Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What suggestions have the devs added?
1 2
[quote name="mothscale" date="2024-03-12 15:46:50" ] Honestly, I feel it might be easier to ask what changes DIDN'T come from Suggestions, and even then I'm not sure there would be anything except overarching site vision artistic stuff like lore/dragons! People talk quite a lot about various things, so even if something isn't implemented exactly as asked-for, it's probably been brought up or discussed as a potential compromise, or the devs have come up with their own compromise, or something… My personal favorite because it's something I personally asked for was that after the Which Waystone screenreader update eliminated directly-clickable tabs and timing-based cycling in favor of only back/forward buttons. I was basically just listing the problem (that the new format was far more click-heavy) and various solutions that would hopefully not compromise the Waystone's new screenreader compatibility, but my favorite (and one of the last I listed) was this: "Make the Waystone a dynamically-updating text-based list of dailies on a screen instead of a click-heavy image function. I'm aware this won't happen and it's entirely wishful thinking but having all the information available on one screen with no extra clicking required would be an absolute dream for me personally, so I'm going to add it anyway." …What do you know, the devs' solution ended up being the ability to click a button into a flat but dynamically-updating text list of dailies! To say I was thrilled would be an understatement, and I use it constantly to save my wrist. Also editing my post to highlight this: [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-12 15:42:45" ] The thing to remember with Suggestions is that FR is a small team and things go slowly just for manpower reasons, so a suggestion and its implementation are sometimes quite far apart. Means sometimes cause/effect are obscured a bit. [/quote] As I brought up in Suggestions today, the first mention I could find suggesting the ability to feed dragons before purchase was [i]nine years ago[/i]. I mean, it wasn't the only one, over the years, but that's still a long time! There are definitely things they've been planning to or wanting to implement for years but haven't been able to for one reason or another. Dark Mode, for instance— we've known they had it planned for years, but that they weren't able to start working on it for technical reasons until the site refactor was complete. We don't know when it will be here, but we do know that they want it and they're working on it. [/quote] Of course! Respect to the devs!
mothscale wrote on 2024-03-12 15:46:50:
Honestly, I feel it might be easier to ask what changes DIDN'T come from Suggestions, and even then I'm not sure there would be anything except overarching site vision artistic stuff like lore/dragons! People talk quite a lot about various things, so even if something isn't implemented exactly as asked-for, it's probably been brought up or discussed as a potential compromise, or the devs have come up with their own compromise, or something…

My personal favorite because it's something I personally asked for was that after the Which Waystone screenreader update eliminated directly-clickable tabs and timing-based cycling in favor of only back/forward buttons. I was basically just listing the problem (that the new format was far more click-heavy) and various solutions that would hopefully not compromise the Waystone's new screenreader compatibility, but my favorite (and one of the last I listed) was this:

"Make the Waystone a dynamically-updating text-based list of dailies on a screen instead of a click-heavy image function. I'm aware this won't happen and it's entirely wishful thinking but having all the information available on one screen with no extra clicking required would be an absolute dream for me personally, so I'm going to add it anyway."

…What do you know, the devs' solution ended up being the ability to click a button into a flat but dynamically-updating text list of dailies! To say I was thrilled would be an understatement, and I use it constantly to save my wrist.

Also editing my post to highlight this:
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-03-12 15:42:45:
The thing to remember with Suggestions is that FR is a small team and things go slowly just for manpower reasons, so a suggestion and its implementation are sometimes quite far apart. Means sometimes cause/effect are obscured a bit.

As I brought up in Suggestions today, the first mention I could find suggesting the ability to feed dragons before purchase was nine years ago. I mean, it wasn't the only one, over the years, but that's still a long time! There are definitely things they've been planning to or wanting to implement for years but haven't been able to for one reason or another. Dark Mode, for instance— we've known they had it planned for years, but that they weren't able to start working on it for technical reasons until the site refactor was complete. We don't know when it will be here, but we do know that they want it and they're working on it.
Of course! Respect to the devs!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-12 15:42:45" ] Skink/Spinner were a thread before implementation, iirc? I don't personally tend to follow the apparel suggestions threads though . [/quote] Skink came from this [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1811902/1]suggestion thread[/url], but now that I think about it, Ribbon looks a lot like it too. Interesting [emoji=coatl confused size=1] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2016-04-02 19:10:50" ] Azure: [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/1a72/f/2016/093/4/6/skink_azure_by_saikiyo-d9xmiq4.png[/img] [/quote] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=27&bodygene=84&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=27&auth=44215fc8a941a2bf7d69326f1f12721555160e6c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-03-12 15:42:45:
Skink/Spinner were a thread before implementation, iirc? I don't personally tend to follow the apparel suggestions threads though .

Skink came from this suggestion thread, but now that I think about it, Ribbon looks a lot like it too. Interesting
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2016-04-02 19:10:50:
Azure:

skink_azure_by_saikiyo-d9xmiq4.png

dragon?age=1&body=27&bodygene=84&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=27&auth=44215fc8a941a2bf7d69326f1f12721555160e6c&dummyext=prev.png
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
dark sclera was inspired by a suggestions thread suggesting a "hollow" eye type!
dark sclera was inspired by a suggestions thread suggesting a "hollow" eye type!
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Wasn't the Feed All/ Selective Feeding thing a suggestion? I remember there being many complaints that folks were running out of certain types of food more often and having to do a konami-code of sorts to keep their lairs fed and not be out of that type of feed. I feel like I recall Imps had a penchant for eating all the seafood before ever touching plants, and many joking about force feeding them salad.
Wasn't the Feed All/ Selective Feeding thing a suggestion? I remember there being many complaints that folks were running out of certain types of food more often and having to do a konami-code of sorts to keep their lairs fed and not be out of that type of feed. I feel like I recall Imps had a penchant for eating all the seafood before ever touching plants, and many joking about force feeding them salad.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Minor one, but when the Which Waystone was first added, it suggested that the coli was a good thing to do with your dragons "when they weren't breeding." I pointed out that nesting dragons being unable to battle was a common misconception among newbies already and that that wording would contribute to that, and the wording was updated withing a few days.
Minor one, but when the Which Waystone was first added, it suggested that the coli was a good thing to do with your dragons "when they weren't breeding." I pointed out that nesting dragons being unable to battle was a common misconception among newbies already and that that wording would contribute to that, and the wording was updated withing a few days.
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
I like to think that they added onyx jewelry due to a suggestion I made ways back lol. Same with the battlefield scene. Could be just coincidences but xD

I also do believe the loach fams were a suggestion.
I like to think that they added onyx jewelry due to a suggestion I made ways back lol. Same with the battlefield scene. Could be just coincidences but xD

I also do believe the loach fams were a suggestion.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
From what I can gather, Diamondback was a common suggestion for a gene in the Primary Gene Suggestion thread all the way back in 2013. Piebald and Python also were common suggestions...

....Honestly a lot of genes seem to be born from suggestions in general oml.
From what I can gather, Diamondback was a common suggestion for a gene in the Primary Gene Suggestion thread all the way back in 2013. Piebald and Python also were common suggestions...

....Honestly a lot of genes seem to be born from suggestions in general oml.
x72ysXo.png
[quote name="tambadabam" date="2024-03-13 06:16:21" ] Minor one, but when the Which Waystone was first added, it suggested that the coli was a good thing to do with your dragons "when they weren't breeding." I pointed out that nesting dragons being unable to battle was a common misconception among newbies already and that that wording would contribute to that, and the wording was updated withing a few days. [/quote] Similarly, I think I could have contributed to the reason why the message that pops up when you're about to use an eternal youth scroll on a dragon no longer warns you that eternally youthful dragons can't be used as avatars or sold (which used to be the case, apparently). There were probably other threads about this, so I'm not sure if I'm the main person to credit here, but I had [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2673379]a thread about this[/url] - which also suggested updating the wording of breed change scrolls to remove the part about not being able to be used on dragons currently on a breeding cooldown. Both descriptions have been updated since. (There were also some users suggesting that the "Remove Gene" items should be renamed to "Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Gene: Basic" on the same thread, which hasn't been implemented as of now, but I'd be okay with it.)
tambadabam wrote on 2024-03-13 06:16:21:
Similarly, I think I could have contributed to the reason why the message that pops up when you're about to use an eternal youth scroll on a dragon no longer warns you that eternally youthful dragons can't be used as avatars or sold (which used to be the case, apparently). There were probably other threads about this, so I'm not sure if I'm the main person to credit here, but I had a thread about this - which also suggested updating the wording of breed change scrolls to remove the part about not being able to be used on dragons currently on a breeding cooldown.

Both descriptions have been updated since. (There were also some users suggesting that the "Remove Gene" items should be renamed to "Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Gene: Basic" on the same thread, which hasn't been implemented as of now, but I'd be okay with it.)
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2