Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there any market for...
Unopened festival chests? I have quite a lot from a few years ago just collecting dust in my vault. (... and one from 2014 apparently)

Or would I be better off opening them and selling the skins/accents?
Unopened festival chests? I have quite a lot from a few years ago just collecting dust in my vault. (... and one from 2014 apparently)

Or would I be better off opening them and selling the skins/accents?
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
The chests from previous festivals have never returned (as far as I know) while skins can come back via Roundsey.
While the demand for these chests may be low, the supply is also very low which gives them a higher price if a collector is looking for them.
Unless you really want the skin inside, I'd say keep them as chests.
The chests from previous festivals have never returned (as far as I know) while skins can come back via Roundsey.
While the demand for these chests may be low, the supply is also very low which gives them a higher price if a collector is looking for them.
Unless you really want the skin inside, I'd say keep them as chests.
TOW2n3q.png
@Sawkinator Yes, and it's small. Your buyers are generally collectors looking for stuff they didn't get/weren't around for and people looking for a deal compared to buying the skin inside. I also have more bad news; buyers are cheap and lazy. The problem with festival chests is that unless you know what's in it there's work involved in figuring out if you want it or not. Putting chests up on the AH takes forever since there your market is primarily people who are searching exactly for that chest and are most likely looking for a cheap one. The more reliable way to sell is to make a thread in Items for Sale and offer the chest at one price and list it's skin accent at a lower price (AH price). Post the skin preview next to every chest so that people know whether or not they want to buy it without researching it. If they want the chest they pay the higher price. If they only want the accent/skin go ahead and open it up yourself, collect the treasure and sell the accent/skin for the AH going price. Skin code for posting: [code][skin=skinid][/code]
@Sawkinator

Yes, and it's small. Your buyers are generally collectors looking for stuff they didn't get/weren't around for and people looking for a deal compared to buying the skin inside.

I also have more bad news; buyers are cheap and lazy.

The problem with festival chests is that unless you know what's in it there's work involved in figuring out if you want it or not. Putting chests up on the AH takes forever since there your market is primarily people who are searching exactly for that chest and are most likely looking for a cheap one.

The more reliable way to sell is to make a thread in Items for Sale and offer the chest at one price and list it's skin accent at a lower price (AH price). Post the skin preview next to every chest so that people know whether or not they want to buy it without researching it. If they want the chest they pay the higher price. If they only want the accent/skin go ahead and open it up yourself, collect the treasure and sell the accent/skin for the AH going price.

Skin code for posting:
Code:
[skin=skinid]
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Yes, some of us are out there. I will take one of any chests you have preBSJ 2015, although depending on how many you have and the price you want for it it might take me some time to liquidate. I typically offer 10%+ of skin LAH if there's no listing.
Yes, some of us are out there. I will take one of any chests you have preBSJ 2015, although depending on how many you have and the price you want for it it might take me some time to liquidate. I typically offer 10%+ of skin LAH if there's no listing.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Another thing to think about: is the slightly higher price worth how much extra time it will take to sell the chests?
Another thing to think about: is the slightly higher price worth how much extra time it will take to sell the chests?
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
@Nightwind Very helpful! Any rule of thumb for how much more the chest goes for vs. the skin? Some of the ones I have don't have any listed on the AH right now.
@Nightwind Very helpful! Any rule of thumb for how much more the chest goes for vs. the skin? Some of the ones I have don't have any listed on the AH right now.
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
@Sawkinator

Not even a little bit other than skin+treasure+gem contents for older chests.

For example Consorts Box contains skin, 2,500t and 1g.

If there's no price, make up whatever you like. For approximate price look up other skins/chests from that festival and then price up/down based on how how much you like it or current popularity of the dragon breed it covers.

Maki's Festival Guide has links to every festival summary and tells you which ones came in chests and in the MP/Baldwin.
@Sawkinator

Not even a little bit other than skin+treasure+gem contents for older chests.

For example Consorts Box contains skin, 2,500t and 1g.

If there's no price, make up whatever you like. For approximate price look up other skins/chests from that festival and then price up/down based on how how much you like it or current popularity of the dragon breed it covers.

Maki's Festival Guide has links to every festival summary and tells you which ones came in chests and in the MP/Baldwin.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
this is EXACTLY the item i was hoping for when i opened the thread. I have so many of these that i would love to never see again.

I’ve got some 2014/2015 chests if anyone is collecting them!
this is EXACTLY the item i was hoping for when i opened the thread. I have so many of these that i would love to never see again.

I’ve got some 2014/2015 chests if anyone is collecting them!
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png