Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | New user!
Hello! My name's Art! I used to hang around on virtual pet sites a ton as a kid, and thought I'd try a newer one out for nostalgia's sake :)
I use any and all pronouns, and some of my hobbies include reading, knitting & crochet, cosplay, gaming, and gardening. I also work as a library page as my local library, and spend my free-time often browsing the stacks there, and stocking Little Free Libraries in my city. I've definitely always been a lifelong book lover lol.
Anyways, I'm eager to get started with Flight Rising, and am happy to make new friends :)
Hello! My name's Art! I used to hang around on virtual pet sites a ton as a kid, and thought I'd try a newer one out for nostalgia's sake :)
I use any and all pronouns, and some of my hobbies include reading, knitting & crochet, cosplay, gaming, and gardening. I also work as a library page as my local library, and spend my free-time often browsing the stacks there, and stocking Little Free Libraries in my city. I've definitely always been a lifelong book lover lol.
Anyways, I'm eager to get started with Flight Rising, and am happy to make new friends :)
You're like a library superhero! Do you use libby?
You're like a library superhero! Do you use libby?
YMPbu9R.pngxYQkuHQ.pngnWiQNX9.pngTdTJOrw.pngOPvsslx.pngEEUHXHn.png
dragon_and_knight.gif
Aww welcome! You sound super cool and your community is lucky to have you. Enjoy your time on FR!
Aww welcome! You sound super cool and your community is lucky to have you. Enjoy your time on FR!
@SwirlyStars

Hi Art, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!!

I'm also a lifelong book lover, plus I love TTRPG, writing, gardening, outdoor festivals, birding, hand sewing, and I'm teaching myself to draw so I can draw all my dragons one day :D

There’s a lot of things to do here on FR, lots of choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collectibles of all kinds, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on.

And a fantastic community!!

After you've played a bit, you'll start to discover what you enjoy most!!

If you feel a bit shy about asking for free things...no worries. FR's community is very generous and very helpful to everyone, and especially new players.

We want you to stay!!! :D

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Light Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Acolights" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • the geniuses at Tiny Little Questions save me all the time -- bookmark them, I'm serious!! xD
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, so lmk if I can help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^
@SwirlyStars

Hi Art, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!!

I'm also a lifelong book lover, plus I love TTRPG, writing, gardening, outdoor festivals, birding, hand sewing, and I'm teaching myself to draw so I can draw all my dragons one day :D

There’s a lot of things to do here on FR, lots of choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collectibles of all kinds, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on.

And a fantastic community!!

After you've played a bit, you'll start to discover what you enjoy most!!

If you feel a bit shy about asking for free things...no worries. FR's community is very generous and very helpful to everyone, and especially new players.

We want you to stay!!! :D

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Light Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Acolights" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • the geniuses at Tiny Little Questions save me all the time -- bookmark them, I'm serious!! xD
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, so lmk if I can help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^
Welcome to Flight Rising!
Welcome to Flight Rising!
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a couple of little libraries at homes near me, and the people who live in those houses are really cool. Sounds like you are pretty cool too! Welcome!
I have a couple of little libraries at homes near me, and the people who live in those houses are really cool. Sounds like you are pretty cool too! Welcome!
Ljw7JvQ.png eswSnrS.png 1YB0OjO.png IclPr1q.png AMyO6Hf.png PxVdyDW.png NQ1Ze0S.png weia2aX.png J7D1quC.png 3B15OeM.png
waterh5.png