Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts about skins
1 2 3 4 5
Lol A1 Sauce is a funny way to put it. For me, I would rather have base dragons that look nice "naked" than designing them with an outfit or skin in mind. But that's me. I've never really been that into dress-up to begin with.

However, I totally appreciate the effort and resources people put into bringing a dragon dream to life to fit a particular outfit or skin/accent.
Lol A1 Sauce is a funny way to put it. For me, I would rather have base dragons that look nice "naked" than designing them with an outfit or skin in mind. But that's me. I've never really been that into dress-up to begin with.

However, I totally appreciate the effort and resources people put into bringing a dragon dream to life to fit a particular outfit or skin/accent.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
UMAs can do things that the site will never. Clothing on ancients, added horns on moderns, or bring colors not existing on the color wheel. Good UMAs will uplift a dragon and give better variety to a dragon.

It's interesting to see the change in total skin coverage change over the years. Back in 2013 there was a lot less genes and colors to work with. Total coverage was a way for a lot of artists to make their desired dragon.
UMAs can do things that the site will never. Clothing on ancients, added horns on moderns, or bring colors not existing on the color wheel. Good UMAs will uplift a dragon and give better variety to a dragon.

It's interesting to see the change in total skin coverage change over the years. Back in 2013 there was a lot less genes and colors to work with. Total coverage was a way for a lot of artists to make their desired dragon.
siggy.png
i do agree with what everyone else said here but about the main post i mean.... sometimes that's the point. sometimes a dragon who looks meh can turn into something completely amazing with just one skin/accent ^^
i do agree with what everyone else said here but about the main post i mean.... sometimes that's the point. sometimes a dragon who looks meh can turn into something completely amazing with just one skin/accent ^^
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
I think it's pretty judgy to say people who like skins have crappy dragons, to be honest. I *love* full body skins. No amount of genes/clothes could create this, for example: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86733104][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/867332/86733104_350.png[/img][/url] Skins that completely change a dragon while still fitting the site's art style are, also, created by extremely talented users and they don't deserve to be belittled. If skins are not a part of your playstyle that's completely fine, but that doesn't give you grounds to put down how others play. A full body skin is cheaper than scattering, and I don't personally have time to grind here for hours to save up several million to get my dream colors on a dragon when there's so many awesome monster skins I can use instead. Different strokes for different folks - there's no reason to act like anyone here is less than just because they use skins.
I think it's pretty judgy to say people who like skins have crappy dragons, to be honest.

I *love* full body skins.

No amount of genes/clothes could create this, for example:

86733104_350.png

Skins that completely change a dragon while still fitting the site's art style are, also, created by extremely talented users and they don't deserve to be belittled. If skins are not a part of your playstyle that's completely fine, but that doesn't give you grounds to put down how others play.

A full body skin is cheaper than scattering, and I don't personally have time to grind here for hours to save up several million to get my dream colors on a dragon when there's so many awesome monster skins I can use instead.

Different strokes for different folks - there's no reason to act like anyone here is less than just because they use skins.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I don’t use skins on most/all of my dragons but I think the festival ones are a good way to showcase certain flights for reps :) Funny enough I collect them but rarely use them lol
I don’t use skins on most/all of my dragons but I think the festival ones are a good way to showcase certain flights for reps :) Funny enough I collect them but rarely use them lol
rRFsVIp.gif

molls
she/her
est +3:00
[quote name="FeralJester" date="2024-03-12 08:50:49" ] I feel like most skins serve to enhance the dragon's genes or colors. You can create some beautiful works of art with skins and accents! I think the only skins I feel that way about are the coli-drop skins that are just a full-coverage replacement. Those make the dragon feel pointless to me, as it could be literally any color/gene combo underneath and neither the skin nor the dragon is enhanced or blended in any way. [/quote] Agree.
FeralJester wrote on 2024-03-12 08:50:49:
I feel like most skins serve to enhance the dragon's genes or colors. You can create some beautiful works of art with skins and accents!

I think the only skins I feel that way about are the coli-drop skins that are just a full-coverage replacement. Those make the dragon feel pointless to me, as it could be literally any color/gene combo underneath and neither the skin nor the dragon is enhanced or blended in any way.
Agree.
Fandragon directory here Wishlists here and here

Check out my dressing service:https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3293238/1
My general relationship with skins/accents: They can look amazing and sometimes I really click with them, but they're often too expensive and/or busy for me to really care about them (especially UMAs).

I can appreciate accents made to accent a dragon's existing genes and colors. Skins... maybe just not for me. I haven't really found any full-body skins I connect with simply because I spend too much time planning out a dragon's genes and colors, and skins with a large amount of coverage are either too busy or completely do away with my work.

That said, I've seen some excellent dragons with large-coverage skins, just maybe not any I'd personally own.
My general relationship with skins/accents: They can look amazing and sometimes I really click with them, but they're often too expensive and/or busy for me to really care about them (especially UMAs).

I can appreciate accents made to accent a dragon's existing genes and colors. Skins... maybe just not for me. I haven't really found any full-body skins I connect with simply because I spend too much time planning out a dragon's genes and colors, and skins with a large amount of coverage are either too busy or completely do away with my work.

That said, I've seen some excellent dragons with large-coverage skins, just maybe not any I'd personally own.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
I don't like them, tho I don't mind them on other people dragons... They're just not my cup of tea ! I have no interest in owning a dragon wearing one, he would just look the same as any other dragon with the same skin. Not my thing !

Accents, now... That's where it's at !
I don't like them, tho I don't mind them on other people dragons... They're just not my cup of tea ! I have no interest in owning a dragon wearing one, he would just look the same as any other dragon with the same skin. Not my thing !

Accents, now... That's where it's at !
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
tbh I just want to enjoy my food. If my steak tastes great in heavy sauce, that's great. I had a great meal. I definitely have dragons that rely on skins/apparel and aren't great without them. But I greatly enjoy the overall composition and that's what matters to me. weirdo, looks like fodder from mashing random dragons together to be sold for 6kt [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=127&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=18&winggene=25&wings=26&auth=06bd04577987f7ecd54f331a11aedaf140d29491&dummyext=prev.png[/img] 10/10 perfect dragon imooo [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67313134][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673132/67313134_350.png[/img][/url]
tbh I just want to enjoy my food. If my steak tastes great in heavy sauce, that's great. I had a great meal.

I definitely have dragons that rely on skins/apparel and aren't great without them. But I greatly enjoy the overall composition and that's what matters to me.

weirdo, looks like fodder from mashing random dragons together to be sold for 6kt

dragon?age=1&body=127&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=18&winggene=25&wings=26&auth=06bd04577987f7ecd54f331a11aedaf140d29491&dummyext=prev.png

10/10 perfect dragon imooo

67313134_350.png
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I love skins and I usually use the dragon color to accent the skin or hope the skin enhances it; that being said a pretty skin sure can make a butt ugly dragon into something nice ^^
I love skins and I usually use the dragon color to accent the skin or hope the skin enhances it; that being said a pretty skin sure can make a butt ugly dragon into something nice ^^
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
1 2 3 4 5