funky way. I have to say I'm a little bummed the various breeds we have right now don't really highlight that, especially ancients. Anything that pushes the enveloppe a little would be great, so I'd be very happy with a dragon inspired by a funkier creature :)
Dragons are usually pretty weird, with features borrowed from humans and other animals merged together in a funky way. I have to say I'm a little bummed the various breeds we have right now don't really highlight that, especially ancients. Anything that pushes the enveloppe a little would be great, so I'd be very happy with a dragon inspired by a funkier creature :)
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
YES! A SNALLYGASTER WOULD BE AMAZING!
We need more weird dragon breeds.
We already have a Plague ancient, but I could see these guys working for Wind.
YES! A SNALLYGASTER WOULD BE AMAZING!
We need more weird dragon breeds.
We already have a Plague ancient, but I could see these guys working for Wind.
1 2