Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2024-02-24 21:02:17" ] support. theres no reason not to that doesn't boil down to spite and/or greed [/quote] Well. That's untrue. There are plenty of reasons (even good reasons) that don't boil down to this. I still think the festival items should all be in the Spare Inventory Crate regardless of release date, though.
Doodlepede wrote on 2024-02-24 21:02:17:
support. theres no reason not to that doesn't boil down to spite and/or greed
Well. That's untrue. There are plenty of reasons (even good reasons) that don't boil down to this.

I still think the festival items should all be in the Spare Inventory Crate regardless of release date, though.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support
Support
l7Ge01H.png
FObX7rS.png
Xub4k1J.png
lAvpyOQ.png
mjtJ868.png
87873162.png 88000909.png 87362926.png I love aether dragons!
I collect Snapping Turtle!

WE WANT BLEP!
Honestly atp I say take it a step further. Sow chaos. Unnannounced Galore drop of the whole Sprite set [emoji=guardian winking size=1] [s]I'm only half joking here the droprate would still be insanely unfair if we're being honest with ourselves, and it would only gets worse with time[/s]
Honestly atp I say take it a step further.

Sow chaos.

Unnannounced Galore drop of the whole Sprite set I'm only half joking here the droprate would still be insanely unfair if we're being honest with ourselves, and it would only gets worse with time
wU5i5vK.gif |
|
|
Intricate Illustrations (my art shop) |
|
|
YOJnt9s.png
It's frankly always baffled me that y1 items *aren't* in the joxbox, so I say I support this. also frankly i Do Not Care if it somehow "crashes the economy"
It apparently was confirmed in the og brightshine announcement that items would be "likely" to change from one year to the next, but I combed the entire thread and it was never made explicitly clear Which items would cycle out or even that they'd be permanently retired. See here.
Nevermind the fact that actually knowing the items would cycle out would require actively reading the thread when it's likely that many casual players only read the first announcement post and call it a day. Yes, more savvy players could reasonably guess the items might retire, but not everyone will have that understanding of free to play games and the site itself has examples of event items that return every year. For the context of fest items specifically the domain scenes have been available every year since they were introduced and I suspect this will be true of the genes as well.
It's frankly always baffled me that y1 items *aren't* in the joxbox, so I say I support this. also frankly i Do Not Care if it somehow "crashes the economy"
It apparently was confirmed in the og brightshine announcement that items would be "likely" to change from one year to the next, but I combed the entire thread and it was never made explicitly clear Which items would cycle out or even that they'd be permanently retired. See here.
Nevermind the fact that actually knowing the items would cycle out would require actively reading the thread when it's likely that many casual players only read the first announcement post and call it a day. Yes, more savvy players could reasonably guess the items might retire, but not everyone will have that understanding of free to play games and the site itself has examples of event items that return every year. For the context of fest items specifically the domain scenes have been available every year since they were introduced and I suspect this will be true of the genes as well.
Support, as someone who can actively buy several y1 items.
Support, as someone who can actively buy several y1 items.
mt8lr6s.png
Support. If you want something extremely expensive/rare, the KS stuff exists. Fest items should be treated equally, and they'll still retain some value whilst having a few more enter the sitewide economy (source: luminous halo)
Support. If you want something extremely expensive/rare, the KS stuff exists. Fest items should be treated equally, and they'll still retain some value whilst having a few more enter the sitewide economy (source: luminous halo)
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
Support - as time progresses and more and more older players leave the game, we are actually running out of these items, so reasons like 'it's a long term goal' and 'the economy' don't actually carry much weight. Just check the AH right now for how many are selling, at whatever price! Throwing one in every once in a decade via Roundsey doesn't help, either. These items are going to go extinct! And I'd rather support the economy through several smaller, achievable goals than stockpiling until I can afford a Light Sprite at the current insane value... I'm sorry, but I think it's actually immoral to expect people, especially the high number of teenagers playing this game, to pay nearly $2000 REAL MONEY for pixellated game content they don't even own and would get nothing for if FR folded the next day. If that's how the FR economy works then it's damaged beyond belief.
Support - as time progresses and more and more older players leave the game, we are actually running out of these items, so reasons like 'it's a long term goal' and 'the economy' don't actually carry much weight. Just check the AH right now for how many are selling, at whatever price! Throwing one in every once in a decade via Roundsey doesn't help, either. These items are going to go extinct! And I'd rather support the economy through several smaller, achievable goals than stockpiling until I can afford a Light Sprite at the current insane value... I'm sorry, but I think it's actually immoral to expect people, especially the high number of teenagers playing this game, to pay nearly $2000 REAL MONEY for pixellated game content they don't even own and would get nothing for if FR folded the next day. If that's how the FR economy works then it's damaged beyond belief.
CTF4up6.png
Support. I just came across my old spreadsheet tracking Sprite prices in 2018, and even though I know inflation exists, I really wasn't expecting the difference to be so significant. All festival items should be treated the same, and allowing rarity to balloon like this for only the Y1 items feels inequitable for anyone trying to collect them now. Also, the poster above has a good point that abandoned accounts are probably preventing these ultra rare items from circulating in the economy.

(idk if this is relevant but just for fun, this is the price comparison of 3 months of data from 2018 & 2024 (thanks to this thread))
Support. I just came across my old spreadsheet tracking Sprite prices in 2018, and even though I know inflation exists, I really wasn't expecting the difference to be so significant. All festival items should be treated the same, and allowing rarity to balloon like this for only the Y1 items feels inequitable for anyone trying to collect them now. Also, the poster above has a good point that abandoned accounts are probably preventing these ultra rare items from circulating in the economy.

(idk if this is relevant but just for fun, this is the price comparison of 3 months of data from 2018 & 2024 (thanks to this thread))
Support. It certainly wouldn't crash the economy since the items would be introduced slowly over time and there would be no immediate increase in supply, and anyways, these types of scarce items are in and of themselves drivers of the kind of inflation that is deadly for MMOs like FR, so reducing their scarcity would likely be healthier for the economy long term. I don't even want basically any of the old fest items except maybe to fill up my bestiary, I just genuinely think it will be better for the economy to reintroduce them.
Support. It certainly wouldn't crash the economy since the items would be introduced slowly over time and there would be no immediate increase in supply, and anyways, these types of scarce items are in and of themselves drivers of the kind of inflation that is deadly for MMOs like FR, so reducing their scarcity would likely be healthier for the economy long term. I don't even want basically any of the old fest items except maybe to fill up my bestiary, I just genuinely think it will be better for the economy to reintroduce them.
83232606.png:Pet The Bean:83232606.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34