Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What suggestions have the devs added?
1 2
I was going through the suggestions forum and got curious- what suggestions have ended up being added to the game?
I was going through the suggestions forum and got curious- what suggestions have ended up being added to the game?
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple specific ones that aren't just general QoL updates.

They buffed elim drops, and also gave everyone free elims a few years ago, after years of people complaining (rightfully so) about how hard they were to get. They implemented eye scrolls due to the scattersight market getting out of control. I remember suggestion threads on scattersights getting pretty wild lol. I think scenes were a pretty heavily requested idea prior to their release too?
Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple specific ones that aren't just general QoL updates.

They buffed elim drops, and also gave everyone free elims a few years ago, after years of people complaining (rightfully so) about how hard they were to get. They implemented eye scrolls due to the scattersight market getting out of control. I remember suggestion threads on scattersights getting pretty wild lol. I think scenes were a pretty heavily requested idea prior to their release too?
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
I know that over the years, quite a few gene suggestions have actually been added! Mostly much older ones, yet they still crop up YEARS down the line, it's really cool. [quote name="StaticVitals" date="2023-08-29 04:45:06" ] [quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2023-01-18 14:27:27" ] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2019-01-19 14:08:45" ] Something based off of agate, bands and rings of colors and strips of accent colors with a glossy finish. Horns/spines in the base color and tipped with accent color. Including secondary as well. While it's shiny I think it would be nice to not a be a gem gene as we only have one shiny gene that's not gem (capsule). Perhaps a Baldwin/Swipp gene that's recipe calls for a lot of agate items (eye agate, fortification agate, malachite agate) or perhaps even obtained from digging/scavenging as we don't have a gathering gene yet and this would work well for that. [center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/fad07551-59f0-4d7e-8186-075a7b7efc39/dcxca7a-c5f666b3-2cf1-4bd7-bd92-493e868099df.png[/img] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/fad07551-59f0-4d7e-8186-075a7b7efc39/dcxca72-0172efd6-928d-4672-9f09-4f3aa169865b.png[/img] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/fad07551-59f0-4d7e-8186-075a7b7efc39/dcxca6v-37f6d2e9-1a2c-4026-9e33-226d57c1e734.png[/img] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/fad07551-59f0-4d7e-8186-075a7b7efc39/dcxca6b-0f316023-d32b-47ae-9bdf-a30800bd83d0.png[/img][/center] (Fire, hunter, ice, shadow) Bonus featuring watermelon and shadow [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/fad07551-59f0-4d7e-8186-075a7b7efc39/dcxhn5z-a537ed3a-33e3-4a75-94aa-49dfb698c11e.png[/img] [/quote] This is absolutely gorgeous, I could see it becoming one of my favorite genes if it were added! I'd also want to see it on Aberrations considering how well it would fit a fandragon I've had in mind [emoji=aberration winking size=1] [/quote] This looks gorgeous I would love seeing this come to life! BEAUTIFUL! [/quote] Like this one - they did actually add Malachite/Agate ringed genes! I prefer this version tbh because the pattern is more uniform and easy to follow, but hey! Pretty cool! [quote name="DeePr" date="2013-06-27 02:11:54" ] "Two-Toned" or "Split" dragons, that have the left side to be a lighter/darker shade than the other, literally making them look like they're 'split in half'. Hmm... sort of like some sort of Harlequin-type marking, perhaps? That would be interesting to see. Possible idea/suggestion [b]mockup[/b] (really quickly drawn up, sorry... ^-^;) [center][img]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/deepr-6/Flight%20Rising/Silver-Split.png[/img][/center] I'm sure if it was actually done, though, it would look better than my muckup (uhh... mockup.) XP [/quote] They did add this gene for Aberrations, eventually! This is from 2013! Wrow.
I know that over the years, quite a few gene suggestions have actually been added! Mostly much older ones, yet they still crop up YEARS down the line, it's really cool.
StaticVitals wrote on 2023-08-29 04:45:06:
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2023-01-18 14:27:27:
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2019-01-19 14:08:45:
Something based off of agate, bands and rings of colors and strips of accent colors with a glossy finish. Horns/spines in the base color and tipped with accent color. Including secondary as well. While it's shiny I think it would be nice to not a be a gem gene as we only have one shiny gene that's not gem (capsule). Perhaps a Baldwin/Swipp gene that's recipe calls for a lot of agate items (eye agate, fortification agate, malachite agate) or perhaps even obtained from digging/scavenging as we don't have a gathering gene yet and this would work well for that.

dcxca7a-c5f666b3-2cf1-4bd7-bd92-493e868099df.png

dcxca72-0172efd6-928d-4672-9f09-4f3aa169865b.png

dcxca6v-37f6d2e9-1a2c-4026-9e33-226d57c1e734.png

dcxca6b-0f316023-d32b-47ae-9bdf-a30800bd83d0.png

(Fire, hunter, ice, shadow)

Bonus featuring watermelon and shadow

dcxhn5z-a537ed3a-33e3-4a75-94aa-49dfb698c11e.png

This is absolutely gorgeous, I could see it becoming one of my favorite genes if it were added! I'd also want to see it on Aberrations considering how well it would fit a fandragon I've had in mind

This looks gorgeous I would love seeing this come to life! BEAUTIFUL!
Like this one - they did actually add Malachite/Agate ringed genes! I prefer this version tbh because the pattern is more uniform and easy to follow, but hey! Pretty cool!
DeePr wrote on 2013-06-27 02:11:54:
"Two-Toned" or "Split" dragons, that have the left side to be a lighter/darker shade than the other, literally making them look like they're 'split in half'.
Hmm... sort of like some sort of Harlequin-type marking, perhaps? That would be interesting to see.

Possible idea/suggestion mockup (really quickly drawn up, sorry... ^-^;)
Silver-Split.png

I'm sure if it was actually done, though, it would look better than my muckup (uhh... mockup.) XP

They did add this gene for Aberrations, eventually! This is from 2013! Wrow.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Obelisks were almost directly inspired by a Suggestions thread, lol.
Obelisks were almost directly inspired by a Suggestions thread, lol.
also for years people asked for a way to change their dragons from male or female. I think the pose change scrolls were a perfect compromise.
also for years people asked for a way to change their dragons from male or female. I think the pose change scrolls were a perfect compromise.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Lowering the points needed for the Shockswitch Achievement comes to mind.

Made it so you can't melt the festival bears in Baldwin's brew (and hallelujah for that). They were brewable for a long time because there used to be an overabundance of them, but now that the population has stabilized they've been removed.

And I remember (this is quite embarrassing) some time ago I made a thread where I wanted free name changes. It got more heated than I expected (which was on me, I wasn't in a good mind-space at the time and got a little too into arguing, which I apologize for). But I did notice afterwards that name scrolls suddenly stocked in massive numbers, making them easier to get. It was very heart-warming to see.

One from way back in 2013 was moving Crystalline Gala from December to January. It felt unfair for players as the holidays would make it harder to participate and organize, so it was moved to January (which at the time didn't have a festival. NotN wouldn't get added until the next year).

Also splitting the flight-specific forums into three. Pretty sure we used to only have one forum at the start.

A ton of suggestions have gotten added over the years, which is really awesome to see. The forum can be a bit heated at times but the feedback is always taken into account.
Lowering the points needed for the Shockswitch Achievement comes to mind.

Made it so you can't melt the festival bears in Baldwin's brew (and hallelujah for that). They were brewable for a long time because there used to be an overabundance of them, but now that the population has stabilized they've been removed.

And I remember (this is quite embarrassing) some time ago I made a thread where I wanted free name changes. It got more heated than I expected (which was on me, I wasn't in a good mind-space at the time and got a little too into arguing, which I apologize for). But I did notice afterwards that name scrolls suddenly stocked in massive numbers, making them easier to get. It was very heart-warming to see.

One from way back in 2013 was moving Crystalline Gala from December to January. It felt unfair for players as the holidays would make it harder to participate and organize, so it was moved to January (which at the time didn't have a festival. NotN wouldn't get added until the next year).

Also splitting the flight-specific forums into three. Pretty sure we used to only have one forum at the start.

A ton of suggestions have gotten added over the years, which is really awesome to see. The forum can be a bit heated at times but the feedback is always taken into account.
peregrine was added through a suggestion, this was prior to gene sets being released at the same time so falcon wasn't released until 2016. not sure when osiem got hired to the site though.
peregrine was added through a suggestion, this was prior to gene sets being released at the same time so falcon wasn't released until 2016. not sure when osiem got hired to the site though.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I made a suggestion for possible recolors for the Enhanced set when the second update came along, and they added some of the suggested colors! (Although idk if it was planned and just coincidence or if they actually looked at my suggestion and the following comments.)
I made a suggestion for possible recolors for the Enhanced set when the second update came along, and they added some of the suggested colors! (Although idk if it was planned and just coincidence or if they actually looked at my suggestion and the following comments.)
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
Skink/Spinner were a thread before implementation, iirc? I don't personally tend to follow the apparel suggestions threads though .

...also, how has nobody brought up Lair Tabs yet? They were hotly requested!

The thing to remember with Suggestions is that FR is a small team and things go slowly just for manpower reasons, so a suggestion and its implementation are sometimes quite far apart. Means sometimes cause/effect are obscured a bit.
Skink/Spinner were a thread before implementation, iirc? I don't personally tend to follow the apparel suggestions threads though .

...also, how has nobody brought up Lair Tabs yet? They were hotly requested!

The thing to remember with Suggestions is that FR is a small team and things go slowly just for manpower reasons, so a suggestion and its implementation are sometimes quite far apart. Means sometimes cause/effect are obscured a bit.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Honestly, I feel it might be easier to ask what changes DIDN'T come from Suggestions, and even then I'm not sure there would be anything except overarching site vision artistic stuff like lore/dragons! People talk quite a lot about various things, so even if something isn't implemented exactly as asked-for, it's probably been brought up or discussed as a potential compromise, or the devs have come up with their own compromise, or something… My personal favorite because it's something I personally asked for was that after the Which Waystone screenreader update eliminated directly-clickable tabs and timing-based cycling in favor of only back/forward buttons. I was basically just listing the problem (that the new format was far more click-heavy) and various solutions that would hopefully not compromise the Waystone's new screenreader compatibility, but my favorite (and one of the last I listed) was this: "Make the Waystone a dynamically-updating text-based list of dailies on a screen instead of a click-heavy image function. I'm aware this won't happen and it's entirely wishful thinking but having all the information available on one screen with no extra clicking required would be an absolute dream for me personally, so I'm going to add it anyway." …What do you know, the devs' solution ended up being the ability to click a button into a flat but dynamically-updating text list of dailies! To say I was thrilled would be an understatement, and I use it constantly to save my wrist. Also editing my post to highlight this: [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-12 15:42:45" ] The thing to remember with Suggestions is that FR is a small team and things go slowly just for manpower reasons, so a suggestion and its implementation are sometimes quite far apart. Means sometimes cause/effect are obscured a bit. [/quote] As I brought up in Suggestions today, the first mention I could find suggesting the ability to feed dragons before purchase was [i]nine years ago[/i]. I mean, it wasn't the only one, over the years, but that's still a long time! There are definitely things they've been planning to or wanting to implement for years but haven't been able to for one reason or another. Dark Mode, for instance— we've known they had it planned for years, but that they weren't able to start working on it for technical reasons until the site refactor was complete. We don't know when it will be here, but we do know that they want it and they're working on it.
Honestly, I feel it might be easier to ask what changes DIDN'T come from Suggestions, and even then I'm not sure there would be anything except overarching site vision artistic stuff like lore/dragons! People talk quite a lot about various things, so even if something isn't implemented exactly as asked-for, it's probably been brought up or discussed as a potential compromise, or the devs have come up with their own compromise, or something…

My personal favorite because it's something I personally asked for was that after the Which Waystone screenreader update eliminated directly-clickable tabs and timing-based cycling in favor of only back/forward buttons. I was basically just listing the problem (that the new format was far more click-heavy) and various solutions that would hopefully not compromise the Waystone's new screenreader compatibility, but my favorite (and one of the last I listed) was this:

"Make the Waystone a dynamically-updating text-based list of dailies on a screen instead of a click-heavy image function. I'm aware this won't happen and it's entirely wishful thinking but having all the information available on one screen with no extra clicking required would be an absolute dream for me personally, so I'm going to add it anyway."

…What do you know, the devs' solution ended up being the ability to click a button into a flat but dynamically-updating text list of dailies! To say I was thrilled would be an understatement, and I use it constantly to save my wrist.

Also editing my post to highlight this:
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-03-12 15:42:45:

As I brought up in Suggestions today, the first mention I could find suggesting the ability to feed dragons before purchase was nine years ago. I mean, it wasn't the only one, over the years, but that's still a long time! There are definitely things they've been planning to or wanting to implement for years but haven't been able to for one reason or another. Dark Mode, for instance— we've known they had it planned for years, but that they weren't able to start working on it for technical reasons until the site refactor was complete. We don't know when it will be here, but we do know that they want it and they're working on it.
1 2